Receiver recommendation with some specific requirements
I am looking for a new receiver and have some pretty specific requirements. I am sure there are quite a few that will meet my needs but have not been not been following receiver tech in the last couple of years. As history for years I bought almost exclusively Denon receivers. The last couple I bought though didn't feel like they had the same quality of construction as the ones I had been picking up in years past. The last couple of receivers I have picked up have been Yamaha. That being said, I am open to any brand really.
The receiver that is being replaced is a Denon 3311. Primary use is home theater.
Price range is $1,000-1,500 but I have some flexibility in budget.
I currently have a 5.1 system with 4 Mirage OMD-5s, a Mirage OMD-C1 and an SVS PC-12.
So, here are my needs.
- Need to be able to support my 6 ohm speakers.
- Need to have full bandwidth HDMI 2.0 ports supporting HDCP 2.2
- Needs to have at least 2 component inputs, preferably 3
- Needs to support Analog to Digital upscaling for component to HDMI.
- Needs to include room correction software(Audyssey or similar)
- Should support HDMI ARC
- Have a large number of total inputs. I have 11 devices connected currently so having a large number of inputs that can all be assigned is a big priority for me.
I am ready to buy now but don't have to buy immediately. I know many of the HDCP 2.2 receivers are launching in the next couple of months.
Your advice and guidance is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by dalto; 07-09-2015 at 02:58 PM.