UE22 Error Master Thread-Pioneer, are you listening? - Page 57 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 534Likes

post #1681 of 1805 Old 05-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzattack View Post
The only fix is replacing the DSP chip. But other myself I don't know of anyone offering the service, and I'm about to run out of chips, and they no longer seem available
In my case that would be the "D810K013DZKB4" ? I found some on aliexpress. Nothing on ebay and it is $40. Where are you based?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1805 Old 05-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to zzattack
Netherlands. That one remaining seller doesn't have stock anymore.
post #1683 of 1805 Old 05-06-2019, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Sent PM

Resistance is not futile.
We refuse to be assimilated.
-rjp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1684 of 1805 Old 05-06-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
zzattack,

I couldn't find your e-mail and I don't have skype. My PM has my e-mail address, could you please contact me that way ?

Thank you.

-rjp
post #1685 of 1805 Old 05-09-2019, 12:22 PM

Hello everyone.

I can confirm that Onkyo/Pioneer is still fixing the UE22 issue for free. I will report back when my unit is returned.

From Onkyo/Pioneer:

Hello

Your unit has been scheduled for a one-time free service repair for the UE22 error message.

Your work order number is R*****. A box and label will be sent to you, please allow 3-5 business days for delivery. We will service the unit for the loss of audio(UE22) issue, and then send it back to you.

Your unit will be going:

Panurgy OEM
701 Ford Road
Rockaway, NJ 07866
973-625-4056

From Panurgy:

Hello ROBERT,
We've processed your return and attached the return shipping label to this email.
Returns are simple. Just follow these steps:
  1. Refer to the packing and shipping instruction sheet provided in the box sent to you. Be sure to cover the old shipping label with the one provided to you.
  2. Take the package to one of the shipping carrier's drop-off locations, or schedule a pick-up.
Regards,
PanurgyOEM
[email protected]
Edllguy likes this.

-rjp
post #1686 of 1805 Old 05-10-2019, 02:03 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Can you confirm the exact chip number I need to get?

Pioneer receiver model/number: VSX-921-K
Build date: October 2011
Purchase date: 2011-12-26
UE22 Error: March 2019

From what I have understood it is,

D810K013DZKB4.

But I also find,
D810K013BZKB4

Will both work ? Any other?
post #1687 of 1805 Old 05-10-2019, 02:07 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to zzattack
Both will work but the 'B' version will fail again in some years. Chips ending in 4, 400 or 456 are all compatible.
post #1688 of 1805 Old 05-11-2019, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZ View Post
Hello everyone.

I can confirm that Onkyo/Pioneer is still fixing the UE22 issue for free. I will report back when my unit is returned.

From Onkyo/Pioneer:

Hello

Your unit has been scheduled for a one-time free service repair for the UE22 error message.

Your work order number is R*****. A box and label will be sent to you, please allow 3-5 business days for delivery. We will service the unit for the loss of audio(UE22) issue, and then send it back to you.

Your unit will be going:

Panurgy OEM
701 Ford Road
Rockaway, NJ 07866
973-625-4056

From Panurgy:

Hello ROBERT,
We've processed your return and attached the return shipping label to this email.
Returns are simple. Just follow these steps:
  1. Refer to the packing and shipping instruction sheet provided in the box sent to you. Be sure to cover the old shipping label with the one provided to you.
  2. Take the package to one of the shipping carrier's drop-off locations, or schedule a pick-up.
Regards,
PanurgyOEM
[email protected]

Great news! Please keep us updated. What is your model number if you don't mind sharing?

Ambassador for Toronto
post #1689 of 1805 Old 05-13-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
Great news! Please keep us updated. What is your model number if you don't mind sharing?

Elite VSX-60.

I will post updates.

-rjp
post #1690 of 1805 Old 05-14-2019, 05:43 PM

Received shipping box today. Packing material supplied. Ready for FedEx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7732.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	2566876   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7733.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	2566878   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7735.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	2566880  
Edllguy likes this.

-rjp
post #1691 of 1805 Old 05-15-2019, 01:17 PM

Liked: 10
Angry Lucky You

Quote:
I called Pioneer today to see if they would accommodate me on my VSX-1021K. Other then a useless trade-in offer they refused to help me. They say they no longer have parts to fix the UE22 problem. You must have been the last person to get a free repair. I'm done with Pioneer....

Frustrated in Big Stone Gap Virginia
Mark
post #1692 of 1805 Old 05-15-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCooperstein View Post
I called Pioneer today to see if they would accommodate me on my VSX-1021K. Other then a useless trade-in offer they refused to help me. They say they no longer have parts to fix the UE22 problem. You must have been the last person to get a free repair. I'm done with Pioneer....

Frustrated in Big Stone Gap Virginia
Mark

When I called them they gave me the same song and dance too, said there was no fix, offered me a discount, blah, blah blah. I then read this forum carefully and followed the intstructions on the 1st post. Follow Step 1, 2, & 3 towards the bottom of the 1st post. That's all I did.

Actually I didn't even do step one. I just emailed them with the pictures. I couldn't find the receipt either. I got an email back with instructions in 2 days.
Good Luck !!

By the way, thanks Edllguy for the instructions.
Edllguy likes this.

-rjp
post #1693 of 1805 Old 05-16-2019, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
that's my video :P The video has fixed a few amps..

Hey Dashpuppy, can you reup that vid again? It's not working now.

I've got a VSX-922 with the same prob (UE22 a while back, now no sound). I'm keen to buy a replacement IC (D808K013DPTP400) and swap it.

Did your swap solve the problem?
post #1694 of 1805 Old 05-17-2019, 02:44 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
When I called them they gave me the same song and dance too, said there was no fix, offered me a discount, blah, blah blah. I then read this forum carefully and followed the intstructions on the 1st post. Follow Step 1, 2, & 3 towards the bottom of the 1st post. That's all I did.

Actually I didn't even do step one. I just emailed them with the pictures. I couldn't find the receipt either. I got an email back with instructions in 2 days.
Good Luck !!

By the way, thanks Edllguy for the instructions.
For one more datapoint that the repair program is active: I have (mostly) followed the the instructions and I have an empty shipping box on the way to me with a tracking number, and an email with shipping label to attach when I pack the box.

The one difference is I contacted them first by online chat. They said they have a program in place for the UE22 error, gave me the "parts" email and said to email my contact info and receiver info by email. I had 1st email response within 24 hours asking for more info, and within 2 days Panurgy had the shipping box on its way.

My receiver is an SC-1522-K built in 2012.

The program is definitely still alive, but I can imagine that they are out of replacement boards for some models. They probably just shipped all their remaining spare parts/retains to Panurgy and are having them administer the logistics and repairs.
Edllguy likes this.
post #1695 of 1805 Old 05-18-2019, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

^^^Thanks everyone for the updates.

One pattern I see is that if you follow the directions exactly as stated in post number 1 you will get better results. Of course while parts last for your model.

However, if you cold call Pioneer or Onkyo, you get the wrong support level and it's highly likely you will be told the program is no longer available or parts are no longer available.

That is the pattern that I see from the above posts. Please follow the directions carefully to ensure better results.

All the best.
lateott likes this.

Ambassador for Toronto

Last edited by Edllguy; 05-18-2019 at 08:41 PM.
post #1696 of 1805 Old 05-18-2019, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Calling out for help from all the electronics engineers/people out there who have successfully replaced the DSP chips!! Really need some help.

About 3 years ago, I shelved my Pioneer SC-LX85 receiver due to the UE22 Error and no having sound. I also ended up losing my HDMI inputs, whereby
my device will recognise that it's connected to the SC-LX85, but the receiver does not light up the blue "HDMI" lamp. I had assumed this was also an ill effect of the bad TI chips and that replacing them would solve all my problems...not so fast.

Only recently, I was able to obtain the revised "D" version of the TI DSP chips and I have replaced the old chips with them. I ran the software version check to see if I was getting any "***" errors from the DSP's but all version numbers have showed up correctly so I thought I was out of the woods and everything would work.
Sadly, even though the CPU is talking to the DSP's and BridgeCo just fine, I am not getting anything from the HDMI inputs. No blue light from the front panel, or speaker icons on the Fluorescent Display either. The strange thing is that if I hook up my PC as an input via HDMI, the computer can see the SC-LX85 as a display and audio device, implying there is some kind of successful handshake between the two devices, but the receiver fails to display anything through either of the two HDMI OUTs

The On Screen Display/Menu on my TV/Monitor works just fine and the optical connections work fine which kind of tells me the HDMI transmitter chips are working fine (SII9136CT) - I can send a PCM/DTS/DD signal thru optical and I get sound from the receiver! Does this confirm that the replacement chips are doing their thing?

As we know on the SC-LX85 there are two identical DSP's. It's been said that one chip does the Standard Definition decoding and the other does High Definition decoding. Is this 100% confirmed? What happens if one chip works and the other doesn't? I played around a little with this and removed the primary DSP (IC9002) all together and powered on the unit. I can confirm that the asterisks "***" appear when trying to read the firmware version for the DSP section and that I cannot process any audio from the optical inputs, no PCM, DD or DTS. I haven't tried this with the second chip but could a badly soldered chip affect the HDMI inputs from establishing a connection? Has anyone experienced this with with a bad reball/reflow?

I know that the units "Auto" selector function works, as on the VFD there is a small illuminated box that switches between "Digital, HDMI and Analog" depending on what has been connected to the input. When I connect my PC up, this box automatically jumps from Analog to HDMI.

TLDR: I'm out of ideas as to why my receivers HDMI inputs are not working. The unit can process DTS and DD via optical in, but absolutely no sound or video from the HDMI inputs - No blue HDMI light. OSD/HMG works. Do you think I have not soldered one of the DSP's on properly or is there another underlying issue. If you think there is an underlying issue, any ideas? P****d off that Pioneer isn't helping anyone out in the UK...!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	img3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	2568468   Click image for larger version

Name:	img2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	2568470   Click image for larger version

Name:	img1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	2568472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 03.16.26.png
Views:	45
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	2568478  

Pioneer Kuro KRP-500A (voltage tweaked)
Pioneer SC-LX85
B&W CM9 (bi-amped), CMC2 (bi-amped), KEF Q35.2 (rears), B&W DB1
HTPC > Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz W/C, ASUS P5Q PRO, 8GB Corsair XMS2, AMD HD6970 W/C, OCZ 60GB SSD, 160GB WD Blue HDD, Pinnacle 7010ix, Corsair TX850W, Pioneer BDC-202BK, Zalman HD160+

Last edited by randomrat; 05-19-2019 at 04:54 AM.
post #1697 of 1805 Old 05-20-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:

Received update from FedEx that Panurgy received my unit this morning.

From Panurgy:

Good Morning

Please be advised that your unit has been received into our facility as Repair ID # ******.
Model: VSX-60
Serial: ************
RMA: *******
Condition: GOOD

Thank you,
PanurgyOEM
Customer Service
PanurgyOEM | 701 Ford Road | Rockaway, NJ | 07866
t.973.625.4056 | f.973.625.9489
http://www.panurgyoem.com
Edllguy likes this.

-rjp

Last edited by SuperZ; 05-21-2019 at 10:12 AM.
post #1698 of 1805 Old 05-20-2019, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
We just got this error 2 days ago!

I am thankful for this thread, we have had our sc-65 since 2012 and have had no issues until this weekend and it was the UE22 code. I hope I can still get in on the repair deal. I went to BB this morning and they were able to pull up the receipt form back then. Fingers crossed and thanks for the info!
post #1699 of 1805 Old 05-20-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Bait Bill View Post
I am thankful for this thread, we have had our sc-65 since 2012 and have had no issues until this weekend and it was the UE22 code. I hope I can still get in on the repair deal. I went to BB this morning and they were able to pull up the receipt form back then. Fingers crossed and thanks for the info!

Just follow the directions on the first post, hopefully you'll be good to go.

Keep us informed.
Edllguy likes this.

-rjp
post #1700 of 1805 Old 05-20-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomrat View Post
Calling out for help from all the electronics engineers/people out there who have successfully replaced the DSP chips!! Really need some help.

About 3 years ago, I shelved my Pioneer SC-LX85 receiver due to the UE22 Error and no having sound. I also ended up losing my HDMI inputs, whereby
my device will recognise that it's connected to the SC-LX85, but the receiver does not light up the blue "HDMI" lamp. I had assumed this was also an ill effect of the bad TI chips and that replacing them would solve all my problems...not so fast.

Only recently, I was able to obtain the revised "D" version of the TI DSP chips and I have replaced the old chips with them. I ran the software version check to see if I was getting any "***" errors from the DSP's but all version numbers have showed up correctly so I thought I was out of the woods and everything would work.
Sadly, even though the CPU is talking to the DSP's and BridgeCo just fine, I am not getting anything from the HDMI inputs. No blue light from the front panel, or speaker icons on the Fluorescent Display either. The strange thing is that if I hook up my PC as an input via HDMI, the computer can see the SC-LX85 as a display and audio device, implying there is some kind of successful handshake between the two devices, but the receiver fails to display anything through either of the two HDMI OUTs

The On Screen Display/Menu on my TV/Monitor works just fine and the optical connections work fine which kind of tells me the HDMI transmitter chips are working fine (SII9136CT) - I can send a PCM/DTS/DD signal thru optical and I get sound from the receiver! Does this confirm that the replacement chips are doing their thing?

As we know on the SC-LX85 there are two identical DSP's. It's been said that one chip does the Standard Definition decoding and the other does High Definition decoding. Is this 100% confirmed? What happens if one chip works and the other doesn't? I played around a little with this and removed the primary DSP (IC9002) all together and powered on the unit. I can confirm that the asterisks "***" appear when trying to read the firmware version for the DSP section and that I cannot process any audio from the optical inputs, no PCM, DD or DTS. I haven't tried this with the second chip but could a badly soldered chip affect the HDMI inputs from establishing a connection? Has anyone experienced this with with a bad reball/reflow?

I know that the units "Auto" selector function works, as on the VFD there is a small illuminated box that switches between "Digital, HDMI and Analog" depending on what has been connected to the input. When I connect my PC up, this box automatically jumps from Analog to HDMI.

TLDR: I'm out of ideas as to why my receivers HDMI inputs are not working. The unit can process DTS and DD via optical in, but absolutely no sound or video from the HDMI inputs - No blue HDMI light. OSD/HMG works. Do you think I have not soldered one of the DSP's on properly or is there another underlying issue. If you think there is an underlying issue, any ideas? P****d off that Pioneer isn't helping anyone out in the UK...!

Good to see someone else attempting a component-level fix. Good luck. I can't help with your situation sorry, but I'm waiting on a replacement DSP chip (D808K013DPTP400) for my VSX-922 to arrive. It only has 1 chip, and is 170-odd pins around the edge + 1 GND pad in centre. Hoping it's a relatively straight-forward swap (heatgun, flux, soldering iron, patience), and it fixes the problem.

Getting chip from aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...3a867536EPyptQ), and unsure if I need to program it, or if it comes pre-programmed.

Anyone else done this? Am I being naive thinking it will fix the problem?
post #1701 of 1805 Old 05-21-2019, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

^^^ If the DSP firmware is not corrupted and chip swap is done correctly it should work...however this is where my knowledge is limited in the self repair of affected units. Just going by the previous knowledge posted in this thread.

Let us know what happens.

All the best.

Ambassador for Toronto
post #1702 of 1805 Old 05-21-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoutts View Post
Good to see someone else attempting a component-level fix. Good luck. I can't help with your situation sorry, but I'm waiting on a replacement DSP chip (D808K013DPTP400) for my VSX-922 to arrive. It only has 1 chip, and is 170-odd pins around the edge + 1 GND pad in centre. Hoping it's a relatively straight-forward swap (heatgun, flux, soldering iron, patience), and it fixes the problem.

Getting chip from aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...3a867536EPyptQ), and unsure if I need to program it, or if it comes pre-programmed.

Anyone else done this? Am I being naive thinking it will fix the problem?
Mate, whatever you do when it's time for you to perform the repair - make yourself a cup of tea or a relaxing drink, be as chilled as you can and absolutely under no circumstances rush of panic if something doesn't go quite so right. You'll have an easier job if the DSP is a QFN which yours seems to be. Don't cheap out on the flux too, if you can spend a few extra pounds/dollars on some Amtech tacky flux, or anything that doesn't burn too quick, you'll be fine. Also some isopropyl alcohol to clean the pads will do you lots of favours to promote a solid bond between the chip and the pads.

Oh yeah and shield the caps from the heat! Use kapton tape/foil around the chip and caps. I'm really hoping this is where I have gone wrong otherwise I'm absolutely clueless as to why my unit has issues. I've purchased an ESR meter to test the resistance of the caps. Too much heat will damage the caps, they may not show signs of failure, but the ESR can definitely increase and cause issues. I've had similar problems in the past with ageing caps and their ESR being high enough to cause problems - no visual signs of damage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck and keep us posted

Pioneer SC-LX85
HTPC > Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz W/C, ASUS P5Q PRO, 8GB Corsair XMS2, AMD HD6970 W/C, OCZ 60GB SSD, 160GB WD Blue HDD, Pinnacle 7010ix, Corsair TX850W, Pioneer BDC-202BK, Zalman HD160+
post #1703 of 1805 Old 05-21-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Mate, whatever you do when it's time for you to perform the repair - make yourself a cup of tea or a relaxing drink, be as chilled as you can and absolutely under no circumstances rush of panic if something doesn't go quite so right. You'll have an easier job if the DSP is a QFN which yours seems to be. Don't cheap out on the flux too, if you can spend a few extra pounds/dollars on some Amtech tacky flux, or anything that doesn't burn too quick, you'll be fine. Also some isopropyl alcohol to clean the pads will do you lots of favours to promote a solid bond between the chip and the pads.

Oh yeah and shield the caps from the heat! Use kapton tape/foil around the chip and caps. I'm really hoping this is where I have gone wrong otherwise I'm absolutely clueless as to why my unit has issues. I've purchased an ESR meter to test the resistance of the caps. Too much heat will damage the caps, they may not show signs of failure, but the ESR can definitely increase and cause issues. I've had similar problems in the past with ageing caps and their ESR being high enough to cause problems - no visual signs of damage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck and keep us posted

Cheers mate.

I hope I haven't ordered a QFN chip... the one I need definitely has legs... 176 of the buggers, plus a centre ground pad.

Yes, kapton and foil were part of the plan to shield neighbouring comps while removing the old chip. Then braid and IPA to clean pads, then flux and drag-soldering to solder new chip. I've never done this before though (done lots of other soldering), so hope like hell I don't get a bridge... those legs are tiny. Not sure how I'll solder the centre ground pad... maybe just with heatgun before soldering legs?

Good luck with your fix, hope you get it sorted. The guys over on www.diyaudio.com might be able to help... heaps of electronics nerds there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	2569906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	2569908  

Last edited by ccoutts; 05-21-2019 at 04:42 PM.
post #1704 of 1805 Old 05-21-2019, 04:38 PM

Just wanted to make a separate post to share some random knowledge I gathered when playing around with my SC-LX85

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you can check the software version by holding "tune(up)" and the power button when on standby.
  • The BridgeCo firmware version may show three *** instead of the number. Give your unit 30secs-1min to show this number. This is okay
  • The DSP firmware version should show up in a matter of seconds. If it doesn't, you probably have a problem.

Removing the DSP EEPROM chip
Removing this chip will give you *** for DSP. I think I waited a while and the version did not appear at all. No audio from optical.

Faulty primary DSP chip and working secondary chip
Removing the primary chip gave me *** for DSP. If you wait long enough the firmware version may appear!!! This is not a sign of your DSP working. If there is a hang you have a problem.

When trying to play audio I did NOT experience a UE22, however I had NO sound and I could not decode PCM/DTS/DD via optical. I could not test HDMI functions as I have other issues.

Working primary DSP chip and faulty secondary
Removing the secondary chip gave me three ***. If you wait long enough the firmware version may appear!!! This is not a sign of your DSP working. If there is a hang you have a problem.
***This is what caused me to have a UE22 error appear on my screen!*** photo attached showing evidence

Faulty primary DSP chip and faulty secondary
Annoyingly I didn't test this
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190519_143608.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	2569900  

Pioneer SC-LX85
post #1705 of 1805 Old 05-21-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoutts View Post
Cheers mate.

I hope I haven't ordered a QFN chip... the one I need definitely has legs... 176 of the buggers, plus a centre ground pad.

Yes, kapton and foil were part of the plan to shield neighbouring comps while removing the old chip. Then braid and IPA to clean pads, then flux and drag-soldering to solder new chip. I've never done this before though (done lots of other soldering), so hope like hell I don't get a bridge... those legs are tiny. Not sure how I'll solder the centre ground pad... maybe just with heatgun before soldering legs?

Good luck with your fix, hope you get it sorted. The guys over on www.diyaudio.com might be able to help... heaps of electronics nerds there.
Ah sorry I misread your post. Thought you said "pads" round the edge of the chip not "pins", doh!

Yeah, remove all solder from all the pads including the centre, very gentle with the braid and iron as to not delaminate anything. The ground pad might be an effort but you can preheat the board with the hot air gun to 100C-150C and then take an iron onto it with braid.

Then get that centre pad nailed first with hot air before hand soldering the legs. Or if you want use the hot air and flux to suck the chip into place without any hand soldering. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

Thanks for the point towards diyaudio, I will certainly go crying to them. Feels annoying I've gone through the pain of soldering two BGA chips thinking it would solve everything, but life isn't that nice to me

Pioneer SC-LX85
post #1706 of 1805 Old 05-21-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Ah sorry I misread your post. Thought you said "pads" round the edge of the chip not "pins", doh!

Yeah, remove all solder from all the pads including the centre, very gentle with the braid and iron as to not delaminate anything. The ground pad might be an effort but you can preheat the board with the hot air gun to 100C-150C and then take an iron onto it with braid.

Then get that centre pad nailed first with hot air before hand soldering the legs. Or if you want use the hot air and flux to suck the chip into place without any hand soldering. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

Thanks for the point towards diyaudio, I will certainly go crying to them. Feels annoying I've gone through the pain of soldering two BGA chips thinking it would solve everything, but life isn't that nice to me

Thanks for the tips!

Yeah, I'm wondering that with mine too... go to all of the effort to swap chips, and find something else is stuffed. Still, worth a try with a $1000 amp.
post #1707 of 1805 Old 05-21-2019, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
My SC-1222-K model receiver started flashing UE22 around mid-April 2019. Starting searching the net and found this thread. Followed 1,2,3 on bottom of first post. Initially Onkyo/Pioneer offered a trade-in, which was going to cost $940 (~40% off List Price). I inquired about the availability of a repair from PanurgyOEM. In their response email, they stated the repair program ended several months ago, but after talking to his supervisor there is still an HDMI board available to complete the repair. I accepted the repair and I'm waiting for the shipping box at this point. They did state the repair is only warrantied for 90 days and if any other issues are found with the receiver after replacing the HDMI board, those repairs will be on my dime.

I'll keep this updated, but wanted to say thank you for the info from Edllguy in post #1 , and all of those who paved the way for this repair. It's also nice that Onkyo/Pioneer are doing what they can to repair these old receivers.
Edllguy and SuperZ like this.
post #1708 of 1805 Old 05-22-2019, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

And then it happened to me too. Has anyone in Europe had success with getting a repair following the procedure in post #1 ?

My LX56 is failing. It has 2x the "C" chip, ( D808K013CPTP4 ).

I don't know what to do, because the first post says USA/Canada only. It does not seem fair that Pioneer/Onkyo gets away with this. I got so mad finding about this flaw, and that Pioneer/Onkyo does not fix their fault for all of us. Smells like "planned obsolescence" all the way.

Any tips for a European citizen?
post #1709 of 1805 Old 05-22-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalom View Post
Hi

And then it happened to me too. Has anyone in Europe had success with getting a repair following the procedure in post #1 ?

My LX56 is failing. It has 2x the "C" chip, ( D808K013CPTP4 ).

I don't know what to do, because the first post says USA/Canada only. It does not seem fair that Pioneer/Onkyo gets away with this. I got so mad finding about this flaw, and that Pioneer/Onkyo does not fix their fault for all of us. Smells like "planned obsolescence" all the way.

Any tips for a European citizen?

"planned obsolescence"? I don't reckon. Engineers make mistakes. I work in the electronic design industry, and occasionally these things happen... you design a circuit then find out years later the component you chose had a design flaw that noone knew about, including the designer/manufacturer of the component. Things ain't simple these days. In this case Texas Instruments discovered the fault, issued a Product Withdrawal Notification (http://media.digikey.com/PDF/PCNs/Te...114000_Obs.pdf) and Pioneer/Onkyo made the decision to stand behind their product and try to fix as many as they feasibly could. That's pretty damn good of them I reckon. Bear in mind these units are 7-8 years old now, which for electronics these days is actually pretty old.

I'm in New Zealand, where heaps have been sold, and we don't get a repair offer either. Hence why I'm trying to fix it myself.
Edllguy likes this.
post #1710 of 1805 Old 05-22-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Received update from FedEx that Panurgy received my unit this morning.

From Panurgy:

Good Morning

Please be advised that your unit has been received into our facility as Repair ID # ******.
Model: VSX-60
Serial: ************
RMA: *******
Condition: GOOD

Thank you,
PanurgyOEM
Customer Service
PanurgyOEM | 701 Ford Road | Rockaway, NJ | 07866
t.973.625.4056 | f.973.625.9489
http://www.panurgyoem.com

Received tracking information from FedEx that my receiver was picked up from Panurgy today for delivery to me next week.
Edllguy likes this.

-rjp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page