UE22 Error Master Thread-Pioneer, are you listening? - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 527Likes

post #1771 of 1779 Old 08-01-2019, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marski69 View Post
Thank GOD you live!
Can i contact u without PM?
Or u contact me?
I assume that ur from the Netherlands?
I didn't see the Skype.
Try to Skype texst u after pickup my toddler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1779 Old 08-10-2019, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
My May 2012 VSX-51 started displaying the UE22 error 2 days ago (audio still okay, though I did notice several brief audio and video "stutter" while streaming a Netflix show the night before -- but not sure that is related).

I followed step 1 in Post 1 (Contact Onkyo Support) and received a reply 15 minutes later, stating that my model was elligible for a discounted replacement. (SO YES EVIDENTLY THE REPLACEMENT PROGRAM IS STILL ACTIVE)

====Quote====

Your unit is one of those that can be potentially affected by the UE 22 issue. Please respond to this email and include the following information and items:

Model#-
Serial#-
Full Name-
Complete Shipping Address-
Phone #-

A picture of the front and back of the unit, the front should clearly show the model# and the back MUST clearly show the serial#.

We can offer you a trade in option; these are the models I would suggest for you:

VSX-LX104  -  $299.40

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...vers/VSX-LX104

VSX-LX304  -  $479.40

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...vers/VSX-LX304

Once you have chosen a model we will send you a form to complete, sign and mail back to us. Please note that these prices include standard shipping but depending on your state, you may be charged sales tax

===End quote===

I responded right away, choosing the LX104 (which I considered a nice upgrade to the VSX-51).

I received the form, printed, signed, attached serial# tag, and mailed it in (scanned and emailed was not accepted).

I await the call for my cc# next week, and following that, my replacement unit. Stay tuned!

In my case, I consider $300 for a substantial upgrade to a 2019 unit retailing for $500 for my 2012/$400 unit that worked fine for 7 1/2 years a good deal and a reasonable resolution by Onkyo/Pioneer.

Many thanks to thread moderator for clear and updated resolution instructions and to all posters for sharing your experience.
Edllguy likes this.
post #1773 of 1779 Old 08-10-2019, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Updating my above post with requested info.

======
Pioneer receiver model/number: VSX-51
Build date (MFD: month & year): April 2011
Purchase date: May 2012
UE22 Error display date: 8/8/19

Receiver positioning/placement statement: Sliding shelf in an enclosed cabinet with plenty of side, rear, and top room for air circulation and no other components sharing the area.

Indicate if your Pioneer receiver saw low, medium, or high usage in your set up: Med/High usage -- 6-8 hours a day for 4 years; last 3 1/2 years used only 5 months a year (Winter in Florida)

Description of your experience with the UE22 error and the events that led up to your Pioneer receiver eventually failing: Started flashing UE22 2 days ago but so far no sign of affecting the audio.
Edllguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1774 of 1779 Old 08-15-2019, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marski69 View Post
I didn't see the Skype.
Try to Skype texst u after pickup my toddler.
Hello from Romania. I have a defective Pioneer SC LX86. Now it displays no UE22 error message and outputs no sound anymore. I've replaced the two DSP IC's with de "D" generation ones without any improvement. Can somebody help me? I can send the HDMI board for testing and repairing if someone is interested. I am new on this forum and cannot send PM's so please contact me if you want to help me. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CHIP.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	2603208  
post #1775 of 1779 Old 08-15-2019, 09:13 AM

zzattack, can you help me? Anyone can? If yes I am expecting PM's from you. Thank you.
post #1776 of 1779 Old 08-15-2019, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabi Udrea View Post
Hello from Romania. I have a defective Pioneer SC LX86. Now it displays no UE22 error message and outputs no sound anymore. I've replaced the two DSP IC's with de "D" generation ones without any improvement. Can somebody help me? I can send the HDMI board for testing and repairing if someone is interested. I am new on this forum and cannot send PM's so please contact me if you want to help me. Thank you.

I am attempting the same fix Gabi Udrea, on my VSX-922. IC still in transit. I'm curious, did you re-program the firmware?
post #1777 of 1779 Old 08-16-2019, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoutts View Post
I am attempting the same fix Gabi Udrea, on my VSX-922. IC still in transit. I'm curious, did you re-program the firmware?
I've updated the firmware when it was still working. My current software version is 1-214-084-513-164, I think that is the latest version. I can hear no sound (from digital or analog sources) from my speakers, also no speaker matrix is shown on the unit display.
post #1778 of 1779 Old Today, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabi Udrea View Post
I've updated the firmware when it was still working. My current software version is 1-214-084-513-164, I think that is the latest version. I can hear no sound (from digital or analog sources) from my speakers, also no speaker matrix is shown on the unit display.

Did you do the firmware update after your unit already displayed UE22 previously (with the previous chips)?

If so that could be the issue. You would need the DSP firmware reprogrammed if I'm correct based on previous posts on this thread.

Ambassador for Toronto

Last edited by Edllguy; Today at 08:55 AM.
post #1779 of 1779 Old Today, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
Did you do the firmware update after your unit already displayed UE22 previously (with the previous chips)?

If so that could be the issue. You would need the DSP firmware reprogrammed if I'm correct based on previous posts on this thread.

Yes, I've upgraded the firmware with the previous chips. At that time the UE22 error was dissapearing after a while when the unit was in use. The time that the unit needed to pass over this error increased day by day from 5 minutes to over an hour. Then, the error disapeared but there was no sound anymore. Then I've replaced the 2 DTS chips with "D" generation ones but nothing has changed. Today I've found a service manual with a logical diagnostic scheme that says that for my case (no sound to the speakers, headphones and pre-outs with analog or digital signal) the problem is on the audio board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page