UE22 Error Master Thread-Pioneer, are you listening? - Page 65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 565Likes

post #1921 of 1923 Old 05-24-2020, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEITHK2581 View Post
Also recently started getting the dreaded UE22 on my SC-65. No help from Onkyo/Pioneer either. Was given the standard the program has ended email.

Does anyone know if it's possible to just swap the board with the DSP out for a replacement board? I'm good at soldering but have never done a chipset before or have the correct equipment do to so.

If there's a replacement board, does anyone know the part number(s)? Thanks!
I would suggest you contact Onkyo and see if they still have parts available for your model. However, you may have to pay full cost.

All the best.

Ambassador for Toronto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1923 Old 06-10-2020, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
updated Chipsets LX SC86

Hi Edllguy, I have a question, if you could answer it for me. I have this LX-SC86 model 2012 with the typical error UE22, I have bought both DSP upgraded chipsets D808K013DPTP4. Do you think, when I replace them for faulty D808K013CPTP4 chipsets on the original main digital board, should it work?

Thanks for answer.

R.
post #1923 of 1923 Old 06-10-2020, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADO HAJDU View Post
Hi Edllguy, I have a question, if you could answer it for me. I have this LX-SC86 model 2012 with the typical error UE22, I have bought both DSP upgraded chipsets D808K013DPTP4. Do you think, when I replace them for faulty D808K013CPTP4 chipsets on the original main digital board, should it work?

Thanks for answer.

R.
Hello Rado Hajdu,

From what has been shared on this thread by other affected owners is that most had difficulty getting it to work after replacing with updated chip-sets. They have also shared that they tried to upgrade the firmware with the defective chip-set (prior to newer chip-set replacement) which may have corrupted the firmware and made it difficult to work with updated chip-sets.

If you have not tried to update firmware and install the newer chip-set yourself and it works, then this is good news to share on this thread. However, you will have to decide if its worth taking that risk by following that path.

I rely on reports and feedback to get accurate information to post on this thread. Sometimes I need multiple reports to make sure of its accuracy and authenticity.

All the best. Let us know the outcome.

Thanks

Edit: I'm hoping that eventually the knowledge and skill set to reprogram the firmware on the updated newer DSP's will be shared and posted on this thread. I believe it will happen...

Ambassador for Toronto

Last edited by Edllguy; 06-10-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page