Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers - Page 125 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13227Likes

post #3721 of 8338 Old 08-23-2017, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundemon View Post
Damn. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on the 720 until I read all these posts about ppl having trouble with it!

Here's one post to counter at least one of the negative posts. I'm loving my 720. Had some early issues with network connectivity. No longer have those. Love the quick measure feature for sub placement and adjustment before running ARC. I've had no issues with connection to devices. Sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BGLeduc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 8338 Old 08-23-2017, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroalonso View Post
Here's one post to counter at least one of the negative posts. I'm loving my 720. Had some early issues with network connectivity. No longer have those. Love the quick measure feature for sub placement and adjustment before running ARC. I've had no issues with connection to devices. Sounds great.
There is no question the Anthems sound very very good, however they have had problems in the past and continue to have a problem with the newest firmware and Anthem support is shall I say in need of improvement. Having said that support is often 2nd place with a lot of manufactures today.

I have had 3 Anthems 710 720 and 1120 of the 3 the 710 was defective out of the box the 720 was good at loosing a wired connection when setting ARC and the 1120 was fine until Anthem added DV support this caused DD+ And Atmos via Audio return to be broken.

It is not for me to say if others should buy Anthem or try something else
post #3723 of 8338 Old 08-23-2017, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2652 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroalonso View Post

I could not have said it better myself. My experience matches this to a tee, and I am getting the best sound I have ever had in my room.

This is not to discount the issues that others have reported. I too would be ready to throw the thing into the dump if, after having spent upwards of $2k, I was unable to do a firmware update, or connect to my network, or run ARC.

But if you can slug it out through all that, you will be rewarded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3724 of 8338 Old 08-23-2017, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundemon View Post
Damn. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on the 720 until I read all these posts about ppl having trouble with it!
As someone that had an out-of-the-box issue with the 1120 and a hassle with Anthem getting things resolved, I am SUPER happy with it now. I just learned not to run firmware updates as soon as they come out. If it ain't broke...

So while I have mentioned issues, I also try to emphasize that I am super happy with the product and have never heard a better receiver in someone's home theater.

I've heard better at things like CEDIA where I experienced systems that run over $125,000 just for the audio processing, as well as better when people have dedicated amps, professional acoustical measurements and treatments, but those people spent a lot more than the $3500 list for the 1120 to get that sound.
BGLeduc likes this.
post #3725 of 8338 Old 08-23-2017, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post
What files are you using on the Oppo and apps on the Chromecast that send DV video? I'm thinking about getting both.
On the Chromecast I watched a couple of VUDU movies(Kong Skull Island and Fast 8) on the Oppo I watched Despicable ME's.

All worked fine and the DV logo lit up.

1) JVC RS540, Yamaha CX-A5100, Outlaw Audio 7700 & 7140, Wharfedale Jade 7's series speakers, RSL C34e(Atmos)
2) LG OLED65B6, Integra DRC-R1, Emotiva XPA9, Klipsch RP8000F, Klipsch RP404C, Klipsch RP500SA, Klipsch RP140D
post #3726 of 8338 Old 08-23-2017, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
Yamaha's are well liked for a reason, though if you want to do 7.1.4 it's not a one box solution.

I agree the Anthem MRX line chassis is pretty drab looking; but I understand it's helped with costs to have so many products based off he same design.
Check out the A-2070 and A3070...one box solution. So far I find the Yamaha so much easier to operate than the Anthem it's laughable. You have buttons that take you directly to what you want, instead of having to go to different menus.

From my point of view, Anthem spent their money on the classy, well built tripod and nice mike and skipped on the rest

As far as sound, I can't compare as the GolednEar Triton l/c/r arrived at the same time as the Yamaha. The old speakers are disconnected awaiting for my brother to come and get them. After reading how lousy their room correction YAPAO is, I was surprised that the present version made all the adjustments precisely and without fault.
The only exception was that it missed the distance to subwoofer #2 by a few feet.

Did I mention that my A-2070 is heavier than the 720? Still, I have respect for the Anthem and would probably consider a future version of the 720.
post #3727 of 8338 Old 08-23-2017, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughh View Post
Check out the A-2070 and A3070...one box solution. So far I find the Yamaha so much easier to operate than the Anthem it's laughable. You have buttons that take you directly to what you want, instead of having to go to different menus.

From my point of view, Anthem spent their money on the classy, well built tripod and nice mike and skipped on the rest

As far as sound, I can't compare as the GolednEar Triton l/c/r arrived at the same time as the Yamaha. The old speakers are disconnected awaiting for my brother to come and get them. After reading how lousy their room correction YAPAO is, I was surprised that the present version made all the adjustments precisely and without fault.
The only exception was that it missed the distance to subwoofer #2 by a few feet.

Did I mention that my A-2070 is heavier than the 720? Still, I have respect for the Anthem and would probably consider a future version of the 720.
As I understand it, the 3070 needs external amps if you want to run 7.1.4, whereas the 1120 does not. Not a one box solution.

Last edited by madhuski; 08-23-2017 at 03:26 PM.
post #3728 of 8338 Old 08-23-2017, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Happy MRX 520 owner here too....but I am not an "Anthem fanboy" either and would switch to another brand should one have a better room correction solution. My previous MRX 510 ran hot when idle, the fan would often turn on when driving a pair of PSB Image T6 speakers. I sent it in for service twice for other issues. I sold it for a big loss and tried out other solutions. Ultimately I tried a second go around with Anthem on the MRX 520 (basically a slightly souped up MRX 310).

Anthem definitely changed my electronic buying habits and I will no longer buy from a local dealer as many lack a basic return policy. I had a great experience from Crutchfield and their return policy was a good guarantee. So far, the MRX 520 has been fairly reliable with my older 1080p TV, and older Oppo 103. It definitely runs cooler! The main issue I had was the inability for it to detect a signal from either a coaxial or optical input. It was quickly fixed with a beta firmware update thankfully. It still works on the latest official firmware too.

Who knows, perhaps in a few years I'll eventually switch to "old school" stereo with a music streaming box, perhaps use Dirac, and a basic hard drive to play some of my favorite tunes. I've been a 5.1 guy (70% music / 30% movies) since the 90's and had gear for 10+ years that worked well and sold for a good amount when I decided to part with it. This stuff is just not made to last and is getting harder to sell as it becomes obsolete quickly. It is now the norm, not the exception for products to be released before they are fully ready....firmware updates will be added later. The audio hobby just isn't as fun as it used to be. Would I recommend an MRX 520 to someone? Yes! Overall, it sounds great and so far runs well. ARC (Anthem Room Correction) really is the defining feature of their product line.

Last edited by Speaker Robert; 08-23-2017 at 07:58 PM.
post #3729 of 8338 Old 08-23-2017, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
As I understand it, the 3070 needs external amps if you want to run 7.1.4, whereas the 1120 does not. Not a one box solution.
I was mainly comparing my A-2070 with my ex 720...
post #3730 of 8338 Old 08-24-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speaker Robert View Post
It is now the norm, not the exception for products to be released before they are fully ready....firmware updates will be added later. The audio hobby just isn't as fun as it used to be.
Sadly very true on both points
post #3731 of 8338 Old 08-24-2017, 02:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 727 Post(s)
Liked: 646
MRX-520 Setup Done and Cursory Review

Well thanks to crutchfield for the free two day shipping; the receiver arrived yesterday afternoon. Also thanks to crutchfield for not double boxing the receiver, as their policy states they do. Oh well, besides the box being a bit beat up, everything inside was fine.

I pulled out the Denon and hooked up the Anthem. I'd like to say the Anthem had more heft, but it didn't, the 3311ci has some heft as well. Build quality, no obvious notable differences. Simple hookup, two HDMI cables from my two Oppos, one optical from the TV, and FR/FL speaker wires for my 2.0 system. (Per my wife's requirement I can't run hdmi from the cable box to the receiver, she wants to simply watch tv when I'm not there without dealing with other 'boxes'.) Then I went through the manual set ups. I chose a split hdmi configuration from my oppo UHD player. Just seems more reliable that was with fewer handshake bugs, even though the 520 with fw update can now pass 4k and all it's current formats. I probably chose this as that is what I had to do with the older denon and I didn't feel like rerouting all my hdmi cables. Yes, it will be a hassle, if I need to get into the 520 menu, but with my simple setup, I don't see having to do that often anyway.

I then did a firmware update. My first USB drive, wouldn't work. I reformatted on my mac as MS-DOS, Guid Partition and copied the file over. The Anthem didn't find the file. I took another drive that I know wasn't formatted on a mac, and that worked, I'll save that stick for FW updates. My Oppos don't have those restrictions on usb drive formatting and they are very anti-mac as well, oh well.

I didn't have a lot of time, so I opted out of pulling out the mic stand, and mic and rebooting my MacBook to windows and doing a full calibration. I opted for the simple iPhone calibration using the internal mic. I ran a 50 ft ethernet cable I bought from monoprice just to do FW updates on the denon as I have no ethernet connection in the living room. I have a wireless bridge I could use, but opted out only needing ethernet for ARC. (The denon had some networking and airplay that I used the bridge for.) Calibration went fairly smooth although the Anthem app, had the irritating habit of quitting and randomly shutting down. I don't know if it didn't like a notification coming in in parallel, or an email coming in while in use, or if it just needs an update for a iPhone 7s+ and the current iOS version. Regardless, after a few random shutdowns of the app, it finally went all the way through. I had to do it twice as the graphic it shows for positions 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are not the same as the graphic it shows when it actually starts measurement. It may not matter, but I ran it through a second time memorizing the initial positions the app shows, using those. The iPhone app doesn't give you the option for full 10 positions like the formal windows app, I'll try that this weekend.

Then I fired up one of the Oppos. It happened to have a DVD-A of Diana Krall The Look of Love in the tray, which was burned from a HD Tracks 96/24 download of the album on a program, Burn for OSx. It blew me away. I knew my speakers (Salk Supercharged Songtowers) sounded good, even with the Denon, but I didn't think they'd sound that good. (Insert appropriate audiophile adjectives at this point.) I wish I had taken the time to listen to it before running the iPhone ARC app, I didn't, so I can't judge if the improvement in sound was from a better dac in the 520, better amps, or better room correction, or some combination all three, as i suspect. I know that Audyssey XT did ok when my speakers were Paradigm Studio 10 bookshelves, but it never seem to correctly handle the SCSTs. It corrects all the way out to 20 kHz, and would add 5 db in the upper range for the audyssey flat curve and didn't roll off anything for the audyssey curve,, something I didn't like. It also added some mid bass bloat. I suspect that Audyssey just doesn't handle the ribbon tweeter very well for whatever reason. The ARC won't have that problem, it does nothing past 5 khz. This weekend when I do the full blown app, I'll customize it and reject room correction at the cross over point of the ribbon, which I think is about 2.5-3 kHz. Both seemed to handle the low bass well though where I have some issues with room placement, and I don't have much flexibility with speaker position in this room and room treatments in my wife's living room are out of the question. One thing I noticed, and it was hard to tell because I was wearing ear protection headphones while running ARC, was that ARC seems to send test tones to both speakers at the same time? Audyssey sends to one at a time. In audyssey you get feedback that it's doing the left, then right speaker, with ARC, you don't just mic position. Does it send test tones simultaneously to both speakers?

Well anyway I listened to about half the album, it was fantastic sounding, controlled bass, without the mid bass bloat, upper registers without the artificial boosting. It sounded more articulate, detailed, less forward in treble, and warmer at the same time. I didn't have to listen but for a couple of minutes to notice a marked improvement. In fact, I cut it all off after about 5 songs. I had come home sick earlier in the day as we have some flu like bug going around work. Setting up the Anthem was a drain, I cut it off and went to bed. More to come....
madhuski likes this.

Last edited by glangford; 08-24-2017 at 02:22 AM.
post #3732 of 8338 Old 08-24-2017, 03:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
I was mainly comparing my A-2070 with my ex 720...

Yes, but you responding to my original where I was talking about my 1120 is a one box solution for 7.1.4 and the 3070 isn't

Quote:
Would your dealer swap in another 720 to make it's not the biz?

I've had the AVM 60 and now the 1120...no problems at all.

I really like the 1120 as a one box solution to do a 7.1.4
Quote:
I didn't pursue the swap for another one. After living with the Anthem since July I learned not to like it, therefore no more Anthem for me. I just had the Yamaha delivered and installed this morning. I's going to be easier and better on a daily basis.
I just got the Anthem in it's original box and will be sending it back today or not later than tomorrow.

The Yamaha does 7.1 "one box solution as well", it's cheaper, heavier and even kooks better than the Anthem. Glad you like the 1120 and here's hoping a happy marriage to it )

Then you doubled down when I clarified 7.1.4:

Quote:
Yamaha's are well liked for a reason, though if you want to do 7.1.4 it's not a one box solution.

I agree the Anthem MRX line chassis is pretty drab looking; but I understand it's helped with costs to have so many products based off he same design.
Quote:
Check out the A-2070 and A3070...one box solution..

Yamaha make nice products. Though again, if you're looking for a one box 7.1.4 - as I was - then you better look elsewhere.

Last edited by madhuski; 08-24-2017 at 03:06 AM.
post #3733 of 8338 Old 08-24-2017, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speaker Robert View Post
Happy MRX 520 owner here too....but I am not an "Anthem fanboy" either and would switch to another brand should one have a better room correction solution. My previous MRX 510 ran hot when idle, the fan would often turn on when driving a pair of PSB Image T6 speakers. I sent it in for service twice for other issues. I sold it for a big loss and tried out other solutions. Ultimately I tried a second go around with Anthem on the MRX 520 (basically a slightly souped up MRX 310).

Anthem definitely changed my electronic buying habits and I will no longer buy from a local dealer as many lack a basic return policy. I had a great experience from Crutchfield and their return policy was a good guarantee. So far, the MRX 520 has been fairly reliable with my older 1080p TV, and older Oppo 103. It definitely runs cooler! The main issue I had was the inability for it to detect a signal from either a coaxial or optical input. It was quickly fixed with a beta firmware update thankfully. It still works on the latest official firmware too.

Who knows, perhaps in a few years I'll eventually switch to "old school" stereo with a music streaming box, perhaps use Dirac, and a basic hard drive to play some of my favorite tunes. I've been a 5.1 guy (70% music / 30% movies) since the 90's and had gear for 10+ years that worked well and sold for a good amount when I decided to part with it. This stuff is just not made to last and is getting harder to sell as it becomes obsolete quickly. It is now the norm, not the exception for products to be released before they are fully ready....firmware updates will be added later. The audio hobby just isn't as fun as it used to be. Would I recommend an MRX 520 to someone? Yes! Overall, it sounds great and so far runs well. ARC (Anthem Room Correction) really is the defining feature of their product line.
FW is a necessary evil in todays world with digital connections and so many file format options. The only way to truly avoid it would be to get a class A integrated amp with nothing but analog connections. But somewhere your digital files will be played on a source that uses FW, unless all vinyl and tape, formats I don't care to start using again.

520 is a reasonable compromise though. Good room correction, and the ARC SW is external so it won't require FW updates, just an new program to download to your laptop. At least the 520 is fairly simple, not file streaming, bluetooth, or other things to worry about. It's about as simple as you can get in an AVR with good room correction and decent sound. That for me is the main attraction of the 520, simplicity and great sound.
post #3734 of 8338 Old 08-24-2017, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Madhuski - I apologize, I wasn't paying full attention as to the numbers, in this case 7-1-4.

I just looked it up and my Yamaha does: 9.2-channel with Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™ and CINEMA DSP HD³ (7.1.2-ch or 5.1.4-ch)
11.2-channel processing (up to 7.2.4-ch expandability with external 2-ch amplifier)
madhuski likes this.
post #3735 of 8338 Old 08-24-2017, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 2978 Post(s)
Liked: 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
One thing I noticed, and it was hard to tell because I was wearing ear protection headphones while running ARC, was that ARC seems to send test tones to both speakers at the same time?
It should be one at a time. If not, probe further.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #3736 of 8338 Old 08-24-2017, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
It should be one at a time. If not, probe further.
It is, Using the iPhone app you don't get any feedback what is going on. I did the microphone app with a laptop today, where you get feedback on what is happening

Last edited by glangford; 08-25-2017 at 01:20 AM.
post #3737 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello all!

I have just written this to the Anthem support. Has any of you had issues with the Anthem app not being able to "see" an Anthem MRX 720 for example? I am on the latest beta firmware which have solved my ARC issue.

"Hello Jamie

It seems like the ARC problem is no longer present in the latest beta firmware but now I have an issue with the app unable to "find" the receiver.

As you can see in the screenshots the app won't find the receiver even though it is shown in my router admin program under "Attached devices". The third screenshot shows that the receiver is shown in the Play-Fi app - from where you can control it.

So, why is it that the Anthem app won't find the receiver (which hasn't been an issue in earlier firmware releases)?"

post #3738 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 01:10 AM

Hi

I am on a beta f/w (.080) and I can see the anthem from the ARC programme running on a W7 pc no probs (the pc and the Anthem are both on a wired network)

Hope this info is of help
post #3739 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333444 View Post
Hi

I am on a beta f/w (.080) and I can see the anthem from the ARC programme running on a W7 pc no probs (the pc and the Anthem are both on a wired network)

I am also on .080, but both the Anthem control app and the Anthem ARC app (see screenshot) can't "see" the receiver (Anthem MRX 720). My receiver is wired. Sometimes the apps are able to locate the receiver but sometimes they won't (which wasn't an issue in earlier firmware releases).

post #3740 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 01:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

When walking through my problem on ARC yesterday the customer support guy had me check the network settings of the receiver. It should be on the default DHCP (auto). (It's the first option under 'Network/Remote' in the anthem menu.

I had a different problem; I could see the receiver. That is one of the things we walked through in trouble shooting.
post #3741 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:
When walking through my problem on ARC yesterday the customer support guy had me check the network settings of the receiver. It should be on the default DHCP (auto). (It's the first option under 'Network/Remote' in the anthem menu.

I had a different problem; I could see the receiver. That is one of the things we walked through in trouble shooting.
Oh dear looks like another case of fix one thing break another - this does remind me of Arcam and the AVR 600, but unlike that problem the f/w can be loaded by the user on Anthem kit, owners of the 600 had to return it to Arcam to load new f/w - not good, and the Anthem does allow older f/w to be loaded over newer that is good many other brands do not allow that
post #3742 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 01:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Setup (con't)

Did the full ARC with the anthem app running in windows with boot camp on a MacBook. No issues with windows or boot camp, but for some reason kept getting an error message 'unable to acquire a response 0x03' Maddening. Read several forum posts on the subject. After second call to customer support we finally found out the problem. Everything was working put to the point of no test tone coming out. The first guy was just going to send me an email of some things to check, the second guy zero'd in on the fact I was getting no test tone. We ran through a cal once, and he said did you have a banana plug come loose? I don't use bananas, but pulled out the receiver, and sure enough the LF speaker wire (I just insert bare wire) had come loose. I probably didn't tighten it down good enough the previous day and then when I pulled the receiver out to plug in the ethernet cable for calibration, it must has come loose. All went well then. I only ran a 5 position . That should be enough for a 2.0 calibration.

Sounds excellent, but it sounded excellent with the iPhone calibration as well. Listened again to some music great. My wife commented that it sounds 'very smooth'. She noticed an immediate improvement from having the Denon. Not that the Denon was bad, the anthem is just at another level.

I frequent the 2 channel forum a lot here at AVS a lot. Many down there are adamant that all amps sound the same. I'll never buy into that philosophy again. There is a noticeable difference in warmth and being smooth that just isn't all ARC.

I love this receiver!

Last edited by glangford; 08-25-2017 at 01:52 AM.
post #3743 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 01:41 AM

Quote:

DHCP is set to Auto (see screenshot). Is there other things I can do to make the Anthem apps see the receiver? Remember, the Play-Fi app IS able to discover/control the receiver.

post #3744 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 01:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porfyren View Post
DHCP is set to Auto (see screenshot). Is there other things I can do to make the Anthem apps see the receiver? Remember, the Play-Fi app IS able to discover/control the receiver.

None that I'm aware of. The second more helpful rep yesterday walked through all the steps of starting the cal and after confirming the app could see the receiver we stopped looking at reasons for not seeing it. The first customer service rep did mention many things, like it can depend where you app is, did it properly unzip, etc. He was going to send me an email of various things to look at, but didn't when I called again and the second guy fixed the problem.

If this is a problem in the beta firmware, can you install the previous, 079 I think is the number. It's the first thing I did when setting up my 520, was to download the latest official FW. I don't know what 080 was supposed to fix, but it must not affect the 520, I've run into no problems with my simple 2.0 setup.
post #3745 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 01:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

What was the ARC problem in earlier FW?
post #3746 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 01:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi

FWIW, I could see the Anthem running W10 home 64 bit, running on a MacBook with bootcamp. The anthem was wired (only option) and the MacBook as running wireless.
post #3747 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 02:01 AM

Quote:
What was the ARC problem in earlier FW?

ARC problem was sound stuttering when watching fx Netflix (from built in tv apps)... So if I downgrade I will probably have sound stuttering again. I will have to go all the way down to .067 where the stuttering wasn't present. This firmware upgrading/downgrading is getting a bit frustrating...

post #3748 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 02:25 AM

It's strange, I can turn my Anthem MRX 720 on from the Play-Fi app (and control it from the Play-fi app) - but not from the official Anthem control app and the Anthem ARC app (both of which can't "see" the receiver).

How can this be?
post #3749 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 02:52 AM

Quote:
It's strange, I can turn my Anthem MRX 720 on from the Play-Fi app (and control it from the Play-fi app) - but not from the official Anthem control app and the Anthem ARC app (both of which can't "see" the receiver).

How can this be?
Just to rule out other things causing the problem try .067 f/w if it works then at least you know it is a f/w bug for sure

In the release notes for .079 there is a note about upgrading the Anthem play-fi to help with network errors have you done this ?
post #3750 of 8338 Old 08-25-2017, 04:04 AM

Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers

Quote:
Just to rule out other things causing the problem try .067 f/w if it works then at least you know it is a f/w bug for sure

In the release notes for .079 there is a note about upgrading the Anthem play-fi to help with network errors have you done this ?

Yep, Play-Fi is updated and I have been on the .067 version for quite some time where I was able to control the receiver from the app. What I would like to know is why I no longer can communicate with the receiver from the official app (with the .080 version installed) when you can (when the Play-Fi app works perfectly)...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
24bit/192kHz , 24bit/96khz , Anthem , anthem mrx720 , anthem triad in-wall subwoofer , atmos , firetv , hi res audio , mrx 1120 mrx 720 mrx 520 , MRX720 , [email protected] , Xbox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page