Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13225Likes

post #3781 of 8329 Old 09-04-2017, 06:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2652 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
It is a known problem with Fate of the Furious. It was fixed in the latest firmware update "080" as it is known in the AVM 60 anyway.
It's not posted yet, is it? I assume that you can get it by calling or emailing tech support and asking for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 8329 Old 09-04-2017, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1841 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
It is a known problem with Fate of the Furious. It was fixed in the latest firmware update "080" as it is known in the AVM 60 anyway.
I will add it occurs on ALL my Dts:x discs...rest of my formats are fine...

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
125" 2.35 Stewart Cima Neve Tab Tensioned Electric
post #3783 of 8329 Old 09-04-2017, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 2977 Post(s)
Liked: 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
It's not posted yet, is it? I assume that you can get it by calling or emailing tech support and asking for it.
079 fixes it, too. That's what I am running. For some reason I thought 080 was already out. Sorry.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3784 of 8329 Old 09-04-2017, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 2977 Post(s)
Liked: 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
I will add it occurs on ALL my Dts:x discs...rest of my formats are fine...
Try 079. Let us know.
asharma likes this.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #3785 of 8329 Old 09-05-2017, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 5
So, I have installed my brand new Anthem 720 yesterday evening and spent half an hour with a few tests. Setup went flawlessly, wired home network was found with proper IP assigned, I updated my unit to 079 firmware (arrived with 039), installed, connected and run ARC - no problems as well. What can I say - this is the best sounding receiver I've ever heard Will run some proper testing today since it was late night yesterday after setting it up, but I'm 100% not disappointed in Anthem product!
nickbuol and Bleeding Edge like this.
post #3786 of 8329 Old 09-05-2017, 02:01 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAzZin View Post
So, I have installed my brand new Anthem 720 yesterday evening and spent half an hour with a few tests. Setup went flawlessly, wired home network was found with proper IP assigned, I updated my unit to 079 firmware (arrived with 039), installed, connected and run ARC - no problems as well. What can I say - this is the best sounding receiver I've ever heard Will run some proper testing today since it was late night yesterday after setting it up, but I'm 100% not disappointed in Anthem product!
Great a positive posting

Just a heads up .079 does not work well with DD+ or Atmos sent to the Anthem via HDMI audio return from a LG Tv app

Anthem know about it, the beta .080 looks like it solves that problem

Wherever possible wired is better than wireless whatever the make/model

I hope you find you continue to be pleased with your 720...have fun (that is what it is supposed to be)
Bleeding Edge likes this.
post #3787 of 8329 Old 09-05-2017, 02:26 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333444 View Post
Great a positive posting

Just a heads up .079 does not work well with DD+ or Atmos sent to the Anthem via HDMI audio return from a LG Tv app

Anthem know about it, the beta .080 looks like it solves that problem

Wherever possible wired is better than wireless whatever the make/model

I hope you find you continue to be pleased with your 720...have fun (that is what it is supposed to be)
I don't have any TV, just JVC 550 (7500) projector so I don't care about audio return Atmos is working fine, I'll test DTS:X today as well.
post #3788 of 8329 Old 09-05-2017, 02:50 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAzZin View Post
I don't have any TV, just JVC 550 (7500) projector so I don't care about audio return Atmos is working fine, I'll test DTS:X today as well.
Good for you It is only the HDMI audio return feature that has a problem with Atmos otherwise no probs
post #3789 of 8329 Old 09-05-2017, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
If you are decoding in the player then you'll get PCM. In order to get DTS, Atmos, DD, you have to set the player to bitstream so that the audio stream can be decoded in the receiver. Are you sure you didn't change the player from bitstream to decode in player?

Hey since you guys are opening this side track I got something bugging me that is very similar in a way.

With my HTPC going into my Anthem 1120 receiver I set it up as audio 7.1 so everything that is not a bitstream is send as multi PCM 4/3. but the problem is when the source of the audio is only stereo(spotify, youtube, an older pc game) the sound is still send as PCM 4/3 but only the left and right channel got sound in them. because of that the receiver dosen't know it is a stereo source and does not apply a surround mode to it.

The only solution I've got right now is to always have my windows Audio panel open and change the config from 7.1 to 2.0 audio, but is it quite anoying. I could probably write a batch file to handle it in a single click but still I wonder if anyone got a better solution?

-Lunnar
"Tempo is everything, perfection unattainable..."
post #3790 of 8329 Old 09-05-2017, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunnar View Post
Hey since you guys are opening this side track I got something bugging me that is very similar in a way.

With my HTPC going into my Anthem 1120 receiver I set it up as audio 7.1 so everything that is not a bitstream is send as multi PCM 4/3. but the problem is when the source of the audio is only stereo(spotify, youtube, an older pc game) the sound is still send as PCM 4/3 but only the left and right channel got sound in them. because of that the receiver dosen't know it is a stereo source and does not apply a surround mode to it.

The only solution I've got right now is to always have my windows Audio panel open and change the config from 7.1 to 2.0 audio, but is it quite anoying. I could probably write a batch file to handle it in a single click but still I wonder if anyone got a better solution?
I've been having a similar problem out of the blue for the past month or so as well. HTPC has pretty much everything set to bitstream, so when playing back movies (the primary reason for me to have my HTPC). Atmos and DTS:X show just fine, everything else is PCM 4/3 EXCEPT when running JRiver. It overrides Windows audio settings and handles bitstreaming internally so I get everything at its actual source... 2.0, 5.1, 7.1 DTS:MA, TrueHD, etc. Everything works perfect. Now when I use EmBy, which relies more on the Windows audio settings, and not that Windows 10 had their big update about 6 weeks ago that allows Dolby Atmos built in to Windows 10, things went to PCM 4/3.

So your situation is probably the same as mine. It is something happening within Windows. I so far haven't found a solution to force Windows 10 to bitstream. It worked before, but doesn't seem to work any more. It isn't an Anthem problem though which is why I stopped talking about it here, but when you posted this I wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.
post #3791 of 8329 Old 09-06-2017, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuol View Post
I've been having a similar problem out of the blue for the past month or so as well. HTPC has pretty much everything set to bitstream, so when playing back movies (the primary reason for me to have my HTPC). Atmos and DTS:X show just fine, everything else is PCM 4/3 EXCEPT when running JRiver. It overrides Windows audio settings and handles bitstreaming internally so I get everything at its actual source... 2.0, 5.1, 7.1 DTS:MA, TrueHD, etc. Everything works perfect. Now when I use EmBy, which relies more on the Windows audio settings, and not that Windows 10 had their big update about 6 weeks ago that allows Dolby Atmos built in to Windows 10, things went to PCM 4/3.

So your situation is probably the same as mine. It is something happening within Windows. I so far haven't found a solution to force Windows 10 to bitstream. It worked before, but doesn't seem to work any more. It isn't an Anthem problem though which is why I stopped talking about it here, but when you posted this I wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.

Yea, I'll try to dig around in some HTPC forum then if I ever found something, il will let you know

-Lunnar
"Tempo is everything, perfection unattainable..."
post #3792 of 8329 Old 09-06-2017, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunnar View Post

If you are bitstreaming audio from a media player (Kodi, Plex, BD player, etc), the number of channels you set in Windows is irrelevant and ignored, so you can leave it at Stereo for non-bitstreamed audio if you like (spotify, youtube, etc). However, if you are trying to enable both multichannel native audio (ie, games, netflix, etc) AND stereo native audio (spotify), then Windows (or mac for that matter) won't automatically reconfigure the audio signal -- the internal audio mixer doesn't really work that way (multitasking and other things make this complicated).
post #3793 of 8329 Old 09-07-2017, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1841 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
Try 079. Let us know.
Tested last night with 079, problem fixed, thanks for your help
Roger Dressler likes this.

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
125" 2.35 Stewart Cima Neve Tab Tensioned Electric
post #3794 of 8329 Old 09-07-2017, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Looking for comments on my ARC curves

First off, sorry for the long post. I'm just trying to include as much information that I deem may be relevant. I'm basically looking for any comments regarding my ARC report. Anything obvious and or any suggestions. Thanks.

Prior to running ARC, I used the Paradigm PBK on both subs.

I have had my 1120 for almost a year now. I have ran ARC a couple times and each time I try to Google and read more to try to understand as much as I can. I do not have any audio background so some of the stuff is hard to decipher.

Here's my 7.2.4 theater setup:

Anthem MRX 1120 (v1.3.079)
Sony VPL-HW40ES projector
Acoustically Transparent 135" Screen - Cirrus Stratus (CS-135SSFS178G2 FIII)

All Klipsch Speakers (Fronts, center, and 2 subs are behind the screen)
Front - Reference IV RF-82
Center - RC-62
Side & Rear Surround (x4) - RS42II Reference Surround
Atmos - CDT5800II In-ceiling speaker (x4)
Paradigm MONITOR 12” Active Subwoofer (x2)

Room size:
I do not have any kind of acoustic treatments to the room in front of or behind the screen. The back wall is gyproc. The floor is laminate but with a large shag rug on the floor that almost covers the whole area from the couch to the screen.
The room is "L" shaped with the theater portion being the vertical part of the "L". The total room is 30' long x 10' wide (the last 6' of the front of the room by the screen widens to 12'). The main listening position is 16' from the screen with a bar area behind. The ceiling is basically split down the middle due duct work so the ceiling height is 6' on the right and 7' on the left. Hand drawn pic inc. (not to scale)

Speaker Placement:
The distance from the screen to the back wall is 3'.
The subs are on the floor 16" behind the screen and 8" inside the fronts; the fronts are 10.5" behind the screen and 8' apart; the center is 10.5" behind the screen on a stand centered at 22" above the floor.
The fronts are toed in to aim at the main listening position. I'd like to have them further apart but can't due to room and screen size.

Here are my speaker distance measurements that I made before running ARC:
Sub 17
Fr Left 18
Center 17
Fr Right 18
Surround Right 5
Back Right 12
Back Left 13
Surround Left 5
Fr ceiling Left 8
Fr ceiling Right 7
Back ceiling Left 8
Back ceiling Right 8
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ARC Report.pdf (316.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: pdf Scanned_20170907-1050.pdf (401.6 KB, 25 views)
post #3795 of 8329 Old 09-07-2017, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevyh View Post
First off, sorry for the long post. I'm just trying to include as much information that I deem may be relevant. I'm basically looking for any comments regarding my ARC report. Anything obvious and or any suggestions. Thanks.

Prior to running ARC, I used the Paradigm PBK on both subs.

I have had my 1120 for almost a year now. I have ran ARC a couple times and each time I try to Google and read more to try to understand as much as I can. I do not have any audio background so some of the stuff is hard to decipher.

Here's my 7.2.4 theater setup:

Anthem MRX 1120 (v1.3.079)
Sony VPL-HW40ES projector
Acoustically Transparent 135" Screen - Cirrus Stratus (CS-135SSFS178G2 FIII)

All Klipsch Speakers (Fronts, center, and 2 subs are behind the screen)
Front - Reference IV RF-82
Center - RC-62
Side & Rear Surround (x4) - RS42II Reference Surround
Atmos - CDT5800II In-ceiling speaker (x4)
Paradigm MONITOR 12” Active Subwoofer (x2)

Room size:
I do not have any kind of acoustic treatments to the room in front of or behind the screen. The back wall is gyproc. The floor is laminate but with a large shag rug on the floor that almost covers the whole area from the couch to the screen.
The room is "L" shaped with the theater portion being the vertical part of the "L". The total room is 30' long x 10' wide (the last 6' of the front of the room by the screen widens to 12'). The main listening position is 16' from the screen with a bar area behind. The ceiling is basically split down the middle due duct work so the ceiling height is 6' on the right and 7' on the left. Hand drawn pic inc. (not to scale)

Speaker Placement:
The distance from the screen to the back wall is 3'.
The subs are on the floor 16" behind the screen and 8" inside the fronts; the fronts are 10.5" behind the screen and 8' apart; the center is 10.5" behind the screen on a stand centered at 22" above the floor.
The fronts are toed in to aim at the main listening position. I'd like to have them further apart but can't due to room and screen size.

Here are my speaker distance measurements that I made before running ARC:
Sub 17
Fr Left 18
Center 17
Fr Right 18
Surround Right 5
Back Right 12
Back Left 13
Surround Left 5
Fr ceiling Left 8
Fr ceiling Right 7
Back ceiling Left 8
Back ceiling Right 8

Have you sent the file to Anthem? They'll review and offer comments.

I saw this posted (either here or the AVM60 thread). I've not read through it yet, but it may be of some use.

http://hometheaterhifi.com/technical...-optimization/
post #3796 of 8329 Old 09-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrac View Post
Have you sent the file to Anthem? They'll review and offer comments.

I saw this posted (either here or the AVM60 thread). I've not read through it yet, but it may be of some use.

http://hometheaterhifi.com/technical...-optimization/
I have not sent my file to Anthem. I have seen that link before, but I am reading it again.

I have been increasing the room gain by +1.75 or + 2 when playing music and music videos.

I also periodically increase the sub by 1 or 2 db in the AVR levels menu. I like a bit more bass/LFE effects in movies (perhaps the non-ported Paradigm subs are the reason).

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
post #3797 of 8329 Old 09-07-2017, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Hurricane Irma

Will be watching one more Atmos movie tonight before I pack up the Anthem 1120, speakers, and the rest of the equipment. I'm in West Palm Beach so we are expecting a direct hit.
post #3798 of 8329 Old 09-07-2017, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT-Eman View Post
Will be watching one more Atmos movie tonight before I pack up the Anthem 1120, speakers, and the rest of the equipment. I'm in West Palm Beach so we are expecting a direct hit.
We hope for the best possible outcome, and that you all stay safe and dry.
kinglm, nucky and HT-Eman like this.

LG OLED65B6P-U, Revel B15a (2), SVS Ultra Towers, Anthem MRX 720, TiVo Roamio OTA, Apple TV 4K, Sony PS3, LG UP870, Panamax MAX 5500
post #3799 of 8329 Old 09-07-2017, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Quote:
Please be safe and I hope everything turns out OK for you and your family. May God be with you, your family, and everyone else in the path of the storm.
k elone and HT-Eman like this.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #3800 of 8329 Old 09-08-2017, 04:10 AM

Quote:

Hope you get through it safely!

(We just went through Harvey - luckily - no damage at my house)
HT-Eman likes this.
post #3801 of 8329 Old 09-08-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
If you had a sub room gain would increase the entire sub level so if you raised room gain from say 3.000 to 6.000 the entire subwoofer graph would increase by 3dB. Since you don’t have a subwoofer what you’ll see is that adding room gain increases starting at the frequency you selected for the cutoff for your fronts in the target window up to about 250Hz. So the range room gain will effect will be from your cutoff up to about 250Hz. So without having a sub room gain will still only increase your bass and won't touch your highs.

The “order” in the target window will determine if the range you select from your front speaker cutoff up to 250Hz is wide or narrow. A lower order gives a wider bass increase range and a higher order gives a more narrow bass range. Once you determine your order and cutoff you can only increase bass up to 6 dB with room gain. That same order and cutoff can be increased a lot further with the bass tone control so depending on how much bass you need you could add room gain and then use the bass tone control to add even more. You’ll just need to play around with the order, cutoff, and room gain and keep calculating to see the changes they make in the graphs.

Since you don't have a sub selecting an order and cutoff for your fronts combined with room gain and the bass tone control will allow you to change the flat response ARC created and give you back the bass you want. You'll even be able to tailor the curve the way you want by using the order and cutoff.

Since I have subs I don't do any of the things I've described but it will work for you since you don't use a sub and don't want a flat response.
Regarding the "order", how do I know which "order" to use?
My last ARC run resulted in the 11th order being selected (or defaulted) while previous runs were the 4th order.
I have two subs (Paradigm Monitor 12's). From your description above is sounds like I may get more overall bass by selecting the 4th order on my last ARC run instead of the 11th.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ARC Report.pdf (316.8 KB, 45 views)
post #3802 of 8329 Old 09-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
In addition to the posts above- can anyone in 'laymans' terms describe what 'Room Gain', 'Order' and the 'High Pass'/'Low Pass' do in the ARC system? Example, if I raise or lower 'Room Gain', what should I expect or anticipate to hear? Also, with the order, ARC has my sub at 4th order. (also, in ARC it has my sub at 160, but when I go into bass management on the MRX 720, it shows at 120)
I searched these out to try and understand, but I'm not quite and audio engineer...

What I am trying to get is some of the depth back that I have had with other systems. What I am experiencing is the bass on music seems 'short', like some lower notes that I know vibe and rumble, seem to come across and weak and minimal. (not sure if that all makes sense).

Any insight is appreciated, thank you!
post #3803 of 8329 Old 09-09-2017, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevyh View Post
Regarding the "order", how do I know which "order" to use?
My last ARC run resulted in the 11th order being selected (or defaulted) while previous runs were the 4th order.
I have two subs (Paradigm Monitor 12's). From your description above is sounds like I may get more overall bass by selecting the 4th order on my last ARC run instead of the 11th.
Your sub is capable of playing down to 16Hz and it looks like it's rolling off at about 18Hz. To get the most out of your sub you should set it to "Flat". Flat will allow your sub to play as low as it's capable of and you won't hurt the subs because the monitor 12 subs have built in protection circuitry (like most subs). you can change to flat in ARC and just recalculate without re-running ARC and see the difference. Then if you like it just upload.
kevyh likes this.

Last edited by Legairre; 09-10-2017 at 05:44 AM.
post #3804 of 8329 Old 09-10-2017, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrspin11 View Post
In addition to the posts above- can anyone in 'laymans' terms describe what 'Room Gain', 'Order' and the 'High Pass'/'Low Pass' do in the ARC system? Example, if I raise or lower 'Room Gain', what should I expect or anticipate to hear? Also, with the order, ARC has my sub at 4th order. (also, in ARC it has my sub at 160, but when I go into bass management on the MRX 720, it shows at 120)
I searched these out to try and understand, but I'm not quite and audio engineer...

What I am trying to get is some of the depth back that I have had with other systems. What I am experiencing is the bass on music seems 'short', like some lower notes that I know vibe and rumble, seem to come across and weak and minimal. (not sure if that all makes sense).

Any insight is appreciated, thank you!
Hi let me see if I can help.

Room Gain will increase the bass floor of your entire system up to about 200Hz. So if you increase room gain by 2.000 it will increase the bass of every one of your speakers. To verify this, just look at the graphs and then change the room gain and hit OK and then calculate and you'll immediately see the change in the graphs.

In laymens terms the order determines where your sub rolls off and decreases the volume the sub is playing and whether or not that decrease in volume is gradual over a larger frequency range like 1st order or very steep and dropping the volume like a rock, like 16th order at a very narrow frequency range. The lower the order the more gradual and larger the frequency range is. Pretty much every modern sub has it's own protection built into the circuitry so running as "flat" will let the sub play as low as it's capable of and allow you to get the most out of your sub.

In ARC's target window there is a setting for "High Pass". This is the Subwoofer frequency ARC will apply it's correction down to on your sub. So to see changes in the graphs change this value and recalculate and look at your sub chart. In ARC the high pass is the setting for the highest frequency allowed.

Low pass is the setting in the target window called "Subwoofer". For your system it sounds like it's set at 160Hz so this setting will lower/attenuate any frequency higher than 160Hz from getting to your sub. Try changing this from 160 to 250Hz and see if you like it better there. I've tried it lower than 250Hz and my system really muddies up and is lifeless at 160Hz.

The 120 setting in the MRX Bass management menu is the cutoff. This is where ARC has determined that you'll get LFE up to 120Hz sent to your sub. My previous comments delt with bass in general while this setting deals with just the LFE channel.

Try increasing the Room Gain and the "Subwoofer" setting from 160 to 250Hz in the target window. Both these setting can make a big difference in the bass and sound of your system.
terrspin11, kevyh and Bandyka like this.

Last edited by Legairre; 09-10-2017 at 08:18 AM.
post #3805 of 8329 Old 09-10-2017, 06:37 AM

^
Good post, Legairre. Thanks.
terrspin11 likes this.
post #3806 of 8329 Old 09-10-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Your sub is capable of playing down to 16Hz and it looks like it's rolling off at about 18Hz. To get the most out of your sub you should set it to "Flat". Flat will allow your sub to play as low as it's capable of and you won't hurt the subs because the monitor 12 subs have built in protection circuitry (like most subs). you can change to flat in ARC and just recalculate without re-running ARC and see the difference. Then if you like it just upload.
I'm trying flat for a while to see if I like the results.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
post #3807 of 8329 Old 09-10-2017, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Volume Control not working with MRX 1120 and Harmony 900 Remote

I asked this in the Harmony 900 thread but no bites. Any ideas here from others who use Harmony remotes with their Anthem Receivers?

I haven't had this problem before with my previous AV receivers Pioneer or Onkyo, but now with my Anthem MRX 1120 receiver when I start Activity (Watch TV, Watch Movie) everything powers up correctly, I can change channels with PVR (cable box), but volume control is not working with Anthem. If I go into devices on Harmony 900 remote and choose Anthem receiver I can adjust volume and all receiver functions no problem. But then have to go back to Activity to change channels. In the Harmony software I have twice made sure that volume controlled by Anthem receiver is selected for all Activities and updated the remote.

Any ideas or something else I should do or select?

Repetition penetrates even the dullest of minds.

post #3808 of 8329 Old 09-10-2017, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi let me see if I can help.

Room Gain will increase the bass floor of your entire system up to about 200Hz. So if you increase room gain by 2.000 it will increase the bass of every one of your speakers. To verify this, just look at the graphs and then change the room gain and hit OK and then calculate and you'll immediately see the change in the graphs.

In laymens terms the order determines where your sub rolls off and decreases the volume the sub is playing and whether or not that decrease in volume is gradual over a larger frequency range like 1st order or very steep and dropping the volume like a rock, like 16th order at a very narrow frequency range. The lower the order the more gradual and larger the frequency range is. Pretty much every modern sub has it's own protection built into the circuitry so running as "flat" will let the sub play as low as it's capable of and allow you to get the most out of your sub.

In ARC's target window there is a setting for "High Pass". This is the Subwoofer frequency ARC will apply it's correction down to on your sub. So to see changes in the graphs change this value and recalculate and look at your sub chart. In ARC the high pass is the setting for the highest frequency allowed.

Low pass is the setting in the target window called "Subwoofer". For your system it sounds like it's set at 160Hz so this setting will lower/attenuate any frequency higher than 160Hz from getting to your sub. Try changing this from 160 to 250Hz and see if you like it better there. I've tried it lower than 250Hz and my system really muddies up and is lifeless at 160Hz.

The 120 setting in the MRX Bass management menu is the cutoff. This is where ARC has determined that you'll get LFE up to 120Hz sent to your sub. My previous comments delt with bass in general while this setting deals with just the LFE channel.

Try increasing the Room Gain and the "Subwoofer" setting from 160 to 250Hz in the target window. Both these setting can make a big difference in the bass and sound of your system.
Thank you! Seriously, ARC is really cool, but its still on the same lines as trying to figure out taxes and school district boundaries. Ill play around with this and keep you posted!
Molon_Labe likes this.

Anthem mrx-720, Sunfire Cinema Grand 400-7, GoldenEar Aon 3 L-R, GoldenEar SuperSat3 Surround, Paradigm Millenia 20 Center, Intimus L6-IC Height, SVS PB-1000 sub, atmos 5.1.4
post #3809 of 8329 Old 09-10-2017, 08:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knut View Post
I asked this in the Harmony 900 thread but no bites. Any ideas here from others who use Harmony remotes with their Anthem Receivers?

I haven't had this problem before with my previous AV receivers Pioneer or Onkyo, but now with my Anthem MRX 1120 receiver when I start Activity (Watch TV, Watch Movie) everything powers up correctly, I can change channels with PVR (cable box), but volume control is not working with Anthem. If I go into devices on Harmony 900 remote and choose Anthem receiver I can adjust volume and all receiver functions no problem. But then have to go back to Activity to change channels. In the Harmony software I have twice made sure that volume controlled by Anthem receiver is selected for all Activities and updated the remote.

Any ideas or something else I should do or select?
Can you add the Anthem receiver to the remote again so that you have two Anthem MRX 1120 in the software. That way you can test this without removing the original Anthem MRX 1120 from all your activities. Once you have the second one added remove the first one from one of your activities and add the new one to that activity and see if it works.

Another thing you can do is see if using the learning function where you hold the harmony and the Anthem remotes nose to nose and teach the harmony the volume up/down and see if that makes the volume work in the activities like it does in the devices.
The Dark Knut likes this.

post #3810 of 8329 Old 09-11-2017, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrac View Post
^
Good post, Legairre. Thanks.
Thanks madrac, glad to help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
24bit/192kHz , 24bit/96khz , Anthem , anthem mrx720 , anthem triad in-wall subwoofer , atmos , firetv , hi res audio , mrx 1120 mrx 720 mrx 520 , MRX720 , [email protected] , Xbox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page