Originally Posted by briandx
This weekend I decided to take the plunge and purchased a MRX 1120, which should be arriving later this week. I am upgrading from a Marantz SR7011 receiver.
In preparation for delivery and the install, I have a few basic questions. Any help will be appreciated.
1) I have a Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 speaker config, where the ".4" speakers are all in the ceiling. With my Marantz reciever, there was a distinction between "Height" and "Top" speakers. In the documentation I have read so far Anthem only refers to these speakers as "Height". Any real issues here?
2) I want to use the remaining 2 channels of amplification as Zone 2. In looking at the speakers posts on the back of the receiver, I guess I will use the speakers posts labelled "Back L and Back R"?
3) It appears I need to measure the physical distance of each of my 9 speakers to my primary listening position before I run ARC?
4) I plan to use DTS Play both in my primary listening room, as well as Zone 2 and other rooms in the home. Any issues with doing this?
Thanks much for any help and guidance you can give me.
From one Brian to another, I can answer a couple off your questions.
1. Not sure why you think Anthem only refers to Height. This is from the manual:
HEIGHT SPEAKER TYPE AND POSITION
Two or four speakers may be installed in the ceiling or on the wall near the ceiling. In addition a special type of height speaker, referred to as Dolby-enabled, may be placed on top of existing speakers. It works by bouncing height information off the ceiling.
Using the room layout diagrams as a guide, select from the following possibilities to match your height speakers:
With the most recent update to ARC2, I think one of the positions was eliminated...can't recall which off hand.
3. Yes, ARC does not measure or calculate distance. However, you can enter the values before or after the running ARC.
Probably not a bad idea to pull the manual off of Anthems web site. Lots of very helpful info to be found.