Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers - Page 242 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13129Likes

post #7231 of 7887 Old 05-03-2019, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollans View Post
Having listened to a few films now with the Genesis setup, I’m very happy. It seems to be getting the surround, rear surround, and Atmos levels a lot better for them actually to be heard properly and mesh properly. Panning shots really do properly pan now, whereas before I used to get the volume tailing off a bit much if something went behind or over. On my setup and my room it seems to be a big improvement.
Agree. Dp you also notice a more accurate dialog level and better tone?

The bass mixes better with the channels as well, so it seems.

I'm always leery of these initial confirmation bias type of reactions while we're excited, but there really is clear detail and dynamic improvement with the "whole" of the speakers working together.

It's simply better Atmos than before.
desray2k, GW222 and vollans like this.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7232 of 7887 Old 05-03-2019, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Yes I agreed with most of the members initial impression of ARC Genesis. It is clearly better than ARC 2 in every respect. The biggest benefits is with my Dolby Atmos reflection speakers, I don’t need to increase the gain every time after each calibration. It is already 3db “hotter”. The ability to change the Max EQ frequency from 5kHz to 2kHz or even lower in individual pair of Speaker groups (e.g. Atmos height 1 or surround back) is a boon. This is great especially when the front mains may perform better at 500hz or even at 5kHz compared to the rest of the speaker groups and ARC Genesis allows separate settings is simply awesome.

I am confident to say that I can now ditch the ARC 2 and go full steam ahead with ARC Genesis now.

One thing I notice is Anthem seems to separate the normal downloads like ARC 2 from ARC Genesis and the latter stated free full working demo of ARC Genesis on the ARC webpage, I wonder is there any underlying meaning to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vollans likes this.
post #7233 of 7887 Old 05-03-2019, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
Agree. Dp you also notice a more accurate dialog level and better tone?

The bass mixes better with the channels as well, so it seems.
Yup, everything seems to just mesh properly. Nothing is standing out now. It is especially noticeable with Neural:X mode, which always was a difficult one to use as it just sounded blooming odd as it is a lot more aggressive at moving things around to discrete channels than Dolby Surround so you had levels jumping around. That now sounds more balanced and works much better with the speaker settings Genesis is calculating. Neural:X now even works really well with 2.0 films, which it didn’t before.

It’s amazing what a difference the speaker calculations are making when there has been no change in the firmware to go with it, so it is all down to better profiles being generated for the hardware to use. Who needs new hardware to come out when a new software release can make this much difference? It’s like a whole new system. It’s exciting me as much as when I made the leap from my Yamaha 2050 to the MRX1120 just over a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
It's simply better Atmos than before.
Definitely. And the Faux Atmos and Neural:X modes. Even my husband noticed - I got accused of buying a new version of Iron Man as it sounded so much better. That does mean I may now escape him asking if I’ve bought new Dolby Atmos versions of Captain America I, II and III and Avengers I and II
Bleeding Edge and Benje2 like this.

New Home Cinema: Sony VPL-VW760, Anthem MRX 1120, Q Acoustics 30x0 series speakers fronts, SVS Prime Elevation surround speakers, Proficient C791 Atmos, SVS PB2000 sub, Panasonic DMP-UB820, Apple TV, Pioneer CLD-D5V laserdisc, FetchTV, eeColor 3D LUT & Radiance XD-3D and ScreenTechnics CinemaSnap Hi Contrast 130" screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7234 of 7887 Old 05-03-2019, 11:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yup, everything seems to just mesh properly. Nothing is standing out now. It is especially noticeable with Neural:X mode, which always was a difficult one to use as it just sounded blooming odd as it is a lot more aggressive at moving things around to discrete channels than Dolby Surround so you had levels jumping around. That now sounds more balanced and works much better with the speaker settings Genesis is calculating. Neural:X now even works really well with 2.0 films, which it didn’t before.

It’s amazing what a difference the speaker calculations are making when there has been no change in the firmware to go with it, so it is all down to better profiles being generated for the hardware to use. Who needs new hardware to come out when a new software release can make this much difference? It’s like a whole new system. It’s exciting me as much as when I made the leap from my Yamaha 2050 to the MRX1120 just over a year ago.

Definitely. And the Faux Atmos and Neural:X modes. Even my husband noticed - I got accused of buying a new version of Iron Man as it sounded so much better. That does mean I may now escape him asking if I’ve bought new Dolby Atmos versions of Captain America I, II and III and Avengers I and II
Didn't realize we have a female HT enthusiast hailing from Australia. Very rare in this community...thought mostly boy's club. :P
post #7235 of 7887 Old 05-03-2019, 11:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

At first, some may not like the more "tamed" subwoofer output...but if you slowly acclimatize to the "new" LFE, you will be surprised at how much texture in the layers of bass and even the surrounds are more enveloping now.

I have yet to play with the "Deep bass" feature. Anyone have any useful advice in this area?
post #7236 of 7887 Old 05-03-2019, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
At first, some may not like the more "tamed" subwoofer output...but if you slowly acclimatize to the "new" LFE, you will be surprised at how much texture in the layers of bass and even the surrounds are more enveloping now.

I have yet to play with the "Deep bass" feature. Anyone have any useful advice in this area?
I am also looking for advice on this setting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #7237 of 7887 Old 05-03-2019, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
Didn't realize we have a female HT enthusiast hailing from Australia. Very rare in this community...thought mostly boy's club. :P
Sorry to disappoint you, but I am male, and so is my husband. But we’re in Australia.

New Home Cinema: Sony VPL-VW760, Anthem MRX 1120, Q Acoustics 30x0 series speakers fronts, SVS Prime Elevation surround speakers, Proficient C791 Atmos, SVS PB2000 sub, Panasonic DMP-UB820, Apple TV, Pioneer CLD-D5V laserdisc, FetchTV, eeColor 3D LUT & Radiance XD-3D and ScreenTechnics CinemaSnap Hi Contrast 130" screen
post #7238 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you, but I am male, and so is my husband. But we’re in Australia.

No prob. I understand. Regardless, thanks for sharing your views with us. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vollans likes this.
post #7239 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 01:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Well nuts. I'm gonna be late to the party. Attempting to do the initial ARC Genesis calibration exposed that my AVM 60 no longer does any form of networking.

Waiting for this to be repaired will be a trial!

Just one more upgrade and things will be perfect.
post #7240 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 02:38 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-99 View Post
Well nuts. I'm gonna be late to the party. Attempting to do the initial ARC Genesis calibration exposed that my AVM 60 no longer does any form of networking.

FYI, the release notes of firmware v1.4.095 list mostly network related fixes, you may want to try updating if you have network connectivity issues. https://www.anthemav.com/support/latest-software.php
post #7241 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondongon View Post
No I didn’t, my iMac is in another floor as the MRX and I didn’t see a need for it. IMHO, most likely an issue on the client side rather than the MRX. Though to prove it, I’ll need to update my MRX which I will do tomorrow evening. My MRX has
V .89, I still have that version from Anthem, PM me your email and I’ll send it.

Does the anthem mic show up fine in System Preferences, under input?
Yes, the anthem mic shows up in system preferences (as ARC-1 Anthem).

BTW, I cannot PM you as I do not have enough posts!

Last edited by Dylanthomasfan; 05-04-2019 at 05:35 AM.
post #7242 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:

What version of firmware are you running? Could you please post your FW version, OSD version and DSP version? Thanks!
post #7243 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 603
I've had my MRX-720 since it was released; I had it setup in a 5.2.4 format with a 5 ch amp powering L,R,C, surrounds. I added a 2 channel amp to power my on wall ATMOS spkrs and was using the 720 to power the other 2 ATMOS spkrs...worked fine for a couple of years. Yesterday, I contacted Anthem Support for problems I was having with the Genesis setup....suffice it to say, support tech said my setup was wrong and made me change some connections. When I changed the setup as he suggested, I lost my atmos spker setup. And naturally, the problems were realized after support was done till Monday. I never wrote down my configuration so at the moment, I'm at square one and after trying multiple connections, I can't get the setup back to its original state.
Soooo....
Where should my 2 channel amp connections to rear of MRX 720 be assigned (Height 1, Height 2, Back, i.e., Pre-outs)
I know I had a combination of ATMOS speakers (front or rear) assigned to the back R, back L spkr connections on the 720....the rest of the connections are a crapshoot.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure in the Speaker setup menu, Back Amp was set to Height 1 ( in lieu of Main Back) and Height 1 was set to Front On Wall, Height 2 set to Back On Wall ( verified in an old Arc 2 file)

I've been switching spk connections back and forth, but just can't hit the right combo to return to my original setup (4 distinct signals going to front R,L On Wall, back R,L on Wall)

I'm at the point, where the more I try and change the setup, the more I become confused (lol)

My L,R,C, surrounds Pre-outs are fine, so at the moment, I'm only at 5.2.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Anthem MRX-720,Outlaw 7500 5ch amp, B&K ST 202 amp
Oppo BDP-103, Sony XBR-65X930D, Rotel RP-855, Phillips BDP-7501
Paradigm Studio 100 Fronts, Martin Logan Motion LX16 rears,Martin Logan Motion 2's
Paradigm Studio cc-590 Center, Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer, DefTech Supercube 4000
Roku Ultra, DIRECTV 4K Genie HR-54 DVR, C61K-700, OPPO Sonica DAC, Amazon Fire TV
post #7244 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanthomasfan View Post
Yes, the anthem mic shows up in system preferences (as ARC-1 Anthem).
BTW, I cannot PM you as I do not have enough posts!
PM’ed you, someone else posted that they were intermittently getting the critical error. You may want to check macOS logs, the app is called console. There will be tons of logs, so start Genesis and console, plug the MIC, keep track of the time u did, proceed to the error screen, then check console. It’s quite detailed and require a bit of knowledge but may show u something. GL.
post #7245 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
PM’ed you, someone else posted that they were intermittently getting the critical error. You may want to check macOS logs, the app is called console. There will be tons of logs, so start Genesis and console, plug the MIC, keep track of the time u did, proceed to the error screen, then check console. It’s quite detailed and require a bit of knowledge but may show u something. GL.
When I ran on console, I see this (just showing the part where I select the microphone):

Code:
get microphone handles
on_microphone_selected: 0
on_serial_number_selected "362728"
Note: MEASUREMENT[level_check.cpp[59]]: level_check_proc_impl()
"Initializing"
"Please wait..."
Note: AUDIO_RECORDER[audio_recorder.cpp[28]]: Initializing audio capture
start: 56
qml: Room3D updateVisibleSpeakers 4,1,5,2,7,11,10,6,20,21,24,25
qml: Room3D updatePositions 5:-1
qml: Room3D updateVisibleSpeakers 4,1,5,2,7,11,10,6,20,21,24,25
qml: Room3D updateCurrentSpeaker 0
qml: Room3D updatePositions 5:-1
get microphone handles
configureAU
configureAudioDevice: 56
Note: AUDIO_RECORDER[audio_recorder.cpp[54]]: Failed to load a curve correction for the 1b35_1004_mac measurements will not be calibrated (Calibration file version is newer than this program. Check for updates.).
"Critical audio problem. Please check the microphone and speaker connections."
stop
Unless the curve correction note is the problem (doubtful? I don't know the flow of the code here), I don't think that is the issue. I do see this log in /var/log/system.log:

Code:
ARC Genesis[7101]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
That last issue seems to be a mojave issue on some google spelunking.
post #7246 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacari View Post
I have Win10 and have the same problem (program cant download mic cal file); Anthem Support told me its a known problem.....said he was going to email me a work-around, but I never received/or he never sent it...oh, well. Anyways, I grabbed a copy of the calibration file out of the Arc 2 folder and copied it to the Genesis folder; later on, I will see if that works....
Were you able to figure out where the calibration file should go? I wasn't able to download the mic cal file either, and tried putting my mic cal file from ARC 2 into the Genesis folder. The ARC Genesis program wasn't able to find the mic cal file.
post #7247 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I am trying to configure using the ARC genesis (Anthem MRX 520) for Monolith 10 subwoofer. I had set to THX position, 0 phase but i keep getting error "Your subwoofer volme is too high. Please turn its volume down by about -3db and try again". If i set it in THX according to the website, it should be 0db.

Anyone know what should be my setting for Monolith subwoofer to calibrate?
post #7248 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliasmd View Post
I am trying to configure using the ARC genesis (Anthem MRX 520) for Monolith 10 subwoofer. I had set to THX position, 0 phase but i keep getting error "Your subwoofer volme is too high. Please turn its volume down by about -3db and try again". If i set it in THX according to the website, it should be 0db.

Anyone know what should be my setting for Monolith subwoofer to calibrate?
I had the same with my SVS'er, ARC2 never complained with the volume they was set at, but I had to turn them down to proceed the calibration with Genesis.
post #7249 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
For those that have run ARC Genesis, what is the file name and the location? I'm unable to download the mic cal file through ARC Genesis so I was trying to move and modify the mic cal file name "xxxxxxAnthem.cal" that I used for ARC 2. So far, I've been unsuccessful moving my mic cal file into the ARC Genesis folder and modifying the mic cal file name. Thanks.
post #7250 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
FYI, the release notes of firmware v1.4.095 list mostly network related fixes, you may want to try updating if you have network connectivity issues. https://www.anthemav.com/support/latest-software.php
Yep, I'm on that firmware version. No difference. Lots of hardware reboots and perhaps a dozen factory resets later, it looks like everything but networking is OK. Funny thing is this unit has networked with no issues since it was purchased in January 2017.

An MRX 520 used in an exercise room has been temporarily repurposed while the AVM 60 is getting repaired. These units have no wifi, just a hardwired network connection. After plugging a the network cable, the 520 came online almost immediately.

post #7251 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey! The 520 supports ARC Genesis? For some reason I thought Anthem wasn't going to support that. Looks like the party is back on!

post #7252 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, I'm on that firmware version. No difference. Lots of hardware reboots and perhaps a dozen factory resets later, it looks like everything but networking is OK. Funny thing is this unit has networked with no issues since it was purchased in January 2017.

An MRX 520 used in an exercise room has been temporarily repurposed while the AVM 60 is getting repaired. These units have no wifi, just a hardwired network connection. After plugging a the network cable, the 520 came online almost immediately.
I had to open my cabinet and sit next to the AVM 60 to get it to download the measurements. Never had to do that before. Used to download ARC-2 from the next room. Got be the Genesis file. Firmware updates ahead for sure.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #7253 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I've had my MRX-720 since it was released; I had it setup in a 5.2.4 format with a 5 ch amp powering L,R,C, surrounds. I added a 2 channel amp to power my on wall ATMOS spkrs and was using the 720 to power the other 2 ATMOS spkrs...worked fine for a couple of years. Yesterday, I contacted Anthem Support for problems I was having with the Genesis setup....suffice it to say, support tech said my setup was wrong and made me change some connections. When I changed the setup as he suggested, I lost my atmos spker setup. And naturally, the problems were realized after support was done till Monday. I never wrote down my configuration so at the moment, I'm at square one and after trying multiple connections, I can't get the setup back to its original state.
Soooo....
Where should my 2 channel amp connections to rear of MRX 720 be assigned (Height 1, Height 2, Back, i.e., Pre-outs)
I know I had a combination of ATMOS speakers (front or rear) assigned to the back R, back L spkr connections on the 720....the rest of the connections are a crapshoot.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure in the Speaker setup menu, Back Amp was set to Height 1 ( in lieu of Main Back) and Height 1 was set to Front On Wall, Height 2 set to Back On Wall ( verified in an old Arc 2 file)

I've been switching spk connections back and forth, but just can't hit the right combo to return to my original setup (4 distinct signals going to front R,L On Wall, back R,L on Wall)

I'm at the point, where the more I try and change the setup, the more I become confused (lol)

My L,R,C, surrounds Pre-outs are fine, so at the moment, I'm only at 5.2.....

Any help would be appreciated.
No need for assistance, got everything back to original form, i.e., 5.2.4....
now I need to solve the original problems with Genesis.....
first I got the Arc 2 mic calibration in the right Genesis folder (Genesis couldn't download my mic when given serial number.....Genesis now sees the proper mic) when I run Genesis I get this msg-

it says "critical audio problem. Please check microphone and speaker connections." …..

...I may just stay with Arc 2...has been fine since day 1.....

Paradigm Studio 100 Fronts, Martin Logan Motion LX16 rears,Martin Logan Motion 2's
Paradigm Studio cc-590 Center, Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer, DefTech Supercube 4000
Roku Ultra, DIRECTV 4K Genie HR-54 DVR, C61K-700, OPPO Sonica DAC, Amazon Fire TV
post #7254 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
No need for assistance, got everything back to original form, i.e., 5.2.4....
now I need to solve the original problems with Genesis.....
first I got the Arc 2 mic calibration in the right Genesis folder (Genesis couldn't download my mic when given serial number.....Genesis now sees the proper mic) when I run Genesis I get this msg-

it says "critical audio problem. Please check microphone and speaker connections." …..

...I may just stay with Arc 2...has been fine since day 1.....
Can you tell me what folder you put the mic calibration in. Thanks
muad'dib likes this.

AV Lexicon GX 7, Anthem MRX-720, Oppo 203, Panasonic UB420, Xbox one x, PS4 pro, TV LG 55C6, 65 C8,OLED. HD projector 106 Jvc X5000 X550, Sub Paradigm signature sub1, Speakers monitor audio platinum PL200 PLC150, Dali phantom ikon in wall & 4 phantom kompas 6m in ceiling speakers, 5.1.4 Atmos
post #7255 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I wonder why these speakers levels are set so high? Are we changing the dynamics of the algorithms if we get the SPL out and tame them all to 75dB?

I'm listening around -30 on the volume now. Gonna have to set the max to about -20 to protect the speakers.

post #7256 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Is volume strange on these receivers? I had to set my 520 to -45 to get 75 dB pink noise in REW. On my Marantz, -45 would read much less than 75 dB.
post #7257 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky View Post
Can you tell me what folder you put the mic calibration in. Thanks
Download the microphone calibration file using the URL below and save it to your desktop.
https://www.paradigm.com/arc-download?serial=[insert-6-digit-SN-here]

Open a file browser and paste the following into the address bar.
%localappdata%\ARC Genesis\calibration_files\
(the above is what I did)

Also, Anthem Tech Support sent me the following-

If you are having trouble with the path above, another way to access it is to use the path below. This folder might be hidden (based on your computer’s configuration), so it isn’t always easy to see.
C:\Users\[user-account]\appdata\Local\ARC Genesis\calibration_files\

Copy the calibration file you saved into this directory and restart Genesis.
nucky likes this.

post #7258 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Don't know if this is the correct place to post this....I have an MRX 720 and am looking for a good remote to control it with AppleTV/Oppo 203/Directv4K. I had a Harmony One remote but changing inputs was difficult for the MRX. Now I have a Caavo and if it works it is great but I get issues seems like every few weeks and i've only had it a few months. Any suggestions for a remote with Wifi/RF etc..... oh and my components are in a cabinet. I'm not opposed to a custom remote if it is worth the money.

Thanks so much

Doug
post #7259 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Download the microphone calibration file using the URL below and save it to your desktop.
https://www.paradigm.com/arc-download?serial=[insert-6-digit-SN-here]

Open a file browser and paste the following into the address bar.
%localappdata%\ARC Genesis\calibration_files\
(the above is what I did)

Also, Anthem Tech Support sent me the following-

If you are having trouble with the path above, another way to access it is to use the path below. This folder might be hidden (based on your computer’s configuration), so it isn’t always easy to see.
C:\Users\[user-account]\appdata\Local\ARC Genesis\calibration_files\

Copy the calibration file you saved into this directory and restart Genesis.
I will try that tomorrow as I am going out tonight. Thanks for your help.

AV Lexicon GX 7, Anthem MRX-720, Oppo 203, Panasonic UB420, Xbox one x, PS4 pro, TV LG 55C6, 65 C8,OLED. HD projector 106 Jvc X5000 X550, Sub Paradigm signature sub1, Speakers monitor audio platinum PL200 PLC150, Dali phantom ikon in wall & 4 phantom kompas 6m in ceiling speakers, 5.1.4 Atmos
post #7260 of 7887 Old 05-04-2019, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok, finished the Genesis setup on an 1120. It sounds a little different. If we assume that Genesis is better than the ARC, then different = better. Went well, I like the result and appreciate that Anthem is still working to make a better product.

As before, if you run one of those "setup your theater" either off a movie disc like many of the Pixar movies or a home theater calibration disc, I find that the speakers themselves are pretty well balanced, but the sub is about -5db below them, using a radio shack decibel meter. I think ARC was about 7db below the mains. I've gone ahead and added 5 db back to my sub in the level calibration screen for the Anthem.

Why would this be? I thought it would be going for "flat", or nearly flat. This seems a bit much. "Back in the day", people were running their subs at +10 db over mains, calling this a home mix in order to compensate for not running at reference level output...all the way up on volume to 0 db.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
24bit/192kHz , 24bit/96khz , Anthem , anthem mrx720 , anthem triad in-wall subwoofer , atmos , firetv , hi res audio , mrx 1120 mrx 720 mrx 520 , MRX720 , [email protected] , Xbox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page