Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers - Page 245 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13150Likes

post #7321 of 8053 Old 05-05-2019, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyndoug View Post
Thanks....so it sounds like the Harmony Hub will send those commands via wifi? That would make my life easier as I could not seem to get IR to work switching sources on my MRX 720.
No, the harmony hub doesn't communicate with the anthem via wifi. It only uses IR. The MRX 720 has a network control protocol, but the harmony hub doesn't speak it.

The MRX 720 has an IR input port on the back that can be hard wired to the harmony hub if you prefer a wired connection.
Norris Kasey likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7322 of 8053 Old 05-05-2019, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Harmony hub works fine with my mrx720. If your having problems with the input settings add a delay between the power on and inputs. The mrx does not turn on instantly so you need to add some time delay between power up and the input selection on your activity. When you run the Harmony setup after it's complete edit the settings for each activity and add a delay. It will work correctly

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #7323 of 8053 Old 05-05-2019, 08:54 PM

So far how is everyone liking Genesis? I think it sounds awesome. My subwoofers have to be tweaked some after correction but that's my only issue. I run quick measure before correction to get gains at 75db and after correction I run quick measure and turn the gains up hotter but level matching them both where I fell they need to be. I leave the speaker levels where Genesis set them. Seems to balance it out for me

Bleeding Edge likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7324 of 8053 Old 05-05-2019, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 2927 Post(s)
Liked: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
Just played familiar scenes in Wonder Woman. Holy moly, I had to set the volume to -33 to keep the house together.

The levels are way cranked up. Sounds great, but the levels are overdone.
I'm wondering if your volume control is calibrated to 85 dB instead of 75 dB (for the nominal -30 dBFS level).

For anyone who has an SPL meter and a known test signal, like REW or Spears&Munsil or other suitable test disc, could I ask you to tell me the following:

1) In the Genesis program, open:
--> Adjust Arc Settings
--> Set Speaker Levels
the first graph shows System-Wide Level Target

2) Play the test signal from L speaker with MV=0. What is the SPL? (if it's too loud, reduce the volume to -10)

3) Report
-- the System-wide Level Target value
-- the test signal used
-- the SPL reading on what SPL meter (use C-wtg)
-- the Master Volume setting

Thanks!!

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win7 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #7325 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I ran Genesis a couple of times.
Had to lower the sub to get in range, then reran it in between the original and revised sub setting.
The levels of my front speakers varied according to the sub level.
Both versions sounded great, but with different correction levels for the speakers (obviously for the subs which changed volume level independently of Genesis).
post #7326 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 04:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I might give the Anthem MRX 1120 a try if I can find a decent price

LG OLED C8 65 2018 , LG SL 10YG SoundBar. HT: JVC RS2000, Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain Sscreen, Apple TV4k, Def Tech 9080/9060 Dolby Atmos Speakers, Denon X6500H , Oppo203 and a nagging wife.
post #7327 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 04:28 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benje2 View Post
I ran Genesis a couple of times.
Had to lower the sub to get in range, then reran it in between the original and revised sub setting.
The levels of my front speakers varied according to the sub level.
Both versions sounded great, but with different correction levels for the speakers (obviously for the subs which changed volume level independently of Genesis).
I had a similar experience. ARC 2 would actually complain that the speakers would not get 75 dB during EQ and so would set them at 68 dB. Genesis required me to turn down the subs just a bit and then set all levels at 75dB after EQ. I like it and haven't done any tweaking. Also, algorithm is very fast, in contrast to Dirac which is very slow on the same Win computer.

Great room:LG OLED65E8PUA, Anthem MRX720, Speakers 5.1.4 Elac Uni-Fi UF5, UC5, UB5. S12EQ. 4x Elac A4 Atmos speakers, 2x Emotiva BasX A-100 for atmos speakers -
Man Cave: Vizio P65-F1, NAD T758v3 + Emotiva XPA-5 gen1, Emotiva T2 towers, C2 center, E2 surrounds and Monoprice Monolith 12
post #7328 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi Everyone, a little of topic here but i need some advice. i can get a reasonably decent deal on an MRX 1120. I purchased a Marantz SR 7012 about 6 months ago that replaced a Denon AVR 3805 that i had for 13 years. My question to all you Anthem owners is what brand were you using prior and what differences did you notice after switching? i use an Emotiva XPA 5 Gen 2 along with the marantz. i would be selling the marantz and the emotiva to acquire the 1120. i appreciate your input.

thanks
post #7329 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1636 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings49 View Post
Hi Everyone, a little of topic here but i need some advice. i can get a reasonably decent deal on an MRX 1120. I purchased a Marantz SR 7012 about 6 months ago that replaced a Denon AVR 3805 that i had for 13 years. My question to all you Anthem owners is what brand were you using prior and what differences did you notice after switching? i use an Emotiva XPA 5 Gen 2 along with the marantz. i would be selling the marantz and the emotiva to acquire the 1120. i appreciate your input.

thanks
Previous to my 1120, I ran a Denon 4400 and Emotiva xpa 5 Gen 2...for 2 channel music the sound was what I would call bright and harsh and I had to actually turn Audessey x32 off...I might attribute this to the DACS in the 4400...the 1120 for 2 channel,is a joy to listen to...for HT, arc on the 1120 really helped clean up the LFE that Audessey couldn’t...highly recommend the switch, you won’t be disappointed
GeekWave likes this.

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820
Triple black velvet bat cave
post #7330 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Previous to my 1120, I ran a Denon 4400 and Emotiva xpa 5 Gen 2...for 2 channel music the sound was what I would call bright and harsh and I had to actually turn Audessey x32 off...I might attribute this to the DACS in the 4400...the 1120 for 2 channel,is a joy to listen to...for HT, arc on the 1120 really helped clean up the LFE that Audessey couldn’t...highly recommend the switch, you won’t be disappointed
have you tried the 1120 without the Emotiva?
post #7331 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Before buying my AVM 60, I was using a Yamaha Aventage RX-A3060 with an Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 powering front LCR. The first thing I noticed right away with the Anthem was the improved clarity and channel separation. The difference was significant. Even my wife remarked at how much better movies sounded, and she'll be the first to admit that she can't tell the difference with most of the changes I make. She remarked how everything just sounded so full and clear. Anthem's ARC calibration software was a huge step up from the YPAO calibration used by my Yamaha.

FWIW, before the Yamaha, I owned a Denon (3808CI if I recall correctly) and was never really happy with its sound so I've tended to shy away from the newer Denon and Marantz models so can't really offer a comparison between the current Denon/Marantz line and Anthem. To my ears, I can only describe the sound of my older Denon as sterile, mechanical. Almost fatiguing to listen to. The Yamaha had a much more pleasing sound, but the Anthem is just in a league of its own compared to those two.
Bleeding Edge and GeekWave like this.

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVR 60 | 5.2.4 Config: MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL X FL/FR, ESL C Center, Motion LX16 Surrounds, Motion 4i Atmos | Subs: Velodyne DD-15, Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x | Amplification: Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 FL/C/FR, Emotiva A-700 Surrounds and Atmos

Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #7332 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post
Before buying my AVM 60, I was using a Yamaha Aventage RX-A3060 with an Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 powering front LCR. The first thing I noticed right away with the Anthem was the improved clarity and channel separation. The difference was significant. Even my wife remarked at how much better movies sounded, and she'll be the first to admit that she can't tell the difference with most of the changes I make. She remarked how everything just sounded so full and clear. Anthem's ARC calibration software was a huge step up from the YPAO calibration used by my Yamaha.

FWIW, before the Yamaha, I owned a Denon (3808CI if I recall correctly) and was never really happy with its sound so I've tended to shy away from the newer Denon and Marantz models so can't really offer a comparison between the current Denon/Marantz line and Anthem. To my ears, I can only describe the sound of my older Denon as sterile, mechanical. Almost fatiguing to listen to. The Yamaha had a much more pleasing sound, but the Anthem is just in a league of its own compared to those two.
that's great, thank you
post #7333 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I did the same as you but ended up with a +6 for my two SVS subs, which is higher than before.

I think it's taking much more thorough room measurements. Are you in a very small, square room with powerful subwoofers?
My subs are SB16 Ultra and it could be a bit for my room size. But taking it all the ay to -12 were as ARC2 was at 0 looks little odd to me though. Even ignoring those extreme level, the sound reproduction was no to my liking at all. So using ARC2 for now...
post #7334 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
I'm wondering if your volume control is calibrated to 85 dB instead of 75 dB (for the nominal -30 dBFS level).

For anyone who has an SPL meter and a known test signal, like REW or Spears&Munsil or other suitable test disc, could I ask you to tell me the following:

--> Adjust Arc Settings

--> Set Speaker Levels

2) Play the test signal from L speaker with MV=0. What is the SPL? (if it's too loud, reduce the volume to -10)

3) Report

-- the test signal used

Thanks!!
I am looking for the result too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #7335 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Same experience here. The sound after Genesis pales severely in comparison to the ARC2 profile I was running. Too bright, thin, soundstage terrible. Bass virtually non-existent. Surrounds way too high. Subs set to -9 in the profile, but with a +3dB room gain set by Genesis, they ended up -6 when uploaded. I cranked up room gain to +6dB which helped some with low end, but everything else still lacked that balance and sparkle that I was used to with ARC2.

I used Anthem's suggestion of varying the mic height for measure 2 - 5. I never did that with ARC2. Maybe that's the problem. As soon as I get a spare hour, I am going to rerun Genesis keeping the mic at ear height for all 5 measures and see if that makes a difference.

I can confirm like many others have reported, everything was set +3db hot over my ARC2 profile, except for my subs.

The good news, Genesis recognized my mic s/n on the first try and had no trouble downloading the calibration file. As far as the mechanics of the process went, everything was flawless. No issue, no errors. Just less than thrilled with the settings that Genesis came up with.
I had to try few times for Genesis to recognize my mic on a mac. My surrounds were all like -1 but its the SUB that got me. Will be interesting to see if there was any difference if you dont vary mic height...Keep us posted. I might try it as well sometime this week.
post #7336 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post

--> Adjust Arc Settings
--> Set Speaker Levels

3) Report
-- the test signal used

Thanks!!
Interesting, I'll check that.

Anther thing that seems to be affecting this is my new Anthem MCA525 amp. I get much louder test signals in the five channels (225 watts x 5) that it's connected to versus the other six channels, which are connected to a B&K 125Wx7 amp.

Could that be affecting level settings?

With Arc-2 before, the test signals sounded the same even though 7 channels were connected to the 125W B&K amp, and the others were connected to a NAD 35Wx4 amp.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #7337 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Your experience is similar to mine. I never felt like I was getting good sound quality from the Denon or Marantz receivers I've had. I like the cheaper Denons for a simple setup in an off room, but not for big sound and equipment. The Marantz receivers I had crapped out on me. They deteriorate. I had a B&K amp do the same, although the separate amp is still going strong for me.

I liked the sound of my Integra 80.3 better than Denon/Marantz, but it tended to pop and click a bit much. When I bought the Anthem AVM60 next, it was a huge improvement. It's just simply accurate and detailed with great clarity in dialogue, and it handles everything so easily. Genesis has made it even better.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #7338 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1636 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
have you tried the 1120 without the Emotiva?
Nope

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820
Triple black velvet bat cave
post #7339 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_raman View Post
I had to try few times for Genesis to recognize my mic on a mac. My surrounds were all like -1 but its the SUB that got me. Will be interesting to see if there was any difference if you dont vary mic height...Keep us posted. I might try it as well sometime this week.
I think I figured out why my subs were set so much lower when I ran Genesis. Quite possibly user error. My Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X sub has a Listening Mode setting that you can change through the bluetooth app. Normally when I run ARC on my AVM 60, I have the sub set to "Music", which is the more accurate, balanced setting. I noticed last night that it was set to "Movie", which is the more aggressive setting and allows for more distortion. I'm guessing that threw things out of whack. Tonight I will rerun Genesis making sure the sub is set to "Music" mode.

Because I'm running two, non-matching subs (the other is an older Velodyne DD15), I usually EQ each sub separately to as flat as I can get it, then I let ARC smooth out whatever is remaining when the two are active together. I think having Movie mode set on the ML was enough to throw off Genesis so that it lowered the overall sub gain and probably did something funky with the EQ curve that also impacted the Velodyne. I suspect ARC2 probably would have done the same.

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVR 60 | 5.2.4 Config: MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL X FL/FR, ESL C Center, Motion LX16 Surrounds, Motion 4i Atmos | Subs: Velodyne DD-15, Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x | Amplification: Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 FL/C/FR, Emotiva A-700 Surrounds and Atmos

post #7340 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:

thanks
my first home theater i was running paradigm monitor v5/v6 with a yamaha receiver.
i had a lexicon dc-2 donated to me which i had paired with an external outlaw 7125 amp - but in 2012 i swapped it out with a denon 4520ci to take advantage of some of the newer sound formats.

To be honest i was not blown away with the denon like i was expecting considering it was a flagship receiver at the time. Things got better however when I paired the outlaw amp with it.

My anthem 1120 runs circles around that denon. It just brought my speakers alive. In fact i sold my outlaw amp and im just using the internal amplification on the unit.

Ive since replaced my monitors with prestige series, and for the first time in a very long time, i no longer suffer from upgrade-itis.
post #7341 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Anther thing that seems to be affecting this is my new Anthem MCA525 amp. I get much louder test signals in the five channels (225 watts x 5) that it's connected to versus the other six channels, which are connected to a B&K 125Wx7 amp.

With Arc-2 before, the test signals sounded the same even though 7 channels were connected to the 125W B&K amp, and the others were connected to a NAD 35Wx4 amp.

Hmmm, interesting.

My five main channels are very similar speakers, powered by an MCA50 Anthem amp.
The two heights are in ceiling and have always been bright but seem brighter - they are the only speakers powered by my MRX720 (as speakers 6 and 7).

That said, I could care less about what is happening with those two speakers - they do very little in my system,

Dr Spock would say that this is not logical though - the microphone that is hearing the sweeps doesn't know which speakers are powered by which amplifier. So, it can't discriminate in the way we are conjecturing.

Benje
post #7342 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Genesis is installed and ran. No problem with the mic.
I'm experiencing the same things others are. Had to turn the subs down , Genesis complained they were too loud. And it definitely made the front stage hotter than it was before. And it actually turned my rear surrounds down. Over head atmos was turned up. Overall sound.. more definition for sure. Watched a few movies, everything sounds better(it sounded great before). I'm still going to play around with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #7343 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benje2 View Post
Quote:

Hmmm, interesting.

My five main channels are very similar speakers, powered by an MCA50 Anthem amp.
The two heights are in ceiling and have always been bright but seem brighter - they are the only speakers powered by my MRX720 (as speakers 6 and 7).

That said, I could care less about what is happening with those two speakers - they do very little in my system,

Dr Spock would say that this is not logical though - the microphone that is hearing the sweeps doesn't know which speakers are powered by which amplifier. So, it can't discriminate in the way we are conjecturing.

Benje
I had to physically cover my ears for the sweeps in the Anthem amp, then I didn't for the other six channels.

Not sure what is going on. They shouldn't be different.

post #7344 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 05:09 PM

Think I'm having an issue with play-fi . Let me rephrase, I know I am. Since the genesis update that I did last Saturday, now I had to setup my play-fi devices again. No biggie, but here's what I'm experiencing.. distortion. Doesn't matter if I use the music on my phone on the sd card, or if I stream Amazon music, it's distorted, even with the receiver at lower volume.
Here's where it gets interesting, my mrx-720 ,I recalibrated with genesis.
The paradigm pw800 in our bathroom, I have not ran genesis on yet.
The mrx-720 play- fi= distortion.
The Paradigm pw800= no distortion.
Can some one who has ran genesis, please open your play-fi app and listen to whatever and give me your opinion please? Thanks!

post #7345 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I had to physically cover my ears for the sweeps in the Anthem amp, then I didn't for the other six channels.

Not sure what is going on. They shouldn't be different.
Are you by any chance running a mix of XLR and RCA connections? There is a 6dB difference in output gain between the 2. I'm running my front LCR via XLR and all other 6 channels via RCA and there is a very noticeable volume difference between them when running the sweeps. Was the same for me for both ARC and Genesis.

post #7346 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
ARC Genesis

So bit the bullet, and did the Genesis calibration today and I got some very odd results. Or at least to me they seem very odd.

I have Paradigm Premier 800F towers connected to the MRX 720 and for my center I have a monitor v7. Interesingly enough when I run Genesis in auto mode, it calculate the cutoff for my towers at 180HZ, yet for the center (and my atmos ceiling speakers) it has it at 80HZ. I am wondering for those that are finding that it is leaving a hollow/thin sound, is the auto calibration doing the same. I also have seen in the bass management setup menu, that the subwoofer LPF for LFE is set to 120HZ.

I have since ran other target profiles setting the crossover at 80/60/40HZ for the fronts, and to my ears, it is considerably more full sounding. Does it make sense that the initial auto settings would be finding the towers at a 180HZ crossover?
post #7347 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloact View Post
Think I'm having an issue with play-fi . Let me rephrase, I know I am. Since the genesis update that I did last Saturday, now I had to setup my play-fi devices again. No biggie, but here's what I'm experiencing.. distortion. Doesn't matter if I use the music on my phone on the sd card, or if I stream Amazon music, it's distorted, even with the receiver at lower volume.
Here's where it gets interesting, my mrx-720 ,I recalibrated with genesis.
The paradigm pw800 in our bathroom, I have not ran genesis on yet.
The mrx-720 play- fi= distortion.
The Paradigm pw800= no distortion.
Can some one who has ran genesis, please open your play-fi app and listen to whatever and give me your opinion please? Thanks!

Very strange. I've uploaded Genesis calibration files about 4 now times on my AVM 60 and didn't have to set up my play-fi device again. Audio sounds fine streaming FLAC files stored on my Galaxy S9+.

Have you tried doing a soft reboot of your 720 to see if that helps? There is an option in Genesis to remove all uploaded calibrations. It would interesting to see what happens if you do that and then try play-fi again without any calibration loaded.

post #7348 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Very strange. I've uploaded Genesis calibration files about 4 now times on my AVM 60 and didn't have to set up my play-fi device again. Audio sounds fine streaming FLAC files stored on my Galaxy S9+.

Have you tried doing a soft reboot of your 720 to see if that helps? There is an option in Genesis to remove all uploaded calibrations. It would interesting to see what happens if you do that and then try play-fi again without any calibration loaded.
No I don't believe I've tried a soft reboot. Basically ran the calibration Saturday, watched a couple movies, everything seemed on par, although noticing it did increase the levels of my front stage, thought all was good.
Today after work, thought I'd listen to some music using play fi, and here we are, issues. I'm using htm-12's as LCR, and volt 6's for rear surround and atmos. The horns in the htm-12's reveals the distortion easily.

post #7349 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 07:28 PM

I am having issues with play-fi in critical listening mode on qobuz. If I stream music thats 192 quality I get alot of drop outs.

post #7350 of 8053 Old 05-06-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Some subwoofer oddities with Genesis:

1. With ARC-2 dual subs, we were to quick measure them to 72 dB individually, then when both subs were powered on, they would combine to quick measure to 77-78 dB. When I do this with Genesis, then turn on both subs, I don't get that increase of dB. It just stays at 72 dB combined.

2. In fact, when I first Quick Measured, I was only getting 66 dB individually. They were set to ARC-2, which read them as 72 dB each. So the quick measure is measuring very differently. (I did just get a new Anthem amp, but I don't know why that would make a difference.)

3. After running Genesis, it set my subwoofer level to 0 on the computer. However, on the Anthem 60 menu, it shows as +2. Why would this be different?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
24bit/192kHz , 24bit/96khz , Anthem , anthem mrx720 , anthem triad in-wall subwoofer , atmos , firetv , hi res audio , mrx 1120 mrx 720 mrx 520 , MRX720 , [email protected] , Xbox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page