Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers - Page 254 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13155Likes

post #7591 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post
That won’t work. I think you can’t do that to a DTS signal. And that’s what the signal is from consoles.
This might be of help. Its on page 25 from anthem site for the manual : https://www.anthemav.com/downloads/a...ish-manual.pdf

Sound like Non Direct is what you are looking for?

DTS Neural:X uses all speakers in a DTS:X system for an immersive audio experience,
creating separation by placing sounds at different points in the sound field. This mode does
not apply to DTS:X Master Audio, DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby Digital
Plus sources. When the source is a DTS stream, Direct mode plays the audio channels as
they were recorded, whereas Non-Direct mode adapts the audio to your speaker layout if it
is different from the content creator’s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7592 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Those of you using Atmos modules that bounce off the ceiling-how well does this work and will a ceiling fan be an issue for the bounce?

If it works well, that would factor into my thoughts of possibly jumping from MRX510 to MRX720 during the 20% off promo.
How well they will work really depends on your room. Are they as good as in ceiling Atmos speakers? No, but in the right environment and set up properly, they can work quite well. The recommendation for the modules I'm using (and this would apply to most, if not all, others as well) is to have a flat ceiling with an ideal height between 7.5 and 12 feet and the ability to place the modules 5 feet or more away from the listening position in order to minimize proximity effects. You'd want a hard, untreated ceiling surface, meaning no drop ceilings and no sound treatments at the reflection points.

In order of preference for Atmos speaker type, I would rank them: 1. in-ceiling, 2. front on-wall, 3. Atmos upfiring modules. For me, 1 and 2 weren't really an option, so the upfiring modules was it. I'm happy with them. If you have the right room parameters, I think they can work well.

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVR 60 | 5.2.4 Config: MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL X FL/FR, ESL C Center, Motion LX16 Surrounds, Motion 4i Atmos | Subs: Velodyne DD-15, Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x | Amplification: Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 FL/C/FR, Emotiva A-700 Surrounds and Atmos

Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #7593 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post

In order of preference for Atmos speaker type, I would rank them: 1. in-ceiling, 2. front on-wall, 3. Atmos upfiring modules. For me, 1 and 2 weren't really an option, so the upfiring modules was it. I'm happy with them. If you have the right room parameters, I think they can work well.
My personal ranking of height speaker configurations would put on-wall ahead of ceiling because they can be directed at the MLP for optimum performance via articulated brackets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7594 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
Quote:
How well they will work really depends on your room. Are they as good as in ceiling Atmos speakers? No, but in the right environment and set up properly, they can work quite well. The recommendation for the modules I'm using (and this would apply to most, if not all, others as well) is to have a flat ceiling with an ideal height between 7.5 and 12 feet and the ability to place the modules 5 feet or more away from the listening position in order to minimize proximity effects. You'd want a hard, untreated ceiling surface, meaning no drop ceilings and no sound treatments at the reflection points.

Room is 14' deep, 12' wide. Ceiling is 7.5 drywall.

The ceiling fan is what I am thinking may hinder the bounce and it is on all summer (slow but on). The modules would be on top of the R/L speakers that are beside the 50" plasma
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	room.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	2569614  
post #7595 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
I forget where I read it, but the recommendation was to calculate the distance value for the Atmos modules as the sum of the distance from the speaker to the bounce point on the ceiling + the distance from the ceiling bounce point to the listening position. The trick is using the correct angles, which I'll admit I just eyeballed. For me, that worked out to be around 15' in a smaller room with 7' 6" ceilings.

My earlier comment about really needing to crank up my Atmos modules came from a somewhat unique situation. I was using the XLR outs for my front LCR into an Emotiva XPA-3 and then the RCA outs for the Atmos channels into a much less powerful Emotiva A-700. There was such a huge output gain difference between the balanced and unbalanced outputs that I just could not jack up the Atmos high enough to compete with the front stage. I have just recently solved that issue by going to all unbalanced connections. The output gains of my amps are now much more closely matched and I have a lot more headroom left in the Atmos channels. I still think they need to go up in level a bit more over where ARC set them, but haven't had time to play around much since redoing the interconnects and rerunning ARC. I remember reading somewhere, either in this thread or the AVM 60 thread, a recommendation to bump up the level of Atmos bounce modules by 5 dB over what ARC set. Not sure if this is still needed now with Genesis. I'm still running ARC 2.
Ok that is correct. But Genesis makes a huge difference in how the Atmos speakers sound! I have been rewatching movies and the effect is 50% better! Highly recommended!

Regards
Jeff
post #7596 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
Ok that is correct. But Genesis makes a huge difference in how the Atmos speakers sound! I have been rewatching movies and the effect is 50% better! Highly recommended!

Regards
Jeff
Thanks. I will give Genesis another try. I did try it right after the initial release and was not happy with the sound. But it was Genesis, actually, that really highlighted the big gain imbalance between the mixed bag of balanced and unbalanced outputs I was using from my AVM 60 to my amps. That prompted me to order up some new Blue Jeans Cables and switch everything over to unbalanced. I also believe Genesis highlighted the phasing issues in my system caused by the non-traditional XLR configuration that Emotiva uses with pin #3 hot instead of pin #2 hot like most everybody else. With both of those issues now resolved and my system sounding better than ever with ARC 2, I'm anxious to give Genesis another try and see if I can finally experience the same night and day differences others have reported.
Norris Kasey likes this.

Pre/Pro: Anthem AVR 60 | 5.2.4 Config: MartinLogan ElectroMotion ESL X FL/FR, ESL C Center, Motion LX16 Surrounds, Motion 4i Atmos | Subs: Velodyne DD-15, Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x | Amplification: Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 FL/C/FR, Emotiva A-700 Surrounds and Atmos

Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #7597 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I have a set of emotiva XLR's that I have not used should I not use them?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #7598 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Anybody try the new Genesis beta? I haven't had the chance.

https://www.anthemarc.com/downloads/beta.php

Version 1.1.0.8908:
- added support for many older Paradigm Subwoofers (8872): DSP-3100, DSP-3200, DSP-3400, Signature SUB 25, Monitor SUB 10, Monitor SUB 12, Monitor SUB 8, SE Sub, SUB 1, SUB 2, SUB 12, SUB 15, UltraCube 10, UltraCube 12, X-300
- MacOS: fixed an issue where microphones with serial number less than roughly 308000 would incorrectly measure at the maximum microphone volume (1410)
- fixed issue where ARC Genesis would measure 3 dB lower than ARC2 (1410)
- fixed an issue where ARC Genesis would not release exclusive control when leaving quick measure (1376)
- fixed an issue where ARC would claim to have downloaded the microphone calibration file, but it actully failed. (1405)
- MacOS: minor correctness fix in the face of errors when enumerating usb devices (650 and 800)
- MacOS: improved robustness of USB device support (650 and 800)
- fixed clicking cancel in the open file screen causes the app to crash (1392)
- fixed Tilt Start Frequency displays incorrect information in the PDF report (1418)
- fixed an app crash that occured if you clicked 'cancel' after getting communication errors durring the connecting screen (1424)
- fixed issue where app could crash after audio errors during measurment and the user went back to the home screen (1331)
- fixed an issue where scrollbars where not always showing in dropdowns (1411)
- fixed an issue where the 'Resume' was displayed instead of 'Start' in the measurement screen (1370)
- fixed typo correction "Currected" to "Corrected" (1409)
- added a loading indicator for quick measure initialization & removed visiblitly of unused graph title (1383)
- increased visibility of no microphone message
- info popup centered below info icon
- open file screen clears previous device image (1393)
- back button from mic selection screen returns to configure screen (1372)
- red error text fix for measurement screen
- fixed possible clipping in MRX x10/x20 when ARC is turned on (content dependent) (1415)
desray2k and GeekWave like this.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #7599 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post

Version 1.1.0.8908:
- added support for many older Paradigm Subwoofers (8872): DSP-3100, DSP-3200, DSP-3400, Signature SUB 25, Monitor SUB 10, Monitor SUB 12, Monitor SUB 8, SE Sub, SUB 1, SUB 2, SUB 12, SUB 15, UltraCube 10, UltraCube 12, X-300
- MacOS: fixed an issue where microphones with serial number less than roughly 308000 would incorrectly measure at the maximum microphone volume (1410)
- fixed an issue where ARC Genesis would not release exclusive control when leaving quick measure (1376)
- fixed an issue where ARC would claim to have downloaded the microphone calibration file, but it actully failed. (1405)
- MacOS: minor correctness fix in the face of errors when enumerating usb devices (650 and 800)
- fixed Tilt Start Frequency displays incorrect information in the PDF report (1418)
- fixed an app crash that occured if you clicked 'cancel' after getting communication errors durring the connecting screen (1424)
- fixed issue where app could crash after audio errors during measurment and the user went back to the home screen (1331)
- fixed an issue where the 'Resume' was displayed instead of 'Start' in the measurement screen (1370)
- added a loading indicator for quick measure initialization & removed visiblitly of unused graph title (1383)
- fixed possible clipping in MRX x10/x20 when ARC is turned on (content dependent) (1415)

I just ran a calibration with the beta version.

Now I did make one other change from the last version, I added a separate amp for 7 of my speakers (McIntosh 8207) connected via RCA -> XLR (I know, I know.. it's no longer balanced but I don't have an AVM60...) Unfortunately, changing the amp makes it hard to judge whether the calibration or the amp made a bigger difference. Net result is pretty good so far, but I'm still going through my standard 2ch regiment of listening tests.

Everything on that amp is pushed +9 - +12 whereas everything on the main amp is pushed +2 - +4.
Are the pre-amp levels on the MRX1120 that much lower than the internal amp?

I didn't have any real issues with the calibration other than it wanted me to turn down the subs on both of my T1s (which were set to 11-oclock instead of the default 12) and then it still turned them down 3db.

Speakers: Fronts: Triton One | Center: Supercenter XL | Surrounds: SuperSat 50 | Rear Surrounds: Invisa HTR 7000 | Atmos: 4x Invisa 650
Receiver: Anthem MRX 1120 | Electronics: XBOX One X, PS4 Pro, Roku Ultra, Chromecast Ultra | Power Management: Panamax M5400-PM
Projector: JVC DLA-NX9 | Screen: Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro 135"
post #7600 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 2928 Post(s)
Liked: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post
I can’t get sound from my center channel when watching amazon Prime or Netflix. I watch Cool hand Luke on Netflix and my 720 says the input is 3/2. DTS. It outputs the same. Only get stereo sound. Same with Prime watching say Beverly Hillbillies show and some other shows.

The Xbox one x is set for output bitstream. Bitstream DTS. USing the mode button on remote and when I change to anything there’s still no sound from the center. Dolby surround. No center sound.
Cool Hand Luke and Hillbillies are streamed as stereo, and most likely in some form of AAC. In my Roku, the audio is decoded to 2.0 PCM and output that way on HDMI. In other programs with 5.1 the DD or DD+ audio streams in native format.

I suspect the X-Box does not handle stereo properly -- it packs L/R into a 5.1 container. There's ample evidence of that on the internet. The AVR cannot process it to extract a center channel. If you can force the X-Box to output stereo, then the AVR will upmix it. Problem is then the 5.1 programs will be in stereo, too.

Quote:
I know Beverly Hillbillies is old and is mono. But no matter what I should be able to get sound from the center. How is it possible some content refuses and no matter what you do on the receiver don’t matter?
Even though Hillbillies was mono, it is treated as stereo (dual mono) as far as the audio codec is concerned.
bigdogaxis likes this.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win7 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #7601 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Front HDMI Input

Just tried for the first time the front HDMI input on my 720.
After doing the setup I'm still not able to get anything!
I tested my cable directly to the TV and the source (Sony PS3) is working fine.
Can I use the front input when all the 7 other are used, or I have a defective unit?
Thanks

Sony XBR-75X940E - Anthem MRX 720 - Front Left & Right B&W CM2 - Center B&W CMC - Surround B&W DM600 S3 - Sub B&W ASW675 - Front Elevation Left & Right Klipsch R-41SA Oppo BDP-83 - Microsoft XBox One X and 360 - Sony PS3 and PS4 Pro - Apple TV 4K - Cisco Explorer 8642HD - Apple Mac Mini - Synology DS1812+ - Nvidia Shield TV Pro - Nintendo Wii - Logitech Harmony Elite - Sennheiser HDR 146 - TechCraft Xii60W
post #7602 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Uh oh.

I was running sweeps in my 3rd position, and suddenly, one of my front right speaker had a very different sound. The chart measurement just nosedived at 5khZ. it didn't do that the first two positions of measurements.

I shut it down and tried to run it again, but I'm still getting that nosedive at 5 kHz and different sweep sound.

Did I just blow a speaker?

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #7603 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephane Bastien View Post
Just tried for the first time the front HDMI input on my 720.
After doing the setup I'm still not able to get anything!
I tested my cable directly to the TV and the source (Sony PS3) is working fine.
Can I use the front input when all the 7 other are used, or I have a defective unit?
Thanks
The front port is not standard HDMI, but MHL, I guess only for mobile phones, sticks, and whatnot.
https://electronics.howstuffworks.co...ing-stick3.htm

Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs

Last edited by Roger Dressler; 05-21-2019 at 07:03 PM.
post #7604 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
The front port is not standard HDMI, but MHL, I guess only for mobile phones, sticks, and whatnot.

Thanks! Make sense why it doesn't work.

Sony XBR-75X940E - Anthem MRX 720 - Front Left & Right B&W CM2 - Center B&W CMC - Surround B&W DM600 S3 - Sub B&W ASW675 - Front Elevation Left & Right Klipsch R-41SA Oppo BDP-83 - Microsoft XBox One X and 360 - Sony PS3 and PS4 Pro - Apple TV 4K - Cisco Explorer 8642HD - Apple Mac Mini - Synology DS1812+ - Nvidia Shield TV Pro - Nintendo Wii - Logitech Harmony Elite - Sennheiser HDR 146 - TechCraft Xii60W
post #7605 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Uh oh.

I was running sweeps in my 3rd position, and suddenly, one of my front right speaker had a very different sound. The chart measurement just nosedived at 5khZ. it didn't do that the first two positions of measurements.

I shut it down and tried to run it again, but I'm still getting that nosedive at 5 kHz and different sweep sound.

Swap the amp driving that speaker with another. Does the problem stay with the speaker? If so, it is the speaker.

post #7606 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Uh oh.

Swap the amp driving that speaker with another. Does the problem stay with the speaker? If so, it is the speaker.
I think I did.

I've worried about that with Genesis. Why are the sweeps so uncomfortably loud?

I also just got an Anthem MCA525, which could be contributing. Its sweeps are louder than those from the B&K for the rears and heights.

post #7607 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

I use my 3rd HDMI input on my 720 with Fire TV and it works fine. Should I use the front or rear MHL HDMI?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #7608 of 8072 Old 05-21-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Kasey View Post
I use my 3rd HDMI input on my 720 with Fire TV and it works fine. Should I use the front or rear MHL HDMI?
No.

post #7609 of 8072 Old 05-22-2019, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Anthem Tech conversation.

I was looking for information about how best to connect my MRX 720 if I purchase the MCA 525 power amp. The 720 puts out 140 WPC for the R, C, L RS and LS speakers, but only 60 WPC for the Back speakers that I use to power my 2 Kef Atmos Q50a speakers. The MCA 525 has speakers posts labeled R, RS, C, LS and L. My questions was I could I connect the Back pre out on the 720 to the RS and LS on the 525. I would not connect the surround speakers to the 525, but continue to let the 720 power these 2 speakers. The answer was yes and that you will accomplish the following:

The MCA pumps out 205 WPC with all five channels driven, and the MRX pumps out between 160-170 WPC with only 2 channels driven. This would give me the following:

R, C, L and Atmos speakers would have 205 WPC
RS and LS speakers would have between and 160-170 WPC.

Next call to KEF to see if that was too much power for the Q50A speakers, which are rated between 10-100 watts. Their tech suggested not to exceed 50% of the rated wattage, or 150 WPC. This makes sense, but, when I asked him about seeing speakers demoed or real home theater setups, many were using power amps well in excess of the 50% threshold. Anthem stated the under powering the speakers would cause more damage.

Based on this info, I called Crutchfield and ordered the MCA 525. It is on back order but should be here the first week of June.
post #7610 of 8072 Old 05-22-2019, 02:40 PM
NMG

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

I was looking for information about how best to connect my MRX 720 if I purchase the MCA 525 power amp. The 720 puts out 140 WPC for the R, C, L RS and LS speakers, but only 60 WPC for the Back speakers that I use to power my 2 Kef Atmos Q50a speakers. The MCA 525 has speakers posts labeled R, RS, C, LS and L. My questions was I could I connect the Back pre out on the 720 to the RS and LS on the 525. I would not connect the surround speakers to the 525, but continue to let the 720 power these 2 speakers. The answer was yes and that you will accomplish the following:

The MCA pumps out 205 WPC with all five channels driven, and the MRX pumps out between 160-170 WPC with only 2 channels driven. This would give me the following:

Next call to KEF to see if that was too much power for the Q50A speakers, which are rated between 10-100 watts. Their tech suggested not to exceed 50% of the rated wattage, or 150 WPC. This makes sense, but, when I asked him about seeing speakers demoed or real home theater setups, many were using power amps well in excess of the 50% threshold. Anthem stated the under powering the speakers would cause more damage.

Based on this info, I called Crutchfield and ordered the MCA 525. It is on back order but should be here the first week of June.
You should be fine as long as you recognize that you'll have enough clean power on tap to destroy your speakers if you choose to drive them beyond their capability. Your R, C and L will likely handle more power than your Atmos speakers, so it's possible that they would be fine for a given volume while your Atmos speakers are getting damaged. Be careful with the volume is all.
post #7611 of 8072 Old 05-22-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG View Post
You should be fine as long as you recognize that you'll have enough clean power on tap to destroy your speakers if you choose to drive them beyond their capability. Your R, C and L will likely handle more power than your Atmos speakers, so it's possible that they would be fine for a given volume while your Atmos speakers are getting damaged. Be careful with the volume is all.
Thanks. I don't go crazy with volumes any longer!
post #7612 of 8072 Old 05-22-2019, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. I don't go crazy with volumes any longer!
Just set an appropriate max volume for your 720.
bigdogaxis likes this.

post #7613 of 8072 Old 05-22-2019, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

For Genesis, what's the difference between increasing room gain or increasing bass boost? And what is tilt?

post #7614 of 8072 Old 05-22-2019, 10:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:

Version 1.1.0.8908:

Yeah I ran it straight up on the weekend on my first run at Genesis. Very impressed by whole experience, totally polished interface , very easy to navigate. Have to say I really liked the results. I created a couple of profiles where I experimented with taking out Room Gain and adding deep bass, but in all honestly I was happy with what was generated by Genesis itself. Everything sounds really nicely balanced. I felt surround was more enveloping than before, even more precise time positioning. All in all very pleased with Genesis on the MRX-1120.
post #7615 of 8072 Old 05-23-2019, 02:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
For Genesis, what's the difference between increasing room gain or increasing bass boost? And what is tilt?
Room gain affects both subwoofer(s) and speakers.
Bass boost affects only subwoofer(s).
Tilt affects the slope / roll-off on the upper frequencies.

Try it and observe the effects on the System-Wide Target graph.

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
post #7616 of 8072 Old 05-23-2019, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:

It’ not really clear to me whether or not you’re going to connect your LCR to the MCA 525. Just a clarification though the mrx does not output 160-170 wpc. Its rated power of 140 wpc is for two channels driven at 1% THD.
Sound and vision measured the power output at 135.5 woc with two channels driven at 0.1% THD and 70.5 wpc with 5 channels driven.

Getting a 5 channel amp would benefit you more IMO if you hook your LCR to it and use it to power an extra pair of atmos speakers if you have them or plan to upgrade and leave the surrounds to be powered by the mrx. The 205 wpc for 5 channels driven would give you a lot of improvement to the 70.5 wpc that the mrx outputs, and even to the 135 wpc if you’re planning on using the mrx to power the left and right speakers only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7617 of 8072 Old 05-23-2019, 06:09 AM

Sorry for the lack of clarity but all 5 front speakers(L,C,R,Ax2) will be powered by MCA 525. The MRX 720 will provide power to the surrounds and nothing else.

Hugh
post #7618 of 8072 Old 05-23-2019, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Just set an appropriate max volume for your 720.
This is excellent advice because that one time you are away on a trip and the kids/family take your rig out for a spin...BOOM!

My equipment: JVC RS-55, SI Performance 120" 1.3 gain, OPPO BDP-105, ANTHEM MRX-1120, QNAP 469L NAS, ROKU 4.
MartinLogan speakers and subs. M/ASlim5 Rack, CalMAN 5 Enthusiast/C6 meter.
post #7619 of 8072 Old 05-23-2019, 07:25 AM

No kids, no wifey, no problems BOOM!
seplant likes this.
post #7620 of 8072 Old 05-23-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
Yeah I ran it straight up on the weekend on my first run at Genesis. Very impressed by whole experience, totally polished interface , very easy to navigate. Have to say I really liked the results. I created a couple of profiles where I experimented with taking out Room Gain and adding deep bass, but in all honestly I was happy with what was generated by Genesis itself. Everything sounds really nicely balanced. I felt surround was more enveloping than before, even more precise time positioning. All in all very pleased with Genesis on the MRX-1120.
Did you run the Genesis on the website or the beta version I linked?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
24bit/192kHz , 24bit/96khz , Anthem , anthem mrx720 , anthem triad in-wall subwoofer , atmos , firetv , hi res audio , mrx 1120 mrx 720 mrx 520 , MRX720 , [email protected] , Xbox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page