Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers - Page 258 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13223Likes

post #7711 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 05:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Thanks Roger, much appreciated

Now that one fire is out, one more popped up if I could bug you guys once more today. I just ran ARC. I was under the impression there were MORE user settings on this thing. All it did was run me through speaker configuration, took a set of measurements, and then that was it. No room gain, no custom curves, no nothing. I couldnt even name the ARC profile.

Is it me?

PS. Even though Im not sure why I can't find all the new settings...this version just transformed my newly converted room in a way that is mind blowing. I only had one sub turned on during calibration (thought I remembered you're only supposed to calibrate one at a time?), but now I dont think I even need the 2nd one. Out of nowhere, the low end is absolutely startling. Amazing software.

Last edited by Summa; 05-30-2019 at 05:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7712 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

Now that one fire is out, one more popped up if I could bug you guys once more today. I just ran ARC. I was under the impression there were MORE user settings on this thing. All it did was run me through speaker configuration, took a set of measurements, and then that was it. No room gain, no custom curves, no nothing. I couldnt even name the ARC profile.

Is it me?

PS. Even though Im not sure why I can't find all the new settings...this version just transformed my newly converted room in a way that is mind blowing. I only had one sub turned on during calibration (thought I remembered you're only supposed to calibrate one at a time?), but now I dont think I even need the 2nd one. Out of nowhere, the low end is absolutely startling. Amazing software.
I think you chose auto instead of professional as your calibration mode. There are new adjustments, including some that I'm still trying to understand.
Summa likes this.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #7713 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

Is it me?

When you first launch Genesis, at the top menu bar (ARC, File, Help), click "ARC", then click "Preferences" from the drop down menu. The first option in the next list allows Auto or Professional. After you select Professional, Genesis will now open in Pro mode each time it's launched.
Summa likes this.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7714 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittermidget View Post
When you first launch Genesis, at the top menu bar (ARC, File, Help), click "ARC", then click "Preferences" from the drop down menu. The first option in the next list allows Auto or Professional. After you select Professional, Genesis will now open in Pro mode each time it's launched.
Just to be clear, I believe you also need to close Genesis after selecting professional mode. Then when you relaunch it, it will present itself in professional mode.
Summa likes this.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #7715 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers

I’ve been out of town and have not had time to run Genesis via MacBook Pro and curious if there have been any hiccups using Mac OS X?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-205, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro

Last edited by mbroadus; 05-30-2019 at 05:07 PM.
post #7716 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Anthem’s ARC Genesis and MiniDSP 2x4HD issues?

Anyone try tuning multiple subwoofers that aren’t equidistant from the main listener with the new ARC Genesis software while also using a MiniDSP 2x4HD? The main purpose for using the MiniDSP being that it can allow independent time delay controls for more than one subwoofer and also allow parametric equalization (PEQ) to flatten bass response.

The big issue with using ARC-2 to tune my subs was that the corrected graph showed that ARC had flattened the bass response. But when I pulled up my mic and REW to measure the actual bass frequency it was anything but flat, unlike what ARC-2 showed!

Anyone have insight on the proper way to combine ARC and a MiniDSP? Has ARC Genesis improved on calibrating multiple subs? Lastly, if one wants to run PEQ’s through their MiniDSP is ARC run before or afterwards? TIA.

Speakers: KEF R300 (R,L), KEF R600C (C), JBL 306p mkII (Surrounds), KEF Ci160QR (In-Ceiling) Subs: JTR Captivator S1 x2 Processor/Amps: Anthem AVM60, ATI AT4003, Rotel RB985 mkII Misc: ATV 4k, Sony PS4, Samsung K8500, MiniDSP 2x4HD Video: BenQ HT2050, 100” Screen Room: 2500 cu sq. ft. sealed on suspended floor
post #7717 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by leehan76 View Post
Anyone try tuning multiple subwoofers that aren’t equidistant from the main listener with the new ARC Genesis software while also using a MiniDSP 2x4HD? The main purpose for using the MiniDSP being that it can allow independent time delay controls for more than one subwoofer and also allow parametric equalization (PEQ) to flatten bass response.

The big issue with using ARC-2 to tune my subs was that the corrected graph showed that ARC had flattened the bass response. But when I pulled up my mic and REW to measure the actual bass frequency it was anything but flat, unlike what ARC-2 showed!

Anyone have insight on the proper way to combine ARC and a MiniDSP? Has ARC Genesis improved on calibrating multiple subs? Lastly, if one wants to run PEQ’s through their MiniDSP is ARC run before or afterwards? TIA.
I use the miniDSP 2x4HD and dual subs with ARC Genesis and used it with ARC-2 before Genesis as well and have always found that REW shows the response all over the place after ARC probably because I'm measuring the sub and all speakers with REW and ARC is only measuring the sub by itself.

I use a house curve so I have to run ARC first and then REW and then upload to the miniDSP 2x4 HD. If I run ARC after REW and the miniDSP ARC will just flatten my house curve so I never run ARC after uploading to the miniDSP.

It sounds like you aren't doing a house curve so just do what Anthem says which is ARC first with all EQ-ing disabled, then enable EQ and then ARC again. So for you ARC first (make sure miniDSP EQ filters are flat), then REW, then upload to miniDSP, then ARC again.

Check out Anthems recommendation: https://www.anthemarc.com/arc-genesis/users-guide.php

Quote:
If the sub’s EQ is not ARC or PBK based, it is usually best to disable the subwoofer’s EQ before running ARC. When using ARC Genesis to correct the entire system with your Anthem receiver or preamp, if the resulting target curves and calculated curves in the room correction software resemble each other, there is typically no reason to use the sub’s EQ. If the two curves differ significantly through a wide range (meaning the room correction software was not able to make the subwoofer fully match the target curve), enable the sub’s EQ and rerun ARC to see if it helps.
leehan76 likes this.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #7718 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
I use the miniDSP 2x4HD and dual subs with ARC Genesis and used it with ARC-2 before Genesis as well and have always found that REW shows the response all over the place after ARC probably because I'm measuring the sub and all speakers with REW and ARC is only measuring the sub by itself.

I use a house curve so I have to run ARC first and then REW and then upload to the miniDSP 2x4 HD. If I run ARC after REW and the miniDSP ARC will just flatten my house curve so I never run ARC after uploading to the miniDSP.

It sounds like you aren't doing a house curve so just do what Anthem says which is ARC first with all EQ-ing disabled, then enable EQ and then ARC again. So for you ARC first (make sure miniDSP EQ filters are flat), then REW, then upload to miniDSP, then ARC again.

Check out Anthems recommendation: https://www.anthemarc.com/arc-genesis/users-guide.php
My results as shown in REW have always shown ARC reducing my 2 subs’ output big time. That’s why it makes sense to me to try running ARC before adding PEQ’s to the MiniDSP. You’re right that I don’t have a house curve, but manually entered PEQ’s via REW onto MiniDSP. It makes sense to “make sure MiniDSP EQ filters are flat” before running ARC so that bass won’t get flattened excessively. By flat do I also need to remove the time delay settings in my MiniDSP or just the PEQ settings? Lastly, is it possible to run ARC again a second time (after REW) as you mentioned, or am I missing something here?

Speakers: KEF R300 (R,L), KEF R600C (C), JBL 306p mkII (Surrounds), KEF Ci160QR (In-Ceiling) Subs: JTR Captivator S1 x2 Processor/Amps: Anthem AVM60, ATI AT4003, Rotel RB985 mkII Misc: ATV 4k, Sony PS4, Samsung K8500, MiniDSP 2x4HD Video: BenQ HT2050, 100” Screen Room: 2500 cu sq. ft. sealed on suspended floor
post #7719 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 2973 Post(s)
Liked: 1733
Quote:
If by house curve you mean a rise in level as frequency drops, have you tried goosing the Deep Bass Boost control? I use 5 dB which produces a rise in the shape to match the curve I have with the MiniDSP (which is still there). It's adjustable.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"

Last edited by Roger Dressler; 05-30-2019 at 09:47 PM.
post #7720 of 8315 Old 05-30-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
If by house curve you mean a rise in level as frequency drops, have you tried goosing the Deep Bass Boost control? I use 5 dB which produces a rise in the shape to match the curve I has with the MiniDSP (which is still there). It's adjustable.
Deep Bass Boost you say? Now we’re talking. I haven’t dived into ARC Genesis yet but it seems like an improvement over ARC-2 in customizability? Neat stuff

post #7721 of 8315 Old 05-31-2019, 08:07 AM
WLC

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Multiple subs with Genesis

Quote:

I have attached graph of REW with 4 subs with ARC2 and Genesis. 4 subs are not equidistant. Only level matched and adjusted phase before running ARC2 and Genesis. Afterwards, using REW, changed sub distance to 22ft rather than the actual average of 12 ft. for flattest fr. Despite the graphs looking almost identical, the difference in bass quality is remarkable. In all my years of having surround sound, have never achieved such a textured, detailed bass response.
Although I have added a bass boost of 6 starting at 40hz, I did not include this change in the graphs I am posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Genesis Vs ARC2 Subs.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	2574130  
leehan76 likes this.
post #7722 of 8315 Old 05-31-2019, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My results as shown in REW have always shown ARC reducing my 2 subs’ output big time. That’s why it makes sense to me to try running ARC before adding PEQ’s to the MiniDSP. You’re right that I don’t have a house curve, but manually entered PEQ’s via REW onto MiniDSP. It makes sense to “make sure MiniDSP EQ filters are flat” before running ARC so that bass won’t get flattened excessively. By flat do I also need to remove the time delay settings in my MiniDSP or just the PEQ settings? Lastly, is it possible to run ARC again a second time (after REW) as you mentioned, or am I missing something here?
I run mine with everything in the miniDSP set as if the miniDSP wasn’t even in the signal path(including any time delay). That way Genesis is run as if I didn’t even have a miniDSP. Anthem is recommending running ARC again after any PEQ so I would give it a try if you want the flatteset response, but it will probably also lower your sub level again too so you may want to see if you like it without running ARC again.
leehan76 likes this.

post #7723 of 8315 Old 05-31-2019, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
If by house curve you mean a rise in level as frequency drops, have you tried goosing the Deep Bass Boost control? I use 5 dB which produces a rise in the shape to match the curve I have with the MiniDSP (which is still there). It's adjustable.
Hi Roger, I've tried the deep basss boost, but the reason I use the miniDSP instead of the deep bass boost to build my house curve is because like "leehan76" if I run REW after Genesis or ARC2 my REW graphs always showed the response was not anywhere close to what ARC2 or Genesis displayed. I think it's because I run REW with my mains+sub and I think ARC2 and Genesis are EQ-ing just the sub in its graph. I really want the smoothest house curve integrated with my mains so I still use REW and the miniDSP instead of the deep bass boost.

post #7724 of 8315 Old 05-31-2019, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLC View Post
Quote:

The big issue with using ARC-2 to tune my subs was that the corrected graph showed that ARC had flattened the bass response. But when I pulled up my mic and REW to measure the actual bass frequency it was anything but flat, unlike what ARC-2 showed! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG]

I have attached graph of REW with 4 subs with ARC2 and Genesis. 4 subs are not equidistant. Only level matched and adjusted phase before running ARC2 and Genesis. Afterwards, using REW, changed sub distance to 22ft rather than the actual average of 12 ft. for flattest fr. Despite the graphs looking almost identical, the difference in bass quality is remarkable. In all my years of having surround sound, have never achieved such a textured, detailed bass response.
Although I have added a bass boost of 6 starting at 40hz, I did not include this change in the graphs I am posting.
You added 10 feet of distance and 6dB of bass boost?

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #7725 of 8315 Old 05-31-2019, 07:55 PM
WLC

Added sub distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
You added 10 feet of distance and 6dB of bass boost?
After running Genesis with sub distance set at 12 which is the average of the 4 sub distances, using REW, I tested every distance from 10 to 25 ft.
22 ft. provided the smoothest fr. I have no idea why.

REW also showed that in my large room in which only the front half is enclosed, I have about 3 db of room gain below 20hz from my sealed subs. Interestingly, that is the amount of room gain that Genesis measured.

The bass boost from 40hz of 6 works great in my large room. My preference might be related to having sealed subs, although they are powerful. I don't know if this addition would work as well with ported.

I'm trying to replicate the house curve I have in my 2.2 stereo system with a minidsp with dirac. Both the stereo and surround have the same front speakers, Aerial Acoustic 10ts.

Last edited by WLC; 06-02-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Wrong number
post #7726 of 8315 Old 06-02-2019, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
I’ve been out of town and have not had time to run Genesis via MacBook Pro and curious if there have been any hiccups using Mac OS X?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Works fine on my 2018 MacBook Air.
mbroadus likes this.
post #7727 of 8315 Old 06-02-2019, 03:04 PM
NMG

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandolph View Post
Works fine on my 2018 MacBook Air.
Worked fine on my MacBook Pro as as well. No error messages.
post #7728 of 8315 Old 06-03-2019, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Genesis house curve VS miniDSP 2x4HD house curve

I've been trying to figure out why I love the house curve with my miniDSP 2x4 HD so much more than using a house curve with Genesis with the Deep Bass Boost combined with the Deep Bass Boost Frequency. I really want to get rid of the miniDSP 2x4 HD and just use Genesis for my house curve. The house curve through Genesis and the miniDSP 2x4 HD achieve the same seat of the pants feeling, but the sound is different. The house curve with the miniDSP sounds so much cleaner and the bass is clearer and uncluttered compared to using Genesis for a house curve. I’ve been trying to figure out why the Genesis house feels the same as the miniDSP house curve but just doesn’t sound nearly as good.

Well just by luck while I was typing up the steps on how to build a house curve in Genesis for a fellow AVS-er I noticed something while going through the steps in Genesis. I noticed in Genesis as I increased the Deep Bass Boost that it not only increases the bass for the sub it also increases the bass for EVERY single speaker in your system so you get a house curve built on every speaker in your system not just the sub. If you set the Deep Bass Boost Frequency to say 50Hz and the Deep Bass Boost to 6dB every speaker gets a house curve from 50Hz downward. Just try it and look at the low end of all your speakers get a house curve.

With the miniDSP house curve it’s only effecting the sub but in Genesis every speaker is getting a house curve so that’s why the Genesis house curve sounds different than the miniDSP house curve. To me the Genies house curve just sounds muddied compared to the the miniDSP house curve but at least now I know why I have to keep my miniDSP.. I want a house curve on my sub not all my speakers.

Also since the Deep Bass Boost and Deep Bass Boost Frequency are on the "System Wide Target" screen for each profile I should have known these settings would effect all speakers not just the sub.
desray2k and leehan76 like this.

Last edited by Legairre; 06-03-2019 at 01:08 PM.
post #7729 of 8315 Old 06-03-2019, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2651 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
I've been trying to figure out why I love the house curve with my miniDSP 2x4 HD so much more than using a house curve with Genesis with the Deep Bass Boost combined with the Deep Bass Boost Frequency. I really want to get rid of the miniDSP 2x4 HD and just use Genesis for my house curve. The house curve through Genesis and the miniDSP 2x4 HD achieve the same seat of the pants feeling, but the sound is different. The house curve with the miniDSP sounds so much cleaner and the bass is clearer and uncluttered compared to using Genesis for a house curve. I’ve been trying to figure out why the Genesis house feels the same as the miniDSP house curve but just doesn’t sound nearly as good.

Well just by luck while I was typing up the steps on how to build a house curve in Genesis for a fellow AVS-er I noticed something while going through the steps in Genesis. I noticed in Genesis as I increased the Deep Bass Boost that it not only increases the bass for the sub it also increases the bass for EVERY single speaker in your system so you get a house curve built on every speaker in your system not just the sub. If you set the Deep Bass Boost Frequency to say 50Hz and the Deep Bass Boost to 6dB every speaker gets a house curve from 50Hz downward. Just try it and look at the low end of all your speakers get a house curve.

With the miniDSP house curve it’s only effecting the sub but in Genesis every speaker is getting a house curve so that’s why the Genesis house curve sounds different than the miniDSP house curve. To me the Genies house curve just isn’t clean like the miniDSP house curve but at least now I know why and I have to keep my miniDSP.
How much audible affect can there be with a main channel that is already crossed over at 80Hz? I do see a very slight bit of movement in the main channel curves when I moved the deep bass slider up and down, but I would not expect it to be audible.
OzHDHT likes this.
post #7730 of 8315 Old 06-03-2019, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
How much audible affect can there be with a min channel that is already crossed over at 80Hz? I do see a very slight bit of movement in the main channel curves when I moved the deep bass slider up and down, but I would not expect it to be audible.
If I had never had the house curve with the miniDSP I would have never noticed it if all I had was Genesis. Its pretty noticeable. Noticeable enough that I could tell there was a difference in the sound even though the feeling was the same with both. Then I stumbled on why they sound different after about two weeks of wondering why they sound different.

Also you can't notice it at normal levels. You have have scenes with bass and a good movie volume. Otherwise I can't tell the difference.

Last edited by Legairre; 06-03-2019 at 01:16 PM.
post #7731 of 8315 Old 06-03-2019, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Is anyone using an Anthem STR integrated or pre with the Anthem mrx...? Will the remotes for the two units work separately to their individual units? I've had previous issues with Pioneer elite dvd players that would both unintentionally work at the same time with one remote.
So, I have the mrx720 and thinking if I should cross out the STR from my list of integrateds.
post #7732 of 8315 Old 06-03-2019, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers

Quote:

With the miniDSP house curve it’s only effecting the sub but in Genesis every speaker is getting a house curve so that’s why the Genesis house curve sounds different than the miniDSP house curve. To me the Genies house curve just sounds muddied compared to the the miniDSP house curve but at least now I know why I have to keep my miniDSP.. I want a house curve on my sub not all my speakers.

Also since the Deep Bass Boost and Deep Bass Boost Frequency are on the "System Wide Target" screen for each profile I should have known these settings would effect all speakers not just the sub.

I was about to tell you that the bass boost and tilt affects the entire speaker array + subs as this is a system-wide implementation. I have also long discovered that when bass boost was enabled, the sound from the speakers didn’t sound as transparent and clear compared when no bass boost was applied. I kept experimenting on it but it did not give me good results “overall”. Hence I stopped using bass boost. Your reasoning is sound and helps to explain why bass boost actually sounded not as good since it might actually affect the system wide settings. I agreed with you this is certainly not good. Tilt maybe but bass boost should be independent from the speakers. Fortunately the room gain adjustments only affects the subs alone.

But then again, I also agreed with others that bass boost should ONLY affect the lower end of the frequency range (50 - 20hz) which should be in the territory of the subwoofers since most of the speakers have at least 80hz crossover which in theory bass boost should not have much impact to the speakers. But clearly MiniDSP readings show otherwise?

Can other users confirm on this? And perhaps we should posed this question to Anthem for clarification?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by desray2k; 06-03-2019 at 03:36 PM.
post #7733 of 8315 Old 06-03-2019, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 31
subs don't need to be the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLC View Post
If you have a phase control on your subs, I would do the following. Declare the closest sub to the MLP to be the "main" one use ARC to manually adjust the phase of each of the other subs individually to be in-phase with the main one at the MLP. (If you can only do it at one frequency, I'd use 40Hz). That will keep subs in phase at MLP. If you want multiple listening points you should check them all individually and do the best to get the sub closest to that point in phase. Set the distance to the be the distance to the "mail" sub and that will make sure the cross-overs will be as close as possible.

====
MRX1120, Oppo 203, LG & Samsung HDR, XboneS, Xfinity X1, Harmony
post #7734 of 8315 Old 06-03-2019, 07:18 PM
WLC

Multiple Subs and Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodil View Post
If you have a phase control on your subs, I would do the following. Declare the closest sub to the MLP to be the "main" one use ARC to manually adjust the phase of each of the other subs individually to be in-phase with the main one at the MLP. (If you can only do it at one frequency, I'd use 40Hz). That will keep subs in phase at MLP. If you want multiple listening points you should check them all individually and do the best to get the sub closest to that point in phase. Set the distance to the be the distance to the "mail" sub and that will make sure the cross-overs will be as close as possible.
Thanks. That is essentially what I did, only started from furthest. Either way, I posted the graph to show the similarity in FR between ARC2 and Genesis. So, the fr does not show the reason for the impressive improvement with Genesis.
post #7735 of 8315 Old 06-03-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I run mine with everything in the miniDSP set as if the miniDSP wasn’t even in the signal path(including any time delay). That way Genesis is run as if I didn’t even have a miniDSP. Anthem is recommending running ARC again after any PEQ so I would give it a try if you want the flatteset response, but it will probably also lower your sub level again too so you may want to see if you like it without running ARC again.
Excellent points. Thanks I’ll try that; running ARC Genesis first before attempting to add any PEQ’s into my MiniDSP for the reasons you mentioned.

post #7736 of 8315 Old 06-03-2019, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cissado View Post
Is anyone using an Anthem STR integrated or pre with the Anthem mrx...? Will the remotes for the two units work separately to their individual units? I've had previous issues with Pioneer elite dvd players that would both unintentionally work at the same time with one remote.
So, I have the mrx720 and thinking if I should cross out the STR from my list of integrateds.

Not yet, but I have the MRX 720 and just ordered the STR Pre and Power Amp as part of the 20% Trade Up promotion (trading in my MRX 710). Never even thought about the issue you mentioned, but you do raise a good point. However, although it seems it would be a bit of an annoyance if that were to happen, would it really be worth eliminating the STR from consideration if you otherwise really like it? Other than changing the volume level, would there be much other shared functionality between the two units that could be affected by the remote? Maybe since I haven't experienced it firsthand, I don't realize yet how much of a nuisance it could be.
post #7737 of 8315 Old 06-04-2019, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmoney View Post
Not yet, but I have the MRX 720 and just ordered the STR Pre and Power Amp as part of the 20% Trade Up promotion (trading in my MRX 710). Never even thought about the issue you mentioned, but you do raise a good point. However, although it seems it would be a bit of an annoyance if that were to happen, would it really be worth eliminating the STR from consideration if you otherwise really like it? Other than changing the volume level, would there be much other shared functionality between the two units that could be affected by the remote? Maybe since I haven't experienced it firsthand, I don't realize yet how much of a nuisance it could be.

Well, the STR was just on my list and I was making a pros and cons list to go along with it. This would just be a "con" I guess. I also really wanted an all in one type piece. So, anyway, my pioneer elites would go on at the same time when I would use either of the remotes. "Stop" "Pause" etc... would just control both unless I used something to mask the IR area of the player I did not want controlled. I don't really know what else would arise from that. The STR definitely looks like a great piece and I am still contemplating it, just wondering about everything. I also like that amp you're getting and am eyeing it as well, mostly for the 400 watts/per channel. I'm taking my time though... Good luck and enjoy! Oh just noticed, NJ. Nice.
post #7738 of 8315 Old 06-04-2019, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have a new 1120 and also Bluesound Node 2i. Dealer who set up my home theater set the Node 2i to analog with RCA jacks. I was told yesterday that the Anthem has one of the best Dac’s and Node 2i should be connected optically to use the Anthem Dac instead of Node 2i dac. Is this correct? Thanks
post #7739 of 8315 Old 06-04-2019, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Anthem has AKM AK4458 (D/A), AKM AK5358 (A/D). Find out what DAC is in the bluesound. Also it depends on if your using ARC with the bluesound.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #7740 of 8315 Old 06-04-2019, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokap View Post
I have a new 1120 and also Bluesound Node 2i. Dealer who set up my home theater set the Node 2i to analog with RCA jacks. I was told yesterday that the Anthem has one of the best Dac’s and Node 2i should be connected optically to use the Anthem Dac instead of Node 2i dac. Is this correct? Thanks
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...streamer.6631/

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
24bit/192kHz , 24bit/96khz , Anthem , anthem mrx720 , anthem triad in-wall subwoofer , atmos , firetv , hi res audio , mrx 1120 mrx 720 mrx 520 , MRX720 , [email protected] , Xbox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page