Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers - Page 263 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13179Likes

post #7861 of 8168 Old 06-14-2019, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Kasey View Post
Anyone having a issue when you correct up to 20khz you get alot of distortion from high frequencies

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I tried going up to 20kHz as well, but it didn't sound good to me, sound is certainly less bright and lively.So yes there appears to be some kind of distortion, which is maybe the reason why there's a recommendation of not going higher than 5kHz.

What's certainly strange to me is that I had a Marantz AVR with Audissey until recently. With Audissey there wasn't really an issue going up to 20kHz, in fact I there wasn't a noticable difference between Audissey Flat up to 20kHz compared to only going up to e.g. 5kHz, meaning there was little to no EQ in that range.

Whereas there's quite a difference with ARC in the same range, which should really be at least by looking at the curves that ARC generated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7862 of 8168 Old 06-14-2019, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2946 Post(s)
Liked: 1694
Quote:
Anyone having a issue when you correct up to 20khz you get alot of distortion from high frequencies
Open the Genesis program of your session. Go into Review, open the Curve Viewer, and look at the ARC Adjustment (Equalization) curve to see if it's applying significant boost >10 kHz. If so, can try reducing the Max EQ Frequency.
mbroadus and Norris Kasey like this.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win7 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #7863 of 8168 Old 06-14-2019, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Actually I guess I was having issues. I did a full factory reset as well as a power cycle. Ran another correction sounds better than ever. Guess it was acting buggy or something

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7864 of 8168 Old 06-14-2019, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1249 Post(s)
Liked: 768
Quote:

Yes. Only go to 5 kHz or lower.

Male voices are distorted at 20 kHz.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #7865 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:

Please keep in mind, there are many reasons NOT to use room EQ for correction up to 20,000 Hz, especially on the L/C/R speakers, and Anthem and many others continuously advise against it. First of which is the mic is not accurate that high in frequencies, so it's a crap shoot at best as to what the mic is detecting. Second, a lot of the issues above 1-5K are related to reflections and interactions with room surfaces that can only be truly managed with absorbers or diffusers. Third, trying to EQ that high gets you squarely in the midrange/tweeter territory and will certainly change the character of the speakers you originally chose because you liked their sound (hopefully).

If you have no other option than trying for full frequency EQ, there's no harm in trying. If it sounds better to you, then that is the whole point.
Newbie789 likes this.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #7866 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 09:16 AM

I uploaded an old ARC genesis file from version 8849 and it sounds alot better than version 8867. I dont what's going on. Going to reinstall 8849 and see if it makes a difference. Maybe it's something up with the calibration file.

post #7867 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fscottwhite1 View Post
Greetings all!

I'm a VERY proud new owner of a MRX-1120. I was originally running a Yamaha CX-A5100 with a 7 channel Sunfire TGA-7401. You can see all of my speakers and other gear in my signature.

I live in Alaska but my audio guy is a Paradigm/Anthem dealer in Vancouver, BC. I visited his shop back in September and purchased all of my speakers, minus my subwoofer, from him. With the exchange rate, it was a killer deal!

Fast forward to this past month with the trade up program. Part of my lust for the Paradigm setup was the fact that when I auditioned my Prestiges, they were driven by Anthem AVR's on both auditions. So, given my acute case of upgraditis, I decided to give my dealer a call again to get a quote and he delivered in spades!!

I just received my MRX-1120 this past Monday. I didn't have time to run an ARC calibration due to time constraints. I did, however, manage to swap all of my components and power up the system as was. I did not enter speaker distances or take any kind of measurements and was immediately impressed with the sheer clarity of what I was hearing. For Yamaha aficionados, please don't get me wrong... the CX-A5100 is certainly no slouch, but given that I was in store for an ARC calibration in my near future, I was most excited to see what a reputable room correction software could offer above what I was already liking.

The next day, I was able to run a full calibration and was blown away with what I was hearing. For the record, I run a 2009 MacBook and had absolutely zero issues downloading the firmware upgrade and ARC Genesis software. Likewise, I had zero issues running said software and tweaking advanced settings to my liking. ARC is a little different from other software that I have experienced from Yamaha and Integra (YPAO & Audyssey specifically). For anyone that has any sort of knowhow about electronics, particularly home theater setup, the program is extremely intuitive.

My speakers and room have never sounded better. Initially, my goal was to keep my Sunfire and connect it to the pre outs from the MRX-1120. I'm currently about 99.9% committed to selling both my Yamaha AND Sunfire because the amps of the MRX-1120 are THAT good! Couple that with the very high efficiency of my Paradigms and it's a win-win situation. Due to the exchange rate with Canada, and what I saved off of MSRP for this brand new unit, I'll actually make a handsome profit by selling my current separates. I know there are several folks that will vote separates over a single AVR any day, and twice on Sunday, but I'm a firm believer in the MRX-1120 and all it has to offer. If, for some reason, I ever get a hair up my butt to want to add Anthem external amplification, that option is viable. I am a firm believer in Anthem now that I have brought their tech into my home.

Just a few more comments about the sound quality of the MRX-1120 because it certainly deserves the merits. If I could use a single word to describe the sound, it would be cinematic. Seriously, this unit creates a wall of sound that is so immersive, cohesive, powerful and TIGHT! The integration of my subwoofer and speakers have never been better. I was constantly tweaking my Yamaha to find that sweet spot between movies and music. Being a "tweaker" though, I continue to mess with the bass and subwoofer level, but that's more out of curiosity and not necessity. There's also the overall cohesion with the surround and height speakers that just makes watching movies a blast. It also makes music listening sessions longer. So smooth, detailed and engaging. 2 channel listening is so wonderful! I, honestly, can't praise this unit enough.

If you can't already tell, I'm very excited about the addition of the MRX-1120 to my stable of electronic toys. I was back and forth about pursuing an Anthem to go with my Paradigms since I acquired my speakers about 6 months ago. I'm so glad I did. considering the law of diminishing returns, I think I have finally found my sweet spot of audio nirvana. I can't say I've had that feeling EVER in my system. The fact that I'm also Canadian and representing my home theater with goods from the motherland is just a bonus!

In closing, I have spent may hours combing through this thread, this forum, assorted reviews, and the like, before committing to this purchase. I would like to thank all of you that have provided your impressions, experiences, trouble shooting issues, etc. These forums are such amazing resources for potential buyers and I feel it my responsibility to pay it forward to future hopefuls looking for another insight/experience.

Happy listening and cheers!
Hello! New 720 owner here

I greatly appreciate your write-up and I have a quick question. When you set up your 1102, did you use the Genesis software in Auto or Professional Mode?

Thanks
post #7868 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 02:06 PM

Hello All

New MRX-720 owner here - picked up last Tuesday. System was hooked up and working properly all week, finally get to try the Genesis software. Unfortunately, when using Auto mode, I get the "critical audio problem. Please check the microphone and speaker connections" error. I am running 32 bit windows 10 with all the updates. Also using the latest version of genesis Version 1.0.1.8867 which supposedly addressed this issue. Device manager in windows states the microphone is working properly. Numerous restarts and reinstallations have not changed things

Any ideas about how to address this?

Thanks in advance!
post #7869 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 02:55 PM

Hello All

Further to my previous post, so I plugged the microphone into the Genesis android app, and the app didn't recognize the microphone either....I may have a bad unit...
post #7870 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Been reading up on 1120for a while now. Just saw a 20% discount that is good to end of month. Problem, closest dealer is 4 hours away. No high end audio in town. Currently have anthem mrx 500 and love it. Building new room and want to go full 11 channels. However have not listened to 1120 or any other comparable’s. Even with discount, still a big purchase. Just flip flopping on whether to pull the trigger. Dealer has to order it. So basically I would be buying it before listening. They have a 720 hooked up that can be listened to. Looking for opinions since I will have to figure this out quickly. Thanks.
post #7871 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Liked: 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckster99 View Post
Been reading up on 1120for a while now. Just saw a 20% discount that is good to end of month. Problem, closest dealer is 4 hours away. No high end audio in town. Currently have anthem mrx 500 and love it. Building new room and want to go full 11 channels. However have not listened to 1120 or any other comparable’s. Even with discount, still a big purchase. Just flip flopping on whether to pull the trigger. Dealer has to order it. So basically I would be buying it before listening. They have a 720 hooked up that can be listened to. Looking for opinions since I will have to figure this out quickly. Thanks.
Crutchfield. If you don’t like it, you can return it. And they will honor the 20% off and not require that you send back a trade in.
mbroadus likes this.
post #7872 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
3 subs

I posted this in the avm60 thread but I may as well add it here too:

One other question - if i had a third sub could i connect it to the rca output with the 2 fronts connected with xlr? Or would i have to use an xlr splitter for the 2 front which are connected by xlr and then use the rca (which is prewired through my wall to the rear location for convenience)?
post #7873 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbynw View Post

One other question - if i had a third sub could i connect it to the rca output with the 2 fronts connected with xlr? Or would i have to use an xlr splitter for the 2 front which are connected by xlr and then use the rca (which is prewired through my wall to the rear location for convenience)?
You should use all RCA or all XLR for your sub channels. Using Y-splitters for either type of connection works just fine. Mixing XLR and RCA on one channel is not a good idea due to differences in voltage levels on the output.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #7874 of 8168 Old 06-15-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbynw View Post

Run a quick measure on the sub using RCA to make sure it's level matched with the subs using XLR. Worth a try to see if it works

post #7875 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I have a MRX 720 on order.
I did not do much research on this receiver before ordering. Researching it now.
What kind of power ratings are these:
MAXIMUM CONTINUOUS OUTPUT (1% THD)
MRX 720
Channels 1-5, Two Driven into 8 Ohms
140 W
Channels 1-5, Two Driven into 6 Ohms
170 W
Remaining Channels, Two Driven into 8 Ohms
60 W
Remaining Channels, Two Driven into 6 Ohms
75 W

This looks like some kind of BS marketing to inflate the receivers numbers to make it look better than it is. Not what I would expect from a reputable company.
This makes my question any claims of quality made by this company.
Buyers remorse sets in even before I get my hands on this unit.
post #7876 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Lambert View Post
I did not do much research on this receiver before ordering. Researching it now.
MRX 720
140 W
170 W
60 W
75 W

This looks like some kind of BS marketing to inflate the receivers numbers to make it look better than it is. Not what I would expect from a reputable company.
Which figure are you disappointed by? The rather high 1% distortion figure?
https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...iew-test-bench
shows an MRX 1120 on the bench, 135W at 0.1%.

Or are you bothered by the surround channels being lower powered than the rest? It's my understanding that they're actually lower powered class D amplifiers, while the first 5 are class AB, so they really do have a different maximum output power.

I don't think there's anything deceitful in the figures you've quoted - but if they're not as high as you need it might be worthwhile to see if you can cancel your order before it's too late.
post #7877 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
MRX 720
140 W
170 W
60 W
75 W

If it makes you feel any better, there is only so much amplifier power available in any receiver that has to provide up to 11 channels of power, and all decent manufacturers live within these boundaries. A few things to note on power. If you are using one or more subwoofers and have average sensitivity speakers that are crossed over to these subs, you may be surprised that you don't need as much power as you think. Of course, there's an assumption that if you are buying a receiver and not separate multichannel amps, you are probably not expecting reference levels in a large room...that would require outboard amplification or very efficient speakers.

And there is a lot more to this receiver than specs on paper. It is a great processor with great room correction, great ergonomics, and seems to be pretty reliable. I would not get remorse so quickly. If you end up finding that you need more power, you have the option to add amplification later. This is not a unique situation to the Anthem and would likely be something you would face with almost any receiver.
desray2k and Jonas2 like this.

post #7878 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 09:31 AM
NMG

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMower View Post
Which figure are you disappointed by? The rather high 1% distortion figure?
https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...iew-test-bench
shows an MRX 1120 on the bench, 135W at 0.1%.

Or are you bothered by the surround channels being lower powered than the rest? It's my understanding that they're actually lower powered class D amplifiers, while the first 5 are class AB, so they really do have a different maximum output power.

I don't think there's anything deceitful in the figures you've quoted - but if they're not as high as you need it might be worthwhile to see if you can cancel your order before it's too late.
Maybe it's that the stated figures are for 2 channel only? No idea. For what it's worth, the Sound and Vision review tested it putting out 70 watts with 5 channels driven continuously (0.1%) into 8 ohms.

I know that it plays plenty loud and clean in my average sized room with average sensitivity speakers, and it sounds FAR superior to what it replaced. If I really need more power (can't envision that being required unless my entire speaker ensemble or room size changes), I'll just add amplification.
post #7879 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2810 Post(s)
Liked: 1774
Quote:
This looks like some kind of BS marketing to inflate the receivers numbers to make it look better than it is. Not what I would expect from a reputable company. This makes my question any claims of quality made by this company. Buyers remorse sets in even before I get my hands on this unit.

What exactly are finding to be the BS? Company is reputable for a reason, and I don't think you have anything to worry about.....give it a chance!

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #7880 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Exclamation Solution: Popping/Crackling/Thunking at transitions

The symptom for me was that when using my DirecTV, I would intermittently get loud pops through my 1120 when changing channels or FF/REW on a recording. It only happened with multichannel signals. Wasted day of testing but sorted it out:

Problem: Dolby Volume
Solution: shut it off

The problem did not occur for my other inputs (ROKU, OPPO, etc.) So I left Dolby Volume on, but I nuked it for my TV. It seems those inputs have a brief silent period at transition and are not susceptible to whatever bug there is in the Anthem implementation.

====
MRX1120, Oppo 203, LG & Samsung HDR, XboneS, Xfinity X1, Harmony
post #7881 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 31
They could have done it better

[QUOTE=Norris Kasey;58172958]Everytime you rotate through the inputs they are numbered on the front display panel on the MRX. No need to put the number in the name
QUOTE]

Also those numbers are the actual line numbers on the set-up page. The ostensible labels on the input setup screen (e.g. "Input 1") are just text and not actual labels. So if you insert a new input the text will say the wrong things. E.g. It could say "Input 7" on the setup screen and actually be Input 8 on the front panel (and for Harmony).

Anthem could improve their documentation by just saying that "Input 1" is the first entry, "Input 2" the second, etc. They could reduce confusion by not using "Input 1" etc as the starting text. Maybe A, B, C would be better--"Enter Input Name"

====
MRX1120, Oppo 203, LG & Samsung HDR, XboneS, Xfinity X1, Harmony
post #7882 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG View Post
Maybe it's that the stated figures are for 2 channel only? No idea. For what it's worth, the Sound and Vision review tested it putting out 70 watts with 5 channels driven continuously (0.1%) into 8 ohms.

I know that it plays plenty loud and clean in my average sized room with average sensitivity speakers, and it sounds FAR superior to what it replaced. If I really need more power (can't envision that being required unless my entire speaker ensemble or room size changes), I'll just add amplification.
I would have thought better of Anthem if they had the balls to call this what it is, a 70 watt per channel receiver. It would be nice to see a little honesty with the specifications.
Sound and Vision also tested the NAD T758 a 60 watt by five channel receiver, according to NAD. It put out 86 watts with 5 channels driven continuously (0.1%) into 8 ohms.
post #7883 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1179 Post(s)
Liked: 647
Quote:
MRX 720
140 W
170 W
60 W
75 W

Actually Anthem was being honest by breaking down the channels as they did. I find it very honest because they could have used "BS marketing to inflate the receivers numbers" like other companies do by just saying 140w all channels driven.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #7884 of 8168 Old 06-16-2019, 06:06 PM
NMG

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
I would have thought better of Anthem if they had the balls to call this what it is, a 70 watt per channel receiver. It would be nice to see a little honesty with the specifications.
Sound and Vision also tested the NAD T758 a 60 watt by five channel receiver, according to NAD. It put out 86 watts with 5 channels driven continuously (0.1%) into 8 ohms.
I still don't see the dishonesty. They spec it at 140W with 2 channels driven. It does that. It's also pretty common knowledge that receivers will not deliver all channels driven power at the same level as their 2 channel rating. This goes for the NAD as well given that it's rated at 110W with 2 channels driven.

The Anthem basically meets its 2 channel rating, as does the NAD. It's expected that they will both drop off a fair bit from there when driving all channels.

It sounds like you are more disappointed that the Anthem doesn't spec a 5 channel rating? If so, fair enough. I noticed that when I bought mine as well, but I did a bunch of research before purchasing and everything I read (and have confirmed since I picked it up), is that in real world conditions for average setups, it offers more than enough power. More than that though, the sound quality is superb. I think it accomplishes exactly what it's trying to do.

If you do decide to give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is a high quality piece of equipment just like the NAD.
desray2k likes this.
post #7885 of 8168 Old 06-17-2019, 02:46 AM

This is the first thing that I see when I go to the Anthem site and click on the MRX 720:
MRX 720
11.2 Pre-Amp / 7 Amplifier Channel A/V receiver with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. 140 watts per channel continuous power into 8 ohms. Includes ARC (Anthem Room Correction).

This is as far as I read when I ordered the 720. It looked to me like Anthem was advertising the 720 as a 7 channel 140 watt per channel receiver. It was not until I took a look at the detailed specs that I noticed that they make no power claims other than 2 channels driven.
I would have ordered it if they had called it a 70 watt by 5 channel receiver. Anthem did not have to make it look like I was buying a 140 watt unit.

I am hoping that ARC in the 720 will be a noticeable improvement over Audyssey XT32.
I was very disappointed with DIRAC live in the NAD. I found Audyssey to sound much better in my room.
post #7886 of 8168 Old 06-17-2019, 07:09 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5795 Post(s)
Liked: 8267
I'm helping someone who is using the Official Genesis release, on a Mac, with an AVM 60.

He's noticed what APPEARS to be the "Clipping" bug that is supposedly fixed in the Beta release. But the release notes for the Beta suggest that bug can only manifest on the 720 and 1120 (and dependent on content).

Has anyone else spotted this bug on the AVM 60?

I'm hesitant to recommend he switch to the Beta since he's using a Mac, and it appears the known issues with the Beta are mostly on the Mac.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #7887 of 8168 Old 06-17-2019, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
I'm helping someone who is using the Official Genesis release, on a Mac, with an AVM 60.

He's noticed what APPEARS to be the "Clipping" bug that is supposedly fixed in the Beta release. But the release notes for the Beta suggest that bug can only manifest on the 720 and 1120 (and dependent on content).

Has anyone else spotted this bug on the AVM 60?

I'm hesitant to recommend he switch to the Beta since he's using a Mac, and it appears the known issues with the Beta are mostly on the Mac.
--Bob
I switched to Beta, then went back.

Beta fixed distortion in male voices when using 20kHz for the max frequency correction, but I didn't think it sounded as good otherwise.

I preferred the second update of the main version with correction to 5kHz. (For what it's worth, I've only used ARC to 500Hz before, but with Genesis, I really like the correction set higher. It doesn't sound flat at all as it did with ARC-2 at 5kHz.)
Norris Kasey likes this.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #7888 of 8168 Old 06-17-2019, 01:38 PM

Ok so this is the exact issue I am having on the updated version. I get clipping in the tweeters at any volume level when I correct up to 20khz it's more noticeable. 5k I notice it but have to be really critically listening to hear it. I uploaded a correction file I made from the initial release using the updated software and it sounds normal even up to 20khz correction. I am using Windows 10

post #7889 of 8168 Old 06-17-2019, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok so this is the exact issue I am having on the updated version. I get clipping in the tweeters at any volume level when I correct up to 20khz it's more noticeable. 5k I notice it but have to be really critically listening to hear it. I uploaded a correction file I made from the initial release using the updated software and it sounds normal even up to 20khz correction. I am using Windows 10

Anthem has stated over the years that room correction is not stable in the high frequencies. It recommends 5 kHz. In my case with Genesis, I can't hear any distortion as long as I keep there, and I only hear distortion in male voices when I increase it to 20 kHz, which makes no sense because male voices are not in that upper range.

With the old ARC-2, I didn't like the 5 kHz setting because it seemed muted. That's not the case with Genesis.

post #7890 of 8168 Old 06-17-2019, 02:31 PM

I can hear it in the music not just voices. If it is a issue correcting to 20k why don't I have the issue on the initial release

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
24bit/192kHz , 24bit/96khz , Anthem , anthem mrx720 , anthem triad in-wall subwoofer , atmos , firetv , hi res audio , mrx 1120 mrx 720 mrx 520 , MRX720 , [email protected] , Xbox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page