Owner's Thread for Anthem 60, 720 and 1120 Receivers - Page 278 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13249Likes

post #8311 of 8407 Old 10-17-2019, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
When you play a UHD disc in the BD, or other 4k source in the FireTV, does the Anthem's display report the video is 4k?

If you connect the Shield output directly to the JVC, does it then offer you the option for 4k?
Thanks for your reply, Roger.
I have confirmed 4K from Blu-ray and FireTV Cube. Anthem’s display reports that. As it also reports 1080p on the shield.
I have not yet tried to connect Shield directly to the JVC... I will try though.

I’ve got a few shields, and I’ve tried all of them - all the same issue. So I do not think it’s a problem with the Shield, with the HDMI cables, with the Anthem ... it has to be me not knowing some specific setting that is required to make this work...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8312 of 8407 Old 10-17-2019, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditlev Bredahl View Post
Thanks for your reply, Roger.

I have confirmed 4K from Blu-ray and FireTV Cube. Anthem’s display reports that. As it also reports 1080p on the shield.

I have not yet tried to connect Shield directly to the JVC... I will try though.

I’ve got a few shields, and I’ve tried all of them - all the same issue. So I do not think it’s a problem with the Shield, with the HDMI cables, with the Anthem ... it has to be me not knowing some specific setting that is required to make this work...

I have a Shield TV in the chain from my Anthem to my X570R and am able to receive a 4K60 signal. I do find the picture quality on the Shield is soft but you should be able to get 4K to work. Try to directly hook it up as my guess is this is a HDMI issue. This is with a 30 foot HDMI cable from my projector to the anthem. And another 8 foot HDMI cable from the anthem to the shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8313 of 8407 Old 10-17-2019, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 57
How well does the android or iOS app work for operating the 1120s? Considering buying a 1120 but it will be going in a closet with no line of sight for an IR remote and want to be able to control it with the app. The reviews are not good for the app but curious if it works well for folks who are using it with android or iOS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8314 of 8407 Old 10-17-2019, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 25
How do i connect DTS play-fi to the anthem from my Qobuz
The anthem does not show up in devices on the dts-play fi app
post #8315 of 8407 Old 10-17-2019, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Yeah I have issues with this myself. It's the buggy wifi. Try resetting your router. If this doesn't work you probably have to reset the wifi settings in the MRX. Reconnect with Play Fi app might take a few tries at least it does for my 720. Then it would work.

My work around has been not to use play Fi at all. I have a oppo203 player. I use an app on my phone BubbleUPnP. Buy the licence in the app and log into my qobuz account. Then stream to the oppo203. Way more stable than playfi

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #8316 of 8407 Old 10-18-2019, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by slots1 View Post
How do i connect DTS play-fi to the anthem from my Qobuz
The anthem does not show up in devices on the dts-play fi app
I've been having problems with Play-Fi since their last update with my NAS running PLEX. It had been working fine prior. Got Anthem tech (they are great about responding) and did manual reset of Play-FI on my 720. Rebooted NAS and WiFi, Play-Fi connection to NAS still broken. Got ahold of Play-Fi tech ([email protected]) and they confirmed they did break Play-Fi connect to NAS with port opening/closing problem. They also broke SiriusXM interface. So, you might try Play-Fi tech before you do too much and see if they already have an issue with Qobuz.

I'm back to using an old Roku and have given up on Play-Fi.

Great room:LG OLED65E8PUA, Anthem MRX720, Speakers 5.1.4 Elac Uni-Fi UF5, UC5, UB5. S12EQ. 4x Elac A4 Atmos speakers, 2x Emotiva BasX A-100 for atmos speakers -
Man Cave: Vizio P65-F1, NAD T758v3 + Emotiva XPA-5 gen1, Emotiva T2 towers, C2 center, E2 surrounds and Monoprice Monolith 12
post #8317 of 8407 Old 10-18-2019, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinrazrback View Post
How well does the android or iOS app work for operating the 1120s? Considering buying a 1120 but it will be going in a closet with no line of sight for an IR remote and want to be able to control it with the app. The reviews are not good for the app but curious if it works well for folks who are using it with android or iOS.

Works great for me on iOS

Sources: NVidia Shield TV - Allo DigiOne Roon Endpoint - Panasonic UB-900
Audio: Anthem MRX-720 - Emotiva UPA1's - KEF R900's - Dual SVS-PB2000's (via MiniDSP 2x4)
Video: Panasonic TH-65DX900
FYI - I have NO affiliation with the media player 'Geek Wave' (cant change stupid name)
post #8318 of 8407 Old 10-18-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2661 Post(s)
Liked: 2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinrazrback View Post
Right now its broken in iOS 13. Anthem is aware, but it has been a month, and no fix yet.
post #8319 of 8407 Old 10-18-2019, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Do I need an STR Pre-Amp?

Hi,

I am considering the Anthem STR power amp for my front L/R for better stereo music. I believe with the AVM60 or MRX1120, I would not need the STR pre-amp at all, and it would be a waste of money.

Am I right on this assumption? Am I missing an important feature that the STR pre-amp brings to the table that the AVM doesn’t?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Seif
post #8320 of 8407 Old 10-18-2019, 10:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by seifmaher View Post
Hi,

I am considering the Anthem STR power amp for my front L/R for better stereo music. I believe with the AVM60 or MRX1120, I would not need the STR pre-amp at all, and it would be a waste of money.

Am I right on this assumption? Am I missing an important feature that the STR pre-amp brings to the table that the AVM doesn’t?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Seif

What multichannel amp do you have with the AVM60? Why do you think the STR amp will be an improvement?
post #8321 of 8407 Old 10-19-2019, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
anthem with focal

hello
Has anyone tried and can tell me if anthem 720 connection to focal 926 goes well together for home theater and music
I am currently with the preimier 700F and I want something more powerful in terms of power (6.5 inch not 5.5 inch and more power and go down more bass)
Do you think this is an improvement
I have no place to hear the speakers' connection to the receiver
thanks
post #8322 of 8407 Old 10-19-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD View Post
What multichannel amp do you have with the AVM60? Why do you think the STR amp will be an improvement?
OK,

The full version of my request for advice is:

I have a Denon X8500h. It’s a great AVR, but I had Audyssey... It strips the all the bass out of the system... I heard industry leaders say the same, so I assume it is not me being unable to put the right bass management settings.

I am considering getting the MRX 1120 or AVM 60 instead for better room correction overall.

So to answer your questions, I believe the STR amp will be much better than the internal amp of the Denon X8500h or the MRX 1120. More power, less THD, better SNR, flatter response, etc...

So step 1: I want to replace my Denon with Anthem AVR or the AVM (if I found that it brings more to the table than the MRX).

Step 2: Get a dedicated stereo amp, much better than the AVR’s amp, and run my L/R through that.

I “assume” I won’t need a dedicated stereo pre-amp with that setup. I am trying to validate this assumption, because maybe I am missing something important here...
post #8323 of 8407 Old 10-19-2019, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 57
All, where are you all getting your receivers from? I see New Age Electronics has the best retail pricing (not sure if they are legit or not). Any other places to get a good deal on these? If cannot post it here, please PM me. Want to get an 1120.
post #8324 of 8407 Old 10-20-2019, 12:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OK,

The full version of my request for advice is:

I have a Denon X8500h. It’s a great AVR, but I had Audyssey... It strips the all the bass out of the system... I heard industry leaders say the same, so I assume it is not me being unable to put the right bass management settings.

I am considering getting the MRX 1120 or AVM 60 instead for better room correction overall.

So to answer your questions, I believe the STR amp will be much better than the internal amp of the Denon X8500h or the MRX 1120. More power, less THD, better SNR, flatter response, etc...

So step 1: I want to replace my Denon with Anthem AVR or the AVM (if I found that it brings more to the table than the MRX).

Step 2: Get a dedicated stereo amp, much better than the AVR’s amp, and run my L/R through that.

I “assume” I won’t need a dedicated stereo pre-amp with that setup. I am trying to validate this assumption, because maybe I am missing something important here...

Yes, you can get a 2-channel amp and use the pre-outs of the Denon or Anthem AVR. If you get the the Anthem AVM, you'll need more channels of amplification if you have surround. What were you thinking of getting? For the cost of the STR stereo amp alone you can get the Anthem AVM 60 and the MCA525. What speakers do you have? It's going to be tough to tell the difference between the MCA525 and the STR in most situations.

It sounds like you are trying to save $4k and not get the matching stereo preamp, but why are your trying to spend $6K on the amp in the first place?
post #8325 of 8407 Old 10-20-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Yes, you can get a 2-channel amp and use the pre-outs of the Denon or Anthem AVR. If you get the the Anthem AVM, you'll need more channels of amplification if you have surround. What were you thinking of getting? For the cost of the STR stereo amp alone you can get the Anthem AVM 60 and the MCA525. What speakers do you have? It's going to be tough to tell the difference between the MCA525 and the STR in most situations.

It sounds like you are trying to save $4k and not get the matching stereo preamp, but why are your trying to spend $6K on the amp in the first place?
Hi,

So now you understand my situation 100%. I have Paradigm Prestige 75F (fronts), C45 (center), 15B (surround), 7x Millenia One (2 surround back + 5 heights), and 1x SVS SB16.

For movies, I am satisfied, I don't think I need to upgrade anything. For music however, I want to upgrade the experience. Here are my thoughts:

Speakers:
I want to get 2x Persona 3F (fronts). I assume they will sound much better than the Prestige 75F.

Amplifier:
I wanted to get a dedicated 2 ch amp for the Persona speakers, that would be much better than the Denon X8500h's amp.
The MCA252 has much more power than the Denon's. The P2 is more appealing with significantly more power and lower THD and better S/N ratio.
I consider the STR amp as the best quality of amplifiers I may afford.

I know there is Macintosh and other great manufacturers, I am just completely ignorant about them, and never heard one before. These companies do not have any presence where I live.

Pre-amp:
My existing Denon X8500h.
Pros: Great for movies, Auro3D, 13 ch, 7.1 analog input.
Cons: I don't like Audyssey, I don't like bass in my room, I believe there is much more than this. I believe Audyssey is limiting capabilities of this amp.

I wanted to go for Anthem processor/avr for better room correction and bass management. I was hoping that if they would suffice as Stereo pre-amp, I can save some $$. If I will do this, I will stick to the MRX1120, because I don't want to pay another 9ch amplification

This is pretty much all what is running in my mind.

To organize my request for advice:

- Do you think the Persona will be significantly better than the Prestige?
- Do you think adding a stereo amp (MCA/P2/STR) to the AVR will be significantly better than the AVR's amp?
- Can a flagship AVR double as a Stereo pre-amp?
post #8326 of 8407 Old 10-20-2019, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Hi,

So now you understand my situation 100%. I have Paradigm Prestige 75F (fronts), C45 (center), 15B (surround), 7x Millenia One (2 surround back + 5 heights), and 1x SVS SB16.

For movies, I am satisfied, I don't think I need to upgrade anything. For music however, I want to upgrade the experience. Here are my thoughts:

Speakers:
I want to get 2x Persona 3F (fronts). I assume they will sound much better than the Prestige 75F.

Amplifier:
I wanted to get a dedicated 2 ch amp for the Persona speakers, that would be much better than the Denon X8500h's amp.
The MCA252 has much more power than the Denon's. The P2 is more appealing with significantly more power and lower THD and better S/N ratio.
I consider the STR amp as the best quality of amplifiers I may afford.

I know there is Macintosh and other great manufacturers, I am just completely ignorant about them, and never heard one before. These companies do not have any presence where I live.

Pre-amp:
My existing Denon X8500h.
Pros: Great for movies, Auro3D, 13 ch, 7.1 analog input.
Cons: I don't like Audyssey, I don't like bass in my room, I believe there is much more than this. I believe Audyssey is limiting capabilities of this amp.

I wanted to go for Anthem processor/avr for better room correction and bass management. I was hoping that if they would suffice as Stereo pre-amp, I can save some $$. If I will do this, I will stick to the MRX1120, because I don't want to pay another 9ch amplification

This is pretty much all what is running in my mind.

- Do you think adding a stereo amp (MCA/P2/STR) to the AVR will be significantly better than the AVR's amp?
There are many factors at play here, so here's my take.

A flagship AVR like the MRX 1120 can certainly serve as a highly competent stereo preamp for music. Many go this route and since you can apply ARC Genesis in one profile as a two channel solution, you gain all the benefits for both stereo and multichannel. In your situation, I would highly recommend trying the MRX 1120 without an external amp first and see how you like your current speakers and sub before jumping into a multi-component purchase. Getting the room interaction correct would be way more of an upgrade than new speakers if the room setup is not addressed.

In addition, you may not like the bass in your room because of Audessey, but it may also be partly because of sub placement, non-ideal speaker/sub integration, non-ideal crossover settings, or non-ideal room acoustics. Genesis can help somewhat with this, but you're working with only one sub in your setup so getting sub placement correct is paramount to good bass (and I would also argue you would probably benefit from at least one additional sub to help with even response in your room.

I would not automatically assume the more expensive Paradigm speakers would be a major upgrade over your current speakers. Again, integrating the sub with the speakers, placing them properly in the room (based on acoustical measurements with Genesis), and addressing any room issues will have a huge effect on how all speakers can perform.

If you are not looking to purchase all external amplification, then the MRX 1120 should work well for all of your amplification needs, but can also remain in your system if you need upgraded external amplification for your main L/R down the road. I would cross off the AVM60 since it is basically the MRX 1120 without amplifiers. In addition, I would probably add another SB16 Ultra sub before upgrading to new speakers, but I realize it's easy to recommend this when it's your money and not mine!
seifmaher likes this.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #8327 of 8407 Old 10-20-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

1. The Persona may sound significantly better, but I think it is more important to match the speakers so they sound the same panning across the front three and (less important) front to back. Do you have a budget? This would be $25,000 for 5 speakers and we haven't considered a sub or the height channels. You might consider just a separate stereo system if you have room and are satisfied with the home theater.

2. Compared to the MRX1120? Likely not significantly better with efficient speakers like the Prestige | 3F at 92 db. I agree on sticking with the MRX1120, or you will have many channels of amplification required. I would not use the STR amp with Prestige 75s. I wouldn't even consider it right away (or at all) with the 3F. They are just too easy to drive and you'll get great sound with just the MRX1120.

I ran my Signature system off both an MRX300 and MRX1120 alone for quite a while until I was done fixing up part of the house. There was a slight difference in bass performance moving to the MRX1120 from the MRX300. And less of a difference once moved to the AVM60/MCA525. No harm was done to the speakers using the other "lesser" setups. They all sounded very similar, like <1-2% difference.

3. Yes, it absolutely can. I use a AVM60 in one room and an MRX1120 in another to listen to music. I don't have separate stereo pre-amps in those systems.
seifmaher likes this.
post #8328 of 8407 Old 10-20-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
1. The Persona may sound significantly better, but I think it is more important to match the speakers so they sound the same panning across the front three and (less important) front to back. Do you have a budget? This would be $25,000 for 5 speakers and we haven't considered a sub or the height channels. You might consider just a separate stereo system if you have room and are satisfied with the home theater.

2. Compared to the MRX1120? Likely not significantly better with efficient speakers like the Prestige | 3F at 92 db. I agree on sticking with the MRX1120, or you will have many channels of amplification required. I would not use the STR amp with Prestige 75s. I wouldn't even consider it right away (or at all) with the 3F. They are just too easy to drive and you'll get great sound with just the MRX1120.

I ran my Signature system off both an MRX300 and MRX1120 alone for quite a while until I was done fixing up part of the house. There was a slight difference in bass performance moving to the MRX1120 from the MRX300. And less of a difference once moved to the AVM60/MCA525. No harm was done to the speakers using the other "lesser" setups. They all sounded very similar, like <1-2% difference.

3. Yes, it absolutely can. I use a AVM60 in one room and an MRX1120 in another to listen to music. I don't have separate stereo pre-amps in those systems.

WOW!
Thank you for your practical input that makes perfect sense to me.

1) I wish I budget for 5 or 7 Persona speakers, but I don't. I wish they release a small center speaker.
Someone advised me to get a Persona bookshelf and use it as center, which might be a good idea given that it has a much bigger mid-range driver. It will miss the woofers, but I will bass manage it anyway.

2) I would be glad if I can get away with the Persona without needing to upgrade the amp. I think the best thing is to get the Persona first and enjoy it for some time, and them "only if needed", I treat myself with another upgrade.

Maybe when Anthem upgrades their MRX line up. It's 4 years old already.

3) That's great.

Thank you so much for your validations and guidance.
post #8329 of 8407 Old 10-20-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittermidget View Post
There are many factors at play here, so here's my take.

A flagship AVR like the MRX 1120 can certainly serve as a highly competent stereo preamp for music. Many go this route and since you can apply ARC Genesis in one profile as a two channel solution, you gain all the benefits for both stereo and multichannel. In your situation, I would highly recommend trying the MRX 1120 without an external amp first and see how you like your current speakers and sub before jumping into a multi-component purchase. Getting the room interaction correct would be way more of an upgrade than new speakers if the room setup is not addressed.

In addition, you may not like the bass in your room because of Audessey, but it may also be partly because of sub placement, non-ideal speaker/sub integration, non-ideal crossover settings, or non-ideal room acoustics. Genesis can help somewhat with this, but you're working with only one sub in your setup so getting sub placement correct is paramount to good bass (and I would also argue you would probably benefit from at least one additional sub to help with even response in your room.

I would not automatically assume the more expensive Paradigm speakers would be a major upgrade over your current speakers. Again, integrating the sub with the speakers, placing them properly in the room (based on acoustical measurements with Genesis), and addressing any room issues will have a huge effect on how all speakers can perform.

If you are not looking to purchase all external amplification, then the MRX 1120 should work well for all of your amplification needs, but can also remain in your system if you need upgraded external amplification for your main L/R down the road. I would cross off the AVM60 since it is basically the MRX 1120 without amplifiers. In addition, I would probably add another SB16 Ultra sub before upgrading to new speakers, but I realize it's easy to recommend this when it's your money and not mine!
You are definitely right.

I tried to the best of my ability, to properly set the right bass management settings, but I will go through everything again next weekend.

I did some REW measurements, and I have an acceptable frequency response with the SB16 (attached). Unfortunately, I don't have space for another subwoofer without messing up the furniture setup.

My concern about Audyssey's bass settings was mentioned by some famous editors/reviewers on Audioholics, who are much more experience than me. That's why I assumed it's a common Audyssey problem, not just my system.

But I like your recommendations and I think they make perfect sense. Try to add a subwoofer, then MRX, and then check if I will need an additional stereo amp...

Thanks a million...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-09-21 at 3.57.36 AM.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	2629788  
post #8330 of 8407 Old 10-22-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

I am hesitant to spend over $20k on a system that includes a 4-year-old receiver. I heard that the replacement will be announced in April 2020, which is annoying because I'd like my system installed in January. I'd hate to wait 6 months for the replacement only to find out the new features won't benefit me. I don't know what to do!
post #8331 of 8407 Old 10-22-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blSwagger View Post
Quote:

I am hesitant to spend over $20k on a system that includes a 4-year-old receiver. I heard that the replacement will be announced in April 2020, which is annoying because I'd like my system installed in January. I'd hate to wait 6 months for the replacement only to find out the new features won't benefit me. I don't know what to do! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG]
Well, can’t you get like a used mid tier avr as a temporary solution, and then sell it when you decide what final model you will end up buying?
post #8332 of 8407 Old 10-22-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Well, can’t you get like a used mid tier avr as a temporary solution, and then sell it when you decide what final model you will end up buying?
I have a 10-year-old Integra 40.1 in my den hooked up to a 5.1 system with a 13-year-old 42" plasma. I'm thinking a possible solution is to buy a reasonably priced 65" LCD and Anthem 520 that I can use in my new system (in my living room) until the 1120 is updated and 2020 77" OLEDs come down in price. Then I can move the 65" LCD and 520 into my den. The only issue with that solution is do I really want to spend the money on a 520 that I'll only be using regularly for 6 months?
post #8333 of 8407 Old 10-22-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I have a 10-year-old Integra 40.1 in my den hooked up to a 5.1 system with a 13-year-old 42" plasma. I'm thinking a possible solution is to buy a reasonably priced 65" LCD and Anthem 520 that I can use in my new system (in my living room) until the 1120 is updated and 2020 77" OLEDs come down in price. Then I can move the 65" LCD and 520 into my den. The only issue with that solution is do I really want to spend the money on a 520 that I'll only be using regularly for 6 months?
Well, the shortfalls of the Integra would be: 4K, HDR, Atmos/DTS X, old room correction, app control, maybe Audio Return Channel, and maybe OSD won’t be compatible with new TVs. You can get all these things and more from a new $800 AVR (Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Onkyo, etc)... You can also get it from a 2 years old unit, that would cost maximum $500.

I am not against investing in good gear, but I am afraid the MRX 520’s value for money, in your case, is not good enough. You can buy other stuff for the same amount of money that would add more value that what the MRX 520 will add.
post #8334 of 8407 Old 10-22-2019, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
I am hesitant to spend over $20k on a system that includes a 4-year-old receiver. I heard that the replacement will be announced in April 2020, which is annoying because I'd like my system installed in January. I'd hate to wait 6 months for the replacement only to find out the new features won't benefit me. I don't know what to do!
Looking at this from a different perspective, wouldn't you be more disappointed if you purchased the outgoing model now and find out the new model in April has features that do benefit you? It's always a gamble, but if the new features are not of value to you, then the outgoing model will be available at a greater discount. Sort of win/win for a few months of patience?

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #8335 of 8407 Old 10-22-2019, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 673
I'm not sure Anthem will be releasing a new series - I mean there is a firmware update coming to give the AVRs imax enhanced capability, for what it's worth. It is due now, but it has been quiet on news since the announcement at the start of September (https://www.stereo.net.au/news/imax-...m-keeps-giving, https://www.facebook.com/anthemav/po...6588545356658/)

It is conceivable they may do another model with more channels, like a 13 channel like denon released.
terrspin11 and Norris Kasey like this.
post #8336 of 8407 Old 10-23-2019, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just curious- is anyone having play-fi issues after ios13? I know the anthem app doesnt work, but the Play fi did for a bit, but now it is not seeing the MRX. and yes, the mrx is connected to the network. I've done resets etc, but nothing.

Anthem mrx-720, Sunfire Cinema Grand 400-7, GoldenEar Aon 3 L-R, GoldenEar SuperSat3 Surround, Paradigm Millenia 20 Center, Intimus L6-IC Height, SVS PB-1000 sub, atmos 5.1.4
post #8337 of 8407 Old 10-23-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
I'm not sure Anthem will be releasing a new series - I mean there is a firmware update coming to give the AVRs imax enhanced capability, for what it's worth. It is due now, but it has been quiet on news since the announcement at the start of September (https://www.stereo.net.au/news/imax-...m-keeps-giving, https://www.facebook.com/anthemav/po...6588545356658/)

It is conceivable they may do another model with more channels, like a 13 channel like denon released.
I was hoping for Apple AirPlay, eARC, and HDMI 2.1. Any advancements in sound quality would be icing on the cake.
post #8338 of 8407 Old 10-23-2019, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I was hoping for Apple AirPlay, eARC, and HDMI 2.1. Any advancements in sound quality would be icing on the cake.
Given how poor the networking is on it, and how clunky that DTS play-fi is, I'd be impressed if they could bring something out on the current hardware that was usable. It doesn't particularly worry me, but I do admit it would be nice to be able to play music with just the AVR on, and use your smartphone to play music.
Norris Kasey likes this.
post #8339 of 8407 Old 10-23-2019, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
Given how poor the networking is on it, and how clunky that DTS play-fi is, I'd be impressed if they could bring something out on the current hardware that was usable. It doesn't particularly worry me, but I do admit it would be nice to be able to play music with just the AVR on, and use your smartphone to play music.
I agree they should offer a upgraded wifi card or something to fix the buggy x20 series. That would be a great upgrade. Maybe integrate audio return better too. It would be perfection

post #8340 of 8407 Old 10-23-2019, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Kasey View Post
I agree they should offer a upgraded wifi card or something to fix the buggy x20 series. That would be a great upgrade. Maybe integrate audio return better too. It would be perfection

I don't think it is the actual wifi hardware that is the problem, just however or whatever they have implemented their network in general probably in firmware. I'm on wired, 1 ft from the router and I still have issues. It is a miracle if I can get the mobile app to connect. I only used the wifi once when I was having a look at that playfi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
24bit/192kHz , 24bit/96khz , Anthem , anthem mrx720 , anthem triad in-wall subwoofer , atmos , firetv , hi res audio , mrx 1120 mrx 720 mrx 520 , MRX720 , [email protected] , Xbox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page