AVS Forum banner
1M views 12K replies 850 participants last post by  nathan_h 
#1 · (Edited)
Anthem just show their new Processor and Receivers in Hong Kong AV Show

Sorry for the photos contents only have Chinese :-

MSRP

AVM 60 HK$30,000 (equivalent to USD3,850)
7.2.4 AV Processor (toroidal power supply)

MRX 1120 HK$30,000 (equivalent to USD3,850)
7.2.4 channels (11 ch processing 11 ch amplifier (toroidal power supply)) AV Receiver

MRX 720 HK$20,000 (equivalent to USD2,600)
11 channels (11 ch processing 7 ch amplifier)

DTS:X - need software upgrade

will available in November 2015

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I can't read Chinese, so question for a more literate person: does the blurb above mean the MRX 720 has 11.1 processed channels with a 7-channel amp, and the 1120 has 11 amp channels built in?

Nice to see Anthem didn't "310"* the new MRX's!

*Refers to Anthem making the MRX 310 a 5.1-channel AVR when its predecessor MRX 300 was a 7.1-channel AVR.

#8 ·
You will, I assume.

Interesting. It seems that the AVM 60 has the same level of ARC and all the same features as listed in that spec sheet above. The only difference I see is balanced outputs. I'm real curious as to the AVM 60's cost compared to the two AVRs.
Ditto.

#7 ·
Interesting. It seems that the AVM 60 has the same level of ARC and all the same features as listed in that spec sheet above. The only difference I see is balanced outputs. I'm real curious as to the AVM 60's cost compared to the two AVRs.

Bill

#12 · (Edited)
Dear all,

Sorry for less details as I only got this information from my friend, more information as follows:-

MSRP
AVM 60 Euro 3,000
MRX 1120 Euro 3,000
MRX 720 Euro 2,000

The source said AVM60 was made in Vietnam so that the price seems more affordable.

Will available in end of this year.

Uploaded a bigger photo for easier access.

Attachments

#14 ·
Google translate with an offline Chinese language pack decodes the slide nicely. Main differentiators seem to be

the 4th row says that the 2 high end models have a toroidal power supply but the 720 doesn't. This suggests the 720 is more of a 520.

DTS:X is listed as "needs software upgrades"

The prepro has balanced outputs

Subwoofer outputs are translated as "group 2" so does that mean 2 independent outputs ?

Basically the prepro gives you balanced (and no amps), the 1120 gives you amps but no balanced, the 720 has no toroidal and no balanced.

#470 · (Edited)
If the prices for the AVR's are as quoted, I don't see how Anthem will compete against D & M. Or even Yamaha, Pioneer Elite or Onkyo.

A significant price variance between other options on the market. I guess you could say that you are paying for the XLR connects but to me, they do not make much of a difference for a short run (balance versus unbalanced). Looks like a "niche" product - IMHO.

Not trying to be negative - - just looking at stated price structure.

#17 ·
The impression I get is that the AVM60 and the two MRX are going to be released concurrently, more or less. Didn't expect the MRX to hit for another year. This is exciting indeed.

Edit: Wait, why is "Advanced Load Monitoring" checked for the AVM60? I thought that was the amplifier monitoring system . . . So let's hope the 11 channel processing for the 720 is right . . .

Reactions: MSM99
#22 ·
Sorry for my typo, edited already.:)

#21 ·
Talked with the dealer in Hong Kong today, the estimated MSRP as follows-

AVM 60 USD3,850
MRX 1120 USD3,850
MRX 720 USD2,600

will available in November 2015

#28 ·
Does this new models come with an upgraded version og ARC(arc2) ?

#40 ·
I'm still wondering what percentage of consumer rooms can either "support" - or more importantly- be properly configured with 13-17 loudspeakers???

Further-, seeing there exists NO 13 channel discreet system/array in the world, it is odd to me that people place it as essential criteria in the first place. It's like demanding a 6 wheeled car.

I guess it "must" be better.

Bizarre.

James

#37 ·
Aww, piss. I was just about to jump into a new Yammy before I saw this thread. The 1120 looks like it will be worth the wait and I get to put my money towards a Canadian product. Please come out at the end of the year, Anthem!

#39 ·
Edited the first page by adding the MSRP and 3 new photos of AVM60

#44 ·
Nice truck. I wonder how many powered speakers it has? :D

Reactions: I. M. Picky
This post has been deleted
#52 ·
I hope my Onkyo holds out until then. ;)

#53 · (Edited)
Well, anyone who went to CEDIA last year could have heard 13 channel discrete systems in two or three places. And anyone who owns a Trinnov Altitude 32 can do >13 channels of Atmos if they so desire. Unless you don't count non-bed speakers in Atmos as discrete, which would be a strange conclusion.

Edit: Looks like the mods removed the post immediately prior to mine, so this post is a little out of context now . . .