The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha 1050/2050/3050 Owner's thread. - Page 149 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23036Likes

post #4441 of 10689 Old 02-07-2016, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 53
The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha 1050/2050/3050 Owner's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlca1 View Post
I'm exploring options. Audio is more important, but would be interested in both as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audio is easier depending on what set up you are running on main zone and how many zones you want to distribute audio.

1. If running 7/5.1.2/4 you can get zone 2 to out for audio-->directly to zone or as I out to whole house audio distributor like one from monoprice or HTD. Then use app to control which zone and source you want to hear. You would need amp also if using multiple zone to give power to pre out from receiver.

2. Only zone 2 can out audio and video but remember hdmi runs should not be too long otherwise signal can degrade

3 you can look into other whole house audio video distribution methods but they are expensive and complex I.e using cat 5/6 to distribute them and control them

Yamaha RX-3050 5.2.4 JBL studio 1 (front, center, sorround) Tannoy Di8 DC (four on ceiling ATMOS)
Google NSZ-GT1 player
EPSON PowerLite Home Cinema 3010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4442 of 10689 Old 02-07-2016, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1210 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I'm using Yamaha 3050 with 11.2 setup. But I also have Minidsp 88-a with Dirac in the chain. I calibrate all my floor speakers with Dirac. Therefore, I have to keep the YPAO disabled. Is there any way I can have YPAO enabled for ceiling speakers only?
post #4443 of 10689 Old 02-07-2016, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherazNJ View Post
I'm using Yamaha 3050 with 11.2 setup. But I also have Minidsp 88-a with Dirac in the chain. I calibrate all my floor speakers with Dirac. Therefore, I have to keep the YPAO disabled. Is there any way I can have YPAO enabled for ceiling speakers only?
You can have PEQ for the ceiling speakers, but not Reflected Sound Control Settings. You just need to use the Manual setting in PEQ and adjust. Here is an easy way to do it if you want to measure with YPAO.

• Run YPAO with Dirac engaged
  • Save measurement, ignoring phase error
  • Go to System > Speaker Preout > Pattern 1 > PEQ > Front_Data
  • On the AVR, go to Parametric EQ > Manual
  • Enter the settings from Front in the web browser into the Manual settings on the AVR for the channels you want to adjust

The PEQ settings you enter if you use Front will be YPAO's attempt to match your front speakers, which were set by your Dirac target curve.

Before running YPAO, check your Dirac speaker distances so you can set them back if (when) YPAO changes them.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1236649  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4444 of 10689 Old 02-07-2016, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1210 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpco View Post
You can have PEQ for the ceiling speakers, but not Reflected Sound Control Settings. You just need to use the Manual setting in PEQ and adjust. Here is an easy way to do it if you want to measure with YPAO.

• Run YPAO with Dirac engaged
  • Save measurement, ignoring phase error
  • Go to System > Speaker Preout > Pattern 1 > PEQ > Front_Data
  • On the AVR, go to Parametric EQ > Manual
  • Enter the settings from Front in the web browser into the Manual settings on the AVR for the channels you want to adjust

The PEQ settings you enter if you use Front will be YPAO's attempt to match your front speakers, which were set by your Dirac target curve.

Before running YPAO, check your Dirac speaker distances so you can set them back if (when) YPAO changes them.

Thx John. Did you find any difference in sound before/after for ceiling speakers? I asked because it looks like a rather long process and if the difference is not observable then it might not be worth it to go thru this process.
Also, I'm not familiar with how to lon in using browser? Any guide on it?
Thx.

Last edited by SherazNJ; 02-07-2016 at 11:44 AM.
post #4445 of 10689 Old 02-07-2016, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 303
The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha 1050/2050/3050 Owner's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherazNJ View Post
Thx John. Did you find any difference in sound before/after for ceiling speakers? I asked because it looks like a rather long process and if the difference is not observable then it might not be worth it to go thru this process.
Also, I'm not familiar with how to lon in using browser? Any guide on it?
Thx.

I did not really hear a difference. I just had to recalibrate last week and did not bother with any of this. I may get a second 88A in the future for the tops, but from a purely objective standpoint, it's a lot of work and money for the difference it might make.

To login on a browser, look in the information section of the AVR for the AVR's IP address on your home network. Type that into a web browser for the basic web control of the AVR. If you put /setup after it, you'll have access to all the settings in the unit.
Scarriere likes this.
post #4446 of 10689 Old 02-07-2016, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I just recently got my 2050 hooked up. I'm enjoying the receiver so far, but I have a potentially dumb question. How do I get the 2050 to display a different source on each HDMI out?
post #4447 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 02:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22557 Post(s)
Liked: 12277
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophcy0 View Post
I just recently got my 2050 hooked up. I'm enjoying the receiver so far, but I have a potentially dumb question. How do I get the 2050 to display a different source on each HDMI out?
The HDMI Out 2 Assign (p. 149 Owner's manual) setting defaults to "Main", so you must change that to either "Zone 2" or "Zone 4" depending on your use case.
post #4448 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 71
well it looks like the go fund me page is DOA, i got 4 infraction points for following that advice lmao.

I knew it was a mistake to have faith in the goodness of mankind

On a positive note at least a charity got $37 after fees and a few more people will have access to clean drinking water in Africa. Way to go to the two people who donated

The campaign is still up, so you can still donate if you want..
javanpohl and mmmmmmbacon like this.
post #4449 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The HDMI Out 2 Assign (p. 149 Owner's manual) setting defaults to "Main", so you must change that to either "Zone 2" or "Zone 4" depending on your use case.
Thanks. If set up the separate zone is there an easy way to switch back and forth the independent zone and cloning a source between both screens? I'm guessing the best way is to set up two different scenes for these activities.
post #4450 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3246 Post(s)
Liked: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by faulkton View Post
well it looks like the go fund me page is DOA, i got 4 infraction points for following that advice lmao.

I knew it was a mistake to have faith in the goodness of mankind

On a positive note at least a charity got $37 after fees and a few more people will have access to clean drinking water in Africa. Way to go to the two people who donated

The campaign is still up, so you can still donate if you want..
I saw that coming.
This isnt Facebook or a charity raising campaign forum. They dont even want you posting things you have for sale unless its in the Classified section.
post #4451 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1775 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Anyone know how to update/change the Pandora account settings? There's nothing in the manual!
I changed my stations (on a PC) and now I want to propagate those changes to my AVR, but there's no way to "update" (or even log out and log in).

Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR [v1.81], LG 65EF9500 4K OLED [v4.26.00]
5.0.2 set-up: (4) Polk Monitor 10B's, (2) Polk Monitor 4's, Polk CS300 center
B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
Pioneer CLD-99 LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD [v1.80]
post #4452 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
Anyone know how to update/change the Pandora account settings? There's nothing in the manual!
I changed my stations (on a PC) and now I want to propagate those changes to my AVR, but there's no way to "update" (or even log out and log in).
If you go into the settings menu on Pandora - you can add/delete accounts. I was going all through this menu when I was having my connection issues. If I remember correctly- from the input selection screen, you may push "UP" to get into the root settings/options menu. Not exactly sure on this- don't remember off hand without sitting in front of the unit- but there was that access as I added my wife's account and deleted mine thinking maybe there was an issue with my account during that troubleshooting phase.
post #4453 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
I saw that coming.
This isnt Facebook or a charity raising campaign forum. They dont even want you posting things you have for sale unless its in the Classified section.
yeah it was a stupid joke that raised a few bucks for charity. Now had it actually worked i would have bought a pre-pro and used my tax return to donate the same amount to charity ... however unlikely that scenario actually is.

I still think its stupid when forums take themselves too seriously.. if someone is not going to bother to read the million posts where i said i cant afford a new pre-pro at the moment, and responds with 'just get the 3050 brah' replying with a go fund me link is not only appropriate but quite comical.

Nonethe less, i have three differnt ways to turn the speaker level atmos outputs into RCA or XLR ... a couple different DI boxes and the audio control i mentioned. If figure ill try them out, find out which works/works the best and return the rest.
mmmmmmbacon likes this.
post #4454 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

Stations exist linked to account on Pandora server. There is nothing to update from avr unless there is change in account login or name.

Yamaha RX-3050 5.2.4 JBL studio 1 (front, center, sorround) Tannoy Di8 DC (four on ceiling ATMOS)
Google NSZ-GT1 player
EPSON PowerLite Home Cinema 3010
post #4455 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hey all, I'm having a couple issues with a "new used" Rx-1050 I purchased thru Amazon Warehouse deals. This unit looks to be brand new with all packaging sealed and the unit in pristine condition. I took apart my audio/video cabinet and reorganized for the new AV unit so would rather not have to exchange but can if needed thru Amazon. Hoping ya'll can help.

First issue:
Everything's connected, using airplay and sound is good except nothing coming from center speaker. Go into menus, activate the front speaker and sounds great. The problem is the volume does not adjust, meaning I turn it up and down from level 40ish to mute with no change at all. Sound is at a constant level until mute. Weird thing is once I raise the level past 40, only the surround rear speakers go up. No control of any speaker volume levels except the surround above 40. The next thing is to check all connectors which were set up correctly. I figure a factory reset is in order so followed Yamaha's directions and reset the unit:

Second issue:
I now have rumbling coming from subwoofer and muffled sound coming from surround speakers. Nothing coming out of two front speakers nor the center channel. It was late so didn't to a tone/channel test. Three front speakers are active in menus. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Maybe I just got a bad AVR but figured I'd see what people thought on here before packing it up.

Thanks in advance!
post #4456 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 3338 Post(s)
Liked: 8434
Quote:
Originally Posted by geomatic View Post
Hey all, I'm having a couple issues with a "new used" Rx-1050 I purchased thru Amazon Warehouse deals. This unit looks to be brand new with all packaging sealed and the unit in pristine condition. I took apart my audio/video cabinet and reorganized for the new AV unit so would rather not have to exchange but can if needed thru Amazon. Hoping ya'll can help.

First issue:
Everything's connected, using airplay and sound is good except nothing coming from center speaker. Go into menus, activate the front speaker and sounds great. The problem is the volume does not adjust, meaning I turn it up and down from level 40ish to mute with no change at all. Sound is at a constant level until mute. Weird thing is once I raise the level past 40, only the surround rear speakers go up. No control of any speaker volume levels except the surround above 40. The next thing is to check all connectors which were set up correctly. I figure a factory reset is in order so followed Yamaha's directions and reset the unit:

Second issue:
I now have rumbling coming from subwoofer and muffled sound coming from surround speakers. Nothing coming out of two front speakers nor the center channel. It was late so didn't to a tone/channel test. Three front speakers are active in menus. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Maybe I just got a bad AVR but figured I'd see what people thought on here before packing it up.

Thanks in advance!
This may be obvious or redundant,
But did you run the YPAO setup after you hooked everything up?

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
post #4457 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It might not seem like a significant information but I just love how you can go in the receiver's menu and click on disc info and see the audio level. It is crucial in a way that let's you listen to the audio track at the right level and also evaluate it accordingly. My question is, is there any ONE button that you can just press and get to the disc info without having to go thru the menu and bypass all of the steps? Thanks in advance.
post #4458 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
This may be obvious or redundant,
But did you run the YPAO setup after you hooked everything up?
Not redundant at all...I planned on doing that tonight so no, not yet. But either way an AV receiver should be usable straight out of the box. Certainly not to it's full capability but usable none the less.
post #4459 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 20
So on my 3050, if I run YPAO and then go back and change crossovers to 80hz, is that considered the best calibration? By manually adjusting those crossovers, am I messing up the rest of the "advanced" calibration?

Also, what is the consensus best YPAO mode (i.e. natural, etc)?

Thanks.
post #4460 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1775 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by drriddhish View Post
Stations exist linked to account on Pandora server. There is nothing to update from avr unless there is change in account login or name.
Then how come they don't update on the AVR app? Either way, there has to be a way to "refresh" your stations and/or account info. I can't believe there is nothing in the user manual.

Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR [v1.81], LG 65EF9500 4K OLED [v4.26.00]
5.0.2 set-up: (4) Polk Monitor 10B's, (2) Polk Monitor 4's, Polk CS300 center
B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
Pioneer CLD-99 LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD [v1.80]
post #4461 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Not redundant at all...I planned on doing that tonight so no, not yet. But either way an AV receiver should be usable straight out of the box. Certainly not to it's full capability but usable none the less.
I guess the main reason I inquired was that's usually my first step,
and would reveal immediately whether something was wrong as it ran test tones around your room 1 speaker at a time

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
post #4462 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccondo1 View Post
So on my 3050, if I run YPAO and then go back and change crossovers to 80hz, is that considered the best calibration? By manually adjusting those crossovers, am I messing up the rest of the "advanced" calibration?

Also, what is the consensus best YPAO mode (i.e. natural, etc)?

Thanks.
Provided you have a powered sub(s) that can handle your <80Hz, set all speakers to "small" and crossed at 80Hz.
Yes that is highly recommended, It wont mess up any other calibrations for distance/delay etc.

Most have found "Flat" to be the most desirable PEQ setting, but you can certainly try all of them and judge for yourself.

post #4463 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3246 Post(s)
Liked: 2551
Quote:
Then how come they don't update on the AVR app? Either way, there has to be a way to "refresh" your stations and/or account info. I can't believe there is nothing in the user manual.
Turn it off and back on. Every time it reconnects to Pandora it should refresh.
post #4464 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
I guess the main reason I inquired was that's usually my first step,
and would reveal immediately whether something was wrong as it ran test tones around your room 1 speaker at a time
Agreed. If it wasn't 10pm with sleeping kiddos I would've ran it. I'll do it this evening. I just figured the YPAO probably wouldn't affect the volume level issue.

Thanks for the reply!
post #4465 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 118
If I opt for the 2050 instead of the 3050 and run a 5.2.4 setup, I wont be able to have a zone 2 out for music correct?

Sub build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...et-r-done.html
Center - JBL LC2
Mains - JBL L820
Surrounds - JBL L820
Sub - Dual UXL'18 enclosures,iNuke6000dsp
post #4466 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by faulkton View Post
yeah it was a stupid joke that raised a few bucks for charity. Now had it actually worked i would have bought a pre-pro and used my tax return to donate the same amount to charity ... however unlikely that scenario actually is.

I still think its stupid when forums take themselves too seriously.. if someone is not going to bother to read the million posts where i said i cant afford a new pre-pro at the moment, and responds with 'just get the 3050 brah' replying with a go fund me link is not only appropriate but quite comical.

Nonethe less, i have three differnt ways to turn the speaker level atmos outputs into RCA or XLR ... a couple different DI boxes and the audio control i mentioned. If figure ill try them out, find out which works/works the best and return the rest.
Hey, we gave it a try! It was light hearted and gave a few of us a good chuckle anyway :-)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yamaha Aventage RX-A3060 | (3) DefTech UIW RLS II (LCR) | (4) DefTech RSS II (Side and Back Surrounds) | (4) DefTech Di8r in-ceilings for Atmos/DTS:X | (2) SVS PB-3000 Subs, 7.2.4
Seymour 119" 2.37:1 AT Neo Enlightor with 16:9 AT Masking Panels | JVC DLA-X790R projector
post #4467 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Agreed. If it wasn't 10pm with sleeping kiddos I would've ran it. I'll do it this evening. I just figured the YPAO probably wouldn't affect the volume level issue.

Thanks for the reply!
Keep in mind if it's gone through Amazon Warehouse deals it may have been a return and may not have the speakers set up to default, it could have options like speakers turned off in the amp, bi-amp, etc, I'd go through and check that also.
post #4468 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Ive been having this problem which is really bothering for a 2000 dollar piece of equipment ( actually be bothering for a 300 dollar piece)

Sometimes when I'm either turning on receiver or switching between modes, sound will play only from the tv, and only fix is to just shut off the receiver and turn it back on. Is it possible its just a fluke with this particular tv?

Anyone had this problem as well? If not then maybe I have a screwy receiver I need to get replaced. I have 60 days with who I got it from.

EDIT btw I have a 3050.

Last edited by IK84; 02-08-2016 at 05:31 PM.
post #4469 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK84 View Post
Ive been having this problem which is really bothering for a 2000 dollar piece of equipment ( actually be bothering for a 300 dollar piece)

Sometimes when I'm either turning on receiver or switching between modes, sound will play only from the tv, and only fix is to just shut off the receiver and turn it back on. Is it possible its just a fluke with this particular tv?

Anyone had this problem as well? If not then maybe I have a screwy receiver I need to get replaced. I have 60 days with who I got it from.

EDIT btw I have a 3050.
Do you have Audio Return Channel on in the receiver? I do not have a TV that accepts audio via HDMI, but if you do and ARC is on, this may be the cause.

I've contacted Yamaha support about other issues, and they are very responsive to owners. I'll suggest that you might try contacting them directly and asking them about it as even if ARC is on, this might be a problem with the receiver.

Last edited by wiyosaya; 02-08-2016 at 07:23 PM.
post #4470 of 10689 Old 02-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:

First issue:

Second issue:

Thanks in advance!

I will try to Restore the default settings. Refer to page 159 of the manual.

Sent from my iPhone6s+ using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
lip sync , lipsync , scenes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page