The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha 1050/2050/3050 Owner's thread. - Page 203 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23015Likes

post #6061 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:19 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5985 Post(s)
Liked: 5114
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Wall of Bass pretty much sums it up nicely
Haha, thanks but that's not a number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmak View Post
@Scott Simonian

How about here http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

I think you can find good samples
Thanks. I'll take a look when I get home. The office dsl internet is useless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6062 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
It "sounds" exactly the same.
Hi Scott, I have 5.2.4 setup. My ceiling speakers are mounted on the ceiling and I have them setup as OVERHEAD for my atmos and DSU.

Since you say for DTS:X the presence speakers should be setup as HEIGHT, what do I do if I use Neural:X? Do I still set the ceiling speakers as HEIGHT for Neural:X and then OVERHEAD for DSU? I can setup the scenes to use Pattern1 vs Pattern2 to do that as you mentioned previously.

My question comes from the fact that Does Yamaha expect people would know this? I assumed you could just leave your speakers as OVERHEAD and it should work for all Atmos, DSU, DTS:X and Neural:X.
MB_HT likes this.
post #6063 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I always bite myself when I am excited about doing something and I am in the office, ehh
Scott Simonian likes this.

Advertisement

post #6064 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbeenjammin View Post
The one movie I checked out last night which was Crimson Peak was on par with the Atmos tracks that I have. DTS X has come thru with flying colors. You just have to remember that the DTS X movies are at 4 decibels lower than the Atmos tracks.
Excellent!!

And this is the reason why I made my first 4 scene to have Scene 1= Dolby Atmos, Scene 2 = Dolby True HD, Scene 3 = DTS X, Scene 4 = DTS HD Master Audio. each with there preferred.
settings to suit.
Scarriere likes this.

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
post #6065 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:30 PM
HDX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
So I decided to go for it and download the DTS:X update.

My main drive was to find out if with the DTS:X 11ch call out clip how the overhead speakers would work. It has been documented that DTS:X will use some form of re-mapping to phantom image the front and rear heights. DTS thinks that the "heights" are at 45 degree and that "overhead" is at 60 degrees. When you have your system set at OVERHEAD the height call outs will emit from both the front left and right and the actual overhead speakers at the same time. It's trying to phantom image this sound at 45 degrees as it thinks your height speakers are really at 60 degrees. When set to HEIGHT only those height speakers will emit the height content in the call out.

Hope that makes sense.

When I play Atmos test tones for the heights, I get a reverse effect. When set to HEIGHT I get sound want to bleed front and back to better phantom image above you because the decoder thinks that the speakers have a super wide angle gap than if one were to use OVERHEAD setting.

So if you want 'discrete' height effects properly with DTS:X content, you must use the HEIGHT layout selection.

In my experience with my Yamaha 3050 and 5100 is that for Atmos you want to use OVERHEAD layout selection for the more 'discrete' sound.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Another thing that came up and brought to our attention by @multit was that some DTS:X clips were showing up in the information panel show a signal of 7.1.4 + 1 object. This appears on clips front the 2015 DTS demo disk: Divergent and Rio 2 and also on 2016 DTS demo disk: DTS:X All Around Us and Holly Miranda "All I Want Is to Be Your Girl".

My first though was "could these 1 object signals be a DIALOG stem that can be adjusted?". So I played back each clip and used the OPTION submenu on the Yamaha 5100 and found the DTS DIALOG CONTROL. I found that with pretty much all the DTS:X clips I have that this feature was locked out and could not be adjusted. Until I played the DTS All Around Us clip. There is a female 'presenter' commentating the clip. The DTS DIALOG setting was now unlocked and set to 0 with an arrow pointing right. I could adjust from 0-6 on the scale. With each notch up her voice and only her voice level was raised. This is DTS:X object-based audio dialog control at work, for real. The Holly Miranda clip had the same results. It is an immersive audio audio only track and with it a separate vocal stem that can be adjusted with the DTS DIALOG control. It worked. Just her vocals were raised. Now it doesn't like you have a full swing of level. It's just 0-6. You can't lower it, only bump it up in level. From what I could hear, it sounded like each notch was 1dB.

There you go folks. Object-based audio promised us we could take control of dialog/vocals independent of the rest of the audio mix and raise the level. If you have a Yamaha, did the update and have the 2016 DTS demo disk... I implore you try this feature for yourself.

Also, any of you that own a D&M product with DTS:X and has the 2016 DTS demo, I'd be interested if you could take advantage of this dialog control feature.

DTS:X decoding seems to be working. Tested DTS-HD MA 7.1 and could apply DSU. Also tried TrueHD 5.1 and applied Neural:X. Both worked like a charm.

Things just got interesting again.
was gonna set up patter 2 like you suggested for DTS-X, Ran YPAO and i kept getting level errors on my sub. before the update i had ran YPAO 5-6 times and never gotten any errors. Had to turn my sub
down from halfway to a 1/4 way to get it to pass YPAO. Dont understand the sudden output of my sub

RX-A3050
Fronts Klipsch RF82, 3 Klipsch Pro 6502, 6 Klipsch Pro 7800-S-THX, 1- Velodyne CT-150 Sub
RX-V2065, RX-V995, Yamaha BD-S1900, DVD C950, DVD-C920, Yamaha Cassette KX- W321
Sony 55X800B
post #6066 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 117
@HDX
I experienced the same issue with my Sub, I had to turn it down to less than half to get rid of the error message.

post #6067 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:33 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoochie View Post
Hi Scott, I have 5.2.4 setup. My ceiling speakers are mounted on the ceiling and I have them setup as OVERHEAD for my atmos and DSU.

Since you say for DTS:X the presence speakers should be setup as HEIGHT, what do I do if I use Neural:X? Do I still set the ceiling speakers as HEIGHT for Neural:X and then OVERHEAD for DSU? I can setup the scenes to use Pattern1 vs Pattern2 to do that as you mentioned previously.

My question comes from the fact that Does Yamaha expect people would know this? I assumed you could just leave your speakers as OVERHEAD and it should work for all Atmos, DSU, DTS:X and Neural:X.
Good question! I'm so glad you asked. After programming my receiver to do easy switch from HEIGHT to OVERHEAD settings I did just a test like this.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any useful answers to the question. It does indeed sound different using one setting or the other while using both DSU or Neural:X. Because of the natural of blind upmixing, it's impossible to say which is correct. Just go with what sounds good to you.

However, it is indeed so that OVERHEAD should be used for Atmos and HEIGHT for DTS:X decoding.

You can ask Yamaha if they know.
speeddeacon likes this.
post #6068 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:35 PM
HDX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
If you have a 3050 why were you asking about the 1050.
And if you own the 3050 why dont you just look under Configuration in the menu of the receiver.
LOl, I thought it was the 3050 or all of the avr after a certain one that you could adjust the crossover of your speakers.
I can only adjust crossovers if i choose small and when i did choose small for my 3 Pro 6502, then ran YPAO it set them all back to large.
Sorry for the misunderstanding

RX-A3050
Fronts Klipsch RF82, 3 Klipsch Pro 6502, 6 Klipsch Pro 7800-S-THX, 1- Velodyne CT-150 Sub
RX-V2065, RX-V995, Yamaha BD-S1900, DVD C950, DVD-C920, Yamaha Cassette KX- W321
Sony 55X800B
post #6069 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes.

Thankfully Yamaha has a very convenient tool to get past this. The system allows to program two 'patterns'. In the main system configuration screen, the top selection is called PATTERN. In here you can select Pattern1 or Pattern2.

Essentially, it is there to have two setups at once. For us doing lots of immersive audio, I have mine now set for Atmos and DTS:X as OVERHEAD mode and HEIGHT mode. Both patterns were saved as identical except the two pairs of presence speakers. One pattern has them set to OVERHEAD and the other set to HEIGHT, all else is equal. I made two SCENES and made them switch between the two. At any given moment, I have a one button press on the remote to switch nearly instantly from HEIGHT to OVERHEAD designation.

Works great. It's a work around but not that cumbersome at all using the SCENE feature.
Scott just to eliminate confusion you have one Scene for Atmos set using Say Pattern 1 and the Atmos speakers set at Overhead (in the ceiling) and for DTS X you are using Pattern 2 and although you have say 4 ceiling over head speakers you set them as heights. Is this correct or am I looking at it in another way.
Thanks

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
post #6070 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Bass Enabler

Hmm. Sorry. I don't know what is happening. I'm not using YPAO currently.

I did a Pattern1=>Pattern2 copy function and simply swapped the front and rear overheads to height. Then I made a scene for each pattern. Works great! Too bad it won't remember specific surround decoder.
Craig Mecak likes this.
post #6071 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackreign66 View Post
So basically what you're saying is that it's best to watch Atmos movies with overheads and dts:X movies with Heights to prevent leakage of sound.
Arghhhh . I missed this post.

I will update my 3050 this arvo if its available so far in Australia.

post #6072 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Good question! I'm so glad you asked. After programming my receiver to do easy switch from HEIGHT to OVERHEAD settings I did just a test like this.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any useful answers to the question. It does indeed sound different using one setting or the other while using both DSU or Neural:X. Because of the natural of blind upmixing, it's impossible to say which is correct. Just go with what sounds good to you.

However, it is indeed so that OVERHEAD should be used for Atmos and HEIGHT for DTS:X decoding.

You can ask Yamaha if they know.
ok thanks. I guess I'll first set up two scenes with Pattern 1 and Pattern 2 and then use what sounds better to me for DSU/Neural: X.

I'm still puzzled how Yamaha expects us to know that OVERHEAD should be used for Atmos and HEIGHT for DTS:X decoding. If I hadn't read it from you on this forum I would never have had a clue.
post #6073 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:41 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Scott just to eliminate confusion you have one Scene for Atmos set using Say Pattern 1 and the Atmos speakers set at Overhead (in the ceiling) and for DTS X you are using Pattern 2 and although you have say 4 ceiling over head speakers you set them as heights. Is this correct or am I looking at it in another way.
Thanks
Yes. I made two scenes using two patterns. Pattern1 is configured as OVERHEAD for the presence speakers. Pattern2 is identical other than the two pairs of presence speakers are set to HEIGHT.

Be sure when making a SCENE for each that you go to 'LOAD' and hit 'DETAILS'. It will list several submenus of options. The bottom choice is PATTERN. You will have to select this option for the SCENE method to work properly.
post #6074 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:44 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoochie View Post
ok thanks. I guess I'll first set up two scenes with Pattern 1 and Pattern 2 and then use what sounds better to me for DSU/Neural: X.

I'm still puzzled how Yamaha expects us to know that OVERHEAD should be used for Atmos and HEIGHT for DTS:X decoding. If I hadn't read it from you on this forum I would never have had a clue.
Not Yamaha to blame. The situation is identical for Denon and Marantz users. DTS is to blame for this. Yamaha was thoughtful enough to add the two patterns to use for just this situation.
Scarriere likes this.
post #6075 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Not Yamaha to blame. The situation is identical for Denon and Marantz users. DTS is to blame for this. Yamaha was thoughtful enough to add the two patterns to use for just this situation.
Cool...I get it now. Not a Yamaha issue but DTS issue. Thanks for letting us know otherwise I would never had a clue that this is what I needed to do.
post #6076 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post
Wall of Bass pretty much sums it up nicely
Well I have 4 subs and 4 shakers in the seats and one in the ceiling for the light fitting that rattles two light fittings so does this mean I have 7.4.4.1.4. LOL

post #6077 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 125
You actually have one to rattle the light? Interesting!!!

Spoiler!
post #6078 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I am soooo enjoying this update. I did what Scott suggested on using heights for DTS:X and overheads for Atmos and I must say it makes a difference for sure. I'm so glad I chose to go the Yamaha route rather than pulling the trigger on a Marantz 7702 mkii. Ip Man 3 sounds amazing in DTS:X. I don't know what it means but it says 7.1.4+5 objects lol
Scott Simonian likes this.

DISPLAYS - Sony XBR-75X900F, Sony XBR-55X900E, Samsung 55 KU6500
AVR - Denon X4400h, Audiosource, 7.2.4, Sony X9000f soundbar
SPEAKERS - Athena Audition Series 7.1 speakers, 4 ceiling mounted Polk Audio OWM3, BIC F12 subwoofer
SOURCE - HTPC, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Apple 4K Tv, Roku Ultra, Nvidia Shield Tv
post #6079 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member

Another thing that came up and brought to our attention by @multit was that some DTS:X clips were showing up in the information panel show a signal of 7.1.4 + 1 object. This appears on clips front the 2015 DTS demo disk: Divergent and Rio 2 and also on 2016 DTS demo disk: DTS:X All Around Us and Holly Miranda "All I Want Is to Be Your Girl".

My first though was "could these 1 object signals be a DIALOG stem that can be adjusted?". So I played back each clip and used the OPTION submenu on the Yamaha 5100 and found the DTS DIALOG CONTROL. I found that with pretty much all the DTS:X clips I have that this feature was locked out and could not be adjusted. Until I played the DTS All Around Us clip. There is a female 'presenter' commentating the clip. The DTS DIALOG setting was now unlocked and set to 0 with an arrow pointing right. I could adjust from 0-6 on the scale. With each notch up her voice and only her voice level was raised. This is DTS:X object-based audio dialog control at work, for real. The Holly Miranda clip had the same results. It is an immersive audio audio only track and with it a separate vocal stem that can be adjusted with the DTS DIALOG control. It worked. Just her vocals were raised. Now it doesn't like you have a full swing of level. It's just 0-6. You can't lower it, only bump it up in level. From what I could hear, it sounded like each notch was 1dB.

Copied from the 5100 Thread, @blackreign66
blackreign66 likes this.

Spoiler!
post #6080 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Liked: 893
Quote:
Yes. I made two scenes using two patterns. Pattern1 is configured as OVERHEAD for the presence speakers. Pattern2 is identical other than the two pairs of presence speakers are set to HEIGHT.
So I did this (make 2 identical patterns with a difference only of OVERHEAD or HEIGHT), played the 11.1 callout on the 2016 DTS Demo disc and this is what I discovered in my 5.x.2 configuration: it's 6 in one and a half-dozen in the other. What I mean is, you either give up the FRONT discrete overhead or the REAR: it doesn't shift both to the TM speakers. So, I will end up leaving the OVERHEAD pattern as my default and take what DTS gives me, which is better REAR height than FRONT height for my configuration. Initial impressions are native DTS:X/Atmos sound great, but I think I'll stick with the Yamaha DSP modes (Sci-Fi/Adventure/etc) for non-immersive DTS and Dolby soundtracks.

Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR [v1.81], LG 65EF9500 4K OLED [v4.25.70]
5.0.2 set-up: (4) Polk Monitor 10B's, (2) Polk Monitor 4's, Polk CS300 center
B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
Pioneer CLD-99 LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD [v1.80]
post #6081 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 04:45 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackreign66 View Post
I am soooo enjoying this update. I did what Scott suggested on using heights for DTS:X and overheads for Atmos and I must say it makes a difference for sure. I'm so glad I chose to go the Yamaha route rather than pulling the trigger on a Marantz 7702 mkii. Ip Man 3 sounds amazing in DTS:X. I don't know what it means but it says 7.1.4+5 objects lol
Really? Would you mind posting a picture of that?

I don't own any DTS:X titles yet. All I have are a couple demo disks. So far I've only found four clips that list an object in addition to the 7.1.4 descriptor. All of them say 7.1.4+one object. Haven't seen on with five. Cool!

Check and see if the DTS DIALOG CONTROL works with Ip Man 3.
post #6082 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post

Copied from the 5100 Thread, @blackreign66
Thanks
azz7686 likes this.

SPEAKERS - Athena Audition Series 7.1 speakers, 4 ceiling mounted Polk Audio OWM3, BIC F12 subwoofer
post #6083 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member

I envy you guys I want to hear atoms and dts:X, Gotta be awesome;(

Spoiler!
post #6084 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Really? Would you mind posting a picture of that?

I don't own any DTS:X titles yet. All I have are a couple demo disks. So far I've only found four clips that list an object in addition to the 7.1.4 descriptor. All of them say 7.1.4+one object. Haven't seen on with five. Cool!

Check and see if the DTS DIALOG CONTROL works with Ip Man 3.
Here you go Scott, and no I can not adjust the DTS dialog control.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0407.JPG
Views:	3195
Size:	504.7 KB
ID:	1351602  
Stanton and Scott Simonian like this.

post #6085 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 05:07 PM
Bass Enabler

Aww darn. Was worth a shot.

Thanks for uploading the picture!
post #6086 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
You actually have one to rattle the light? Interesting!!!
The lounge shakers work 100%. The two light fitting are secured on the ends of a piece of maple timber inside the roof approx 180 x 25MM X 2.4M long. The middle of the timber (1.2M end) has a brace at 90 Degrees and it is connected to the roof trusses and at the mid point I have one shaker in the middle so when there is action the long unsupported at either end where the light fitting hang off shake and because they shake the glass fitting shake.
Now whatever is good also has its bad points and although very,very impressive watching your light fittings rattle and shake while my lounge shakers are doing the same and the 4 subs that are banging the walls I have one problem and that is the continual weight of the light fitting has put a SAG (bending) of the timber which means the ceiling rose of the light fitting (inside the TV room) instead of being 5 MM off the ceiling plaster its now 40MM where you see the chain supporting the light fitting and the twin and earth cables feeding the light.
I need to have timber or something else that will not sag past a point in time (maple timber has not knots in it). but generally its super impressive as watching a movie like Transformers age of extinction where the bass is rattling the walls, the lounge shakers are doing a great job of massaging your back and whilst all this is gong on your eyes are attracted by the moving swinging light fittings. My wife thinks I'm F..... in the Head. There nothing wrong doing something different isn't there. what else could I do in my retirement. LOL,LOL,LOL.
turbovan and azz7686 like this.

post #6087 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by makrelov View Post
You can utilize Dolby Atmos with just 7 base layer channels, no need of any Height channels. . Checked and rechecked couple of times.

But YES, it is not Atmos as it is supposed to be. Just saying that you stil can get Atmos decoding without height channels, but at least 7 base layer channels (L, R, C, SL, SR, SbL, SbR).

Regards,
HE IS CORRECT.
While Atmos decoding kicks in with at least 7.1. DTS:X will kick in only with 5.1 speakers.
Proof that it does decoding the source not as bed channel but as an object? Try DTS:X demo All around us with 5.1 or 7.1 only and you can adjust the dialogue object even without actual or virtual presence/overhead speakers.
But I guess everyone here will still said no even with proof shoved into their face.
post #6088 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Just did some "testing" regarding using "height" for DTS:X and "overhead" for Atmos.
Height does sound much better for DTS"X.
But when I played the atmos amaze trailer and the atmos leaf trailer using add-on modules on top of my speakers, the "dolby enabled sp" setting sounded fuller with sounds coming from above while "overhead" sounded closer to the center more so than above.Just my 2 cents...
post #6089 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Ok...got Yamaha 3050 updated in under 20 minutes and ready to listen the new updates.
I need some clarification on the various points made here regarding neural:x, other decoders and so on. I'm sure there are other users out there scratching their heads as well needing answers. Got the 4 speakers (ceiling) and others speakers.

Questions, I know if you have a disc encoded in Atmos, you simply select straight, correct? Will play Atmos.
If the disc is encoded in DTS:X same deal, right? Will play in DTS:X.
Now if I play an non Atmos or DTS:X disc either a 7.1 or 5.1 version, what selection is used or my best options.
That is, (what I'm slightly confused here) reading I get opinions to use Neural:X for tv programming, playing back discs (DVDs) and so on.
I'm still playing around with the decoding options and how to utilize them for the disc at hand (to play). Any clarification would be most appreciated.
post #6090 of 10588 Old 03-31-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVGCL View Post
Ok...got Yamaha 3050 updated in under 20 minutes and ready to listen the new updates.
I need some clarification on the various points made here regarding neural:x, other decoders and so on. I'm sure there are other users out there scratching their heads as well needing answers. Got the 4 speakers (ceiling) and others speakers.

Questions, I know if you have a disc encoded in Atmos, you simply select straight, correct? Will play Atmos.
If the disc is encoded in DTS:X same deal, right? Will play in DTS:X.
Now if I play an non Atmos or DTS:X disc either a 7.1 or 5.1 version, what selection is used or my best options.
That is, (what I'm slightly confused here) reading I get opinions to use Neural:X for tv programming, playing back discs (DVDs) and so on.
I'm still playing around with the decoding options and how to utilize them for the disc at hand (to play). Any clarification would be most appreciated.
You should use straight for DTS:X tracks as well. For non atmos and DTS:X disc you can use either straight, one of the many DSPs, or either of the 2 upmixers either it being Neural:X or Dolby Surround.
Blackman likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
scenes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page