The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha 1050/2050/3050 Owner's thread. - Page 308 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23015Likes

post #9211 of 10588 Old 03-19-2017, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. W View Post
No other player. Just my computer playing BF1 set to Atmos and the receiver picks up the signal. I'll try the cable change though I have Audioquest Cinnamon that are rated to exceed 18Gbps.
I'am pretty sure their is a setting in the 3050 that you need to see if its on which is object based audio set that to on and see, its deep in the setup menu can't remember where check manual see how that goes.
Scarriere likes this.

LG 65C7T - SONY BRAVIA 65"Z9D
Marantz SR6012 - Pioneer SCLX 58 - Apple 4KTV
Oppo UBD 203/205- Oppo BDP 103 - Panasonic DMP UB900
Playstation 4 - Mordaunt Short Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9212 of 10588 Old 03-19-2017, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 258 Post(s)
Quoted: 3162 Post(s)
Liked: 7711
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybee View Post
I'am pretty sure their is a setting in the 3050 that you need to see if its on which is object based audio set that to on and see, its deep in the setup menu can't remember where check manual see how that goes.
Object Decode is the last item in the sound setup menu...should be set to Enable

yanks1 likes this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
post #9213 of 10588 Old 03-19-2017, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdirwin View Post
I have a 3050 that gives me hdcp 2.2 errors ...
A bit more information on this - the bluray player is a Samsung UBD-K8500, and the 1080p projector is a Sony VPL-HW45ES.

Have tried numerous high-end HDMI cables - direct connections work, but going through the AVR fails (with the 4k bluray and the Chromecast Ultra). Also tried every Straight etc... setting, and tried both 4k modes in the advanced settings.

Since the projector is only 1080p, I cannot understand why I am getting HDCP 2.2 errors (for the BluRay) or bad video/noise for the Chromecast ultra.

Does anyone else have a 4K device on Zone 2, and a 1080P device on Zone 1 HDMI Outs?

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9214 of 10588 Old 03-19-2017, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybee View Post
Thanks for all the help. This was the issue
post #9215 of 10588 Old 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 258 Post(s)
Quoted: 3162 Post(s)
Liked: 7711
Quote:
A bit more information on this - the bluray player is a Samsung UBD-K8500, and the 1080p projector is a Sony VPL-HW45ES.

Have tried numerous high-end HDMI cables - direct connections work, but going through the AVR fails (with the 4k bluray and the Chromecast Ultra). Also tried every Straight etc... setting, and tried both 4k modes in the advanced settings.

Since the projector is only 1080p, I cannot understand why I am getting HDCP 2.2 errors (for the BluRay) or bad video/noise for the Chromecast ultra.

Does anyone else have a 4K device on Zone 2, and a 1080P device on Zone 1 HDMI Outs?

Help!
If you have two displays connected (HDMI Out 1 + 2)
The system will default to the lowest common capabilities to both displays.

Both of mine are 4K BT.2020 HDR HDCP 2.2 compatible = no problemo

bluemoon737 likes this.

The Unfinished Basement Theater & Whisky Guitar Lounge | Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
JVC DLA X750 4K Projector | 120" Powered Drop Screen | 65" LG 65B6P OLED | Panasonic DMP UB900 | Oppo UDP 203 | HDFury Vertex
Yamaha RX-A3070 | 7.4.4.4 | Mission M3i x11 | Funk Audio 18.0 x2 | Velodyne DLS 5000R x2 | Crowson LvL3 MA x4 | miniDSP 2x4HD
post #9216 of 10588 Old 03-20-2017, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hey guys, I'm new to this thread having recently purchased a 2050. I'm having a issue with the Audio Signal on HDMI input 1 automatically changing audio input to Audio 3 about 20 seconds after power on the AVR. The input system menu on the 2050 does not let me force HDMI only audio on HDMI 1. My thought is that a CEC system limitation on 2050 is causing the complication. I am connected to an Arris PVR that does not support CEC. All my other devices are CEC and the 2050 input system menu allows me to force HDMI only audio. I have no input device plugged into Audio 3 so I'm not sure why the 2050 would be picking up a signal.
post #9217 of 10588 Old 03-20-2017, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:

Help!
Sony VPL-HW45ES is not HDCP 2.2 compliant. Nothing you can do but unplug that.
post #9218 of 10588 Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravenMo View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this thread having recently purchased a 2050. I'm having a issue with the Audio Signal on HDMI input 1 automatically changing audio input to Audio 3 about 20 seconds after power on the AVR. The input system menu on the 2050 does not let me force HDMI only audio on HDMI 1. My thought is that a CEC system limitation on 2050 is causing the complication. I am connected to an Arris PVR that does not support CEC. All my other devices are CEC and the 2050 input system menu allows me to force HDMI only audio. I have no input device plugged into Audio 3 so I'm not sure why the 2050 would be picking up a signal.
Turn ARC off. If the CEC is thinks there is a tv it switches to one of the Audio inputs, which can be set as either 1 2 or 3. I had to disable ARC and CEC to get this to stop.
post #9219 of 10588 Old 03-21-2017, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Guys. Question for you about external power amps. I have a 2050 set up in 5.1.4. I like the way it sounds but I feel it could use a little more oomph on the front channels. According to the manual I can set the 2050 to run the fronts from a power amp but if I do that I lose the rear presence speakers (it turns them into another zone) and I don't want to do that. Is it possible on the 2050 to simply hook up the pre-amp out for the fronts to an external amp and run it without changing any parameters? Would this cause any damage to the 2050 having the built in amp for the fronts still enabled but no speaker loads attached? I don't plan to do anything anytime soon and was just thinking ahead of the game a little. Looking to see if this is even possible. Thanks in advance.
post #9220 of 10588 Old 03-21-2017, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
[Incoming wall_of_text!]
Dear AVS Community, I first wanted to thank everyone that is involved in this forum in contributing your time and knowledge to this wonderful little home. As an outsider that had very little experience with home A/V please never forget how invaluable your resources and knowledge are to those looking to get started for the first time. I couldn't have done my build without you!

That being said, I have scoured high and low and am stumped :/

Here is my gear: RX-A3050 11.1 setup, with rear presence powered using an external amp mounted in a custom rack installed in-wall. Everything through a power filter with inputs from the Samsung UHD BD, and my PC with a 980TI. Output goes to my wall mounted OLED 65 E6P. Wires were Monster Black Plat XP's (I found discounted 80% at a rural isolated Best Buy here in Washington-never would have paid full price ha!) and cables are BlueRigger high speed CL3 HDMI. All in-wall to Pioneer Elite Atmos speakers and a HSU VTF3 MK5 sub. Took me three years to save for and a whole year to install (thanks to your help and recommendations.)

Everything has worked gloriously for the past year or so-ish. Movies are flawless, sound from concerts is breathtaking and gaming from my Win10 PC was brilliant in [email protected] with 4:4:4 Chroma.

What makes me look like a total loser is that I hadn't ever updated the Yamaha's firmware from the stock config which was 1.66 or 1.68 or something. I didn't have any DTS-X titles and figured I would get around to it when I actually needed it.

Which leads to my current disaster. I updated to 1.89 the other day to play Ex-Machina (which was AMAZE btw) and everything went smoothly, kind of. I did a physical USB update as over wifi made me a little weary. The first time it error'ed out about halfway through. In a panic I didn't capture what it said and pulled the power so I could initiate a forced re-flash upon plugging it back in, which I did, and everything went perfect the second time. Power cycled and it came back up flawlessly in 1.89. Movie was brilliant.

Yesterday afternoon I went to use my PC to preview a presentation on my oled and low and behold, I can no longer get the receiver to recognize a [email protected] 4:4:4 output. It had worked perfectly a couple days before. It will do [email protected] 4:4:4 but not 60. It will do a [email protected] 4:2:2. I was able to run another longer 10m BlueRigger cable (an extra I had thank god) across the room and manually plug it in to the OLED directly from my PC so I wasn't hamstrung the rest of the day and bam [email protected] 4:4:4. (Which mind you is entirely in the spec of the TV, graphics card, OS and hdmi cable.) But no matter what I do, my 3050 will no longer accept a 4K60 4:4:4 input.

I tried reflashing 1.89. Reflashing with all of the hdmi's unplugged. Backed up my settings through the web interface and reinitialized the whole receiver. Reinitialized and then restored. I moved the PC right next to the receiver and tried a six foot BlueRigger to make sure it wasn't a length issue. Rebooted all devices, unplugged, re-plugged, danced on my head. No drivers have been changed on my PC and the only change was the 1.89 Yamaha firmware.

In my reading I see that firmware 1.77 included updates to the HDMI outs to enable HDMI 2.0a support. Could updating from the receivers stock HDMI 2.0 to 2.0a have disabled the cables I am using? (I am deducing it must be the cables.) Is it possible the error in question during my initial flashing had to do with the HDMI portion? I feel like I read somewhere during the 1.77 release that someone mentioned to make sure and not have anything plugged into the HDMI's when you go to update them to 2.0a. (Which I didn't do initially when I did the 1.89 because it mentioned nothing about doing so in the instructions.) Do the HDMI ports have their own separate firmware rom? If they do, is it possible that during the initial flashing when things error'ed out that it never completed going to 2.0a and it has left things in a limbo state? If it's not the cables could the receiver have been messed up and simply won't do high-speed 4K60 444 anymore? That seems illogical based on the fact everything else works including outpouring 4K UHD HDR from the Samsung UHD player.

I am not able to just get new HDMI cables without a tremendous amount of effort to re-open up all the walls and re-string the HDMI's. It took months to complete that part.

How is it possible that everything worked flawlessly for a year and now the receiver doesn't like the high speed cables I'm using after a firmware flash? I am at my wits end, this is a complete game breaker for me. Is it possible to downgrade back to something before 1.77? I'd rather forgo DTS-X in exchange for a working PC input.

Had anyone ever even heard of cables being rejected after a firmware update? This is nuts.

Help me AVS you're my only hope!
post #9221 of 10588 Old 03-21-2017, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Liked: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenne View Post
[Incoming wall_of_text!]

I think this boils down to: it worked before updating firmware with HDMI 2.0...it didn't work after updating firmware that 'activated' HDMI 2.0a.
Based on the fact you're trying to pass the absolute maximum bandwidth (18 Gbs), I think the only logical conclusion is the HDMI cables don't cut it. Which means: either "back off" your 4:4:4 setting, or get new HDMI cables. At least you didn't "brick" your AVR...
ILOVEMYHDTV likes this.

Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR [v1.81], LG 65EF9500 4K OLED [v4.25.70]
5.0.2 set-up: (4) Polk Monitor 10B's, (2) Polk Monitor 4's, Polk CS300 center
B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
Pioneer CLD-99 LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD [v1.80]
post #9222 of 10588 Old 03-21-2017, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 2704
Quote:
[Incoming wall_of_text!]

I am not able to just get new HDMI cables without a tremendous amount of effort to re-open up all the walls and re-string the HDMI's. It took months to complete that part.

How is it possible that everything worked flawlessly for a year and now the receiver doesn't like the high speed cables I'm using after a firmware flash? I am at my wits end, this is a complete game breaker for me. Is it possible to downgrade back to something before 1.77? I'd rather forgo DTS-X in exchange for a working PC input.

Had anyone ever even heard of cables being rejected after a firmware update? This is nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
I think this boils down to: it worked before updating firmware with HDMI 2.0...it didn't work after updating firmware that 'activated' HDMI 2.0a.
Based on the fact you're trying to pass the absolute maximum bandwidth (18 Gbs), I think the only logical conclusion is the HDMI cables don't cut it. Which means: either "back off" your 4:4:4 setting, or get new HDMI cables. At least you didn't "brick" your AVR...

If you are trying to get 4K60Hz 4:4:4 at 10 bits (or higher) then that is outside the HDMI spec and will not work. If 8 bit then that is right at the limit of HDMI 2.0 (regardless of-, a, or b). Another thing to look at is make sure your HDMI is set to Mode 1 on the Yamaha (perhaps the firmware update brought it back to the default Mode 2).

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
post #9223 of 10588 Old 03-21-2017, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsvetljo View Post
Sony VPL-HW45ES is not HDCP 2.2 compliant. Nothing you can do but unplug that.
I checked the sony projector specs, and it says HDCP 1.4 (as it is only a 1080 device, so hdcp 2.2 is not essential).

I assumed that an older device would still connect, but be limited to 1080p? Not so (for some reason).

Interestingly, I connected the Yamaha 3050 HDMI out to HDMI In 2 on the Sony projector (instead of HDMI1), and now everything seems to work! I am sure it is not a cable/power-on sequence issue - seems like there are undocumented differences between the two HDMI inputs on this projector... It is a brand new/current model with latest firmware, so no good reason for such incompatibilities.

Thanks for all the help!
post #9224 of 10588 Old 03-21-2017, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
If you are trying to get 4K60Hz 4:4:4 at 10 bits (or higher) then that is outside the HDMI spec and will not work. If 8 bit then that is right at the limit of HDMI 2.0 (regardless of-, a, or b). Another thing to look at is make sure your HDMI is set to Mode 1 on the Yamaha (perhaps the firmware update brought it back to the default Mode 2).

Only using 8bit, and yes, Mode 1 selected.
post #9225 of 10588 Old 03-23-2017, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Reboot

Quote:
[Incoming wall_of_text!]
Dear AVS Community, I first wanted to thank everyone that is involved in this forum in contributing your time and knowledge to this wonderful little home. As an outsider that had very little experience with home A/V please never forget how invaluable your resources and knowledge are to those looking to get started for the first time. I couldn't have done my build without you!

That being said, I have scoured high and low and am stumped :/

Here is my gear: RX-A3050 11.1 setup, with rear presence powered using an external amp mounted in a custom rack installed in-wall. Everything through a power filter with inputs from the Samsung UHD BD, and my PC with a 980TI. Output goes to my wall mounted OLED 65 E6P. Wires were Monster Black Plat XP's (I found discounted 80% at a rural isolated Best Buy here in Washington-never would have paid full price ha!) and cables are BlueRigger high speed CL3 HDMI. All in-wall to Pioneer Elite Atmos speakers and a HSU VTF3 MK5 sub. Took me three years to save for and a whole year to install (thanks to your help and recommendations.)

Everything has worked gloriously for the past year or so-ish. Movies are flawless, sound from concerts is breathtaking and gaming from my Win10 PC was brilliant in [email protected] with 4:4:4 Chroma.

What makes me look like a total loser is that I hadn't ever updated the Yamaha's firmware from the stock config which was 1.66 or 1.68 or something. I didn't have any DTS-X titles and figured I would get around to it when I actually needed it.

Which leads to my current disaster. I updated to 1.89 the other day to play Ex-Machina (which was AMAZE btw) and everything went smoothly, kind of. I did a physical USB update as over wifi made me a little weary. The first time it error'ed out about halfway through. In a panic I didn't capture what it said and pulled the power so I could initiate a forced re-flash upon plugging it back in, which I did, and everything went perfect the second time. Power cycled and it came back up flawlessly in 1.89. Movie was brilliant.

Yesterday afternoon I went to use my PC to preview a presentation on my oled and low and behold, I can no longer get the receiver to recognize a [email protected] 4:4:4 output. It had worked perfectly a couple days before. It will do [email protected] 4:4:4 but not 60. It will do a [email protected] 4:2:2. I was able to run another longer 10m BlueRigger cable (an extra I had thank god) across the room and manually plug it in to the OLED directly from my PC so I wasn't hamstrung the rest of the day and bam [email protected] 4:4:4. (Which mind you is entirely in the spec of the TV, graphics card, OS and hdmi cable.) But no matter what I do, my 3050 will no longer accept a 4K60 4:4:4 input.

I tried reflashing 1.89. Reflashing with all of the hdmi's unplugged. Backed up my settings through the web interface and reinitialized the whole receiver. Reinitialized and then restored. I moved the PC right next to the receiver and tried a six foot BlueRigger to make sure it wasn't a length issue. Rebooted all devices, unplugged, re-plugged, danced on my head. No drivers have been changed on my PC and the only change was the 1.89 Yamaha firmware.

In my reading I see that firmware 1.77 included updates to the HDMI outs to enable HDMI 2.0a support. Could updating from the receivers stock HDMI 2.0 to 2.0a have disabled the cables I am using? (I am deducing it must be the cables.) Is it possible the error in question during my initial flashing had to do with the HDMI portion? I feel like I read somewhere during the 1.77 release that someone mentioned to make sure and not have anything plugged into the HDMI's when you go to update them to 2.0a. (Which I didn't do initially when I did the 1.89 because it mentioned nothing about doing so in the instructions.) Do the HDMI ports have their own separate firmware rom? If they do, is it possible that during the initial flashing when things error'ed out that it never completed going to 2.0a and it has left things in a limbo state? If it's not the cables could the receiver have been messed up and simply won't do high-speed 4K60 444 anymore? That seems illogical based on the fact everything else works including outpouring 4K UHD HDR from the Samsung UHD player.

So when you moved to HDMI-2, it worked again, moving the cable is like a re-boot. re-boot your projector, then re-boot the Yamaha to see if that works for HDMI-1,, 99% of the time the HDMI cable is NOT the problem.. Good Luck, let us know results.
post #9226 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Yamaha has a new up date 2.05 wonder what changes there is.
post #9227 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 08:00 AM

Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1 View Post
Yamaha has a new up date 2.05 wonder what changes there is.
OK, thanks for the heads up... Have you checked Yamaha site where you can load the software on a Flash Drive and do the update that way? Sometimes there are instructions and more info? I am not in a position to go check this now.
post #9228 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 08:12 AM

Multiple Yamaha receivers dropping off the network, 2.05 Fixes This per Yamaha site

Looks like 2.05 fixes the problem with
Multiple Yamaha receivers dropping off the network! I never had any issues like this but some folks must have..
post #9229 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 117
My AirPlay connection sometimes drops, will this new firmware fixes the problem?

post #9230 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

one question. do you think Yamaha will do a update to support Dolby vision for the 3050? thanks.
post #9231 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
one question. do you think Yamaha will do a update to support Dolby vision for the 3050? thanks.
I would be very pleasantly SHOCKED out of my mind if they did...way too old of product and would simply discourage sales of newer products that include the support.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #9232 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
I would be very pleasantly SHOCKED out of my mind if they did...way too old of product and would simply discourage sales of newer products that include the support.
I just read that onkyo is doing a Dolby Vision firmware update for there 2016 models. read it on hi def web sight.
post #9233 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can someone help with RX a2050 YPAO subwoofer calibration? When I bought the receiver I did a ran the YPAO calibration once, and left it for months.

Decided to ran YPAO again, for various reasons, but mostly to try to improve subwoofer performance in an L shaped room, and some of the walls opposite to each other are not parallel.

After deciding between the 2 possible corner positoons for the sub for the one with similar response through the room, I started YPAO with the mic at the main sitting position, changing the sub knob volume level between YPAO measurements.
I experienced YPAO results which do not seem logical: With increase of woofer knob volume, the YPAO volume raises to a certain point, and than drops again, and increases again, and the distance varies from 5.8m to 0.3m in a similar fashion.
The results looked something like this:
Knob 20% -> distance 5.8m, volume -6db
Knob 25% - > distance 4.8m, volume -3db
Knob 30% - Distance 0.3m, volume -4db
Knob 35%-> distance 4.8m, volume -2db
Knob 40% - Distance 5.8m, volume -3.5db
Knob 45% -> distance 0.3m, distance +6db
Knob 50%- distance 0.3m, volume +8db

Left the knob on 35% and did 8 position YPAO.

The sub eq curve indicated a slight drop around 60hz and a maximum possible peak increase around 250hz (the sub max rated freq. is 150hz, I think) on 35% knob volume.

I remember with a marantz, there was a guide about calibration mic placement which made a huge improvement, I guess, there must be some trick for YPAO as well.
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by AVSnewbie123; 03-29-2017 at 11:25 AM.
post #9234 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I just read that onkyo is doing a Dolby Vision firmware update for there 2016 models. read it on hi def web sight.
I could see where Yamaha might be backed into a corner on the xx60 series (2016 models), but I really don't see that happening on the xx50 series (2015 models).

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #9235 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 6
A3050 not successfully passing 4K w/ HDR

I recently started upgrading my content to 4K in my home theatre. I have a JVC rs400 (projector), Roku Premiere +, Yamaha a3050, and an Oppo udp-203. I've put in Monoprice Certified cables and everything works supporting 4k w/HDR except when I try to run it through the Yamaha. I've got the latest firmware loaded (1.89) and I've set the 4k to Mode 1. When I try to feed a 4k/HDR signal from the Roku the screen goes to blank with intermittent horizontal sparkling. It works for everything else up to the 4K/HDR attempt. The same signals work fine when I go direct from the Roku or Oppo to the projector. It's only when I attempt to go through the receiver that it doesn't work. I have 3 ft and 20ft certified cables (Monoprice) going to/from the receiver. I have a bad feeling that it's a problem with the receiver. Maybe the firmware upgrade didn't really work. That was done quite awhile ago. I'm curious if anyone else had a similar challenge with an Aventage receiver and how did they resolve it.
post #9236 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 2704
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
I could see where Yamaha might be backed into a corner on the xx60 series (2016 models), but I really don't see that happening on the xx50 series (2015 models).
That would be pretty crappy since the x050 and x060 share the same HDMI boards.
Stanton likes this.

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
post #9237 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:

I know there has been a ton of DV talk on here lately about support but is this really a deal breaker or THAT important.

I know there is always something to upgrade over but it seemed like HDCP and atmos were big selling points for me. I haven't experienced DV yet, but I'm already assuming I can live without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TV: Panasonic 60" VT60 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 5.1.2 Definitive Technology BP7006 (front), DefTech studio 350's (rear), Def Tech Di6.5r (ceiling) Players: Raspberry Pi running OpenElec/Kodi, Roku, Sony Blu-ray Control: Control4, whole house automation
post #9238 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Just trying to be "positive" as I don't see them doing a firmware upgrade for it on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TV: Panasonic 60" VT60 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 5.1.2 Definitive Technology BP7006 (front), DefTech studio 350's (rear), Def Tech Di6.5r (ceiling) Players: Raspberry Pi running OpenElec/Kodi, Roku, Sony Blu-ray Control: Control4, whole house automation
post #9239 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_offshore View Post
I recently started upgrading my content to 4K in my home theatre. I have a JVC rs400 (projector), Roku Premiere +, Yamaha a3050, and an Oppo udp-203. I've put in Monoprice Certified cables and everything works supporting 4k w/HDR except when I try to run it through the Yamaha. I've got the latest firmware loaded (1.89) and I've set the 4k to Mode 1. When I try to feed a 4k/HDR signal from the Roku the screen goes to blank with intermittent horizontal sparkling. It works for everything else up to the 4K/HDR attempt. The same signals work fine when I go direct from the Roku or Oppo to the projector. It's only when I attempt to go through the receiver that it doesn't work. I have 3 ft and 20ft certified cables (Monoprice) going to/from the receiver. I have a bad feeling that it's a problem with the receiver. Maybe the firmware upgrade didn't really work. That was done quite awhile ago. I'm curious if anyone else had a similar challenge with an Aventage receiver and how did they resolve it.
What about from your UDP-203, can you get HDR through the 3050 from it? The reason I ask is that from my 203 UHD/HDR seems fine. I haven't tried any HDR from my Roku Ultra, though (just UHD).

post #9240 of 10588 Old 03-29-2017, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
That would be pretty crappy since the x050 and x060 share the same HDMI boards.
Perhaps so, but it would still surprise me. Companies are in business for one reason only, and they will pretty much always select the path which they feel will return them the greatest profit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
scenes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page