The "OFFICIAL" Yamaha 1050/2050/3050 Owner's thread. - Page 309 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23011Likes

post #9241 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin4730 View Post
I know there has been a ton of DV talk on here lately about support but is this really a deal breaker or THAT important.

I know there is always something to upgrade over but it seemed like HDCP and atmos were big selling points for me. I haven't experienced DV yet, but I'm already assuming I can live without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i see what you are saying. i am going to buy a 4k tv soon and when i buy it i want the tv to have dv. when i bought the 3050 dv was was just starting out. i was hoping i do not have to buy a new amp. i no things change fast some times to fast. thanks for your imput. have a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9242 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_offshore View Post
I recently started upgrading my content to 4K in my home theatre. I have a JVC rs400 (projector), Roku Premiere +, Yamaha a3050, and an Oppo udp-203. I've put in Monoprice Certified cables and everything works supporting 4k w/HDR except when I try to run it through the Yamaha. I've got the latest firmware loaded (1.89) and I've set the 4k to Mode 1. When I try to feed a 4k/HDR signal from the Roku the screen goes to blank with intermittent horizontal sparkling. It works for everything else up to the 4K/HDR attempt. The same signals work fine when I go direct from the Roku or Oppo to the projector. It's only when I attempt to go through the receiver that it doesn't work. I have 3 ft and 20ft certified cables (Monoprice) going to/from the receiver. I have a bad feeling that it's a problem with the receiver. Maybe the firmware upgrade didn't really work. That was done quite awhile ago. I'm curious if anyone else had a similar challenge with an Aventage receiver and how did they resolve it.
I replaced all my cables 6 footers with Blue Jeans cables and I've had zero issues since. I played Billy Lynn's Long Half Time Walk on my Oppo 203 with no issues. This film was shot in 4K 60 frames per second. That to me is the ultimate test of bandwidth for the HDMI cable pushing 18 GHZ. I'm stumped as to what the solution to your problem might be. Sorry. I have the latest firmware, and I'm not sure which HDMI mode I'm on.

LG 65 EF 9500,Yamaha 3050,Oppo 203
Directv C61 4K box, Apple TV, SONOS Connect
Triad Bronze Center, Triad Bronze LR-H Atmos, Elan inwall surrounds, Velodyne Subs,
Savant Remote, Harmony Ultimate Home remote
"It ain't 4K if it ain't shot in 4K"

Last edited by Carter D; 03-29-2017 at 02:57 PM.
post #9243 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I recently started upgrading my content to 4K in my home theatre. I have a JVC rs400 (projector), Roku Premiere +, Yamaha a3050, and an Oppo udp-203. I've put in Monoprice Certified cables and everything works supporting 4k w/HDR except when I try to run it through the Yamaha. I've got the latest firmware loaded (1.89) and I've set the 4k to Mode 1. When I try to feed a 4k/HDR signal from the Roku the screen goes to blank with intermittent horizontal sparkling. It works for everything else up to the 4K/HDR attempt. The same signals work fine when I go direct from the Roku or Oppo to the projector. It's only when I attempt to go through the receiver that it doesn't work. I have 3 ft and 20ft certified cables (Monoprice) going to/from the receiver. I have a bad feeling that it's a problem with the receiver. Maybe the firmware upgrade didn't really work. That was done quite awhile ago. I'm curious if anyone else had a similar challenge with an Aventage receiver and how did they resolve it.
I just got a firmware update, and will let you know how it works, hopefully I don't get the same problem you're experiencing and will check the HDMI mode that the 3050 is on and will report back.
Carter
Fingers crossed.

Triad Bronze Center, Triad Bronze LR-H Atmos, Elan inwall surrounds, Velodyne Subs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9244 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
I know there has been a ton of DV talk on here lately about support but is this really a deal breaker or THAT important.

The Dolby Vision I've seen on my LG is awesome, but since UHD BD players have dual HDMI outputs, it isn't a huge deal that the AVR can't pass it. Just another annoying thing about HT.

Hopefully a new Yamaha AVR will support it and feature an 11 channel amp while they're at it (for a 7.1.4 Atmos setup).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bluemoon737 likes this.

Ben
How good could it be if it isn't HD?
No longer contributing to Engadget HD
post #9245 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter D View Post
I just got a firmware update, and will let you know how it works, hopefully I don't get the same problem you're experiencing and will check the HDMI mode that the 3050 is on and will report back.
Carter
Fingers crossed.
Firmware update successful. Latest is 2.0.5. HDMI mode is 1. Tried Patriots Day on the Oppo 203, no issues thus far. Since you are on 1.8.9 maybe an upgrade would help.

post #9246 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Firmware update successful. Latest is 2.0.5. HDMI mode is 1. Tried Patriots Day on the Oppo 203, no issues thus far. Since you are on 1.8.9 maybe an upgrade would help.
According to Yamaha's website this firmware fixes "Drop off problem" whatever the heck that means, and no, no DV which is not likely to happen, even though I'm told the HDMI boards are the same as the 3060 which might get DV in a firmware update.

post #9247 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 02:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 147
"Yamaha is pleased to offer the following firmware update to ensure the best possible performance and latest features for your AV receiver.

This firmware includes

• 1. Fix Drop-Off problem"
version 2.05

Only one item listed as being updated.
post #9248 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdraw View Post
The Dolby Vision I've seen on my LG is awesome, but since UHD BD players have dual HDMI outputs, it isn't a huge deal that the AVR can't pass it. Just another annoying thing about HT.

Hopefully a new Yamaha AVR will support it and feature an 11 channel amp while they're at it (for a 7.1.4 Atmos setup).

Always caught in some upgrade trap.

I might be a little less worried because my next upgrade will be a projector and I know I won't have DV going that route anytime soon.

TV: Panasonic 60" VT60 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 5.1.2 Definitive Technology BP7006 (front), DefTech studio 350's (rear), Def Tech Di6.5r (ceiling) Players: Raspberry Pi running OpenElec/Kodi, Roku, Sony Blu-ray Control: Control4, whole house automation
post #9249 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 166
DV or Bust???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdraw View Post

I saw DV at the 2017 CES. A lot of DV picture quality will be the TV set itself, and a lot of models claim DV upgrades with new software. But today you have over 200 4K HDR movies and that is growing all the time.. HDR10 on a quality high end TV, like a LG, Sony, Samsung to name a few, can reproduce spectacular images on a 4K movie. Adding DV to a Yamaha receiver does not seem that complicated,, but I still think DV is a few years away.. And for widespread DV movies being on the shelf at Best Buy, will be years away.. Who wants to scrap a quality 4K HDR10 movie collection?? When it comes to what is more important, SOUND is the name of the game! 11.1 with ATMOS and DTS-X ranks high on my entertainment list.. Watching a 4K movie or BluRay or 3D movie with AWESOME sound is 90% of the enjoyment... HDR10 to DV upgrade for me seems like a very small increase in total enjoyment,, Plus I only go to the movies when I can see a movie in IMAX, and 3D is even better!! 25,000 watts of audio is the name of the game!!!! IMAX!!!

http://www.imax.com/content/imax-difference
post #9250 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert ham View Post
I saw DV at the 2017 CES. A lot of DV picture quality will be the TV set itself, and a lot of models claim DV upgrades with new software. But today you have over 200 4K HDR movies and that is growing all the time.. HDR10 on a quality high end TV, like a LG, Sony, Samsung to name a few, can reproduce spectacular images on a 4K movie. Adding DV to a Yamaha receiver does not seem that complicated,, but I still think DV is a few years away.. And for widespread DV movies being on the shelf at Best Buy, will be years away.. Who wants to scrap a quality 4K HDR10 movie collection?? When it comes to what is more important, SOUND is the name of the game! 11.1 with ATMOS and DTS-X ranks high on my entertainment list.. Watching a 4K movie or BluRay or 3D movie with AWESOME sound is 90% of the enjoyment... HDR10 to DV upgrade for me seems like a very small increase in total enjoyment,, Plus I only go to the movies when I can see a movie in IMAX, and 3D is even better!! 25,000 watts of audio is the name of the game!!!! IMAX!!!

http://www.imax.com/content/imax-difference
1. There is over 200 4k hdr movies? there are less than 150 currently available 4k blu rays from what I see.
Also there are over 100 dolby vision titles.

2. Who said anything about scrapping your hdr collection? There is no reason DV can't be added to existing movies via streaming the metadata.

3. I notice you say Dolby Vision is dependant on the tv. That is correct, and it currently makes it much better than HDR. Not only can Dolby vision reach much higher specs than HDR, it is also Dynamic not only per scene but also per tv. Meaning with Dolby Vision you can get something adapted to work best for whatever tv you have compared to HDR which just blasts whatever it says no matter what your tv can put out.

4. And back to scrapping HDR. You do realize HDR-10 is actually already dead right? It has been dropped for a new dynamic version which requires yet another HDMI upgrade.

5. And as far as comparing the two. I can stream a movie in dolby vision, which will have horrible compression and such, and certain scenes still look better than HDR-10 from a 4k blu - ray of the same movie. You may not notice it in every single scene, but the scenes with a lot of highlights have a clear difference.

Dolby vision in my opinion is a much better form of HDR while not even requiring HDMI upgrades.
post #9251 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
I did the firmware update as well. It did not fix the problem. I am already running the Oppo direct to the projector. Zero issues with that and impressive. If Oppo issues a firmware update that enables HDR through the HDMI input (on the Oppo) I will have the option to run the Roku through the Oppo and bypass the receiver for all HDR content. However, I'll be pretty disappointed with Yamaha if I end up having to do that.
post #9252 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 07:25 PM

Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
1. There is over 200 4k hdr movies? there are less than 150 currently available 4k blu rays from what I see.
Also there are over 100 dolby vision titles.

2. Who said anything about scrapping your hdr collection? There is no reason DV can't be added to existing movies via streaming the metadata.

3. I notice you say Dolby Vision is dependant on the tv. That is correct, and it currently makes it much better than HDR. Not only can Dolby vision reach much higher specs than HDR, it is also Dynamic not only per scene but also per tv. Meaning with Dolby Vision you can get something adapted to work best for whatever tv you have compared to HDR which just blasts whatever it says no matter what your tv can put out.

4. And back to scrapping HDR. You do realize HDR-10 is actually already dead right? It has been dropped for a new dynamic version which requires yet another HDMI upgrade.

5. And as far as comparing the two. I can stream a movie in dolby vision, which will have horrible compression and such, and certain scenes still look better than HDR-10 from a 4k blu - ray of the same movie. You may not notice it in every single scene, but the scenes with a lot of highlights have a clear difference.

Dolby vision in my opinion is a much better form of HDR while not even requiring HDMI upgrades.
I see Best Buy is showing 171 titles, but I read on some webpage that showed 218 titles! Maybe that is World Wide and not just USA?? I don"t disagree with your comments, and yes on the HDR10, and DV on some titles... My new Sony X800 , just a month old does not menton DV suport, but Sony said it could it SONY decided to activate it!!! X800 and Sony 940C are both 4K HDR, but Sony will not talk about upgrades that will authorize DV in particular the TV set... That is OK, I am a Big 3D fan and have a large collection, Grand kids love coming over as Grandpa has a 3D TV set and movies to watch! :-).. New TV sets, 2017 don't have 3D anymore except for a few Sony's. My statement on scraping my HDR movies was a misstatement on my part, hell I still have my TOSHIBA HD-DVD players and 70 movie titles!!
post #9253 of 10555 Old 03-29-2017, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert ham View Post
I see Best Buy is showing 171 titles, but I read on some webpage that showed 218 titles! Maybe that is World Wide and not just USA?? I don"t disagree with your comments, and yes on the HDR10, and DV on some titles... My new Sony X800 , just a month old does not menton DV suport, but Sony said it could it SONY decided to activate it!!! X800 and Sony 940C are both 4K HDR, but Sony will not talk about upgrades that will authorize DV in particular the TV set... That is OK, I am a Big 3D fan and have a large collection, Grand kids love coming over as Grandpa has a 3D TV set and movies to watch! :-).. New TV sets, 2017 don't have 3D anymore except for a few Sony's. My statement on scraping my HDR movies was a misstatement on my part, hell I still have my TOSHIBA HD-DVD players and 70 movie titles!!
Best Buy will actually list movies that are not even out for a few months . That is probably why it is so high.

But recently Dolby did start allowing companies to work with them to make an update that can make tvs support Dolby Vision eventually.
post #9254 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

I know there is always something to upgrade over but it seemed like HDCP and atmos were big selling points for me. I haven't experienced DV yet, but I'm already assuming I can live without it.

Well, I bought the 3050 for HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR10/Vision and Atmos/DTS:X at release, and last year I upgraded to an LG OLED E6 with DV. When DV was announced they said it was possible to send the metadata on HDMI 1.4 and upwards, as long both player and TV had a DV chip.

If I really have to upgrade my 3050 to 3070 this year (I won't, not before HDMI 2.1) or next year, I would be a bit dissepointed, cause I would love to have the ability to play new UHD bluray's with DV instead of HDR10 on my OLED. The 3050 is a great receiver and I was hoping for it to last a bit longer. (I skipped 2014 models beacuse I hoped the 2015 model would be a bit more future proof (until 8k era.)

Anyway, if DV will not passthrough like HDR10, and the 2016 models get's a firmware update, I would be disappointed. I wish a had a cheaper and more predictable hobby
Kevin4730 likes this.

YAMAHA RX-A3050 7.1.4 ATMOS - DTS:X | Klipsch Referance RF82II - RC62II - RS52II - RS41II - RP-140SA | SVS PB-2000 | LG OLED E6 65"
post #9255 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
I did the firmware update as well. It did not fix the problem. I am already running the Oppo direct to the projector. Zero issues with that and impressive. If Oppo issues a firmware update that enables HDR through the HDMI input (on the Oppo) I will have the option to run the Roku through the Oppo and bypass the receiver for all HDR content. However, I'll be pretty disappointed with Yamaha if I end up having to do that.
So is it only with the Roku going through the Yamaha that you can't get HDR to work? Does HDR from the Oppo through the Yamaha work ok (I ask as that's what I'm doing and it works for me).

If that is the case then I feel it's more likely a handshake issue with the Roku then it is a problem with the Yamaha passing the HDR. For some reason it's not detecting that your TV supports HDR when the Yamaha is in the chain (it should).

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
post #9256 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 53
hi all. JUST updated to 2.05
yanks1 likes this.

PS3+4---> CHiNGOBLiNG ; XB1X -->cata1= RUBEN...YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!!... "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER".7/22/16....just a KLIPSCH NUT..>7/22/16...2new videos show..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWO0YtCWQxI.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIen05Wcg9w. u can even look from when I started about to present day.... i stutter sometimes....
post #9257 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
So is it only with the Roku going through the Yamaha that you can't get HDR to work? Does HDR from the Oppo through the Yamaha work ok (I ask as that's what I'm doing and it works for me).

If that is the case then I feel it's more likely a handshake issue with the Roku then it is a problem with the Yamaha passing the HDR. For some reason it's not detecting that your TV supports HDR when the Yamaha is in the chain (it should).
Actually, the Oppo HDR signal does go through the Yamaha just fine. However, I believe that the normal UHD/HDR movie sends a 4k/24Hz, 4:2:2, 10bit depth signal which is still under 10.2 Gbps. I think that the Roku, in HDR mode, is defaulting to a 4k/60Hz, 4:2:2 (or 4:2:0), 10 bit depth which requires bandwidth greater than 10.2 Gbps. This tells me that the Yamaha is not handling the >10.2 Gbps throughput requirement. Again, if I go direct from the Roku to the Projector the video signal is okay. That indicates that the cables are handling the throughput. I would note that the "test" that the Roku uses to limit what it sends out shows successful compatibility through the Yamaha to the Projector for 4k/60Hz, HDR. I presume it says that because I put the 4K option to Mode 1 which means the metadata tags are being passed back on forth successfully across all the devices. In turn, that tells the Roku that it can send the higher bandwidth signal but it doesn't actually work when I do. I don't know if the 1.77 firmware update didn't correctly update something or there's an internal component issue/limitation. I don't know how the processing works inside the Yamaha. Can anybody shed some light on what I'm observing? Or, am I getting my analysis wrong? I might also ask whether anyone/everyone else is successfully sending higher bandwidth HDR signals from a Roku device through a Yamaha?
post #9258 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2195 Post(s)
Liked: 2696
Quote:
Actually, the Oppo HDR signal does go through the Yamaha just fine. However, I believe that the normal UHD/HDR movie sends a 4k/24Hz, 4:2:2, 10bit depth signal which is still under 10.2 Gbps. I think that the Roku, in HDR mode, is defaulting to a 4k/60Hz, 4:2:2 (or 4:2:0), 10 bit depth which requires bandwidth greater than 10.2 Gbps. This tells me that the Yamaha is not handling the >10.2 Gbps throughput requirement. Again, if I go direct from the Roku to the Projector the video signal is okay. That indicates that the cables are handling the throughput. I would note that the "test" that the Roku uses to limit what it sends out shows successful compatibility through the Yamaha to the Projector for 4k/60Hz, HDR. I presume it says that because I put the 4K option to Mode 1 which means the metadata tags are being passed back on forth successfully across all the devices. In turn, that tells the Roku that it can send the higher bandwidth signal but it doesn't actually work when I do. I don't know if the 1.77 firmware update didn't correctly update something or there's an internal component issue/limitation. I don't know how the processing works inside the Yamaha. Can anybody shed some light on what I'm observing? Or, am I getting my analysis wrong? I might also ask whether anyone/everyone else is successfully sending higher bandwidth HDR signals from a Roku device through a Yamaha?
You can force the Oppo to output 4:2:2 12 bit 60p which will put you at the 17.8Gbps bandwidth limit. My 3050 works fine with the full bandwidth requirement. Billy Lynn's disk is the true test of any set up for bandwidth compliance and mine plays just fine.

-Jeff-
Man cave: Sony XBR75Z9D, Marantz SR8012, and OPPO UDP-203
Living room: Sony XBR75X950G, Denon x4500, and Sony UBP-X800M2
post #9259 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
I seriously doubt that your problem is the Yamaha AVR. If it was lots of folks here would be complaining. I still feel that you are having a handshake problem with the Roku when you insert the Yamaha in the chain. Either a cable or Roku problem is my guess.
bluemoon737 likes this.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X700, Roku Ultra
post #9260 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 12:11 PM

You are absolutely right! I went through the whole test using the Oppo and passed everything with flying colors (all the way up). Some slowness compared to the direct connect with the projector but no errors or problems. It has to be the Roku connected to the Yamaha because I've already validated the Roku direct to the Projector with a short and long cable. It was only when I directed the Roku through the Yamaha that I had the issue. I just got the Oppo last week so I was still stuck on testing with the Roku and not thinking enough about figuring out if it was an issue with the Roku to Yamaha handshake. Thanks for your help! Now I think I need to follow-up this up with Roku. I haven't seen any chatter specific to a Roku-Yamaha handshake problem but the Roku Premiere+ is still relatvely new. I'm just glad to have my faith restored in the Yamaha.
post #9261 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 12:29 PM

Actually, I should say thanks to both of you! The combination of suggestions/thoughts were critical to working this through.
post #9262 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Actually, I should say thanks to both of you! The combination of suggestions/thoughts were critical to working this through.
Just a thought...where on the Yamaha are you plugging in the Roku?

-Jeff-
post #9263 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Just a thought...where on the Yamaha are you plugging in the Roku?
So far I tried three different HDMI inputs with the Roku: AV1, AV3, and AV4. Same result across all of them.
post #9264 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 117
After updating to the latest firmware, my AirPlay seems to be stable, but I think I need to give it more runs...

post #9265 of 10555 Old 03-30-2017, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So far I tried three different HDMI inputs with the Roku: AV1, AV3, and AV4. Same result across all of them.
Okay, just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to use the front HDMI.

-Jeff-
post #9266 of 10555 Old 03-31-2017, 06:57 AM

4k uhd! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmak View Post
After updating to the latest firmware, my AirPlay seems to be stable, but I think I need to give it more runs...
Updated the software last night, watched Magnificent Seven in 4K UHD from my Sony X800 and everything was perfect.. Pushing the INFO button on my remote before the upgrade NEVER Showed ATMOS on the front of the display, only in the information menu,, but now it does!!!!
FizzGiGG, a5ian300zx and yanks1 like this.
post #9267 of 10555 Old 04-01-2017, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Question: A bit late but out of curiosity, what would my config called on my 2050?

2 front speakers w/subwoofer; 2 "surround" speakers; no back speakers. I had the 2050 setup as a 4.1 system. Don't know if that is correct since there are no back/rear speakers.

The side speakers were set as "surround" because looking at the speaker settings, that is location of the speakers: next to the sofa. No back speakers as there is a wall behind the sofa in the small living room. The setup works as I really don't want too much sound coming from the "rear" speakers.
post #9268 of 10555 Old 04-01-2017, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone!

I'm from Lima, Peru. I have a Yamaha A3050, bought it cuz i was impressed of its capabilities and features, but sadly Im not that pro as I would like. I've already used the YPAO, being playing with it for a while. My setup is a 11.2 (7.2.4 Atmos), powering the overhead with a Denon 2313CI. A couple days ago I bought the BvS BD, excited to watch it in Atmos, but...I've noticed in the scene where Batman fights against a bunch of guys to save Martha (:v), the sounds from the guns' shots, knives, punches, etc. I can barely hear them. Also when the batmobile was shooting, its sound didnt stand out at all, it was more of a background sound. Then I played other action movies and noticed that as well. When it comes to bombs and explosion, Im more that satisfied on how the Yamaha produces those sounds. Anyways, how can I make this sounds (guns'shots, knives, punches, swords) stand out? With my Denon (b4 buying the Yamaha) didn't have that problem. Can anyone help me with this? A friend told me I should play with the EQ Parameter, but like I said Im not that pro to know what to change and how. I would greatly appreciate if someone can give me an advice, or where to find a tutorial for this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Home Theater.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	2062193  
post #9269 of 10555 Old 04-03-2017, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
anyone here with a 3050 successfully install a sony ubp-x800 and run it through the Yamaha with no issues?

i'm running an xbox one s, Nvidia shield, Tivo bolt and a Samsung UHD player all through the 3050 with no issues with the 3050 set to HDMI mode 1. all being sent to a sony 65x900c with no issues.

the x800 will only work if i set the 3050 to HDMI mode 2. Unfortunately that borks the 4k and game HDR settings on the Xbox and messes with 4k/HDR apps on most of my boxes.

its definitely not a HDMI cable issue as i've swapped out 5 different 18gbs cables and same result each time (no picture) with the ubp-x800 when the 3050 is set to HDMI mode 1. i was hoping to consolidate my Samsung player and an older pioneer universal player into one unit, but if i cant get the Sony unit to work i'll just take it back and save $300..... the Samsung unit is not so bad that have to put up with quirks of the Sony player.

thanks in advance for input.
post #9270 of 10555 Old 04-03-2017, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So weird update, before this firmware my AVR had an issue where I could not hook the 2 HMDI out puts to two different HDMI types. For example my tvs hdmi port 5 is a lower HDMI revision and has less input lag for gaming. But after the update the HDMI outputs are now working correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
scenes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page