Pioneer Elite AVR's.. SC-95, SC-97 SC-99 - Page 269 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4567Likes

post #8041 of 8086 Old 06-27-2019, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked: 407
That's why I don't update firmwares unless it fixes a bug that I am having issues with... I have a couple of QNAP NAS arrays and was fine on a firmware dated Aug2018... I decided to update the firmware and have been having issues streaming videos since then... I had read several issues with Pioneer's firmware updates so i have not updated them (I have two SC97s) after the second firmware was installed that fixed some bugs...

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8042 of 8086 Old 06-28-2019, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
posted a new thread about this, and realized i probabyl should have posted it here instead.

I have a new-to-me pioneer elite vsx-90 that I am having trouble setting something up for. Pioneers are often tricky with wording for what they call things in the manual and though i have read the whole manual I cant seem to figure this out one.

I have two inputs, and two outputs

inputs
1) BD - a 1080 source (fire tv cube)
2) DVD - a 4k HDR source (4:2:2 12bit) or if i set it differently, 4:4:4 8bit. HTPC

outputs:
1) HDMI OUT 2 an older 1080p tv, mainly so my mother-in-law can watch her old sitcoms, no need for high quality
2) HDMI OUT 1 my 43 inch, 4k, HDR display

wiring:

fully rated 18gbps cables to both tvs, inputs are what they are, and I have the 4k tv on HDMI out 1, and the 1080p on hdmi out 2

What i would like to do:

Id like to permanently map the BD source to hdmi out 2, so whenever that input is switched to, it outputs to the 1080p tv, and when DVD is selected, have it automatically output to HDMI 1, the 4k tv.

I can send the signal of either input to either output (or 1+2) with the outp button on the remote, but id prefer not to have to switch it every time, i want to set up permanent mappings based on the input source.

I can actually display both at once, if i turn on HDzone, which is a cool feature, and works well. Unfortunately with HDzone on, i cant do 4:4:4 chroma, its just a limitation of the receiver listed in the manual.
post #8043 of 8086 Old 06-28-2019, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
That's why I don't update firmwares unless it fixes a bug that I am having issues with... I have a couple of QNAP NAS arrays and was fine on a firmware dated Aug2018... I decided to update the firmware and have been having issues streaming videos since then... I had read several issues with Pioneer's firmware updates so i have not updated them (I have two SC97s) after the second firmware was installed that fixed some bugs...

Thanks for the note. I spent $60 to ship it to Adams Electronics in CA who Pioneer said was the closet service center to Seattle. Just got the call. $120 to diagnose which goes towards repair. It needs a new processor board so another $382.65 plus shipping back. They said if Pioneer is aware of the issue that the replacement boards should not have the same issue if they fixed them. I could either spend $1,600 for a new Denon AVR-X4500H or the $500 for the Pioneer repair which is what I decided to do.

Regardless, I will never look to upgrade firmware again on my SC-97 or SC-95 as long as they work. When they stop working, I will move to Denon.

Pioneer SC-97|Integra ADM-20.4|Sony PS-HX500|OPPO UDP-205|Sony XBR85X900F|DirecTV HR44|AppleTV 4k|Sony PS4|Nintendo WiiU|Amazon Fire TV|Panamax M5400-PM|Harmony Elite|Dolby Atmos 7.2.4|Klipsch: 2 RP-280F, RP-450C, 2 R-115SW, 4 Quintet III, 4 CDT-5800-C II|12AWG|AudioQuest: Vodka HDMI, Golden Gate RCA, USB Noise Filter, Cinnamon USB to DAC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8044 of 8086 Old 07-10-2019, 11:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by acras13 View Post
Its the output HDMI , all of the outputs stopped sending video . Inputs I assume were still working , I could get audio from all the inputs I use by unplugging the source and hooking my shield to each and casting to it from my phone ( only way I could think of to get something with no video output to see what I was doing ) .

I'm pretty sure its the HDMI board too , the problem was Pioneers website sucks . I navigated to their find a service center option 3 different ways , and each returned zero results .

This morning I called Pioneer and they gave me the info on one of their authorized repair centers George Meyer https://www.georgemeyer-av.com/
The CS agent said this shop does warranty repair as well as non-warranty , I found my receipt just after getting off the phone , I'm a year out of warranty so this will be out of pocket . Unfortunately they told me that it will be at least 2 weeks before their tech can dig into my unit to see how much its going to cost to fix. This shop charges $80 up front for troubleshooting , that goes toward the repair if you go with the fix .

Thanks for the link USC , I had them pulled up last night when I looked for receiver repair before contacting Pioneer . I'm with you on the price of repair , I might go a little bit more because of the class D amps , the DAC , and honestly , I got this thing for a small fraction of full retail (1/3) so I'm still way under the cost of admission if I sink a few hundred into it .

I picked up a Denon S940 to fill the gap until I find out about the Pioneer , steep discount again , because this is my primary watching/listening setup with a projector so I need something to run speakers etc. I can either move this into the bedroom , or sell it and probably make a little money to help pay for the repairs .

Thanks guys
Quoting myself to update .

So I dropped off my SC-95 at George Meyer , recommended by Pioneer on June 10 . They said it would be about 2 weeks for them to get to troubleshooting it . I gave them extra time , but got fed up today (July 10) and called in . They put me on hold , came back after about 5 minutes and said that they would call me later in the afternoon when they had an estimate for repair , said they had to get a price for parts . A MONTH to get around to opening it up and getting a price for an HDMI board? Yeah , I don't want to see how long the actual repair will take them .

I drive the 40 minutes to the shop and ask for my receiver back , they say " no repair?" I respond with " no , you decided to not evaluate it in a month even though you charged me $80 and I don't trust you to do the work now . The girl helping me grabs the ticket and goes to the back , comes back , tells the other girl whats happening , they both go in the back . couple minutes pass , some kid walks out , sets my receiver on the counter and walks away , no word. I make sure it's my receiver and stand around for a bit , expecting paperwork , an explanation of what they found , a slap across the face , something . Everyone stayed in the back room , so I pick up my avr and leave .

Driving away I get on the phone with my bank to contest the charge . They didn't tell me anything so the diagnostic fee should be refunded . My bank started a ticket and I'm mad that I still need my receiver repaired . Apparently while I was on the phone with my bank , someone from the shop called me , she said she heard what had happened and tht they wanted to refund the fee , so at least they somewhat admitted they screwed up .

She apologized and said that they value their customers , but this is a busy time of year for them and their tech got backed up . Come on , electronic repair in Southern California is seasonal? the brutal winter really takes its toll on receivers around here and we have to repair all the damage from road salt and tornadoes?

SO warning to anyone in Los Angeles , don't go to George Meyer AV if you need service . I'll be going to the shop that @usc1995 recommended , I didn't notice that it was minutes from my house before , hopefully I'll have my Pioneer back soon , this temporary Denon is good , but doesn't come close to the Pioneer

Turn that $*!# UP!! --Beethoven
post #8045 of 8086 Old 07-10-2019, 11:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Its the output HDMI , all of the outputs stopped sending video . Inputs I assume were still working , I could get audio from all the inputs I use by unplugging the source and hooking my shield to each and casting to it from my phone ( only way I could think of to get something with no video output to see what I was doing ) .

I'm pretty sure its the HDMI board too , the problem was Pioneers website sucks . I navigated to their find a service center option 3 different ways , and each returned zero results .

This morning I called Pioneer and they gave me the info on one of their authorized repair centers George Meyer https://www.georgemeyer-av.com/
The CS agent said this shop does warranty repair as well as non-warranty , I found my receipt just after getting off the phone , I'm a year out of warranty so this will be out of pocket . Unfortunately they told me that it will be at least 2 weeks before their tech can dig into my unit to see how much its going to cost to fix. This shop charges $80 up front for troubleshooting , that goes toward the repair if you go with the fix .

Thanks for the link USC , I had them pulled up last night when I looked for receiver repair before contacting Pioneer . I'm with you on the price of repair , I might go a little bit more because of the class D amps , the DAC , and honestly , I got this thing for a small fraction of full retail (1/3) so I'm still way under the cost of admission if I sink a few hundred into it .

I picked up a Denon S940 to fill the gap until I find out about the Pioneer , steep discount again , because this is my primary watching/listening setup with a projector so I need something to run speakers etc. I can either move this into the bedroom , or sell it and probably make a little money to help pay for the repairs .

Thanks guys

So I dropped off my SC-95 at George Meyer , recommended by Pioneer on June 10 . They said it would be about 2 weeks for them to get to troubleshooting it . I gave them extra time , but got fed up today (July 10) and called in . They put me on hold , came back after about 5 minutes and said that they would call me later in the afternoon when they had an estimate for repair , said they had to get a price for parts . A MONTH to get around to opening it up and getting a price for an HDMI board? Yeah , I don't want to see how long the actual repair will take them .

I drive the 40 minutes to the shop and ask for my receiver back , they say " no repair?" I respond with " no , you decided to not evaluate it in a month even though you charged me $80 and I don't trust you to do the work now . The girl helping me grabs the ticket and goes to the back , comes back , tells the other girl whats happening , they both go in the back . couple minutes pass , some kid walks out , sets my receiver on the counter and walks away , no word. I make sure it's my receiver and stand around for a bit , expecting paperwork , an explanation of what they found , a slap across the face , something . Everyone stayed in the back room , so I pick up my avr and leave .

Driving away I get on the phone with my bank to contest the charge . They didn't tell me anything so the diagnostic fee should be refunded . My bank started a ticket and I'm mad that I still need my receiver repaired . Apparently while I was on the phone with my bank , someone from the shop called me , she said she heard what had happened and tht they wanted to refund the fee , so at least they somewhat admitted they screwed up .

She apologized and said that they value their customers , but this is a busy time of year for them and their tech got backed up . Come on , electronic repair in Southern California is seasonal? the brutal winter really takes its toll on receivers around here and we have to repair all the damage from road salt and tornadoes?

SO warning to anyone in Los Angeles , don't go to George Meyer AV if you need service . I'll be going to the shop that @usc1995 recommended , I didn't notice that it was minutes from my house before , hopefully I'll have my Pioneer back soon , this temporary Denon is good , but doesn't come close to the Pioneer

post #8046 of 8086 Old 07-10-2019, 11:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks guys

post #8047 of 8086 Old 07-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:

Thanks for letting us know how it went even though you had a bad experience. I hope those guys in Torrance can fix it for you. I have been debating having my very first AVR I bought back in 1992 repaired as I think it should be fixable and likely cheaper than a new amp for my office system. I may follow you over to Brent AV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8048 of 8086 Old 07-11-2019, 09:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Went by Brent today , I like the guys there . Told them the situation and where I had gone , they were polite about Meyer , but said that they had heard from others of similar experiences , and worse .

They said that they could repair it for me , but that the HDMI boards on almost all receivers are crap , and that there was a good chance that the replacement board would fail . They gave me the name of a supplier for the board and said it's a fairly easy repair if I want to do it , but recommended an outboard solution . They said to get an external switch ( splitter? hell , brain fart) so I don't have to send the video signal through the receiver . Now to research what will do what I want from my source devices . Anyone have any suggestions ? I would like at least 4 HDMI inputs and the 2 outputs to send audio to the Pioneer and video to my PJ . Would like to have a remote and be able to plug in a remote ir receiver because my equipment is in a different room and I want to be lazy . Thanks

post #8049 of 8086 Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
It’s the HDMI board needs replacing. If they have the part, they can just swap the board, re-do the firmware, and you’ll be good to go in 24-48 hours.

Is this a common or known problem with the Pioneers? I have two SC-97s that replaced failed SC-67s and am a bit concerned.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #8050 of 8086 Old 07-11-2019, 11:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is this a common or known problem with the Pioneers? I have two SC-97s that replaced failed SC-67s and am a bit concerned.
According to what they told me , its too common with almost all receivers . They said that Onkyo , Denon , Marantz and Pioneers all have failures more frequently than they like to see , and that the replacement boards aren't improved so the same chance of failure . Told me about a customer that had a Marantz that had 3 HDMI board failures that were repaired under warranty , and he brought it to them twice out of warranty , and each of those repairs was several hundred dollars . Based off my experience I would assume that they tried to dissuade him from doing the repair but if someone wants to spend money...

Update on mine; I couldn't find the HDMI board on the site they suggested , or anywhere else , so looks like my only option to keep the Pioneer is an outboard device . Well , I could keep using the Denon I picked up for interim use , and remember to never bother buying expensive receivers since the HDMI board is a crap shoot . I would be furious if I had paid full freight on this thing , I paid 1/3 retail for it and I'm still pretty steamed . A little over 2 years and it's useless for my application without buying another piece of equipment .

post #8051 of 8086 Old 07-12-2019, 03:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 664
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
It’️s the HDMI board needs replacing. If they have the part, they can just swap the board, re-do the firmware, and you’️ll be good to go in 24-48 hours.

In the last 10 years, I’ve seen this happened twice. Both happened literally on the same day and both of them were caused by surge on the HDMI (cable box sent the surge through HDMI cable, both customers live about 10 minutes walk of each other)

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo
ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED & WifiHifi Magazines
my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre
post #8052 of 8086 Old 07-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
According to what they told me , its too common with almost all receivers . They said that Onkyo , Denon , Marantz and Pioneers all have failures more frequently than they like to see , and that the replacement boards aren't improved so the same chance of failure . Told me about a customer that had a Marantz that had 3 HDMI board failures that were repaired under warranty , and he brought it to them twice out of warranty , and each of those repairs was several hundred dollars . Based off my experience I would assume that they tried to dissuade him from doing the repair but if someone wants to spend money...

Update on mine; I couldn't find the HDMI board on the site they suggested , or anywhere else , so looks like my only option to keep the Pioneer is an outboard device . Well , I could keep using the Denon I picked up for interim use , and remember to never bother buying expensive receivers since the HDMI board is a crap shoot . I would be furious if I had paid full freight on this thing , I paid 1/3 retail for it and I'm still pretty steamed . A little over 2 years and it's useless for my application without buying another piece of equipment .

I think this should do what you need it to do but I haven’t used it https://sewelldirect.com/4x2-hdmi-20-matrix

What kind of a PJ are you running? Are you running a full Atmos setup too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #8053 of 8086 Old 07-12-2019, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1995 View Post
I think this should do what you need it to do but I haven’t used it https://sewelldirect.com/4x2-hdmi-20-matrix

What kind of a PJ are you running? Are you running a full Atmos setup too?

Thanks for the link , that looks a little better than the monoprice units that I've checked so far .

I have a Benq ht2050 right now and haven't set up atmos , although wired for it . I'm thinking that I want a switch that can do everything my next upgrade cycle needs (4k , hopefully at 60 or more , atmos ) so I don't have to upgrade the switch again , barring failure . I haven't seen any that list that they are atmos capable yet , but I've only looked a bit so far .

Prime day is next week so I'll see if that sewell , or if someone has experience with one chimes in , can be picked up for a few bucks less . I can survive a few more days on the Denon... or... see if I can input to the denon , use it for video out to the PJ , pass unaltered audio down to the pioneer for it to do the audio processing... hmm, I already have the Denon , it has 2 hdmi outs ... HOLD MY BEER!

post #8054 of 8086 Old 08-07-2019, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Send a message via Yahoo to darfnader Send a message via Skype™ to darfnader
[quote=hsc1102;57044254]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcavila View Post
I had the same issue with my SC-97 and it drove me crazy. What I was able to determine is that if you are utilizing wifi connection on the av receiver, the green screen happens if there is any kind of disruption in your wifi connection. I have since turned off wifi and now utilize the wired ethernet connection to connect the receiver to the internet. Since I made the change, I have not had any issues with the green screen when entering the menu.
I actually use a wired connection with wifi off but it happens continuously so it's not that. I think it's either just buggy firmware or a shiddy processor pipeline that doesn't automatically reload when it locks up. (Appliances that use firmware really should have simple watchdog devices that ensure the thing is still actually functional and reload the firmware when things get corrupted. The thing effectively has LOM- it wouldn't be that much more of an expense... just foresight.)

Anyway, while the problem is highly annoying, but thanks to helpful soul on this group, I found out the trick to do a "soft reset" is just holding the power button for about 10 seconds when the unit is on and then powering it back up after. Like most devices, holding the power button drains a standby capacitor of the device so any volatile state info is wiped. Unplugging the unit for a while and plugging it back it apparently does the same thing, but this is clearly easier. Once it this cycle is complete, it's back to normal- for a while anyway. The person who helped me (I can't find their reply but whomever you are- thanks!) mentioned that you have to wait for the menu system (presumably loaded from firmware) to come back to life, but I found it was usable almost immediately after the reset. This is far easier than the full factor reset! For me, it seems okay for about 3 months before it goes back to its evil ways.
post #8055 of 8086 Old 08-11-2019, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Random question about my SC-95. When watching multi-channel Audio movies (MKV files through Kodi via Nvidia ShieldTV), Dolby Surround doesn’t display / isn’t an option. If I change surround via auto on the remote, I either get just EXT STEREO -or- STEREO. I see multiple channel lights lit up, so I know it’s receiving all of the channels.

Am I doing something stupid / do I need to change a setting on the ShieldTV?

post #8056 of 8086 Old 08-11-2019, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Hi guys. Im new to pioneer. I got a 932 but I was planning on upgrading it to the top of the line. Can you help me understan the Pioneer lines?
Entry Level: VSX?
Mid Level: LX?
High Level: SC?
I think I am lost, am I?
post #8057 of 8086 Old 08-12-2019, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Edge View Post
Random question about my SC-95. When watching multi-channel Audio movies (MKV files through Kodi via Nvidia ShieldTV), Dolby Surround doesn’t display / isn’t an option. If I change surround via auto on the remote, I either get just EXT STEREO -or- STEREO. I see multiple channel lights lit up, so I know it’s receiving all of the channels.

Am I doing something stupid / do I need to change a setting on the ShieldTV?

Did you enable Audio Passthru in Kodi? Thats what needs to happen to enable the SC-95 to decode advanced formats. I'm able to send everything (Atmos, DTS-MA, etc.) to my SC-99.

--Steve
post #8058 of 8086 Old 08-12-2019, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello i have an sc-95 im trying to figure out how many hdmi ports on the sc-95 support 4k hdr. im trying to see how many devices i can connect i would really appricate the help thank you!
post #8059 of 8086 Old 08-13-2019, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by asabrag View Post
Hi guys. Im new to pioneer. I got a 932 but I was planning on upgrading it to the top of the line. Can you help me understan the Pioneer lines?
Entry Level: VSX?
Mid Level: LX?
High Level: SC?
I think I am lost, am I?

Basically yes. The mass market Pioneer stuff (non Elite) all start with VSX. However, the TOTL Pioneer stuff is usually as good or better as some of the mid tier models, which are the Elite VSX LX models.

The Elite SC models are the top of the line, period, but Pioneer may change their naming system since they have not released new TOTL receivers for 3-4 years now. They used to update their models every year, but their SC models have only had firmware updates the past few years, except for the SC LX 901, which is now being sold as the "refined edition" (but still the same name) featured upgraded internals.

Personally, I'd wait for them to release new Elite receivers, as the top models are certainly due for an upgrade soon.
asabrag likes this.
post #8060 of 8086 Old 08-13-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRacerX9 View Post
except for the SC LX 901, which is now being sold as the "refined edition" (but still the same name) featured upgraded internals.
I wasnt aware of the Refined Edition. Is there a way to identify it? When was it released??

Quote:
Personally, I'd wait for them to release new Elite receivers, as the top models are certainly due for an upgrade soon.
Me too. But I have only this opportunity to buy on 2-5 Sep. With my luck, they will be releasing the new Elite line on 6-Sep!
post #8061 of 8086 Old 08-13-2019, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by asabrag View Post
I wasnt aware of the Refined Edition. Is there a way to identify it? When was it released??

Me too. But I have only this opportunity to buy on 2-5 Sep. With my luck, they will be releasing the new Elite line on 6-Sep!

I'm not sure it's available in the US, but it came out around Feb/March. There will be a sticker or marking on the retail box that say Refined Edition, and I've heard but cannot confirm that it is labeled refined edition on the back of the receiver.
asabrag likes this.
post #8062 of 8086 Old 08-13-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure it's available in the US, but it came out around Feb/March. There will be a sticker or marking on the retail box that say Refined Edition, and I've heard but cannot confirm that it is labeled refined edition on the back of the receiver.
I will be buying in Europe..
post #8063 of 8086 Old 08-27-2019, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfintel View Post
Did you enable Audio Passthru in Kodi? Thats what needs to happen to enable the SC-95 to decode advanced formats. I'm able to send everything (Atmos, DTS-MA, etc.) to my SC-99.

--Steve
I don't know why but I can't seem to get it to work when playing in Kodi on my Shield. All formats work in Plex, but I'm only getting stereo in Kodi (or something like that, I haven't tried in a while). I have enabled passthru and checked all formats that SC95 play. Do you have any idé what could be wrong?

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk
post #8064 of 8086 Old 08-28-2019, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17

Quote:
HD audio including DTS-HD MA, DTS:X, Dolby True HD, Dolby Atmos can be all be passed-through (bitstreamed) on Nvidia Shieild TV, but this currently only works with the native video player. Pass-through for HD audio is currently not working in Kodi and is a work-in-progress.
I have no experience running Kodi on a Shield, I use a PC running either Windows or LibreELEC.

--Steve
westbergjoakim likes this.
post #8065 of 8086 Old 09-09-2019, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Did you get this working ?
post #8066 of 8086 Old 09-10-2019, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post
I don't know why but I can't seem to get it to work when playing in Kodi on my Shield. All formats work in Plex, but I'm only getting stereo in Kodi (or something like that, I haven't tried in a while). I have enabled passthru and checked all formats that SC95 play. Do you have any idé what could be wrong?

Strange has been working for me ever since the DTS-X update on both Plex and Kodi over the Shield, no issues at all

passthrough on both shield and kodi enabled, in Kodi i just ticket all the formats. Play with some sound settings in the Shield menu too

Atmos and DTS-X are working fine and are showing up on the receiver
post #8067 of 8086 Old 09-17-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Does the SC XX support the Apple TV Dolby Atmos (MAT) ? A search for MAT on this forum resulted zero. Thanks.

I was so happy without HDR...
post #8068 of 8086 Old 09-17-2019, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post
Does the SC XX support the Apple TV Dolby Atmos (MAT) ? A search for MAT on this forum resulted zero. Thanks.

Yes it does!

slimoli likes this.
post #8069 of 8086 Old 09-18-2019, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Does anybody know if there's a "quick" way to change between tops and heights-speaker settings, if I can save them in any way in the memory and change on the remote, or if I must go to the menu every time and change when I'm going to watch a dtshd or truehd-movie? Thanks!

post #8070 of 8086 Old 09-18-2019, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 664
You don’t need to do that just use direct surround so your soundtrack will be processed as is without conversion

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo
ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED & WifiHifi Magazines
my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite , pioneer sc99 , SC-95 , SC-97 , SC-99

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page