The **Official** Sony STR-DN860 / DN1060 Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 72Likes

post #391 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHubb View Post
Hi Lee,

The firestick is plugged directly into the 'Sat/Catv' HDCP2.2 available port on the receiver and then HDMI out so there is no chain just 1 cable.

Quote:
Hi Lee,

The firestick is plugged directly into the 'Sat/Catv' HDCP2.2 available port on the receiver and then HDMI out so there is no chain just 1 cable.

Aah, ok. Missed that. Then replace the cable from AVR to the TV and things should be ok. (Unless there is something else also)
High speed hdmi is old HD tv cable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeliemix View Post
Aah, ok. Missed that. Then replace the cable from AVR to the TV and things should be ok. (Unless there is something else also)
High speed hdmi is old HD tv cable.

Hi Lee,

i think you missed some bits in my original post. The HDMI cable works perfectly from the receiver to the TV receiving 4k. If i unplug that HDMI cable from the telly into the projector it does not and only receives 1080p.
But if i plug the firestick directly into the projector its does receive 4k. So there seems to be nothing wrong with the projector or cables its almost as if the Receiver is not compatible with the projector in some way.
post #393 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Lee,

i think you missed some bits in my original post. The HDMI cable works perfectly from the receiver to the TV receiving 4k. If i unplug that HDMI cable from the telly into the projector it does not and only receives 1080p.
But if i plug the firestick directly into the projector its does receive 4k. So there seems to be nothing wrong with the projector or cables its almost as if the Receiver is not compatible with the projector in some way.

Yes but that can easily be the cable, it can almost do what you need but projector might be a bit more sensitive so cable doesnt work for it. The cable isnt made for 4k, its made for 1080. Im not guaranteeing that it will be fine with a new cable but its not the right cable specs for the job.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 469
4k Passthrough not working

can you disable arc on your receiver?

may be giving you trouble communicating with the projector....and you dont need arc on for the projector.

or try the non arc output on the receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 55C8, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503, Panamax M5400, Microsoft Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro
Definitive Technology: BP9060 Front left/right/CS9040 center/A90 front Atmos/ProMonitor 800 rear Atmos/SR9040 surround left/right
Rythmik FVX15
post #395 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Yes but that can easily be the cable, it can almost do what you need but projector might be a bit more sensitive so cable doesnt work for it. The cable isnt made for 4k, its made for 1080. Im not guaranteeing that it will be fine with a new cable but its not the right cable specs for the job.

Hi Lee,

It states on the [email protected] with transfer rates up to 18 Gbps.

What should i have bought?
post #396 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:

These are the cables i bought

https://kabeldirekt-store.de/index.p...-ethernet.html
post #397 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Lee,

It states on the [email protected] with transfer rates up to 18 Gbps.

What should i have bought?

[email protected] should be premium version.

https://hdmi.org/resource/cables

post #398 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTHEW PATIENT View Post
can you disable arc on your receiver?

may be giving you trouble communicating with the projector....and you dont need arc on for the projector.

or try the non arc output on the receiver.

Hi Mathew,

I have turned ofs ARC and CEC in all devices but still is not outputting 4k
post #399 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 469
The **Official** Sony STR-DN860 / DN1060 Thread

Quote:
Hi Mathew,

I have turned ofs ARC and CEC in all devices but still is not outputting 4k

i have a difficult time believing it is the cable when you checked the cable with another source and it worked fine. you also tested the receiver and the projector with different source and also find difficult to believe that they just pick and choose when to display a 4k signal.

i would test the receiver to the projector with a different cable. if it works, its the cable. it may be the cable isnt adequate due to the cable length/distance. if not then you have gremlins

good luck to you...hope you get it worked out.

LG 55C8, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503, Panamax M5400, Microsoft Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro
Definitive Technology: BP9060 Front left/right/CS9040 center/A90 front Atmos/ProMonitor 800 rear Atmos/SR9040 surround left/right
Rythmik FVX15
post #400 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTHEW PATIENT View Post
i have a difficult time believing it is the cable when you checked the cable with another source and it worked fine. you also tested the receiver and the projector with different source and also find difficult to believe that they just pick and choose when to display a 4k signal.

i would test the receiver to the projector with a different cable. if it works, its the cable. it may be the cable isnt adequate due to the cable length/distance. if not then you have gremlins

good luck to you...hope you get it worked out.

Hi Mathew,

So i have literally unmounted my TV and walked it over to the sofa thats under the projector. i plugged the long length HDMI cable (15m) usually for the projector into the TV andddd. Viola it all works fine, so i can get 4k down both cables to the TV. So i my mind there cables are spot on.

In responce to your question, I have then dug out the 4k cables supplied with the projector. I used them to output from the receiver to the projector and nope, no 4k just 1080p.

So yes some gremlin in the Receiver talking to the Projector
post #401 of 402 Old 05-03-2020, 04:01 PM

After extensive testing and swapping things over i have worked out that the issue lies with the connection between the receiver and the projector. So is there any people on here that have any detailed knowledge on HDCP2.2 or the STR-DN1060?
post #402 of 402 Old 05-23-2020, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hi Gents,

I just thought I'd post here in case someone has already overcome this issue for a STR-DN1060.

My Brother and I "own" the family Cabin and we had a STR-DN860 that "died" last summer. As the Family is used to that unit we decided to buy a STR-DN1060.

Last weekend we went and installed it but when connecting it to a Sony Blu-ray player via HDMI we couldn't get it to play DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. All we could get was a PCM output.

We have a Satellite TV and fed it through the 1060 via it's HDMI feed and got it to play 5.1. We mucked around for hours, and even swapped HDMI cables but no joy.

We couldn't even get a 5.1 output using the Coaxial Cable input. Just PCM.

Of course we didn't want to think it could be the 1060, so we took the Blu-ray player home.

When home I connected it first to my basement system with an old Denon Receiver with the identical Sony Blu-ray player. I even used it's HDMI cable with the same test disk (Toto 40 tours around the sun). And of course it worked just great.

So I took it to the family room and connected it to a STR-DN1050 without changing any settings. It worked flawlessly. We typically use A.F.D.: Auto Format Direct and did so here and MULTICHANNEL was displayed on the 1050. On the 1060 at the Cabin, even if we selected AFD, we only saw PCM displayed and no 5.1 sound.

So I'm now convinced it's the STR-DN1060 at the Cabin. (Of course it's now 250 miles away. Grrrr...)

When we set the 1060 to HD-D.C.S playing a Blu-ray we got 5.1 sound, so we don't understand why we couldn't get it "flat" without the HD-D.C.S effects using AFD.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated before my next trip to the cabin.

Regards,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
acer h6810 , firestick , hdcp 2.2 , receiver , STR-DN1060 , str-dn860

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page