Musiccast Yamaha Experiences? - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 35Likes

post #91 of 101 Old 08-03-2019, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Smile

Well, I revisited MusicCast and must say I like it very much. I really like the Spotify integration, which is just Spotify Connect that works. All my earlier negative comments about library management in the MusicCast app still stand, though.
If I want to listen to my own, quite extensive library, I still use my old trustworthy Squeezebox ecosystem, hooked up to my Yamaha CX-A5100 or Yamaha XDA-QS5400. However linking to other rooms is done by MusicCast now, and it's rock solid, without delays. This is one area where MusicCast performs better.
So I now use my Squeezebox as a high definition audio component in my Yamaha MusicCast setup. Good library management using the Squeezebox, good audio quality / syncing using MusicCast. I'm able to link/sync my TV audio to other rooms now. (playing music videos from You Tube etc.)
I suspect that's what Yamaha wants us to do. Let the geeks (audiophiles), using their own local music library instead of streaming services, use their system of choice for library management (Sonos, Squeezebox, Roon, etc.).
I even added a Yamaha MusicCast Vinyl 500 to my setup now. Playing (and syncing) records in every room.

Best regards,
Dennis.
mavericks64 likes this.

Last edited by verypsb; 09-26-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 101 Old 08-07-2019, 03:38 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone ever experience issues with the link feature in musiccast? I have a system composed of an older Yamaha rx-a2060, a WXA-50, and a new rx-a880. The ability to link the various zones/rooms seems to come and go. It works for a while and then I turn it on and I can’t get it to work. So far, I have been able to resolve it by unplugging and replugging the 880. Once I do this, it works again. The system is connected wirelessly. I use eeros routers and have excellent coverage, stability, and WiFi speed. Even when the link feature doesn’t work the individual zones work fine independently. Anyone had a similar experience or have thoughts on what may be occurring? Thanks.
mavericks64 likes this.
post #93 of 101 Old 08-08-2019, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimani View Post
Anyone using MusicCast 20 for rear wireless surround? Have things settled down with new firmware or are there still issues with latency and drops?

Also, anyone pick up a stand for the MusicCast 20? Hard to find one that works given the weird shape of the speaker. I understand as a bookshelf why it isn't important but as surrounds a stand is necessary
I use it for wireless surround. But occassionally still having problems. Am not able to choose the wifi-network I want as I want to use a different wifi-network for the receiver and speakers.
There are original stands which cost about €80. I picked up 2 2nd hand stands for total of €10 to which I could fix them. It works for me. I can make a picture of it.

Greetings, Dick

A: Yamaha RX-V685, JBL large speakers, Polka center, MusicCast 20, Jamo SUB210
V: Samsung UE55MU6440, Samsung BD-E6100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 101 Old 09-26-2019, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallcane View Post
Anyone ever experience issues with the link feature in musiccast? I have a system composed of an older Yamaha rx-a2060, a WXA-50, and a new rx-a880. The ability to link the various zones/rooms seems to come and go. It works for a while and then I turn it on and I can’t get it to work. So far, I have been able to resolve it by unplugging and replugging the 880. Once I do this, it works again. The system is connected wirelessly. I use eeros routers and have excellent coverage, stability, and WiFi speed. Even when the link feature doesn’t work the individual zones work fine independently. Anyone had a similar experience or have thoughts on what may be occurring? Thanks.
Yes I have this exact issue. Frustrating.

Sharp 80-inch 3D LED TV, Yamaha RX-A3070 Receiver, Outlaw 5000 Amplifier
Paradigm Reference Studio/100 v.2 front speakers Paradigm, Studio CC-690 center-channel
Paradigm CI Pro P80-IW Side Surrounds, Paradigm Monitor 9 rear surrounds, 4 CI Pro P80-R overheads
FV15HP Rythmik subwoofer
post #95 of 101 Old 09-26-2019, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi,

I'm sorry I can't help and haven't the same issue, using a CX-A5100 (wired) / XDA-QS5400RK (wired) and a MusicCast VINYL 500 (wireless). The CX-A5100 or the MusicCast VINYL 500 function as the master link, most of the time. I can understand the link doesn't work if the master link isn't turned on (after all systems have been turned off). Hope you can find the problem.

Best regards,
Dennis.
mavericks64 likes this.

Last edited by verypsb; 09-26-2019 at 10:00 PM.
post #96 of 101 Old 09-27-2019, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallcane View Post
Just seeing this. I am running musicCast accross 14 zones on multiple devices and have it working pretty well after some initial heartburn. Can you clarify what mean by the ability to link comes and goes? Do you mean you successfully link zones through the app, the linked music plays fine in the various zones, then just stops playing (if so in all zones, or does the master zone keep playing)? Or do you mean the functionality to link zones seems to disappear from the app or zones you want to choose are grayed out and no longer selectable in the app?

Also it would be helpful to know 1) are the various components each connecting to a separate eero and 2) what music sources are you generally trying to stream when this occurs?
post #97 of 101 Old 09-27-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno2005 View Post
Just seeing this. I am running musicCast accross 14 zones on multiple devices and have it working pretty well after some initial heartburn. Can you clarify what mean by the ability to link comes and goes? Do you mean you successfully link zones through the app, the linked music plays fine in the various zones, then just stops playing (if so in all zones, or does the master zone keep playing)? Or do you mean the functionality to link zones seems to disappear from the app or zones you want to choose are grayed out and no longer selectable in the app?

Also it would be helpful to know 1) are the various components each connecting to a separate eero and 2) what music sources are you generally trying to stream when this occurs?
I hate to hijack as I wasn't the original poster of this problem but for me this is it: "successfully link zones through the app, the linked music plays fine in the various zones, then just stops playing." The master zone keeps playing. I have 3 zones now. When I had two, I don't remember having this issue. I have two WXA-50s connected to old AVRs and an RX-A3070 AVR. I just added the 2nd WXA-50. Pandora I believe was the source. It could have been and/or AirPlay from my MacBook.

Obviously, I am a MusicCast fan as I have been expanding my zones! Just experiencing growing pains. Thanks for taking the time to assist.

Paradigm Reference Studio/100 v.2 front speakers Paradigm, Studio CC-690 center-channel
Paradigm CI Pro P80-IW Side Surrounds, Paradigm Monitor 9 rear surrounds, 4 CI Pro P80-R overheads
FV15HP Rythmik subwoofer
post #98 of 101 Old 09-28-2019, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hmmm, don’t have a whole lot to add as I haven’t experienced that same issue much. I assume when you unlink and re link it works again? A few best practices that generally make things work much better. 1) the more zones connected via Ethernet the better, 2) definitely figure a way to get Ethernet connection to master zone (even with great WiFi this seems to make huge difference) 3) use audio sync as opposed to lip synch when doing multi zone audio, 4) air play has not worked well for me as a multi zone source (when using Apple, Apple TV connected via hdmi is much more stable for me). Would also add that doing the firmware updates to all components is a pain but seems essential. Finally check WiFi signal strength at each unit if going that route. Need a really solid signal, adding more access points really helped my setup. And fixing loose WiFi antennas has helped on multiple occasions. Sorry, no magic bullet here but these have all helped over the years.
mavericks64 likes this.
post #99 of 101 Old 03-15-2020, 04:29 PM

Link resolved

Ok thought I would post that I discovered the reason I was "delinking." It was my internet extender. I disconnected my extender and now just connect to the main router and everything stays linked.
SimpleTheater likes this.

FV15HP Rythmik subwoofer
post #100 of 101 Old 05-15-2020, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi there,
I have a situation and It will be great to have your feed-back guys if it's not too much.

After the last update, sometimes, the MusicCast icon that usually appears in the upper left corner when we leave the app (leaving not closing the app, still running in the background, including the unit), OR the notification bar that is displayed on locked screen - disappear after a while, let's say 20-30 minutes, when we re-open the phone. I have no idea why ...

The Show notification Control option, in MusicCast App settings is ON; Also, the mobile notifications are set to Allow, including for MusicCast.

Did anyone experienced this behavior of the app lately?
Android 7.0, MusicCast Controller 4.10.

Here we have 2 screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JgNG5m1.png
Views:	9
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	2726804   Click image for larger version

Name:	FcYrkqC.png
Views:	10
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	2726806  
post #101 of 101 Old 05-16-2020, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeckler View Post
Hi there,
I have a situation and It will be great to have your feed-back guys if it's not too much.

After the last update, sometimes, the MusicCast icon that usually appears in the upper left corner when we leave the app (leaving not closing the app, still running in the background, including the unit), OR the notification bar that is displayed on locked screen - disappear after a while, let's say 20-30 minutes, when we re-open the phone. I have no idea why ...

The Show notification Control option, in MusicCast App settings is ON; Also, the mobile notifications are set to Allow, including for MusicCast.

Did anyone experienced this behavior of the app lately?
Android 7.0, MusicCast Controller 4.10.

Here we have 2 screenshots:
Haven’t had this issue. Android v9

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
musiccast , Sonos , whole home audio , wireless , Yamaha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page