So I finally got around to trying to resolve my Dirac 2.2 issues and after loading my project into another computer I got all working. Most likely a Windows firewall issue or something like that! Just a guess but make sure to allow Dirac to access your private network as I think this might have been the issue even though I'm pretty sure it was all setup correctly on my first computer.
My first impressions are really good! One issue I always was having with the previous 1.x version was that the distances would quite often be several ms off between left and right speakers. All my speakers are placed out with a laser so I'm sure they are not that much off and now with this version I was only getting like 0.1ms difference between left and right sides so that's really nice to see. No more going into the menu to manually correct.
The other issue I was having before, which was pretty annoying, is that bass would be tight and nice but I'd always loose the tactile feel of the bass. This time around though with version 2.2 I'm getting tight bass AND tactile feel. These new observations could just be a fluke since I've only done one set of measurements so far but I'm hearing a substantial improvement of the sound from version 1. For those of you that have not done the jump to version 2 yet I highly recommend you give it a try and I'm very curious what your impressions are of the new version and if you're getting similar results.
Room| Treated | Sound| Front: Ino Audio i32s, Center: Ino Audio i16s, Surrounds: 6 x Ino a2, 6 x Ino a1, Subs: 6 x Ino Infra-Y|
Picture | Epson TW9300, Seymour Center Stage UF 130.4" retractable 2.35:1 |
Electronics | Arcam AVR390(Dirac Live), 3x Ncore nc400 monoblocks, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2, EP4000, Panasonic UB700, Allo Katana + Isolator 1.2(Roon bridge/DAC), ATV 4K |