Denon x3200w vs. Yamaha RX-A850 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-30-2015, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon x3200w vs. Yamaha RX-A850

Hello All,

Been researching receivers and I'm down to these two....Hoping you can help me break the tie. I've been a lifelong Denon guy (currently have a 3806) and I love the brand but am considering a switch to Yamaha just out of curiosity and all the rave reviews. I'm running an Axiom 5.1 setup (M3 bookshelf mains, QS8 surrounds, VP150 center, Epic 350 sub) and have no plans to go beyond 5.1.

So, what say the forum experts? Which do you consider better built, better sounding, etc. between these two models?

Much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-30-2015, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22762 Post(s)
Liked: 12417
Depends on whether the A850 meets all of your feature requirements as the X3200W is more on par with the A1050 in that it has a Zone 2 HDMI output and will also be getting the DTS:X update, neither of which is true for the A850.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-01-2015, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchmaster72 View Post
Hello All,

Been researching receivers and I'm down to these two....Hoping you can help me break the tie. I've been a lifelong Denon guy (currently have a 3806) and I love the brand but am considering a switch to Yamaha just out of curiosity and all the rave reviews. I'm running an Axiom 5.1 setup (M3 bookshelf mains, QS8 surrounds, VP150 center, Epic 350 sub) and have no plans to go beyond 5.1.

So, what say the forum experts? Which do you consider better built, better sounding, etc. between these two models?

Much appreciated!
Thanks JD. I know I won't need the second HDMI and I doubt the lack of DTS:X would ever be a minus since I'm sticking with 5.1 (right?). Mainly wondering which would be better matched to the Axioms overall.....If anyone else would like to add their $.02 on that it would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page