Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-22-2015, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question Dual Video output on X4200w

Hey all.
I made a DIY Ambilight setup using a RaspberryPi2 and Hyperion.. it works great using Kodi internally, however i want to use it for all external video sources. I've tested it all and i know it works using an external USB video grabber with DVD player as a source. I thought it would be an easy setup to use the x4200w to clone the output (HDMI1 to Tv, HDMI2 to RPI hdmi->composite converter or direct into the USB grabber using the composite out of the AVR). The dual video outputs was one reason for picking this model.

For the life of me i cannot get AVR to clone the output to the 2nd port. I am even using a small monitor to verify there is no signal on the 2nd output.
Ive tried using the monitor outputs on HDMI2 and composite out, also turning on Zone2 and trying that as well. I am sure i am missing something stupid but i cant figure out what.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-22-2015, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

I just found if i use i/p scaler and force to 480p it works, but it changes main output res as well. the hdmi2av says it supports 1080p/60hz so I am not sure why when i leave it scaler on auto it goes to lowest resolution. is there anyway to force the 2nd output to the composite and let the AVR downscale the output if it wont let the dual HDMIs function at 1080p.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-23-2015, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 757 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22881 Post(s)
Liked: 12508
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS4 View Post
I just found if i use i/p scaler and force to 480p it works, but it changes main output res as well. the hdmi2av says it supports 1080p/60hz so I am not sure why when i leave it scaler on auto it goes to lowest resolution. is there anyway to force the 2nd output to the composite and let the AVR downscale the output if it wont let the dual HDMIs function at 1080p.
The dual HDMI outputs will react just as an HDMI splitter would react in that the output will be the resolution compatible with both displays which is 480p in this use case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-23-2015, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

According what little documentation came with the HDMI2AV adapter it supports 1080P at 50/60Hz. And many others have used it without issue in the same setup. Ill have to dig around more on that.
Is it possible to use the composite out on the AVR to split (and downscale) the incoming HDMI source signal without degrading the primary HDMI output? then i can bypass the HDMI2AV adapter altogether.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-23-2015, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 757 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22881 Post(s)
Liked: 12508
AVRs cannot down convert HDMI --> analog.

For more helpful information on the X4200w, refer to posts 3-6 in the 2015 Denon AVR Owner's thread linked below ...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post34728921
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page