AVS Forum banner

How to get Dolby Atmos demo disk files (downloads) from September 2015?

528K views 639 replies 255 participants last post by  Thebarnman 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, I've been searching everywhere online looking for the September 2015 Dolby Atmos files to download as I cannot get access to a disk easily.

All the previous versions 2014, Jan 2015 are up, but not September 2015. I really want this latest one because of the movie demonstrations it has such as Game of Thrones, Insurgent etc.

You can see the contents on demo-world titled : Dolby Atmos Blu-Ray Demo Disc (Sep 2015)

Any help greatly appreciated!

NOTE:

• Post #83 has the link for the Dolby Atmos September Demo Disk (2015).

• Post #227 has the link for the DTS:X vol. # 20 Demo Disk (2016)

• Post #115 has the link for the DTS:X Vol. #19 Demo Disk (2015)

:)

Edit:

The 2015 file's post is copied and pasted below for easier access:
-----

Click the link below or right click and select copy link, the paste it. Don't highlight and copy it, as it will leave some out and result in it asking you for a decryption key, which is wrong and not required.

The torrent file will let you download the disc's rip as a 1:1 copy; hence ~22 GB file size. Google to find appropriate software to open torrent files.

Have fun and don't be a leecher!

See less See more
#10 ·
When I requested for Demo disc they replied me like this.

"Due to our licensing rights demo discs are only available to trade such as retailers. Once you buy your system, you can always buy content to experience Dolby Atmos. If you want to experience Dolby Atmos here is a list of movies that have been mixed:

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/experience/dolby-atmos/bluray-and-streaming.html
Best regards,"

That's true when end user cannot get real product it is waste to make it. I am really disappointed on this.

#17 ·
#20 ·
Not the sep demo disc, but you could try this:

Hello.
I was wondering how to order your januar 2016 magazine edition, the one with the Dolby Atmos demo bluray?

Regards
Jan Samuelsen

Dear Mr Jan Samuelsen,

thank you for your mail and interesting.

You mean the magazine Video 1/2016 ?

You can place the order by mail to weka@burdadirect.de

price Euro 5,50 + Euro 2,50 freight cost total 8,00 Euro
payment can be made by invoice or credit card ( Master or Visa )

We hope our offer is workable for you.

best regards

Leserservice WEKA MEDIA PUBLISHING
> Tel: 0781 / 6394548

#34 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new around here. I am the IT Admin for a large hospital, I was asked to research & install a home theater system. Dolby Atmos looked like a good choice and since it wasn't my money to spend (heh heh) I decided to go all in and get some good gear (relatively speaking of course...we are non-profit after all).

Electricians just left today, all wires are run, getting ready to setup & calibrate the system, but NO DOLBY ATMOS DEMOS!

Lots of PM's back and fourth here in this thread helping one another out, but I am so new I cannot PM anyone apparently. Would someone be kind enough PM me with some helpful insights? I really REALLY can't wait to get this going!!! :)

Kevin

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#35 ·
New here...but can't wait to play with Dolby Atmos!

Hi everyone, I'm new around here. I am the IT Admin for a large hospital, I was asked to research & install a home theater system. Dolby Atmos looked like a good choice and since it wasn't my money to spend (heh heh) I decided to go all in and get some good gear (relatively speaking of course...we are non-profit after all).

Electricians just left today, all wires are run, getting ready to setup & calibrate the system, but NO DOLBY ATMOS DEMOS!

Lots of PM's back and fourth here in this thread helping one another out, but I am so new I cannot PM anyone apparently. Would someone be kind enough PM me with some helpful insights? I really REALLY can't wait to get this going!!! :)

Kevin

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#36 ·
Many of the demos are available on VUDU for free.

I used the VUDU app on my sony bluray player to view the demos.

-Rich

#37 ·
I would be very grateful if someone would send me a link for the download of the Dolby Atmos Demo Disk (September 2015). I have seen & heard the demo in store but I would really like to try it out on my own new system. I am too new to be able to send a PM.
Many thanks,
Peter