Yamaha RX-A750 setup - muffled voices - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-11-2016, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yamaha RX-A750 setup - muffled voices

Just replaced an old HK 2 channel for the Yamaha RX-A750. I hooked everything up the same way (2.1) until I find a center and satellites.

Anyway - it seems like voices are really muffled now. I currently have the dialogue enhance turned all the way up (+3) and treble set to +4 and still seems a bit muffled compared to my old HK. Ive tried the multiple DSP programs and even just setting it to straight stereo with no luck. Currently running HDMI from cable box > AVR > TV, with TV speakers turned off.

FWIW, only the L/R and sub channels are enabled (center is off, rear L/R is off). Is there anything else I am missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-26-2016, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline9k View Post
Just replaced an old HK 2 channel for the Yamaha RX-A750. I hooked everything up the same way (2.1) until I find a center and satellites.

Anyway - it seems like voices are really muffled now. I currently have the dialogue enhance turned all the way up (+3) and treble set to +4 and still seems a bit muffled compared to my old HK. Ive tried the multiple DSP programs and even just setting it to straight stereo with no luck. Currently running HDMI from cable box > AVR > TV, with TV speakers turned off.

FWIW, only the L/R and sub channels are enabled (center is off, rear L/R is off). Is there anything else I am missing?
Hi, looks like its a similar issue with same receiver connected to Klipisch HD Theater 500 speakers.
Have you been able to do something about?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-26-2016, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4802
Did you setup the system using YPAO?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-26-2016, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
Did you setup the system using YPAO?
Did the auto setup, played with the manual setup options, tried different configurations same problem.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-26-2016, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4802
Just curious to see if that would help. Next I'd look at your room setup for speakers/listening position. Receiver wouldn't be top of my list (even with a recent change of just avr---or were there other changes involved as well?). Personally I've tried movies without a center and didn't care for it, much prefer having a center speaker since a 5ch/7ch mix will use it heavily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page