Onkyo TX-RZ1100 and TX-RZ3100 - Page 66 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2534Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1951 of 2579 Old 10-30-2017, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 82,953
Mentioned: 700 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21986 Post(s)
Liked: 11925
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmo View Post
GENE4HT


first time I see denon x8500h,you know when marantz put in the market.
The new "Denon" flagship X8500H will be released spring 2018 along with the new "Marantz" flagship pre/pro AV8805.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 10-30-2017 at 06:18 AM.
jdsmoothie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1952 of 2579 Old 10-30-2017, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmo View Post
GENE4HT

first time I see denon x8500h,you know when marantz put in the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The new "Denon" flagship X8500H will be released spring 2018 along with the new "Marantz" flagship pre/pro AV8805.
And the Marantz SR8012 is "expected/reported" to be available next month (November 2017).

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #1953 of 2579 Old 10-30-2017, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
zimmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: montreal quebec
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 114
THANK YOU


I like to see onkyo comming whit new model january 2018 but not information ,normaly the new model onkyo comming automn .

marantz av 8805, 13 chanels, emotiva 2 xpa 5 gen1,1 emotiva xpa3 gen3, 7.4.6,4 speakers monitor 11 ,2 paradigm studio 100 v2,4 ceillings speakers ss82w sweet spot earthquake ,2 earthquake ecs-8.0,1 center Paradigm cc390,4 subs klipsch r-sw112 sw.antimod 8033 perfect bass kit paradigm, Buttkicker amplificateur lfe 1000 watts, , tv oled 65e6p,, room 12x25x7,bluray player oppo bdp 203,4coolers ac infinity s9 fan.
zimmo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1954 of 2579 Old 10-30-2017, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmo View Post
THANK YOU


I like to see onkyo comming whit new model january 2018 but not information ,normaly the new model onkyo comming automn .
I would like to see the new Onkyo flagships in January 2018 too...but JD earlier indicated likely in the fall/autumn 2018. Maybe just maybe there could be some information/announcements during CES in January.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #1955 of 2579 Old 10-31-2017, 05:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhat View Post
http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/articles/...00-134249.html

Anyone been able to test yet? I'll update once I get to home den.
Had to update with USB-method, network gave me some O-O5 error or such. USB method worked fine.
gene4ht likes this.
juhat is offline  
post #1956 of 2579 Old 10-31-2017, 12:05 PM
Member
 
nyjklein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Bergen, NJ
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhat View Post
http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/articles/...00-134249.html

Anyone been able to test yet? I'll update once I get to home den.
Looks like no DolbyVision passthrough yet (according to the release notes)!

Jeff
nyjklein is offline  
post #1957 of 2579 Old 10-31-2017, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhat View Post
Had to update with USB-method, network gave me some O-O5 error or such. USB method worked fine.
Onkyo’s support forum reported similar issues...apparently experiencing server problems.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #1958 of 2579 Old 11-01-2017, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
rupedogg24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC.
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomamaflorida View Post
so I set up Amazon Echo music streaming to my Onkyo TX-RZ1100 via bluetooth and it works, but I have to crank the volume up to about 75.0 vs my normal 60-62 to hear it at a decent level. is this because of the bluetooth method? not that big a deal, unless I have setting that needs tweaked
Have you tried turning up the volume on the source? I.e. your phone? Works great for me. Your Bluetooth source may not have the volume turned all the way up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Projector: Epson 5040ub DIY 140" Acoustic Screen
AVR: Onkyo RZ1100 (Main)
Blu-ray: PS4 -- Panasonic UB900
Speakers: 5.2.4 Atmos Sound System
Subwoofers: Dual Marty Cubes w/SI 18" - DIY Build w/SI 15"
rupedogg24 is offline  
post #1959 of 2579 Old 11-02-2017, 04:58 AM
Member
 
Yomamaflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupedogg24 View Post
Have you tried turning up the volume on the source? I.e. your phone? Works great for me. Your Bluetooth source may not have the volume turned all the way up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I'm not aware that my phone has anything to do with a bluetooth connection from an Echo to the Onkyo but I'll try it tonight
Yomamaflorida is offline  
post #1960 of 2579 Old 11-02-2017, 05:25 AM
Senior Member
 
rupedogg24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC.
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomamaflorida View Post
I'm not aware that my phone has anything to do with a bluetooth connection from an Echo to the Onkyo but I'll try it tonight
Try turning the volume up on your echo. I said phone or Bluetooth source. I use my phone to stream Google Play Music to the Onkyo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Projector: Epson 5040ub DIY 140" Acoustic Screen
AVR: Onkyo RZ1100 (Main)
Blu-ray: PS4 -- Panasonic UB900
Speakers: 5.2.4 Atmos Sound System
Subwoofers: Dual Marty Cubes w/SI 18" - DIY Build w/SI 15"
rupedogg24 is offline  
post #1961 of 2579 Old 11-02-2017, 05:52 AM
Member
 
Yomamaflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupedogg24 View Post
Try turning the volume up on your echo. I said phone or Bluetooth source. I use my phone to stream Google Play Music to the Onkyo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
ok, will try this. I forgot you can increase the echo volume, I never did that before
rupedogg24 likes this.
Yomamaflorida is offline  
post #1962 of 2579 Old 11-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Member
 
Yomamaflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
ok, increasing the echo volume fixed this, thanks !
Yomamaflorida is offline  
post #1963 of 2579 Old 11-08-2017, 09:47 AM
 
Dreambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Los Altos, CA
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Onkyo rz1100

From Onkyo's support forum:
The TX-RZ1100 is a 9 channel amplifier with 11 channels of processing. This being said, the TX-RZ1100 is capable of running 4 Dolby Atmos "Height" speakers. If you choose to run this configuration with the on board amplification, you will be restricted to "5" speakers in the main zone and "4" speakers in height configuration. This is called a 5.1.4 configuration. If you want to have 7 speakers in the main zone plus 4 height speakers, you will need an additional 2 channel amplifier to power the "surround back" speakers.

If you are trying to run a 7.1.4 configuration without the need of an additional amplifier, you will need an 11 channel receiver such as the TX-RZ3100.

Under 5.1.4 You will not have Surround Back activity. If you wish to watch a 7.1 Movie, you will have to change your Speaker Configuration to 7.1 under Setup -> Speaker -> Config -> 7.1. This will activate the Surround Back terminals. This process of switching to 5.1.4 to 7.1 does not happen automatically as it is assigning the amplifiers. You will have to change them manually under the speaker configuration menu as described.
Dreambo is offline  
post #1964 of 2579 Old 11-08-2017, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreambo View Post
From Onkyo's support forum:
The TX-RZ1100 is a 9 channel amplifier with 11 channels of processing. This being said, the TX-RZ1100 is capable of running 4 Dolby Atmos "Height" speakers. If you choose to run this configuration with the on board amplification, you will be restricted to "5" speakers in the main zone and "4" speakers in height configuration. This is called a 5.1.4 configuration. If you want to have 7 speakers in the main zone plus 4 height speakers, you will need an additional 2 channel amplifier to power the "surround back" speakers.

If you are trying to run a 7.1.4 configuration without the need of an additional amplifier, you will need an 11 channel receiver such as the TX-RZ3100.

Under 5.1.4 You will not have Surround Back activity. If you wish to watch a 7.1 Movie, you will have to change your Speaker Configuration to 7.1 under Setup -> Speaker -> Config -> 7.1. This will activate the Surround Back terminals. This process of switching to 5.1.4 to 7.1 does not happen automatically as it is assigning the amplifiers. You will have to change them manually under the speaker configuration menu as described.
Most people familiar with the 1100 (and some other AVRs with similar capability) are aware of this. If this is for general informational purposes or in response to an inquiry, this input will be valuable to those less informed.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #1965 of 2579 Old 11-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Member
 
Mandrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Weathership Tango Delta
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
In comparing the 1100 to the 3100, if one is only running 5.1 or 5.2.2, does the 3100 have more graceful or dynamic power as it has two more powered channels to donate to not fully maximized channels (max being 7.2.4)? The 1100 will only run 5.2.4. I may not be conceiving of this properly.


How come the two units both weigh the same with the 3100 having two more powered channels? That doesn't smell right, but I may be missing something. Could the 1100 actually be more solid per watt due to the weight equivalence? ie Same transformer serving less channels could = more solid power delivery.


Bottom line: If I could get the 3100 for very little more $s than the 1100, should I go for it?


I need to make this choice very soon, so answers are welcomed!


D
Mandrake is offline  
post #1966 of 2579 Old 11-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
zimmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: montreal quebec
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 114
I TRY BOHT and the model 1100 is same power to 3100 and normaly 3100 is more power but not because 3100 have 11 channels but is vey important whit the 3100 you have more channels and is better for sound, your sound is more expensif to the room and more spatialy and you not have the hole between your front and surround speakers when you have 4 top in ceilling speakers and 7 down speakers .


the différence whit my 3030 and 3100 is the music mind is little bit better in cinéma but the 3100 is have more régularity between film and music ,is model 3100 is very good but onkyo need make new receivers,marantz start now whit the big receiver model sr-8012 and in mars 2018 comming the denon avr x8500h whit hdmi 2.1 and 13 channels ,I think onkyo no have choice to make new receivers in 2018 for make competition to denon and marrantz.

marantz av 8805, 13 chanels, emotiva 2 xpa 5 gen1,1 emotiva xpa3 gen3, 7.4.6,4 speakers monitor 11 ,2 paradigm studio 100 v2,4 ceillings speakers ss82w sweet spot earthquake ,2 earthquake ecs-8.0,1 center Paradigm cc390,4 subs klipsch r-sw112 sw.antimod 8033 perfect bass kit paradigm, Buttkicker amplificateur lfe 1000 watts, , tv oled 65e6p,, room 12x25x7,bluray player oppo bdp 203,4coolers ac infinity s9 fan.
zimmo is offline  
post #1967 of 2579 Old 11-17-2017, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmo View Post
model 3100 is very good but onkyo need make new receivers,marantz start now whit the big receiver model sr-8012 and in mars 2018 comming the denon avr x8500h whit hdmi 2.1 and 13 channels ,I think onkyo no have choice to make new receivers in 2018 for make competition to denon and marrantz.
I have to agree 100%...the soon to be released Marantz SR8012 is what the RZ3100 should have been. The spring 2018 intro of the Denon X8500H will best the SR8012 in terms of capability and features. IMO, for Onkyo to even be in the conversation, the RZ3100’s fall replacement will have to eclipse both of these D+M’s offerings...a tall but not impossible order. It remains to be seen if Onkyo is up to the challenge. If not, IMO, Onkyo's leadership and competitive product performance reputation will be relegated to the past.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 11-18-2017 at 12:16 PM.
gene4ht is online now  
post #1968 of 2579 Old 11-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
jake51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I read in a typically thorough German review that the RZ3100 is the best AVR they have ever tested for pure sound quality
Presumably the same can be said for the RZ1100 if it's the same only with nine channels?
I was going to buy the Pioneer SC-LX801 but now I just don't know
jake51 is online now  
post #1969 of 2579 Old 11-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Member
 
Mandrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Weathership Tango Delta
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got a link for that German review? TY!
Mandrake is offline  
post #1970 of 2579 Old 11-21-2017, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake51 View Post
I read in a typically thorough German review that the RZ3100 is the best AVR they have ever tested for pure sound quality
Presumably the same can be said for the RZ1100 if it's the same only with nine channels?
I was going to buy the Pioneer SC-LX801 but now I just don't know
I have been and continue to be an Onkyo fan. When I started this thread in January of 2016, my expectations were high that Onkyo would introduce a piece worthy of being called a flagship. If you review the earlier comments of this thread, you'll understand why I feel Onkyo underachieved. It's my opinion but I'll stand by my previous comment that the upcoming Marantz SR8012 is what the 3100 should have been. The 3100 is indeed a good AVR but not exceptional and could have been much better...especially for its MSRP. The German review, although very complementary, represents a "single" sample size. We have to ask why there were not many more similar reviews worldwide. Further, we are also aware that reviewers and their publishers are extremely revenue driven these days. In any case, my comments are by no means an effort to diminish the 1100 and 3100, discourage purchasing, or engage in no win debates. I would, however, encourage Onkyo to return to their prominent heritage and provide more in terms of performance, features, and value for their 2018 offerings.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #1971 of 2579 Old 11-21-2017, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
jake51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Link to German review: http://www.areadvd.de/tests/xxl-test...aller-klassen/
Google translated: Despite strong competition - what makes the Onkyo TX-RZ3100 so acoustically superior?
Extreme sovereignty of the built-in amplifiers, even at enormously high levels. You might almost think that you are dealing with an AV pre / final stage combination.
Already Pioneer has managed the significantly cheaper SC-LX801 (2.199 EUR) to make the digital working principle of the power amplifiers virtually forgotten. The TX-RZ3100 now sets to the next beat and offers more sensitivity than many analog power amplifier units.
Incredible spatial differentiation. The TX-RZ3100 consistently models different acoustic levels right through to far back
High performance regardless of the source material. Where other competitors then e.g. Slightly fainting over all channels when playing Spotify material with a suitable polisher, the TX-RZ3100 takes it to the next beat and shows its impressive potential even under unfavorable conditions.
Replaces effortlessly high-quality 1,500 EUR stereo amplifier. In the "Pure Audio Mode" the Onkyo offers the highest sonic purity and also presents filigree musical relationships outstandingly and with fine resolution.

Last edited by jake51; 11-21-2017 at 10:05 PM.
jake51 is online now  
post #1972 of 2579 Old 11-23-2017, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
jake51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I just can't decide between the Onkyo RZ1100 and the Pioneer SC-LX801
I have a Pioneer now and like it a lot... but it's non 4K
Any thoughts?
jake51 is online now  
post #1973 of 2579 Old 11-24-2017, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake51 View Post
I just can't decide between the Onkyo RZ1100 and the Pioneer SC-LX801
I have a Pioneer now and like it a lot... but it's non 4K
Any thoughts?
Conventional wisdom and the primary advice given in these threads say (1) determine/establish your wants/needs/priorities in terms of features and capabilities (2) followed by price/budget and then (3) let aesthetics and personal preferences break any ties. IMO, don't be overly concerned about brand reliability...every brand encounters issues...for every horror story there are many more unreported success stories. Good luck with your decision.
Gasaraki_ likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 11-24-2017 at 05:45 PM.
gene4ht is online now  
post #1974 of 2579 Old 11-26-2017, 10:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 1,274
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 242
I am looking for some input re: the new onkyo receivers with regards to the new(er) multi-room wireless playback options: fire connect v. play fi v native chromecast. I use the chromecast dongle and seems to work ok. how about fire connect?

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.
smithsabom is online now  
post #1975 of 2579 Old 11-28-2017, 01:39 AM
Member
 
chrisfsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Have a RZ1100 with 7.1.2 setup and want to go for 7.1.4, any good 2 channel amp suggestions ? Thanks !!!
chrisfsk is offline  
post #1976 of 2579 Old 11-28-2017, 02:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 82,953
Mentioned: 700 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21986 Post(s)
Liked: 11925
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfsk View Post
Have a RZ1100 with 7.1.2 setup and want to go for 7.1.4, any good 2 channel amp suggestions ? Thanks !!!
Least expensive would be to re-purpose an old AVR, otherwise the AudioSource Amp100VS is often recommended for the second set of height speakers, although would also work with the RZ1100 if the Surround Back speakers are fairly easy to drive.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Source-...ource+amp100vs

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 11-28-2017 at 02:59 AM.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #1977 of 2579 Old 11-28-2017, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfsk View Post
Have a RZ1100 with 7.1.2 setup and want to go for 7.1.4, any good 2 channel amp suggestions ? Thanks !!!
As @jdsmoothie mentioned, the Audiosource is a popular/favored and inexpensive two channel solution but as an alternate choice and budget permitting, the Onkyo M-5010 is a bit more elegant and provides a bit more power. Also, it can be found from time to time for 10%- 15% less.

https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-M-5010-...ds=onkyo+m5010

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is online now  
post #1978 of 2579 Old 11-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Member
 
chrisfsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
As @jdsmoothie mentioned, the Audiosource is a popular/favored and inexpensive two channel solution but as an alternate choice and budget permitting, the Onkyo M-5010 is a bit more elegant and provides a bit more power. Also, it can be found from time to time for 10%- 15% less.

https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-M-5010-...ds=onkyo+m5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Least expensive would be to re-purpose an old AVR, otherwise the AudioSource Amp100VS is often recommended for the second set of height speakers, although would also work with the RZ1100 if the Surround Back speakers are fairly easy to drive.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Source-...ource+amp100vs

Thank you for your suggestions. I also have a side question, is it having a lot of differences between NZ1100+M5010 and NZ3100 for 7.1.4 setup ? This is about $800 difference. Thanks !!!
chrisfsk is offline  
post #1979 of 2579 Old 11-28-2017, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 3,946
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfsk View Post
Thank you for your suggestions. I also have a side question, is it having a lot of differences between NZ1100+M5010 and NZ3100 for 7.1.4 setup ? This is about $800 difference. Thanks !!!
Literally no difference at all! Onkyo representatives have stated that the 1100 is the 3100 minus two channels. Unless you constantly push the AVRs to near reference levels, there should be no real world noticeable difference. Realistically you would not likely fully utilize 75 watts for the rear channels. And lastly, it is the opinion of many that there is very little in return for the $800 difference between the two AVRs. If 11 channels are needed, most buyers have elected/chosen to go the 1100 + 2 Channel Amp route. Use the savings for a premium UHD player or upgrade your display or speakers for a better return on your $$$!

Note: Those who choose the 3100 typically do not have budget constraints and/or require a single box only solution.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 11-28-2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo
gene4ht is online now  
post #1980 of 2579 Old 11-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Member
 
chrisfsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Literally no difference at all! Onkyo representatives have stated that the 1100 is the 3100 minus two channels. Unless you constantly push the AVRs to near reference levels, there should be no real world noticeable difference. Realistically you would not likely fully utilize 75 watts for the rear channels. And lastly, it is the opinion of many that there is very little in return for the $800 difference between the two AVRs. If 11 channels are needed, most buyers have elected/chosen to go the 1100 + 2 Channel Amp route. Use the savings for a premium UHD player or upgrade your display or speakers for a better return on your $$$!

Note: Those who choose the 3100 typically do not have budget constraints and/or require a single box only solution.
Very make sense to me, thank you
chrisfsk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
TX-RZ1000

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off