Axiim Q WiSA-compliant wireless AVR - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36Likes

post #121 of 218 Old 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Interesting! Is it as-is from the input?
Doesn't say in the owner manual. Could be as is in case some people go like BR Player --> AVR --> Soundbar 7.1 --> TV

Kelvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 218 Old 10-03-2017, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hey guys, just wanted to give you another update. We're shooting for an official release in mid November, and have started taking pre-orders for the Axiim Q UHD! In addition to the new Q, we're also releasing a new line of speakers, the WM Series, also available in November. All the details are up on our website, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Those of you waiting for the free upgrade, we'll be in contact when we get closer to the ship date.

Thanks,
Ryan
qirex likes this.
post #123 of 218 Old 10-03-2017, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Baker View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to give you another update. We're shooting for an official release in mid November, and have started taking pre-orders for the Axiim Q UHD! In addition to the new Q, we're also releasing a new line of speakers, the WM Series, also available in November. All the details are up on our website, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Those of you waiting for the free upgrade, we'll be in contact when we get closer to the ship date.

Thanks,
Ryan
Have the Ubiquiti AP compatibility issues been fixed on the new version? Also, how about the random distortion on audio after watching for extended periods of Netflix? Those are my 2 biggest issues right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 218 Old 10-03-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
Have the Ubiquiti AP compatibility issues been fixed on the new version? Also, how about the random distortion on audio after watching for extended periods of Netflix? Those are my 2 biggest issues right now.
Yes, we have resolved the WiFi compatibility issue you were having. We also have a new firmware update coming out soon that will improve overall WiFi stability on the older systems as well, although your specific issue was hardware related, so I don't know how much it will help you. The new firmware should be available on the Beta channel in the next week. We hopefully have also fixed the audio distortion, but we'll need you to confirm this when you receive your new system.

Thanks,
Ryan
Diverge likes this.
post #125 of 218 Old 10-04-2017, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
European plug

Hello all,
1/ Since I'm located in Europe but really interested by the 5.1 system, I was wondering if someone could take a picture of the plugs. Is there a movable part that I could swap for a european plug or I will need a EUR/US converter for every plug of the 5.1 system ?
2/ Further more, having some friend going to US in 2 months, I was wondering if someone has an idea of the box size (in case I wrap it for the plane).
3/ And to finish, I see XM and WM series now. Shall I understand from the previous comment that the XM serie suffered from some hardware defect that have been adressed in the WM serie or is there other differencies between the 2 series ?

Sorry for my broken English and many thanks in advance.

PS: in case you have the info in inches and cm, I am more familiar with the meter system. :-))))))

Many thanks in advance,

Olivier
post #126 of 218 Old 10-04-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivierG1978 View Post
Hello all,
1/ Since I'm located in Europe but really interested by the 5.1 system, I was wondering if someone could take a picture of the plugs. Is there a movable part that I could swap for a european plug or I will need a EUR/US converter for every plug of the 5.1 system ?
2/ Further more, having some friend going to US in 2 months, I was wondering if someone has an idea of the box size (in case I wrap it for the plane).
3/ And to finish, I see XM and WM series now. Shall I understand from the previous comment that the XM serie suffered from some hardware defect that have been adressed in the WM serie or is there other differencies between the 2 series ?

Sorry for my broken English and many thanks in advance.

PS: in case you have the info in inches and cm, I am more familiar with the meter system. :-))))))

Many thanks in advance,

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

If you order directly from us, we will make sure the correct plugs are included with your system. If you were to buy a 5.1 Essential bundle with 4 WM Bookshelf speakers, the shipment would come in 3 boxes, roughly 24"x24"x24" (60x60x60 in cm) each. I don't have the exact dimensions for the WM Tower speaker shipment if you buy a bundle the Pro bundle, however each tower is approximately 100cm tall to give you a rough estimate.

The XM Series speakers did not have any defect, we just took the opportunity to improve on our original line of speakers while we were developing the Q UHD system. There were a couple of minor deficiencies with the original Axiim Q Media Center (the main AVR/wireless transmitter) that have been resolved in the Q UHD Media Center.

Thanks,
Ryan
post #127 of 218 Old 10-05-2017, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Hi Olivier,

If you order directly from us, we will make sure the correct plugs are included with your system. If you were to buy a 5.1 Essential bundle with 4 WM Bookshelf speakers, the shipment would come in 3 boxes, roughly 24"x24"x24" (60x60x60 in cm) each. I don't have the exact dimensions for the WM Tower speaker shipment if you buy a bundle the Pro bundle, however each tower is approximately 100cm tall to give you a rough estimate.

The XM Series speakers did not have any defect, we just took the opportunity to improve on our original line of speakers while we were developing the Q UHD system. There were a couple of minor deficiencies with the original Axiim Q Media Center (the main AVR/wireless transmitter) that have been resolved in the Q UHD Media Center.

Thanks,
Ryan
Thank you so much Ryan for the speed and precision of your answers.

1/ Where could I find a document explaining the differences between the two products lines?
1.1 It is in the appearance only ? Since I have a 3y old kid and we change apartment every two years, I had the feeling the XM case (more plastic than with baize/thin felt (the precise word is feutrine in French)) would be more baby proof ?
1.2 Or is there an accoustic difference between the two ? I am to power half of a 9x5m main room (30x16) so I don't know if XM would sound different from the WM ?

2/ On the website, there is a bundle for the WM at 2500$. But since it includes the subwoofer (av Jan 2018), the bundle will not be available before my friend's trip to US in 2 months. On the other side, I see no bundle for the XM serie so I get a total of 600+4x300+350+800=2950$. But available before christmas, maybe even Black friday ? Do you confirm all three assumptions ?

Sorry to bother you with so many questions. Just excited by the idea of joigning the Axiim customer family and I though those questions could interest other readers.

Best regards,

Olivier

The axiim XM.4211CS center speaker
was designed to fit on a fireplace mantle or on a stand below your TV. The two Danish designed 4 inch drivers combined with a 1 inch fabric dome transducer offer an acoustically accurate and natural sound in a compact modern design.
Product Specifications
Amplifier - 100W, acoustically matched 3-channel high efficiency Class D digital power amplifier
Wireless - WiSA compliant 24bit/96kHz wireless audio
Enclosure Type - Sealed
Tweeter - Single 1 in. (25 mm) fabric dome transducer
Woofers - Dual 4 in. (102 mm) mid-range driver
Frequency Response - 80Hz-20kHz
Dimensions (HxWxD) - 5.8 x 14.1 x 5.7 in. (147 x 358 x 145 mm)
Weight - 7.45 lbs (3.39 kg)
Power Supply - 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz

The WM Series loudspeakers
are the newest addition to the Axiim family of wireless loudspeakers. The WM loudspeakers use the WiSA compliant 24bit/96kHz HD wireless audio connection to eliminate speaker wires. Each driver in the loudspeaker receives it’s own dedicated audio power amplifier tuned specifically to match the driver for the ultimate sonic performance.
The loudspeakers are finished with Soft Touch end cap(s) and aluminum trim finishing for an elegant presentation. The WM speakers use textiles complemented by visually pleasing aluminum embellishments and satin finishes.
• WiSA certified 24bit/96KHz audio connection
• Two 5 inch drivers
• One 1 inch silk dome tweeter
• 100W, tri-amp class D audio amplifiers with audio DSP
• Dimensions: 16.9 x 6.5 x 6.5 inch (WxDxH)
post #128 of 218 Old 10-05-2017, 11:18 AM

Hi Olivier,

The WM Series speakers have 5 inch drivers, compared to the 4 inch drivers on the XM Series, so I would definitely recommend the WM for a room your size. I also have a 3 year old, and the speakers have held up well in my house. The WM speakers also do not have a removable grill cloth, like the XM Series, which can be nice if you've got little hands running around that like to take things apart.

You are correct that the WM Subwoofer will not be available until early 2018, however the current bundles that will be shipping this November will come with the original XM Subwoofer.

Thanks,
Ryan
post #129 of 218 Old 10-06-2017, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivierG1978 View Post
Guess you could transport those on a regular plane but I'd expect this to more expensive than having them delivered via FedEx (that's how Axiim delivered my set to Germany). Also there's no way your friend can get those through customs without being noticed and (again) FedEx does a great job there too.
OlivierG1978 likes this.
post #130 of 218 Old 10-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Probably a dumb question:

If I currently own the Klipsch Wireless Premiere HD speakers and then buy the AXIIM hub, would they be compatible since they're WISA compliant Speakers?
post #131 of 218 Old 10-09-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbackq View Post
Probably a dumb question:

If I currently own the Klipsch Wireless Premiere HD speakers and then buy the AXIIM hub, would they be compatible since they're WISA compliant Speakers?
Yes, the Axiim Q is compatible with the Klipsch Wireless Premiere HD speakers. The only downside is that the Axiim Q cannot update the firmware on a Klipsch speaker at this time, although that might be a possibility in the future.

Thanks,
Ryan
post #132 of 218 Old 10-10-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionceau View Post
Guess you could transport those on a regular plane but I'd expect this to more expensive than having them delivered via FedEx (that's how Axiim delivered my set to Germany). Also there's no way your friend can get those through customs without being noticed and (again) FedEx does a great job there too.
Lionceau,
Do you remember what was the extra tax/cost to have the system delivered to Germany ?
post #133 of 218 Old 10-13-2017, 05:35 AM

What I paid for taxes and transport:
- Taxes: 245,00 USD
- Transport: 165,00 USD

You might end up with totally different numbers for different reasons:
- Tax rate might be different in France.
- Taxes mentioned above are based on the beta-price of 1.499,- USD (iirc similar deals were offered on Black Friday).
- Delivery to Germany via FedEx costs about 330,- USD but Axiim paid half of it. Guess that was also related to their beta-program.
post #134 of 218 Old 11-08-2017, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Yes, we have resolved the WiFi compatibility issue you were having. We also have a new firmware update coming out soon that will improve overall WiFi stability on the older systems as well, although your specific issue was hardware related, so I don't know how much it will help you. The new firmware should be available on the Beta channel in the next week. We hopefully have also fixed the audio distortion, but we'll need you to confirm this when you receive your new system.

Thanks,
Ryan
Has the new beta been released yet?

I've been checking every few days for the last month, and it always says 'Your axiim Q is up to date.' I'm on version 17.131.1143, and have been on that for what seems like forever. My Q is messing up all the time, and it's pretty frustrating, so the sooner I get the new unit, and the update, the better.
post #135 of 218 Old 11-16-2017, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Any update on when the promised free upgrade will be shipping to original customers?

Sony XBR-65A1E
post #136 of 218 Old 11-17-2017, 10:41 AM

Diverge, there is a new update now available on the Beta update channel. This includes a new speaker firmware, which should improve some connectivity issues that people have been having. It also has some updates to the WiFi driver. While this does not solve all of the WiFi issues we have had with the original system, it does address several of the problems.

bluebaron, we are hoping to start delivering the free upgrades soon. We've hit a little bit of a hiccup with shipping/customs from our manufacturer that has slowed things down, but hopefully this is the last hurdle! We'll be in touch as soon as we're ready to start sending the new systems. Thanks for your patience, it's been a very long road to get to this point, but we're almost to the finish line!

Thanks,
Ryan
Diverge likes this.
post #137 of 218 Old 12-12-2017, 11:02 AM

Hi Ryan

Do you think you will be shipping this year?
OlivierG1978 likes this.

Sony XBR-65A1E
post #138 of 218 Old 12-14-2017, 01:42 PM

Hi all,

Yes! We will be shipping this year. The first wave of shipments should start going out next week. We'll be in touch very soon!

Thanks,
Ryan
OlivierG1978 likes this.
post #139 of 218 Old 12-29-2017, 06:26 AM

Still no shipment for me

Quote:
Hi all,

Yes! We will be shipping this year. The first wave of shipments should start going out next week. We'll be in touch very soon!

Thanks,
Ryan
Unfortunately, looks like I won't be getting my replacement this year after all.

Ryan, do you have a new ETA?

Sony XBR-65A1E
post #140 of 218 Old 12-29-2017, 01:05 PM

Hi,

We did begin shipping the first pre-orders as well as some of the free upgrades last week. Things have been slow this week due to the holidays, however we are slowly making progress. If you have a specific question about where you are on the list, send us an email to [email protected] and I'd be happy to give you a more specific estimate.

Thanks,
Ryan
OlivierG1978 likes this.
post #141 of 218 Old 01-02-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Hi,

We did begin shipping the first pre-orders as well as some of the free upgrades last week. Things have been slow this week due to the holidays, however we are slowly making progress. If you have a specific question about where you are on the list, send us an email to [email protected] and I'd be happy to give you a more specific estimate.

Thanks,
Ryan
Thanks Ryan,

Email sent over the holiday. Purchased January 4th 2017.

Regards

Steve Edgecombe

Sony XBR-65A1E
post #142 of 218 Old 01-10-2018, 12:13 PM

Liked: 3
Got my UHD upgrade!

Was curious whats in the beta? I installed it...
post #143 of 218 Old 01-10-2018, 04:12 PM

The "IR Support" section is missing from the menu, and the IR port is not working. Is this a bug, or a hardware issue?
post #144 of 218 Old 01-13-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migbot View Post
The "IR Support" section is missing from the menu, and the IR port is not working. Is this a bug, or a hardware issue?
Hi,

The new beta is primarily an update to the speaker firmware. It has some power related improvements for all Axiim brand speakers, and some sound enhancements for the new WM Series speakers.

The Q UHD uses different IR codes than the original Q, and unfortunately we have not heard back from Logitech about updating their database. We're working on the issue and I'll post here as soon as we get it working.

Thanks,
Ryan
post #145 of 218 Old 01-14-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Hi,

The new beta is primarily an update to the speaker firmware. It has some power related improvements for all Axiim brand speakers, and some sound enhancements for the new WM Series speakers.

The Q UHD uses different IR codes than the original Q, and unfortunately we have not heard back from Logitech about updating their database. We're working on the issue and I'll post here as soon as we get it working.

Thanks,
Ryan
I have at last received my Q UHD and will write a full review at some point soon...but here are two initial observations.

1. Shipping time is abysmal. Order confirmed email received Jan 2nd. Delivered Jan 13th. In these days of Amazon next day or even two day delivery this is pretty poor.

2. Despite clearly stating on the sales site that IR support with Harmony is supported and even showing where to go in the menu to activate...it actually currently does not support IR such as Harmony. That is a clear misrepresentation of the capabilities of the product.

The sales site should reflect this....support coming soon or something similar would be more ethical.

Sony XBR-65A1E
post #146 of 218 Old 01-14-2018, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebaron View Post

1. Shipping time is abysmal. Order confirmed email received Jan 2nd. Delivered Jan 13th. In these days of Amazon next day or even two day delivery this is pretty poor.
Unless you were given an earlier delivery date when placing the order, or they we're advertising a faster shipping time, that's a perfectly normal shipping/processing time.

Not every company in the world offers 2-3 day shipping and it's silly to claim anything but that is "abysmal". Even Amazon themselves doesn't offer it for tens of millions of products + their 3rd party sellers where shipping can take a month.

Lyngdorf MP-50 | Yamaha MX-A5200 | Ascend Sierra Towers | Ascend Sierra Horizon | Ascend Sierra Lunas | Ascend HTM-200SE | SVS SB-13 x4
post #147 of 218 Old 01-15-2018, 03:25 PM

Nothing would make me happier than to have Amazon-like shipping speeds! Unfortunately, our shipping team is currently overwhelmed processing orders and upgrades. In addition, the last several weeks have been exceptionally hectic with CES taking place. As I said before, we are a very small company! We will continue to fulfill orders and quickly as we can. Thanks for your patience!

With regards to the IR capability, you can include me in the group of people anxiously awaiting this functionality, however we are at the mercy of Logitech at this point. If you are interested, it may help speed the process along if you were to contact them directly and ask for support for the Q UHD.

Thanks,
Ryan
post #148 of 218 Old 01-16-2018, 10:22 AM

Delivery expectations

Hello Ryan and happy new year,
I was wondering if it could be possible to have an assesment of the delivery time.
If your order are incremental, you probably know how many pending orders you have.
On the other side, you probably know how many you can ship per week or when you will receive your next shipment (from China) or how many you can build a week or a month in case it is built in US.

Something like Ref 1990000 - 1991000 delivery time January
Ref 1991001 - 1995000 delivery time March 2018
etc.....

This could give your customers an expected delivery time for the people that placed an order. In my case, it would help me to know if I should have it delivered to France or to US (I have friends regularly commuting)

I placed an order (charged 0 USD) with the reference 20001140 :-)
post #149 of 218 Old 01-17-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebaron View Post
I have at last received my Q UHD and will write a full review at some point soon...but here are two initial observations.

2. Despite clearly stating on the sales site that IR support with Harmony is supported and even showing where to go in the menu to activate...it actually currently does not support IR such as Harmony. That is a clear misrepresentation of the capabilities of the product.

The sales site should reflect this....support coming soon or something similar would be more ethical.
BlueBaron,

Are you having any issues with changing inputs on the new Q? I see you have a Sony too, and was curious. Mine is a mess right now. Have to switch to the same input several times before it takes.
post #150 of 218 Old 01-20-2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migbot View Post
BlueBaron,

Are you having any issues with changing inputs on the new Q? I see you have a Sony too, and was curious. Mine is a mess right now. Have to switch to the same input several times before it takes.
Hi Migbot,

I haven't had the same problem. Although, the Axiim is in a second room with an LG OLED TV not the Sony.

Sony XBR-65A1E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
axiim , wisa

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page