Denon S510 won't turn off. Screen just says "Update Fail". Unit unuseable. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 02-03-2016, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon S510 won't turn off. Screen just says "Update Fail". Unit unuseable.

Before I return this is there anything else I can try? Doing the factory reset does not work, unplugging for an hour and then turning back on displays same "Update Fail". Remote doesn't do anything, buttons on unit don't do anything. Factory reset won't work.

This started because I tried to do the firmware update. After it got down to 3 minutes the device powered off and then just got locked into this "Update Fail" mode. If I press the power button nothing happens. So weird. Brand new unit, out of the box for less than 10 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-03-2016, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 742 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22606 Post(s)
Liked: 12299
Although the S510BT is not a networking model, the networking models have a "network reset" procedure (similar to factory reset but press/hold the TUNER PRESET CH + / TUNER PRESET CH - buttons instead). Give that a try and see if it resolves the issue you're having with the USB update.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 02-03-2016 at 07:07 AM.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-03-2016, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The networking models have a "network reset" procedure (similar to factory reset but press/hold the TUNER PRESET CH + / TUNER PRESET CH - buttons instead). Give that a try.
I have the DENON AVR-S510BT model.

I don't believe it has network access but I will try that combo regardless when I get home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-03-2016, 07:08 AM

Correct. Just suggesting you give that reset combination a try to see if it works on the S510BT to resolve your issue.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-03-2016, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Just called Denon supprt. This error means the unit has to be serviced or replaced by Denon. So weird that no one else has posted about this issue on the internet before me.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-03-2016, 11:10 AM

Did you try the reset procedure I suggested?

Also, for more helpful information on this model, review posts 1-6 in the 2015 Denon AVR Owner's thread linked below ....

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html
post #7 of 10 Old 01-21-2017, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I am stuck with the same problem. Yesterday, I tried to up date my Denon Avr-s510bt and something went wrong. I download the latest fimware from the DENON webpage and did exactly like you were supost to do and now it just show "Update Fail". The Avr-s510bt does not turn on/off, it just show "Update Fail". Is there any solution for it? I read the only solution is send it back to factory for replacement, but I live in Brazil. I imported the receiver from US more or less 1.5 years ago. It is really hard to send the AVR-S510BT back to Denon fatores for replacement. I tried to reset it and Nottingham happend. Please, help!!!!
post #8 of 10 Old 01-21-2017, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edufroes View Post
Hi, I am stuck with the same problem. Yesterday, I tried to up date my Denon Avr-s510bt and something went wrong. I download the latest fimware from the DENON webpage and did exactly like you were supost to do and now it just show "Update Fail". The Avr-s510bt does not turn on/off, it just show "Update Fail". Is there any solution for it? I read the only solution is send it back to factory for replacement, but I live in Brazil. I imported the receiver from US more or less 1.5 years ago. It is really hard to send the AVR-S510BT back to Denon fatores for replacement. I tried to reset it and Nottingham happend. Please, help!!!!
Are you not able to purchase locally with a warranty (even if it costs more)? Try doing the reset procedure at least 4-5 times in a row. If still no joy, time to replace it.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-21-2017, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Are you not able to purchase locally with a warranty (even if it costs more)? Try doing the reset procedure at least 4-5 times in a row. If still no joy, time to replace it.
I sent DENON an e-mail asking hello. Lets see what can the do. It is very weird to do the update step and the AVR just stop working. I am very upset. Thank for you help anyway, jdsmoothie.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-24-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edufroes View Post
I sent DENON an e-mail asking hello. Lets see what can the do. It is very weird to do the update step and the AVR just stop working. I am very upset. Thank for you help anyway, jdsmoothie.
Hello, the receiver is working again?

Can i ask you a favor? I have an S510BT but i dont have the serial number, so i cant download the firmware file in Denon website. Could you upload the file in some storage for download?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
brick , denon s510bt , firmware update , update

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page