Trigger Out Not Working - Denon AVRX4200W - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-13-2016, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Trigger Out Not Working - Denon AVRX4200W

I am trying to get the Trigger Out from my Denon AVRX4200W to control the power on an AudioSource AMP210, but I'm not able to get it to work.

I've set the Denon to have Trigger 1 linked to Zone 2. When I toggle the power on Zone 2 with the AMP210 connected to Trigger 1, the the AMP210 never powers on. However, the Signal lights do change when I toggle the Zone 2 power....when I power it off the signal lights to Green, and when I power it on they go Orange. Regardless of the color of the Signal lights, the AMP is not powered on. If I connect a source (iPhone) directly to the inputs I get no sound out of the speakers. If I flip the Power Mode switch on the AMP210 to Auto or Normal, the power lights behind the face-plate on the AMP210 light up and I get sound.

I did throw a power meter on the 3.5 mm cable I am using to connect the Trigger ports and it is registering a 12v signal when Zone 2 is set to Off, and 0v when it is set to on...that SEEMS backwards to me. That said, the AMP210 never turns on regardless of what signal is coming out of the cable.

I've tried a couple of different 3.5mm interconnects, but all behave the same way. This is the one I have been primarily using:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

That cable is going from the Trigger 1 port on the Denon to the Trigger In on the AMP210. I've tried Trigger 2 on the Denon with the same result.

One other note, I get a really bad hum from the speakers connected to the AMP210 when I connect the RCA cables to the Zone 2 output on the Denon unless I have the Trigger cable connected. When connected, there's no hum...but when I disconnect it I get what sounds like a ground loop feedback hum. No idea if that's related, but it seems odd.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-13-2016, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Odd, might be a bad Amp 210!

I have 2 Amp 110's, one for my 2nd Zone in ceiling speakers, the 2nd for my Atmos Height speakers. Both of the 110's are powered on by my Denon 4100s trigger outs, and have worked perfectly.

Di you make sure that have the proper Sources enable for Zone 2, under Trigger Out menu. Such as Tuner, Online Music, Media Player, etc all set to ON? The 12v/0v, does sound Backwards!

Maybe unplug the power cords from both for 5 mins (soft reset), then try again! Also, did you make sure you have the selector switch on the back of the Amp 210 set to Trigger not Auto? Be sure to plug your RCA cables into input 2 on the 210. If no luck, my Guess is a bad amp 210...

(R&L: Infinity Beta 50) (Center: Infinity Beta C360) (Surround Side & Back: Infinity IW ERS 210 x 4) (TM: Infinity IC ERS 110 x 2) (Sub: Def Tech SC1)
(7.2.2 Config.) (AVR: Denon-4500) (Audiosource Amp 110 for TM's) (BRP: Pioneer 80FD) (Nvidia Shield TV) (Display: LG-65C9)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
audiosource , Denon , trigger

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page