1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pete LaFramboise

post #1 of 3 Old 03-25-2016, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Elite VSX-80

I have a vsx-80 and 90 I just got the 90 to replace the 80 for Dolby atmos. I took my 80 and put it in my pc to replace a older pioneer that I used to run the huge speakers on my gaming comp. The hdmi on the 80 worked fine on my TV and my ps4 ps3 Yada Yada etc. I hooked it up to my big gaming monitor and hooked it to my Nvidia 970 Gtx and the reciver does not like the card at all it won't send the signal through the reciver to the monitor. Has anyone ever had this issue or attempted this? The card sends signal fine hdmi directly to the monitor. And I can hook the monitor to the reciver and that works fine. It's just when I hook the comp to the reciver the reciver says nope. I mean not a huge deal I am using optical cable for the sound I figured whatever right use hdmi and use the features on the reciver..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-25-2016, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete LaFramboise View Post
I have a vsx-80 and 90 I just got the 90 to replace the 80 for Dolby atmos. I took my 80 and put it in my pc to replace a older pioneer that I used to run the huge speakers on my gaming comp. The hdmi on the 80 worked fine on my TV and my ps4 ps3 Yada Yada etc. I hooked it up to my big gaming monitor and hooked it to my Nvidia 970 Gtx and the reciver does not like the card at all it won't send the signal through the reciver to the monitor. Has anyone ever had this issue or attempted this? The card sends signal fine hdmi directly to the monitor. And I can hook the monitor to the reciver and that works fine. It's just when I hook the comp to the reciver the reciver says nope. I mean not a huge deal I am using optical cable for the sound I figured whatever right use hdmi and use the features on the reciver..
How do you like the 90?
post #3 of 3 Old 03-27-2016, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post
How do you like the 90?
i like it. Its a definite update over the 80. i noticed with the 80 the hdmi was laggy switching on and off switching sources would take my 80 4-6 seconds to register a new signal and than show my ps4 for a example. my 90 2 seconds. dont get me wrong the 80 is still nice but it had quirks i didnt want on my home theater. the hdmi passthrough didnt always work. I would have to turn the receiver on and off to fix the issue or press the source on the remote to make it re register. Kind of annoying when you are laying in bed and the remote is across the room. my 90. no issues. i likethe 90 its a great receiver i only paid 320 new what was a killer deal in my opinion. the 80 is now on my computer i always use the receiver in 1 mode when its on the pc so I wanted to hook it up hdmi. apparently i cant oh well. whats funny my old vsx-818v-k had no issues with the hdmi signal from my vid card. Maybe the hdmi board is going on the 80 who knows.
RicFlair likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page