I have this TX-NR656 that I am rebuilding a new media room around (downsizing).
My old setup was dedicated 19x15 home theater 110' screen (light controlled) with Epson Home projector that I drove in 1080p with my homebrewed HTPC utilizing a geforce GTX750 (not Ti) and Plex
New room is smaller and no light control really....
Now seems the time to upgrade to active 4k LED/OLED/QLED screen.
1. Do I need to upgrade HTPC graphics? (manual says it will do [email protected]
and might do [email protected]
1a. Does DP send sound as well if I use a adapter from DP to HDMI?
2. I read that this receiver does 4k up scaling - advice on if I should try to use it or pass thru?
3. What TV manufacture works well with the ARC on this receiver?
4. Best bang for the buck (black friday deals?) on screens.
5. what screen technology do you like and why (OLED, QLED, LED, etc)
6. I can send bitstream via but for the life of me can't get anything but stereo (PCM) out of my browsers (youtube)
7. what new 4k devices can I connect to this receiver - I have only the HTPC, PS 4 and a old Blueray player
8. What should I avoid?
9. Is the auto setup program for 7.1 a good starting point?
10. Sound setup tricks for 7.1 with the surrounds mounted high in the the room (ceiling) and the fronts/center/sub low (on the floor)
Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.