The Official Denon 2016 AVR-S720W/AVR-S920W Owners Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 157Likes

post #271 of 282 Old 04-23-2019, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2835 Post(s)
Liked: 1805
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmuntase View Post
I got my denon s720w setup with atmos 7.1 finally, but I'm having this really weird problem. When I use the atmos app on my windows 10 with my denon set to dolby surround everything sounds amazing and just like atmos should, but when I try to play videos on youtube or even atmos enabled content on my UHD netflix account it sounds awful. I can only describe it as sounding like old speakers off of a 90's computer monitor. What the heck is causing this and how do I fix it
Youtube is hit and miss, depending very much on how the individual content was recorded. No Atmos, but I do upmix some material into Dolby Surround that will incorporate all I've got in my system, and some of it sounds AWESOME, and some of it sounds like utter CRAP. Majority is somewhere in between, and not dependent on the number of channels like you seem to be experiencing. I do find Netflix to be vastly superior and I generally get excellent sound out of Netflix, especially Netflix-produced content. And I'm not even using Atmos sound as I'm going through TV built-in app over not eAudio Return Channel, so I've gotta upmix that too, but it's a mix of Dolby Surround and Anthem Logic.

How exactly are you getting the content to the receiver?

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 282 Old 04-23-2019, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
now I'm getting audio renderer error in youtube and netflix is giving me the uh-oh
post #273 of 282 Old 04-23-2019, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2835 Post(s)
Liked: 1805
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmuntase View Post
now I'm getting audio renderer error in youtube and netflix is giving me the uh-oh

Can you elaborate?

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 282 Old 06-30-2019, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just had a firmware update when I turned on my 720w. Can't find changelog anywhere. Anyone know what the update was for?
ez1dog likes this.
post #275 of 282 Old 07-30-2019, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I just went with a 5.1.2 Atmos setup with my S920W - question I couldn’t find - does this receiver support eARC? Wondering if I’ll have to use the apps on my Blu Ray player or if I can use the built in ones on my A9G for streamed Atmos content

Thanks!

Living Room - XBR77A9G / X800M2 / X4500H / Klipsch RP260F - RP-504C - R-112SW - R-41-SA (Atmos) Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LR (Surrounds + Atmos)
Bedroom - 65VT30
post #276 of 282 Old 09-02-2019, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bluetooth connection issues

Just got an Amazon Fire Tablet and have been trying to use that to connect via Bluetooth to my Denon AVR-S720W. A couple of months ago, I got it connected no problem and was able to play music from Amazon Music all night with no intervention. I tried connecting today in the same fashion, however, every few songs/minutes, it appeared that the bluetooth connection from the receiver would reset. Once it went through the process of resetting and reconnecting, I could play for a few songs/minutes and then rinse and repeat. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
post #277 of 282 Old 09-12-2019, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HDMI for video input Analog for audio?

I have a component (old game console) that when hooked up via HDMI, the AVR doesn't recognize the audio (note that direct to TV has no problem). I tried setting up this input with analog assigned to both "1" and "2" but it was not outputting audio from the analog input. Is this even possible to have analog audio assigned along with an HDMI input?
post #278 of 282 Old 09-15-2019, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Need help with outputting audio through TV optical while using receiver

My current setup:
- TV C9
- Denon S720W - connect to TV through HDMI ARC port
- wireless headphone sennheiser RS connect to TV through optical port

What I'm trying to do: when I watch youtube on shield TV that is connected to the AVR for example, I want to switch audio output on TV to optical and have the TV to output audio to the headphone (currently it outputs to TV internal speakers).

I could get it work with the old C6 ie use optical for headphone, HDMI ARC for AVR speakers, but somehow it isn't working with the new TV, the only temp solution I can come up with is to turn off the AVR whenever I want to use the headphone.

I'm suspecting it may have something to do with TV setup so not sure if it is the right place to ask, but does anyone have any idea on how to address this?

Thanks
post #279 of 282 Old 09-15-2019, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 66
It's most likely due to a setting with the TV. Keep in mind there are copyright protective measures in place when sending audio over hdmi and the "largest" multichannel signal optical can carry is Dolby Digital+.

If all you want to do is listen with your headphones, try setting optical output to PCM.
post #280 of 282 Old 09-15-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22568 Post(s)
Liked: 12282
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2810 View Post
My current setup:
- TV C9
- Denon S720W - connect to TV through HDMI ARC port
- wireless headphone sennheiser RS connect to TV through optical port

What I'm trying to do: when I watch youtube on shield TV that is connected to the AVR for example, I want to switch audio output on TV to optical and have the TV to output audio to the headphone (currently it outputs to TV internal speakers).

I could get it work with the old C6 ie use optical for headphone, HDMI ARC for AVR speakers, but somehow it isn't working with the new TV, the only temp solution I can come up with is to turn off the AVR whenever I want to use the headphone.

I'm suspecting it may have something to do with TV setup so not sure if it is the right place to ask, but does anyone have any idea on how to address this?

Thanks
When you power the AVR to standby, the audio+video of the selected Standby Source is passed to the TV.

If you want to pass the HDMI source audio+video through the AVR to the TV while the AVR is powered ON, you must change the <HDMI Audio Out> setting to "TV".

In order to pass the TV audio (ie. smart app or device connected to the TV) to the optical output of the TV, change the SOUND OUT setting to "Optical".

Then again, wouldn't it be easier to simply play YOUTUBE audio from the TV's smart app?
post #281 of 282 Old 09-16-2019, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
When you power the AVR to standby, the audio+video of the selected Standby Source is passed to the TV.

If you want to pass the HDMI source audio+video through the AVR to the TV while the AVR is powered ON, you must change the <HDMI Audio Out> setting to "TV".

In order to pass the TV audio (ie. smart app or device connected to the TV) to the optical output of the TV, change the SOUND OUT setting to "Optical".

Then again, wouldn't it be easier to simply play YOUTUBE audio from the TV's smart app?
I assume when I change audio out to TV, I won't be able to use speakers connected to AVR until I change back then?

youtube is just example, I play other media content and game consoles too.
post #282 of 282 Old 09-17-2019, 01:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22568 Post(s)
Liked: 12282
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2810 View Post
I assume when I change audio out to TV, I won't be able to use speakers connected to AVR until I change back then?
Correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
AVR-S720W/AVR-S920W

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page