The Official Denon 2016 AVR-S720W/AVR-S920W Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 157Likes

post #61 of 282 Old 08-25-2016, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have the S920W and it has started to just go into the speaker setup all on its own is any one else haveing this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 282 Old 08-26-2016, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Did you make sure to update the setting in Kodi to allow passthru via HDMI? Did you also make sure to update the settings after enabling HDMI passthru? Have you tested that track outside of the setup or with something other than Kodi?
Sent from nowhere
Yes we hooked up the source directly to the 920 and it played the 5.1 flawlessly. All settings in Kodi are correctly setup (5.1 audio, HDMI Passthrough, etc) starting to think the TV is the issue, not the receiver. sorry for the long delay in response, was on vacation.
post #63 of 282 Old 08-26-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
Same problem I have with Samsung KS8000 and S720W. Replacing my HDMI 1.3 cable from TV to ARC with latest HDMI 2 this week but concerned that's not the fix....
He actually had a professional installer install the HDMI between the TV and the 920, so I am assuming it is the correct standard...did your upgrade fix your problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 282 Old 08-26-2016, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked: 1633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnorwood View Post
He actually had a professional installer install the HDMI between the TV and the 920, so I am assuming it is the correct standard...did your upgrade fix your problem?
Turns out it didn't need fixing, as I misunderstood that YouTube videos claiming to test 5.1 are incorrect. YouTube only outputs two channel audio. Love my inexpensive new Monoprice cables though!

This site's downloads and information was very helpful: http://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/dolby-trailers/
post #65 of 282 Old 08-26-2016, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6526 Post(s)
Liked: 6238
The Official Denon 2016 AVR-S720W/AVR-S920W Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnorwood View Post
Yes we hooked up the source directly to the 920 and it played the 5.1 flawlessly. All settings in Kodi are correctly setup (5.1 audio, HDMI Passthrough, etc) starting to think the TV is the issue, not the receiver. sorry for the long delay in response, was on vacation.

Kodi as far as I know should be set to 2.0 for passthru to work. Also make sure that the test track is the lossy version not lossless. You can't push lossless over ARC.

Sent from nowhere

Last edited by Ph8te; 08-26-2016 at 01:34 PM.
post #66 of 282 Old 09-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Liked: 11
I've had the S720W for a few months now as a replacement for a 3 1/2 year old Denon AVR2110CI which died. For the most part, I like the new unit quite a bit, but there is one thing that's pretty annoying... I have my phone paired with the receiver for bluetooth. Whenever I happen to turn off my phone and turn it on again, or reboot it, the receiver automatically switches to bluetooth mode. It does this even if we're watching TV (receiver in DBA mode), or if the receiver is off (it will turn on automatically and switch to bluetooth mode). Not sure if this is an issue with my phone, or with the receiver.

Is there a setting on the receiver that will keep it from automatically switching to bluetooth mode when a device connects to it? I'd rather manually switch to bluetooth.

Thanks
-Mike-
post #67 of 282 Old 09-01-2016, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGuyXP View Post
I've had the S720W for a few months now as a replacement for a 3 1/2 year old Denon AVR2110CI which died. For the most part, I like the new unit quite a bit, but there is one thing that's pretty annoying... I have my phone paired with the receiver for bluetooth. Whenever I happen to turn off my phone and turn it on again, or reboot it, the receiver automatically switches to bluetooth mode. It does this even if we're watching TV (receiver in DBA mode), or if the receiver is off (it will turn on automatically and switch to bluetooth mode). Not sure if this is an issue with my phone, or with the receiver.

Is there a setting on the receiver that will keep it from automatically switching to bluetooth mode when a device connects to it? I'd rather manually switch to bluetooth.

Thanks
-Mike-
You can configure the 720 to default to TV Audio: http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS700W/NA...SYkabkahie.php
post #68 of 282 Old 09-01-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
You can configure the 720 to default to TV Audio: http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS700W/NA...SYkabkahie.php
Thanks for the info, but I don't think that's the issue as I don't use TV Audio (all audio goes through the receiver). The issue is that the receiver automatically switches from DBS/Sat mode ('DBA' was a typo in the original post) to bluetooth mode, or it turns on the receiver if it was off and switches to bluetooth mode whenever my phone connects to the receiver via bluetooth. So, I'm happily watching TV, then I get the 'now playing' bluetooth screen.
post #69 of 282 Old 09-01-2016, 02:57 PM

The Official Denon 2016 AVR-S720W/AVR-S920W Owners Thread

Quote:
Thanks for the info, but I don't think that's the issue as I don't use TV Audio (all audio goes through the receiver). The issue is that the receiver automatically switches from DBS/Sat mode ('DBA' was a typo in the original post) to bluetooth mode, or it turns on the receiver if it was off and switches to bluetooth mode whenever my phone connects to the receiver via bluetooth. So, I'm happily watching TV, then I get the 'now playing' bluetooth screen.

"Edit" did you turn off the network always on setting?

Sent from nowhere

Last edited by Ph8te; 09-01-2016 at 03:01 PM.
post #70 of 282 Old 09-02-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
"Edit" did you turn off the network always on setting?

Sent from nowhere
Network Control is set to Always On.
post #71 of 282 Old 09-02-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Network Control is set to Always On.

From some quick google searching, that may be it. Change that setting to see if it does anything for you.

Sent from nowhere
post #72 of 282 Old 09-02-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
From some quick google searching, that may be it. Change that setting to see if it does anything for you.

Sent from nowhere
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I can imagine how that setting would be responsible for turning on the receiver automatically when it gets a bluetooth connection if the receiver is off/standby. But if the receiver is already on, and in DBS/Sat mode, not sure this setting will prevent it from automatically switching to bluetooth, but I'll definitely give it a shot.
post #73 of 282 Old 09-05-2016, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Unhappy HELP with AVR-S720W and Samsung UDH 4K series 6 641d

Just purchased the Denon AVR-S720W and the Samsung UDH 4K series 6 641d tv and often when we switch channels from 4k to HD, or HD to 4k or to Netflix, the tv goes black and displays a message that it has lost its source. We upgraded the firmware from Samsung and the problem has not been resolved.

This is very frustrating and ready to return both the receiver and the tv!

Any advice?
post #74 of 282 Old 09-05-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Fenstermaker View Post
Just purchased the Denon AVR-S720W and the Samsung UDH 4K series 6 641d tv and often when we switch channels from 4k to HD, or HD to 4k or to Netflix, the tv goes black and displays a message that it has lost its source. We upgraded the firmware from Samsung and the problem has not been resolved.

This is very frustrating and ready to return both the receiver and the tv!

Any advice?

Sounds like a handshake issue. I would try a new HDMI cable 1st.

Sent from nowhere
digitalfusions likes this.
post #75 of 282 Old 09-07-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I can imagine how that setting would be responsible for turning on the receiver automatically when it gets a bluetooth connection if the receiver is off/standby. But if the receiver is already on, and in DBS/Sat mode, not sure this setting will prevent it from automatically switching to bluetooth, but I'll definitely give it a shot.
I switched Network Control from Always On to Off in Standby (the only other option), and that did fix one of my two issues. The receiver no longer turns itself on when my phone tries to connect to it via bluetooth. Thanks for the pointer!

The second issue remains though - not sure if it's a "feature" of my phone, or a "feature" of the receiver. To replicate the issue, I:
* Put the receiver in DBS/Sat mode so I can watch TV
* Phone has bluetooth on, and its paired to the receiver, but not currently connected.
* Turn off bluetooth on the phone
* Turn on bluetooth on the phone. When bluetooth is turned on, the phone sees that it's near enough to the receiver to attempt to connect to it.
* The receiver will switch to bluetooth mode by itself once the phone tries to connect

Maybe this is just the way it's designed, but IMHO, it would be less problematic if the receiver didn't automatically switch to bluetooth.
post #76 of 282 Old 09-16-2016, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Regarding sound modes, is there a reason to not be in Pure Auto mode since it provides the intended sound output?
post #77 of 282 Old 09-19-2016, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 83
s920w input lag

Hi,
so I've started a thread on the Vizio P-series (2016) being used as a PC monitor, and for gaming(pc and console). Input lag of course comes up quite a bit due to it's impact on gaming. It's VERY noticeable to those who play online multiplayer twitch shooters(Counter-Strike, Call of Duty etc.) and also fighting games. The question about input lag increasing with an AVR has come up. As a recent s920w owner, I've been thinking about this myself, and decided to buy a Leo Bodnar to get my own results and thought I would share it here: Going directly into HDMI 5 was pretty much the same as going through the Denon s920w to HDMI 5: About 21ms - 22ms. The numbers were pretty much the same with maybe a slight increase of less than 1ms. If there was an increase at all on the Denon, we're talking something like only .4ms! Of course the Denon was set for game mode on the input I was using. I've read something about "pass-through" or "direct pass-through" also making a difference in terms of input lag. In the video settings I found an option called "HDMI pass-through", and it was enabled by default so I left it alone. What you can take away from this is that the Denon s920w, and *probably* most AVRs that have these pass-through options, and probably most importantly, a game mode for eliminating any processing will give you no, or virtually no increase in input lag.

For any P-Series 2016 owners interested, my thread can be found here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...-gaming-5.html
lance466 likes this.
post #78 of 282 Old 09-19-2016, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by terablaze View Post
Hi,
so I've started a thread on the Vizio P-series (2016) being used as a PC monitor, and for gaming(pc and console). Input lag of course comes up quite a bit due to it's impact on gaming. It's VERY noticeable to those who play online multiplayer twitch shooters(Counter-Strike, Call of Duty etc.) and also fighting games. The question about input lag increasing with an AVR has come up. As a recent s920w owner, I've been thinking about this myself, and decided to buy a Leo Bodnar to get my own results and thought I would share it here: Going directly into HDMI 5 was pretty much the same as going through the Denon s920w to HDMI 5: About 21ms - 22ms. The numbers were pretty much the same with maybe a slight increase of less than 1ms. If there was an increase at all on the Denon, we're talking something like only .4ms! Of course the Denon was set for game mode on the input I was using. I've read something about "pass-through" or "direct pass-through" also making a difference in terms of input lag. In the video settings I found an option called "HDMI pass-through", and it was enabled by default so I left it alone. What you can take away from this is that the Denon s920w, and *probably* most AVRs that have these pass-through options, and probably most importantly, a game mode for eliminating any processing will give you no, or virtually no increase in input lag.

For any P-Series 2016 owners interested, my thread can be found here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...-gaming-5.html
Thanks for the info, I have a similar setup (Denon s920w + Vizio M70-c3 2015 model), and I have been happy with the input lag.

"HDMI Pass-though" is not related to input lag, it is just the ability (or inability) to get a HDMI signal through the receiver while the receiver is off.

However, in the "Output Video Mode" setting, there is "Auto", "Game" (what you tried), "Movie" and "Bypass". "Bypass" is supposed to be the mode with the lowest input lag -- it is the mode I currently used. It sounds like "Game" is already pretty good though. I wonder if you could try measuring the input lag in all 4 modes to see the difference.
post #79 of 282 Old 09-20-2016, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendo View Post
Thanks for the info, I have a similar setup (Denon s920w + Vizio M70-c3 2015 model), and I have been happy with the input lag.

"HDMI Pass-though" is not related to input lag, it is just the ability (or inability) to get a HDMI signal through the receiver while the receiver is off.

However, in the "Output Video Mode" setting, there is "Auto", "Game" (what you tried), "Movie" and "Bypass". "Bypass" is supposed to be the mode with the lowest input lag -- it is the mode I currently used. It sounds like "Game" is already pretty good though. I wonder if you could try measuring the input lag in all 4 modes to see the difference.
Movie: 33
Bypass: 22(same as game)
Auto: 34

I'm not sure if auto is giving you what you want really. I'm assuming it would depend on the device connected, and this number is what you're getting for a lag tester connected. There are however, more difficult ways to test input lag without a testing device.
rendo and lance466 like this.
post #80 of 282 Old 09-20-2016, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by terablaze View Post
Movie: 33
Bypass: 22(same as game)
Auto: 34

I'm not sure if auto is giving you what you want really. I'm assuming it would depend on the device connected, and this number is what you're getting for a lag tester connected. There are however, more difficult ways to test input lag without a testing device.
Thank you for doing this. There is a definitive need for more data regarding input lag times, given that the new generation of 4k + HDR tvs are becoming immensely attractive for gamers. Even for "desktop" gaming, I ended up buying a 40" Samsung JU7100 last year to replace a 5 year old HP ZR30W. I would never go to back to 30" or less.

Also, as FYI, rtings.com recently started upgrading their input lag measurements to include 4k resolutions for all 2016 models (http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag)
terablaze likes this.
post #81 of 282 Old 09-22-2016, 11:46 AM

Pass-through audio woes

I am having an issue with the 920 and a Samsung UHD TV. I can't get the audio from my Dish box to pass-through to the TV when the AVR is in stand-by mode. I have been fiddling with this for two days now and I'm kind of desperate.

I have connected the TV via the Monitor 1 output to the ARC in the TV. HDMI Control is turned off, but ARC is turned on.

HDMI+CEC is turned on on the TV.

I can't begin to tell you how many combinations of settings I have tried.

Can anyone help?
post #82 of 282 Old 10-03-2016, 08:25 PM
HTH

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I picked up the AVR-S920W from Best Buy to replace my failing Pioneer unit. Had it for three days now and one firmware update, but I've realized an issue: even if set to Video : Output Settings : Video Mode = Bypass or any Video : Output Settings : i/p Scaler = On : -Resolution = other than Auto or 4K, it is overscanning the video. When using AirPlay on my iPad to the Apple TV to play back video from the CBS app with display mirroring, the time progress bar at the extreme bottom edge of the iPad screen was cut through the middle on the TV, but only if the output resolution wasn't set at Auto or 4K. At that resolution, everything visible on the iPad was visible on the TV.

Similar differences were observed when playing back video from a TiVo Mini, or even just looking at the menus. The list of content at the top of the TiVo Mini's menus are flush to the bezel except for 4K where the gutter between them and the edge of the video frame is visible.

There does not seem to be a way to turn off this overscanning of a 1080i or 1080p input signal other than outputting a 4K signal, and my current cabling only permits 30Hz on this Samsung TV, though the Denon claims my TV will support 4K 60Hz. I'll give a new HDMI 2.2 cable a try to see if it enables 60Hz, but having no control over overscan, especially when set to do no processing on the signal, is a serious issue for me.
post #83 of 282 Old 10-08-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoriBB View Post
I am having an issue with the 920 and a Samsung UHD TV. I can't get the audio from my Dish box to pass-through to the TV when the AVR is in stand-by mode. I have been fiddling with this for two days now and I'm kind of desperate.

I have connected the TV via the Monitor 1 output to the ARC in the TV. HDMI Control is turned off, but ARC is turned on.

HDMI+CEC is turned on on the TV.

I can't begin to tell you how many combinations of settings I have tried.

Can anyone help?
I have exactly the same issue with an LG TV (47LN5700). When in passthrough mode the sound is distorted is the source is in surround or nothing if in stereo (source being an ATT cable/sat box)
I also tried all combinations possible.
I will try more...if time allows.
post #84 of 282 Old 10-16-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florin.moisa View Post
I have exactly the same issue with an LG TV (47LN5700). When in passthrough mode the sound is distorted is the source is in surround or nothing if in stereo (source being an ATT cable/sat box)
I also tried all combinations possible.
I will try more...if time allows.
I am having a similar issue. On my 920 I can't get it to pass the audio through to the TV. When it's turned off and the "passthrough" mode is enabled, the audio plays just fine on my Samsung 6200. I've tried every combination of settings to get it to use the audio from the Optical 1 cable coming out of the TV back into the 920. The related issue is I have a second Samsung 6200 TV in another location (outdoor bar) with a separate Denon amp. I need the audio to pass through the HDMI to drive the audio on that Amp. But no matter what I try, the Denon 920 won't pass the audio along with the HDMI video signal, unless it's turned off. Any ideas

I'm really frustrated.
post #85 of 282 Old 10-17-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons89 View Post
I am having a similar issue. On my 920 I can't get it to pass the audio through to the TV. When it's turned off and the "passthrough" mode is enabled, the audio plays just fine on my Samsung 6200. I've tried every combination of settings to get it to use the audio from the Optical 1 cable coming out of the TV back into the 920. The related issue is I have a second Samsung 6200 TV in another location (outdoor bar) with a separate Denon amp. I need the audio to pass through the HDMI to drive the audio on that Amp. But no matter what I try, the Denon 920 won't pass the audio along with the HDMI video signal, unless it's turned off. Any ideas

I'm really frustrated.
Hi all,

Updates:
-- I have tested other HDMI ports and does not work with the same CAB/SAT source.
-- I have tested with other CAB/SAT devices in my home and it works.

Thus I conclude it's the ATT device that is having issues.
For the moment I will use other device in my living room.

Hope it helps others!
post #86 of 282 Old 10-24-2016, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
S720W with Chromecast Audio

First time AVS poster, long-time lurker. Just upgraded from a Samsung speaker bar with a small sub to an AVR-S720W with (2) Polk T50 tower speakers, a Polk center channel (T30), and a Polk subwoofer (PSW108) - all of this was hooked up to my 3 year old Samsung UN55ES7100. Hooked up my Dish Hopper and was very pleased with the sound and picture - huge upgrade!

I've been slowly adding Chromecasts to my setup in preparation for Google Home. I connected a Chromecast Video directly to the "Media Player" HDMI input on the AVR - when I cast Google Music to that Chromecast, it shows PCM as the signal source and frankly the audio output is sub-optimal (barely hits the subwoofer, sound is flat). I went another route and hooked up a Chromecast Audio with an optical cable to the Optical 2 input on the AVR. Reassigned the optical audio input to "Media Player", and the sound is the same as the standard Chromecast. I tried changing it from Auto to Direct, no perceptible difference.

Am I doing something wrong here? When I cast a movie from Google Play movies to the Chromecast Video, the sound is great. Is it just a result of how Google Music sends the signal?

Thanks!
post #87 of 282 Old 11-02-2016, 05:57 AM

I just upgraded to an S720W from a now old X1000 to go along with a new 4k TV.

My current big complaint as someone who spends a ton of time fiddling with settings is that the on-screen GUI doesn't actually appear on screen. It won't overlay volume changes, and when I press setup to get into the audio settings it cuts everything off, sound and picture, and brings up the menu on a black screen.

This defeats the entire purpose of an on screen GUI. Is this normal behavior for 4k receivers? I'm *extremely* unhappy with this particular aspect of the receiver.

Sound quality and volume wise it's been great and it seems not to be adding any input lag to the signal so I'm good on the gaming front, but the GUI thing is slowly driving me crazy.

Does anyone know if the 920 or the X series models can do what I want? At this point I'm willing to throw money at the problem. I really did like my X1000, and that's what led me to another Denon, but all my digging and reading beforehand didn't say even one word about this issue.

Am I maybe just missing a setting somewhere?
post #88 of 282 Old 11-02-2016, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinJ View Post
I just upgraded to an S720W from a now old X1000 to go along with a new 4k TV.

My current big complaint as someone who spends a ton of time fiddling with settings is that the on-screen GUI doesn't actually appear on screen. It won't overlay volume changes, and when I press setup to get into the audio settings it cuts everything off, sound and picture, and brings up the menu on a black screen.

This defeats the entire purpose of an on screen GUI. Is this normal behavior for 4k receivers? I'm *extremely* unhappy with this particular aspect of the receiver.

Sound quality and volume wise it's been great and it seems not to be adding any input lag to the signal so I'm good on the gaming front, but the GUI thing is slowly driving me crazy.

Does anyone know if the 920 or the X series models can do what I want? At this point I'm willing to throw money at the problem. I really did like my X1000, and that's what led me to another Denon, but all my digging and reading beforehand didn't say even one word about this issue.

Am I maybe just missing a setting somewhere?
I have the 720 routed using ARC from my Samsung KS8000 and it works and displays well. Sometimes a little quirky with the HDMI CEC, but generally a very good user experience.

Do you have the Now Playing set to ON?
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS720W/NA...OKNRMLkzfeqoip

Are you using ARC? How are you connected to your TV? With my Samsung, I can choose the receiver as a source and access all the audio features.
ThinJ likes this.

Last edited by Terminader; 11-02-2016 at 07:05 AM.
post #89 of 282 Old 11-02-2016, 07:26 AM

I'm pretty sure that's set to on, but I'd have to doublecheck when I get home from work. To be clear, you're saying bringing up the setup menu while playing 4k sources it overlays the setup GUI over the picture with the black menu background as partially transparent?

To answer your questions, yes it is setup to use ARC, and that functions fine. It's connected to the TV (Also a Samsung KS8000 series, though I might be taking that back for an LG OLED) with a brand new HDMI cable. It displays 4k/HDR content fine so far. The receiver hasn't shown any issues passing it through, but accessing any of the receiver setup menus pauses/cuts off the picture and sound and goes to a black screen to bring up the GUI. If I recall things correctly it didn't do this when it was getting a 1080p signal during initial setup when I had yet to change all the display output options on my various devices. They were all set to 1080p. This behavior started when I set them all to 4k. It doesn't show volume changes on screen either.

Nothing else is plugged into the little box for the TV. Just the output coming from the receiver.

It's totally possible I just toggled something accidentally when I was going through all the menus initially and this whole thing is my fault though. I can be somewhat haphazard with things when it comes to initially getting them going.

Last edited by ThinJ; 11-02-2016 at 07:30 AM.
post #90 of 282 Old 11-02-2016, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinJ View Post
I'm pretty sure that's set to on, but I'd have to doublecheck when I get home from work. To be clear, you're saying bringing up the setup menu while playing 4k sources it overlays the setup GUI over the picture with the black menu background as partially transparent?

To answer your questions, yes it is setup to use ARC, and that functions fine. It's connected to the TV (Also a Samsung KS8000 series, though I might be taking that back for an LG OLED) with a brand new HDMI cable. It displays 4k/HDR content fine so far. The receiver hasn't shown any issues passing it through, but accessing any of the receiver setup menus pauses/cuts off the picture and sound and goes to a black screen to bring up the GUI. If I recall things correctly it didn't do this when it was getting a 1080p signal during initial setup when I had yet to change all the display output options on my various devices. They were all set to 1080p. This behavior started when I set them all to 4k. It doesn't show volume changes on screen either.

Nothing else is plugged into the little box for the TV. Just the output coming from the receiver.

It's totally possible I just toggled something accidentally when I was going through all the menus initially and this whole thing is my fault though. I can be somewhat haphazard with things when it comes to initially getting them going.
Sounds like we have similar setups, however I put my sources (DirecTV, PS3, DVD, Chromecast) through the Samsung OneConnectBox and occasionally have a video source (Raspberry Pi or HD camera) passthrough the Denon. I prefer the TV centric experience over the receiver centric experience.

I do not have Denon overlaid graphics except the Samsung shows its own volume indicator on the screen. To access the Denon menu, I choose the Denon as a source from the Samsung SmartHub and access the menu directly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
AVR-S720W/AVR-S920W

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page