The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 118 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281195Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3511 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,037
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Liked: 1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
I have an opened x4300h with Heos 1. I'm wondering when the receivers with hdmi 2.1 (48Gbs) will be available? Seeing how I got this deal from Fry's but if new spec receivers will be available soon, why upgrade twice so soon.

Not for at least a year. Most likely two. The final spec won't be released until Q2 of 2017.
mike929 likes this.
zeus33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3512 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 14,826
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 View Post
I have an opened x4300h with Heos 1. I'm wondering when the receivers with hdmi 2.1 (48Gbs) will be available? Seeing how I got this deal from Fry's but if new spec receivers will be available soon, why upgrade twice so soon.
I'd guess at least two years, probably 3 or more. It'll require an entirely new ecosystem.
mike929 and Madmax67 like this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #3513 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 4,656
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 2366
Quote:
Originally Posted by timc1475 View Post
I also got that same exact error message during another set up of Audyssey after I DL the Auro 3D & then a few days later installed the VOG via the 6300H 2nd sub out to an input on another AVR the 6300H replaced to power it.

My issue was that I did not have a standard RCA audio cable on hand so I used a RCA HD video component (1 of the 3 btw) cable thinking since it was RCA so the guts of it would function the same = wrong.

This caused the phase issue cuz when I drove later to Best Buy & got the correct RCA audio cable (11 buks for 6' ) the phase warning did not show afterwards.
That's funny. I've done similar stuff and worse myself so don't feel bad. The X6300H is one of my replacement options(other being the X4300H) for my older legacy Denon receiver so I read your comments on it as well as other current owners comments so your feedback on it is appreciated.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3514 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
BiggShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Valley Of The Sun
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I'm in the process of setting up my Denon AVR-X4300H and 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker system (Definitive Technology speakers). I have two questions I'm hoping to get answered.

1) My right / left surround are not exactly the same distance from the listening position (off by less than 24 inches - left surround closer to listening position). Should they be exactly the same distance, or when I run Audyssey will that correct the offset. I just don't want an incorrect surround sound experience

2) How is the best way to measure "degrees" when setting up the speakers for each position (fronts / sides/ rears).

Thanks for the replies.
BiggShooter is offline  
post #3515 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 4,656
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 2366
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggShooter View Post
1) My right / left surround are not exactly the same distance from the listening position (off by less than 24 inches - left surround closer to listening position). Should they be exactly the same distance, or when I run Audyssey will that correct the offset. I just don't want an incorrect surround sound experience
No issues. Audyssey will correct for that.

Quote:
How is the best way to measure "degrees" when setting up the speakers for each position (fronts / sides/ rears).
Thanks for the replies.
I use a mobile protractor app for things like this but really you can just use the equal distance rule of thumb for the mains. Have them an equal distance apart as you are seated from the front of their drivers and a foot or 2 away from any side or rear boundaries. I place my side surrounds a foot or so above seated ear height or at ear height when standing and either directly across from me or if space permits about a foot behind(90° to 110° from the MLP.)

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is online now  
post #3516 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
mike929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Grayson,GA
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Not for at least a year. Most likely two. The final spec won't be released until Q2 of 2017.
Ok, thanks. Guess i'll hookup the 4300

Origin - mrmike929
PSN - mrmike929
Steam - mike929
Xbox - mrmike929
mike929 is offline  
post #3517 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
mike929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Grayson,GA
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
I'd guess at least two years, probably 3 or more. It'll require an entirely new ecosystem.
well, guess i'll be upgrading again at that time

Origin - mrmike929
PSN - mrmike929
Steam - mike929
Xbox - mrmike929
mike929 is offline  
post #3518 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Member
 
hook13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Time for an upgrade, maybe. I have a 2809CI that has served me well. Tried to run a 3d bluray and realized it won't pass through. Thinking about upgrading, what current model is comparable, and is it worth upgrading, or should I just hook up a HDMI splitter? I'm running a 7.1 setup, NHT IW4 in wall speakers for LRC, 2 side surrounds, 2 rear surrounds- BPS215 sub from RA

Last edited by hook13; 01-09-2017 at 06:49 PM.
hook13 is offline  
post #3519 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Member
 
dsv4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggShooter View Post

2) How is the best way to measure "degrees" when setting up the speakers for each position (fronts / sides/ rears).

Thanks for the replies.
The easiest way to get the dolby 22-30 degrees is:
1. Measure distance from MLP to front of center speaker (b)
2. Measure distance from center distance of Center speaker to left or right speaker center, (a)
3. Enter figure in triangle b & a.
4. Hit calculate. (A) is your measurement angle for Dolby 22-30 degrees.
5. Move speaker to achieve correct angle, duplicate other side.

http://www.cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/calrtri.htm
BiggShooter and Madmax67 like this.
dsv4 is offline  
post #3520 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,039
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22034 Post(s)
Liked: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook13 View Post
Time for an upgrade, maybe. I have a 2809CI that has served me well. Tried to run a 3d bluray and realized it won't pass through. Thinking about upgrading, what current model is comparable, and is it worth upgrading, or should I just hook up a HDMI splitter? I'm running a 7.1 setup, NHT IW4 in wall speakers for LRC, 2 side surrounds, 2 rear surrounds- BPS215 sub from RA
An average HDMI splitter is limited to the common denominator of the two displays, so won't resolve the issue (although a higher priced one might) although another option is a dual HDMI BDP passing the 3D video to the TV and the HD audio only to the AVR.

Although the current successor to the 2809CI is the X4300H, the 2809CI only uses Audyssey MultEQ XT which is found on the lower "X" series models (ie. X1300W and X2300W) while the X4300H and X3300W both use the much more advanced MultEQ XT32. So what you replace it with will depend on your other feature/input/output requirements as well as budget of course.
RockinRay likes this.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #3521 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,039
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22034 Post(s)
Liked: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggShooter View Post
I'm in the process of setting up my Denon AVR-X4300H and 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker system (Definitive Technology speakers). I have two questions I'm hoping to get answered.

1) My right / left surround are not exactly the same distance from the listening position (off by less than 24 inches - left surround closer to listening position). Should they be exactly the same distance, or when I run Audyssey will that correct the offset. I just don't want an incorrect surround sound experience

2) How is the best way to measure "degrees" when setting up the speakers for each position (fronts / sides/ rears).

Thanks for the replies.

1. After running Audyssey, all speakers will be set to provide the same volume at the main listening position so an off distance speaker shouldn't be an issue.
2. Although using a protractor (app or physical) can get the job done more effectively, not really necessary. In many cases the FL/FR speakers are placed per the WAF or physical room setup which is more often than not, closer to the TV than actual seating distance so not really possible to form an equilateral triangle. Ideally, the side speakers go to the side (easy enough). And ideally, the rear speakers go directly behind you about 4-6' with about the same distance of separation. However, as these positions are also often relegated by the WAF/physical room setup, place them where possible and let the AVR handle the proper speaker volume calibration.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #3522 of 17076 Old 01-09-2017, 11:06 PM
Senior Member
 
BiggShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Valley Of The Sun
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsv4 View Post
The easiest way to get the dolby 22-30 degrees is:
1. Measure distance from MLP to front of center speaker (b)
2. Measure distance from center distance of Center speaker to left or right speaker center, (a)
3. Enter figure in triangle b & a.
4. Hit calculate. (A) is your measurement angle for Dolby 22-30 degrees.
5. Move speaker to achieve correct angle, duplicate other side.

http://www.cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/calrtri.htm
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. After running Audyssey, all speakers will be set to provide the same volume at the main listening position so an off distance speaker shouldn't be an issue.
2. Although using a protractor (app or physical) can get the job done more effectively, not really necessary. In many cases the FL/FR speakers are placed per the WAF or physical room setup which is more often than not, closer to the TV than actual seating distance so not really possible to form an equilateral triangle. Ideally, the side speakers go to the side (easy enough). And ideally, the rear speakers go directly behind you about 4-6' with about the same distance of separation. However, as these positions are also often relegated by the WAF/physical room setup, place them where possible and let the AVR handle the proper speaker volume calibration.
Thanks JD for the information. I was actually going to post another question regarding the rear surround speaker placement but now I don't have to as your reply answered my question.
BiggShooter is offline  
post #3523 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
CCSchoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I have an audio out question for my Samsung JS9000 TV / Denon 6300H AVR. I just installed a new AVR, Denon 6300H and am in the process of setting things up.

Connected to my TV One Connect box I have a USB drive hooked up w/ some movies / music on it. When I play those music files and send audio from my TV to the AVR, the sound isn't nearly as loud as it should be.

When I compare a song on my USB drive going to the Denon to the same song I play via a CD to a different inputt on the Denon, the sounds isn't even comparable. I've quadruple checked my AVR Audio settings on the various inputs and they're identical. I looked on the AVR and the signal being received is a PCM signal from both the TV and the DVD player.

To troubleshoot, I hooekd the USB directly up to the AVR and it sounds great. I then took the USB and hooked it up to my Oppo Blu Ray and sent to the AVR, and it sounds great...

SO to me it's one of a couple things.

1. Audio sent from TV to the AVR just won't sound as good (I don't think that's the case, because when I had this setup w/ my Onkyo AVR, it sounded fine).

2. I am missing something in either the AVR input or the TV output..but I don't see what I could be missing. I went into my audio settings on the TV and I don't see anything to change that would improve the audio out quality.

Any ideas?

Last edited by CCSchoch; 01-10-2017 at 07:28 AM.
CCSchoch is offline  
post #3524 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
CCSchoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 37
HDMI Arc question regarding Denon 6300 AVR. I didn't utilize ARC when I had my Onkyo AVR because I read people were having issues with it so I just used and Optical audio cable. I have never used ARC and TBH not really sure what it would do for my setup.

Right now I have my TV audio out via an optical cable into my Denon 6300H AVR. I set up "TV Audio" Input on my AVR to receive the Opt2 from the TV . So when I want to stream movies on Netflix / Amazon through my TV Apps, I select "TV Audio" on my AVR and get the audio that way.

Would hooking up the ARC HDMI from my AVR to the ARC HDMI on my TV allow when I stream from the TV Apps to receive that Audio from the TV via the HDMI ARC? I "THINK" that's what it's designed for, but what I don't understand yet (sorry, haven't gotten through the 300+ page manual) is what do I set my AVR on to receive that audio since it's not really an input on the AVR, it's the Monitor ARC.

OR is this completely way off base and that's not what it's designed for at all?

Thanks for any help!!!
CCSchoch is offline  
post #3525 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: College Station, Texas
Posts: 2,070
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyReets View Post
I haven't tried that actually but will do so tonight. I didn't have this problem with my Denon 2310-CI though and it's plugged into the same thing as it was. It's a Panamax M8-AV-Pro. While that's not a super high end power unit it is made for home theater and shouldn't have these issues. I'll check tonight and report back. Thanks for the post! Much appreciated.
No problem, considering that multiple people have had a similar issue with that model a grounding issue is unlikely and less so if your running your power through something like a Panamax. It most likely would have happend with your prior AVR. I just know that at least in some cases a grounding issue can cause a buzzing or humming sound.
liffie420 is offline  
post #3526 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: College Station, Texas
Posts: 2,070
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Finally taking delivery of my X2300

So I finally bit the bullet and bought my Denon X2300 AVR as Bestbuy on Friday. It's getting shipped to store and should be here Thursday. Then probably Saturday I will be running all my wiring to my 5.2 surround sound and run through all the set up with Audyssey. How long does the Audyssey usually take? (I will go back and read through the Audyssey FAQ thread) But I am happy to finally have my surround set up.
liffie420 is offline  
post #3527 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by liffie420 View Post
How long does the Audyssey usually take?
Not long. Once you have everything wired and the mic in the first position, usually about 15-20 minutes.
Man_Hands is offline  
post #3528 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
FuzzyReets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by liffie420 View Post
No problem, considering that multiple people have had a similar issue with that model a grounding issue is unlikely and less so if your running your power through something like a Panamax. It most likely would have happend with your prior AVR. I just know that at least in some cases a grounding issue can cause a buzzing or humming sound.


Thanks for the reply. Are you saying others have had that issue with this model receiver or TV? I'd really like to know this as I'm somewhat concerned that this problem is going to bite me in the butt further up the line although there are no more plasmas in my future.

I tried another plasma I have at home and it did the same thing but much less so than the Samsung plasma.

I did an exchange with Amazon for a new unit. Comes in today.

Looking forward to your reply from my question above. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon x2300w
PS4 Pro
Sony UBP-X800
Apple TV4k
LG OLED65B6p
FuzzyReets is offline  
post #3529 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Member
 
hook13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
An average HDMI splitter is limited to the common denominator of the two displays, so won't resolve the issue (although a higher priced one might) although another option is a dual HDMI BDP passing the 3D video to the TV and the HD audio only to the AVR.

Although the current successor to the 2809CI is the X4300H, the 2809CI only uses Audyssey MultEQ XT which is found on the lower "X" series models (ie. X1300W and X2300W) while the X4300H and X3300W both use the much more advanced MultEQ XT32. So what you replace it with will depend on your other feature/input/output requirements as well as budget of course.


Thanks for the feedback, had considered a new BDP, although would prefer to run off my xbox one....equip is running to an Epson projector the X3300W is in my price range and what I was recently looking at with the latest Fry's deal...., although I'm happy with the 2809. I'm good on inputs, could take or leave the networking features (this room is for movies/tv primarily).....so sounds like the more advanced EQ might be the main benefit? Definitely don't want to spend the cash and not notice the upgrade (or worse, not like it as well) Thanks again-
hook13 is offline  
post #3530 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: College Station, Texas
Posts: 2,070
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyReets View Post
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying others have had that issue with this model receiver or TV? I'd really like to know this as I'm somewhat concerned that this problem is going to bite me in the butt further up the line although there are no more plasmas in my future.

I tried another plasma I have at home and it did the same thing but much less so than the Samsung plasma.

I did an exchange with Amazon for a new unit. Comes in today.

Looking forward to your reply from my question above. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I was thinking you were using a different AVR, there has been some buzzing from I think the Denon X4300 or X6300. Being that you have tried a coupe of different plasmas there seems to be something else going on. I assume you have also swapped HDI cables and all the other easily swapped connections.
liffie420 is offline  
post #3531 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
FuzzyReets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Oh okay. Yeah I've swapped everything possible. Only buzzes with plasmas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon x2300w
PS4 Pro
Sony UBP-X800
Apple TV4k
LG OLED65B6p
FuzzyReets is offline  
post #3532 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,039
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22034 Post(s)
Liked: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSchoch View Post
I have an audio out question for my Samsung JS9000 TV / Denon 6300H AVR. I just installed a new AVR, Denon 6300H and am in the process of setting things up.

Connected to my TV One Connect box I have a USB drive hooked up w/ some movies / music on it. When I play those music files and send audio from my TV to the AVR, the sound isn't nearly as loud as it should be.

When I compare a song on my USB drive going to the Denon to the same song I play via a CD to a different inputt on the Denon, the sounds isn't even comparable. I've quadruple checked my AVR Audio settings on the various inputs and they're identical. I looked on the AVR and the signal being received is a PCM signal from both the TV and the DVD player.

To troubleshoot, I hooekd the USB directly up to the AVR and it sounds great. I then took the USB and hooked it up to my Oppo Blu Ray and sent to the AVR, and it sounds great...

SO to me it's one of a couple things.

1. Audio sent from TV to the AVR just won't sound as good (I don't think that's the case, because when I had this setup w/ my Onkyo AVR, it sounded fine).

2. I am missing something in either the AVR input or the TV output..but I don't see what I could be missing. I went into my audio settings on the TV and I don't see anything to change that would improve the audio out quality.

Any ideas?
Raise the volume of the TV Audio input to suit your preference. You can also use the Source Level setting (p. 206 Owner's manual) to normalize the volume to be closer to the level of the other sources at the same master volume level.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSchoch View Post
HDMI Arc question regarding Denon 6300 AVR. I didn't utilize ARC when I had my Onkyo AVR because I read people were having issues with it so I just used and Optical audio cable. I have never used ARC and TBH not really sure what it would do for my setup.

Right now I have my TV audio out via an optical cable into my Denon 6300H AVR. I set up "TV Audio" Input on my AVR to receive the Opt2 from the TV . So when I want to stream movies on Netflix / Amazon through my TV Apps, I select "TV Audio" on my AVR and get the audio that way.

Would hooking up the ARC HDMI from my AVR to the ARC HDMI on my TV allow when I stream from the TV Apps to receive that Audio from the TV via the HDMI ARC? I "THINK" that's what it's designed for, but what I don't understand yet (sorry, haven't gotten through the 300+ page manual) is what do I set my AVR on to receive that audio since it's not really an input on the AVR, it's the Monitor ARC.

OR is this completely way off base and that's not what it's designed for at all?

Thanks for any help!!!
Yes, that is the purpose of the HDMI(ARC) feature and you would select the same "TV Audio" source, however, ensure the HDMI Control setting is enabled on the AVR and if you don't want the AVR switching to the TV Audio source every time the AVR is powered ON, the "TV Audio Switching" setting (p. 195 Owner's manual) must be set to OFF.
Milenkod likes this.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #3533 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
CCSchoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Raise the volume of the TV Audio input to suit your preference.

You can also use the Source Level setting (p. 206 Owner's manual) to normalize the volume to be closer to the level of the other sources at the same master volume level.
Thanks JD, will look at these.

Is raising the volume of that input not the same as Source Level Setting?

I didn't think to look and raise any source level because I know I haven't touched any of the that yet on any source / input so I was confused on why such a big difference in sound between the 2 (3 really once I hooked it up to the BR player).
CCSchoch is offline  
post #3534 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 01:06 PM
Member
 
skrowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Zone 2 sounds iffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags44 View Post
JDSmoothie:

In further testing, regarding #3 , I have noticed the following:

If I do not have zone 2 or 3 turned on when I turn on Zone 1, I have no issues - everything passes through HDMI correctly. However, if I have zone 2 on in the background (as we frequently do, listening to music somewhere else in the house) and THEN turn on Zone 1, I always have an issue - and have to manually turn off the 4300H and turn it back on again to allow it to "connect" - leaving zone 2 on all the while I am doing this.

Does this make sense? I can't understand how, leaving Zone 2 on, causes a problem for Zone 1 at startup?
I'm planning my build out and have decided on the X3300 receiver, but had some concerns about zone 2. Basically I'd like to have a TV set up outside my theater room that would display the same content as was playing in the theater. 2.0 is fine, and I could set up a sound bar on that TV if I needed to, but I don't want my 7.2 sound in my theater to be degraded to 2.0 whenever zone 2 is active. Is that possible? If not, should I split the HDMI prior to input into my receiver?

Last edited by skrowl; 01-10-2017 at 02:04 PM.
skrowl is offline  
post #3535 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,039
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22034 Post(s)
Liked: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSchoch View Post
Thanks JD, will look at these.

Is raising the volume of that input not the same as Source Level Setting?

I didn't think to look and raise any source level because I know I haven't touched any of the that yet on any source / input so I was confused on why such a big difference in sound between the 2 (3 really once I hooked it up to the BR player).
1. Yes, using Source Level is no different than simply raising the master volume, however, is a way to level out the source volume to it is similar to other sources at the same master volume level.
2. Different sources may have different input volume levels.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #3536 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: College Station, Texas
Posts: 2,070
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyReets View Post
Oh okay. Yeah I've swapped everything possible. Only buzzes with plasmas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm thats an odd one, I had an Insignia Plasma and never had that problem. Granted I was just using a soundbar connected via optical audio so its not really a good comparison.
liffie420 is offline  
post #3537 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
FuzzyReets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Yeah it's very weird to say the least. Really screwing up my upgrade timeline!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon x2300w
PS4 Pro
Sony UBP-X800
Apple TV4k
LG OLED65B6p
FuzzyReets is offline  
post #3538 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Member
 
dsv4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggShooter View Post
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!
You are welcome. This will also work for your ceiling Atmos from MLP.
Same principle just different input on triangle.

Last edited by dsv4; 01-10-2017 at 02:33 PM.
dsv4 is offline  
post #3539 of 17076 Old 01-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all

I am thinking of getting the X4300H for my new house build, but unfortunately there is nowhere near that I can have a play with it before buying. Sorry I haven't read through the 118 page thread, so apologies if this has been covered!

I want to know if I can achieve what I want.

The receiver will be in the study, about 20m from the the home theater.

I want to be able:

1 - play back video files from an HTPC attached to NAS. I assume I can connect the HTPC to the receiver via HDMI and the video (inc 4K and 3D) will be passed to the TV and the sound decoded and sent to the speakers.

2 - play back music files from NAS directly. I believe there is a LAN-in connection to allow this.

3 - make use of mutliroom audio. ie play video with 5.1 sound in theater, and then play different music in zone 2 and zone 3 (all three wired connections). Or play music in all three zones together, but with individual volume controls.

Are all 3 scenarios possible with this device? What got me so interested in the product is that it seems to do the job of 1 receiver and 2 Sonos CONNECT:AMP.

I have heard the wifi app is horrible to use. Will this improve with time or is Denon app updates slow to occur? Would it be best to install an IR repeater to control the system from the theater?

I have heard the Heos app is better. Can I use this app to play different music at different volume in my 3 wired zones from NAS or does this app only play internet streaming music to wifi enabled HEOS speakers?

Thanks for helping me out here. The manual doesn't seem to address all of these issues!
drj55 is offline  
post #3540 of 17076 Old 01-11-2017, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,039
Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22034 Post(s)
Liked: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by drj55 View Post
Hi all

I am thinking of getting the X4300H for my new house build, but unfortunately there is nowhere near that I can have a play with it before buying. Sorry I haven't read through the 118 page thread, so apologies if this has been covered!

I want to know if I can achieve what I want.

The receiver will be in the study, about 20m from the the home theater.

I want to be able:

1 - play back video files from an HTPC attached to NAS. I assume I can connect the HTPC to the receiver via HDMI and the video (inc 4K and 3D) will be passed to the TV and the sound decoded and sent to the speakers.

2 - play back music files from NAS directly. I believe there is a LAN-in connection to allow this.

3 - make use of mutliroom audio. ie play video with 5.1 sound in theater, and then play different music in zone 2 and zone 3 (all three wired connections). Or play music in all three zones together, but with individual volume controls.

Are all 3 scenarios possible with this device? What got me so interested in the product is that it seems to do the job of 1 receiver and 2 Sonos CONNECT:AMP.

I have heard the wifi app is horrible to use. Will this improve with time or is Denon app updates slow to occur? Would it be best to install an IR repeater to control the system from the theater?

I have heard the Heos app is better. Can I use this app to play different music at different volume in my 3 wired zones from NAS or does this app only play internet streaming music to wifi enabled HEOS speakers?

Thanks for helping me out here. The manual doesn't seem to address all of these issues!
1. Yes.
2. No, as the LAN/RJ-45 jack is to connect to a router/modem only.
3. Yes. However, Zone 2 is limited to PCM 2.0 (HDMI, digital, analog) and Zone 3 is limited to PCM 2.0 (non-HDMI) so in other words, when passing a DD/DTS 5.1 signal to the main zone, it will not pass to either Zones 2/3 unless it is first down mixed to PCM 2.0 (ie. by also connecting an analog or digital audio cable from the source in addition to the HDMI cable for the main zone audio).
4. The 2016 Remote app is constantly being improved and getting updates.
5. Yes. HEOS app can stream sources to the AVR as well as to HEOS speakers.
jdsmoothie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off