The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 138 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281256Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4111 of 17339 Old 02-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Member
 
cscoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I have a AVR-S920W coming tomorrow, I'm both excited and nervous at the same time. I currently have a 15 year old RX-V1200 which believe it or not sounds amazing. It's only 80 watts per channel but it weighs 33 pounds and hits like a freight train. I previously had a RX-V667 but it died in a freak leaking window accident. When I had the 667 it didn't sound nearly as good as the 1200. I'm hoping the Denon can drive my B&W 803's (old style, not like current) well enough.

Current setup:

TV - Samsung 63" 1080p Plasma - PN63B550 (want to go 4k OLED with this)
L/R - B&W Matrix 803 Series 2
C - B&W Matrix HTM
RS/LS - Polk LS/FX
Sub - None, the 803's can shake the house quite well.

I'm considering other improvements I can make to bring the system more up to date. Most of the speakers date back to the late 90's when I sold high end audio gear and could get things for cost.

One thing that's always bothered me is not having the matching rears, but at the time I couldn't justify the cost. The Polks are ok but would love to find something better that is better timbre matched.

AVR-S940H | AVR-S920W | B&W Matrix 803 L/R | B&W Matrix HTM center | Fluance Signature Series surrounds | LG 65" OLED65B6P | Samsung 82" Q6FN QLED | 2x Nvidia Shield | HDHomeRun Prime

Last edited by cscoppa; 02-05-2017 at 03:05 PM.
cscoppa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4112 of 17339 Old 02-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Newbie
 
next365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
Page 147 of your Owner's Manual has a couple of suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
Here is a clip from the PDF X3300 manual.
Thanks, I don't know why are page numbers are different, but I did review that page. This page shows making other non-HDMI connections to Zone 2, but that is not an option for me. I only have HDMI throughout the house. Also, I don't have an AVR by all the TVs in "zone 2" so that doesn't apply to me either.
next365 is offline  
post #4113 of 17339 Old 02-02-2017, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dan in St. Louis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
Posts: 1,016
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by next365 View Post
Thanks, I don't know why are page numbers are different, but I did review that page. This page shows making other non-HDMI connections to Zone 2, but that is not an option for me. I only have HDMI throughout the house. Also, I don't have an AVR by all the TVs in "zone 2" so that doesn't apply to me either.
What matters is not the connections you DON'T have, but the connections that you DO. It also doesn't matter what room they are in, just what the Zone configuration is. The message is clear:

"... set 'HDMI audio' to 'PCM' ... In this case the MAIN ZONE audio will also be converted..."

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
Dan in St. Louis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4114 of 17339 Old 02-02-2017, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSchoch View Post
I have the 6300H (1 month old and still playing around with the sound). Last night while playing a 5.1 DVD Audio Disc I ventured into the AVR's Audio Setup menu.

In the Audio / Subwoofer Level ADjustment menu, it was defaulted to OFF. For kicks, I turned it on but the level Adj was at -0- dB so i wasn't expecting any change in Sub Output until I played around w/ raising or lowering the dB level. NOPE, as soon as I turned it ON, there was a noticeable difference in sub output.

For the 1 DVD I was listening to, I kind of liked the additional output. But I am not sure by me leaving this on, what all would this affect. Would it affect all inputs, or just the input I was listening to, or just the sound type (Dolby Digital output).

I am still learning when I make an adjustment, is it only for that "Input" or Sound Type (DD, DTS) Etc Etc.

Also, while on the subject of adjusting audio, in the surround parameters, do people generally turn on Cinema EQ? I've watched Blurays with it on and off, can't tell a difference...just curious if others use it or not?


Thanks for any help!!!
There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread. Information on the Subwoofer Level Adjust setting and why "NOT" to use it is listed in post 4.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #4115 of 17339 Old 02-02-2017, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by liffie420 View Post
JD I have a question, bet you never heard that one before lol. I know they have a little power usage bar on the GUI whenever you hit info or adjust the volume etc. Is that a decent very general indicator of how hard your actually pushing the AVR itself exclusive of where the volume may be set? Like I know you shouldn't go above refrence level because you could damage your speakers or over heat the AVR but I am just curious how much of the "potential" I am actually using.
No clue, not something I've ever paid any attention to.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #4116 of 17339 Old 02-02-2017, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
timc1475's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois USA
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by abit late View Post
timc1475 - the noise is less audible when you turn Dynamic EQ off, but the digital noise level is a lot higher than it should be in this AVR. The more owners that report this issue to D+M, the better. Are you bi-amping the front speakers on your X6300H?
Thanks for the reply. Yes I forwarded my prior post regarding the "hum" to Denon 2 x now.

The Dynamic EQ does enhance the "humming". I shut it off and the hum was lessened by 25% approx. = some winning! Yay! Although a AVR at this price point should have much better errant hum / noise isolators. IMO Hopefully it is software and can be rectified via updates...

So ty for reminding me for that as I read it on other posts. I shut it off on all sources.

No I am not bi-amping and am not sure how to do that anyway or the benefits, even though my 2 monster Definitive BP7001SC fronts (Oh Behave!) have 4 red and black inputs and I have a 2nd amp in the mix already running the Auromatic VOG which I actually really really like! lol

The Auromatic lessens the "humming" also btw. It is further lessened by choosing stereo instead of 7ch in the sound options on my PC as aforementioned.

I believe with these current crop of "Smart" TV's on the market with their purposed extremely limited Internet capabilities & low available speeds compared to ones PC it is a must have to connect your big screen to a decent PC via HDMI to kick it big time. IMO

Despite the noticeable HUM annoyance I really love this AVR, especially if TPTB can tweak the HUM down some more somehow someway...


It kills me down though that I really want a 13ch & 13 amp AVR to activate the 2 SRB channels + 1 HC for Auromatic as denoted in the below pic. Alas the next Denon AVR will prolly do this but my coins went south on the 6300H. Auro 3D is awesome but limited by current AVR's. If I could get a 13.1 Auro config cookin that works with the other 2 DSU's with the VOG from the standard 2nd sub output then that would be the ultimate DSU IMO.

In the Auo 3D thread we all suspect Denons next flagship will be 13ch self powered & other brands as well soon enough. Why? Because TPTB want our coins and give a little at a time darn them!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Auro 13.1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1940721  

Last edited by timc1475; 02-02-2017 at 09:53 PM.
timc1475 is offline  
post #4117 of 17339 Old 02-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Newbie
 
next365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
What matters is not the connections you DON'T have, but the connections that you DO. It also doesn't matter what room they are in, just what the Zone configuration is. The message is clear:

"... set 'HDMI audio' to 'PCM' ... In this case the MAIN ZONE audio will also be converted..."
Actually, the set-up I have should be on your page 146 where it shows the HDMI zone 2 going to a TV.
The notes states:
"When a TV is connected to the HDMI ZONE2 OUT connector, and the MAIN
ZONE and ZONE2 are set to the same input source, the MAIN ZONE audio may
be mixed down to 2-channel audio
."

The note says "may" be mixed down. My question is when will Main NOT be mixed down, because that is the configuration I need.

I warned you I was a little slow
next365 is offline  
post #4118 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by next365 View Post
Actually, the set-up I have should be on your page 146 where it shows the HDMI zone 2 going to a TV.
The notes states:
"When a TV is connected to the HDMI ZONE2 OUT connector, and the MAIN
ZONE and ZONE2 are set to the same input source, the MAIN ZONE audio may
be mixed down to 2-channel audio
."

The note says "may" be mixed down. My question is when will Main NOT be mixed down, because that is the configuration I need.

I warned you I was a little slow
It won't be down mixed if the HDMI sink (either another AVR or TV connected to the Zone 2 HDMI output) is able to receive multi channel audio.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #4119 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
CCSchoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread. Information on the Subwoofer Level Adjust setting and why "NOT" to use it is listed in post 4.
Thanks, just read the SLA section. Makes perfect sense and was wondering if that was what was happening. Don't understand why it's even there though, if you want to override the Sub level set by Audyssey for certain inputs, you can do so already in the Options / Channel Level Adjustment.

Thanks for the point to the beginning of this massive thread!!!
CCSchoch is offline  
post #4120 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 AM
Newbie
 
next365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
It won't be down mixed if the HDMI sink (either another AVR or TV connected to the Zone 2 HDMI output) is able to receive multi channel audio.
Ok, so it looks like with zone 2 connected to a TV that doesn't do multi-channel pass-through, the Main HDMI output will always be 2 channel audio, and there is no way around that. -Thanks all
next365 is offline  
post #4121 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Senior Member
 
RockinRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The land of high taxes!
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
With Dynamic EQ = ON, and at reference volume, yes, I too can hear it, however, I don't listen that loud, so again ... not an issue for me personally (nor likely for the vast majority) and therefore no reason to replace my AVR.


I just spoke with Denon support about this issue. I was told that this AVR is underpowered to run my Def Tech 9080 speakers?

Prior to the Denon I had a Pioneer Elite that did not have this issue at high volumes.

I think they blew me off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RockinRay is offline  
post #4122 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Attached is a pic of my X3300W when the Video fails when using any of the internet related sources on the AVR. Anyone else have this issue ? Other video source's (non network related) work just fine when this happens (DVD, Tuner CD)

I can clear it up by doing a network reset. But it is occurring almost every day. Only have about 10 more days to take it back for full refund.

Anyone else have this issue ? Help needed before I return it to BB.

Thanks Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_dscf0002.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	1942089   Click image for larger version

Name:	X3300W.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	1945073  

Denon AVR-X3300W, Samsung 65 inch UHD TV UN65JS8500, Samsung UHD Blu Ray UBD-K8500, Def Tech Sub, Klipsch RF-3 RC-3 RS-3 Spkrs, Audioquest Pearl cables, PanaMax M4300 PM

Last edited by tommoran2; 02-05-2017 at 06:42 AM.
tommoran2 is offline  
post #4123 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 14,833
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4815 Post(s)
Liked: 2850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRay View Post
I just spoke with Denon support about this issue. I was told that this AVR is underpowered to run my Def Tech 9080 speakers?

Prior to the Denon I had a Pioneer Elite that did not have this issue at high volumes.

I think they blew me off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to one review ( hopefully the right one; see http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...iew-test-bench ) although they're reasonably efficient, those speakers have a minimum impedance of about 5 Ohms. That's rather low. The review doesn't show a plot of how extensive that dip is, but I fear that it is likely to limit the maximum output sound level that the receiver can provide without shutting itself down in protection mode. You might need to offload some of the speakers from the receiver by using an external amp which is rated as being stable when driving 4 Ohm loads.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #4124 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I am hoping someone may be able to assist me with a strange issue with my X3300W please, I could really do with some insight. I just received an Oppo UDP-203 today, I have connected it through my Denon X3300w to a Samsung UE55HU8500T. The Home Screen on the player is in 4K, then playing standard BluRay with upscaling from the player it is 4K, but if I put in a UHD Blu Ray and no matter what I try it will only output 1080p from the X3300. Am I missing something really silly here, any ideas please? If I plug the player directly in to the TV then I get 4K from UHDBD no problem at all, but it seems very strange that the X3300 will pass through a 4k signal no problem with the other two scenarios. I have IP scaling disabled on the HDMI input, if you need any more setting information I will be happy to provide if you have any ideas. Many Thanks.
Dave Palmer is offline  
post #4125 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
Opentoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have a X6200 and it has Bluetooth. Is there a way I can pair a headset with this and listen to the audio? Id not, what's the Bluetooth for?

Also, I ran audessy once and it sounded great. Awesome actually. Then I added a new subwoofer and did the Audessy again, but it seem this second time the volume is lower at a certain number, like 60. If I were to listen to the volume at 60 with the original Audessy setup it would be shaking my house. After the second Audessy putting it on 60 doesn't shake the house as much. Any ideas about that?

One more thing, the last two listening positions on Audessy are being blocked by my main chair I sit in. Should I keep the mic behind the chair or move the mic to a point outside that area where the receiver is in line of sight??

Thanks!
Opentoe is offline  
post #4126 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
I have a X6200 and it has Bluetooth. Is there a way I can pair a headset with this and listen to the audio? Id not, what's the Bluetooth for?

Also, I ran audessy once and it sounded great. Awesome actually. Then I added a new subwoofer and did the Audessy again, but it seem this second time the volume is lower at a certain number, like 60. If I were to listen to the volume at 60 with the original Audessy setup it would be shaking my house. After the second Audessy putting it on 60 doesn't shake the house as much. Any ideas about that?

One more thing, the last two listening positions on Audessy are being blocked by my main chair I sit in. Should I keep the mic behind the chair or move the mic to a point outside that area where the receiver is in line of sight??

Thanks!
1. Use Bluetooth to stream audio to the AVR.
2. If the Sub level isn't loud enough for you, simply use the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer to bump up the sub level +5db or so.
3. The mic should always be at least 2-3" above the back of your couch/chair and at least 2' from the back wall if the couch/chair is against the back wall. The mic should have line of sight to the speakers not the AVR.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #4127 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRay View Post
I just spoke with Denon support about this issue. I was told that this AVR is underpowered to run my Def Tech 9080 speakers?

Prior to the Denon I had a Pioneer Elite that did not have this issue at high volumes.

I think they blew me off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are relatively efficient speakers and if you have a dedicated sub with these speakers set to SMALL/80Hz, the AVR should provide plenty of power. If not using a dedicated sub and you're not raising the master volume level above 80/0db, and there is no distortion from the speakers, then again, ... the AVR is providing enough power.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #4128 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommoran2 View Post
Attached is a pic of my X3300W when the Video fails when using any of the internet related sources on the AVR. Anyone else have this issue ? Other video source's (non network related) work just fine when this happens (DVD, Tuner CD)

I can clear it up by doing a network reset. But it is occurring almost every day. Only have about 10 more days to take it back for full refund.

Anyone else have this issue ? Help needed before I return it to BB.

Thanks Tom
A green screen can mean a defective HDMI cable (although you say no issues with other sources) so try replacing the HDMI cable from the AVR --> TV.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #4129 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 08:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,260
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Question for JD smoothie, doe the new x3300 have the 2ch custom setting like my x4200 had? Or is that feature still reserved for x4300 and up?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nohcho is offline  
post #4130 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohcho View Post
Question for JD smoothie, doe the new x3300 have the 2ch custom setting like my x4200 had? Or is that feature still reserved for x4300 and up?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nope. X4300H and X6300H only
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #4131 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 08:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,260
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Nope. X4300H and X6300H only


Thanks JD!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nohcho is offline  
post #4132 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello to all, and wish you a great evening.

Have a quick question; anybody has a S510BT and tried to connect an external equalizer to it?
Or anybody can direct me to the right direction?

Having trouble with mine.
Tried the "Pre Out-Subwoofer" rca, with no luck.

Thanks for looking.
John Smith 6 is offline  
post #4133 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Member
 
cscoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 36
So the AVR-S920W showed up today, spent most of the day setting it up, calibrating and just exploring / testing. I have to say I'm REALLY impressed with how good it sounds. I was worried that it wouldn't be able to drive the B&W Matrix 803's but it's actually making them sound like I added a sub even though I run without one.

The only strange issue I'm having is Audyssey doesn't seem to "like" my right surround. Sometimes when it tests it, it repeats the test tone at a louder volume, and when I look at the final EQ curves, it's pushing the high frequencies up WAY higher than the left surround. I've tested and the tweeter is definitely healthy, and the position is similar on both sides. They are switchable bipole / dipole speakers, they are to the sides and slightly back, and I have them in dipole mode.

AVR-S940H | AVR-S920W | B&W Matrix 803 L/R | B&W Matrix HTM center | Fluance Signature Series surrounds | LG 65" OLED65B6P | Samsung 82" Q6FN QLED | 2x Nvidia Shield | HDHomeRun Prime
cscoppa is offline  
post #4134 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Senior Member
 
RockinRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The land of high taxes!
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
These are relatively efficient speakers and if you have a dedicated sub with these speakers set to SMALL/80Hz, the AVR should provide plenty of power. If not using a dedicated sub and you're not raising the master volume level above 80/0db, and there is no distortion from the speakers, then again, ... the AVR is providing enough power.


Thanks! I'm using the subs in the 9080 towers with no separate sub. Really not needed.

I'm going to exchange this unit for a Marantz 7100 tomorrow. I've read they do not have this issue.

The Magnolia sales rep that I deal with came by my house today and agreed this was not acceptable.

I really like this unit and today if the Denon rep would have said they are aware of the issue and a firmware update will come to fix it I would have been fine with that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RockinRay is offline  
post #4135 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Guys I bought a refurbished X1200w. Last week I used with success the mic with Audyssey. I tried today many times to do exactly the same but the AVR doesn't hear my first speaker and stop. I can hear it, it sounds like the last week end. I tried a movie, no problem. I connected the mic to my PC and Windows can hear the noise I did (3 bars level). What do you think I should do? Thanks!

Last edited by Fablog93; 02-03-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Fablog93 is offline  
post #4136 of 17339 Old 02-03-2017, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,338
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRay View Post
Thanks! I'm using the subs in the 9080 towers with no separate sub. Really not needed.

I'm going to exchange this unit for a Marantz 7100 tomorrow. I've read they do not have this issue.

The Magnolia sales rep that I deal with came by my house today and agreed this was not acceptable.

I really like this unit and today if the Denon rep would have said they are aware of the issue and a firmware update will come to fix it I would have been fine with that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the issue with several X7200WAs; Denon ultimately refunded my purchase price. I replaced my X7200WA with a Marantz SR7010 and can confirm that the Marantz SR7010 doesn't have the issue. Also, my contact at Denon told me that he was able to duplicate the issue on the X6300H so I know Denon is aware of the problem and I expect a fix to eventually be released.
Schwa is offline  
post #4137 of 17339 Old 02-04-2017, 01:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,001
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2249 Post(s)
Liked: 2546
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscoppa View Post
The only strange issue I'm having is Audyssey doesn't seem to "like" my right surround. Sometimes when it tests it, it repeats the test tone at a louder volume, and when I look at the final EQ curves, it's pushing the high frequencies up WAY higher than the left surround. I've tested and the tweeter is definitely healthy, and the position is similar on both sides. They are switchable bipole / dipole speakers, they are to the sides and slightly back, and I have them in dipole mode.
That EQ curve is only a very rough estimation of the Audyssey EQ settings. I'd try switching the surrounds to bipole and rerun Audyssey. Dipoles run out of phase and create a null at the center point of the speaker. Bipole setting is actually the preferred method for dispersing the effects channels in the newer audio codecs. Full disclosure: I've had Dipole/Bipole side surrounds in the past as well.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #4138 of 17339 Old 02-04-2017, 02:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
Opentoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. Use Bluetooth to stream audio to the AVR.
2. If the Sub level isn't loud enough for you, simply use the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer to bump up the sub level +5db or so.
3. The mic should always be at least 2-3" above the back of your couch/chair and at least 2' from the back wall if the couch/chair is against the back wall. The mic should have line of sight to the speakers not the AVR.
Thanks, I re-reun audessy with the mic above the couch/chair next time and I guess will need to use wires to listen to audio from the receiver at late night.
Opentoe is offline  
post #4139 of 17339 Old 02-04-2017, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
Thanks, I re-reun audessy with the mic above the couch/chair next time and I guess will need to use wires to listen to audio from the receiver at late night.

You also have the option of connecting a Bluetooth transmitter (see one example below) to the Zone 2 pre-outs to stream to Bluetooth headphones.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...6202735&sr=1-2
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #4140 of 17339 Old 02-04-2017, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fablog93 View Post
Guys I bought a refurbished X1200w. Last week I used with success the mic with Audyssey. I tried today many times to do exactly the same but the AVR doesn't hear my first speaker and stop. I can hear it, it sounds like the last week end. I tried a movie, no problem. I connected the mic to my PC and Windows can hear the noise I did (3 bars level). What do you think I should do? Thanks!
Ensure the mic is securely connected to the AVR and also check the mic cable line to ensure there are no breaks in the wire, otherwise, you can purchase another mic (ACM1HB) directly from Denon or on eBay for about $25.
jdsmoothie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off