The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 165 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281431Likes

post #4921 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 644
Alot of folks use AVR Remote instead. Getting X4300 today, so I'll be trying it.

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4922 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The source audio must be PCM 2.0 and the Zone 2 Setup - HDMI Audio must be set to "PCM" (p. 220 Owner's manual).
Thank you. That's what I thought, too; but he keeps telling me that gets sound from the Speaker posts but not the Preamp output. I may have to drive out to the client's house and see what he is doing.

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
post #4923 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 799 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23655 Post(s)
Liked: 13021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
Thank you. That's what I thought, too; but he keeps telling me that gets sound from the Speaker posts but not the Preamp output. I may have to drive out to the client's house and see what he is doing.
Ensure the client has the Zone 2 amp set to at least 80% of maximum volume. Also another check would be whether an AM/FM signal will pass to Zone 2. If yes, then it's most likely a Roku setting issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4924 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milenkod View Post
Official Denon iOS AVR Remote App - Its Garbage...Please Help

Does anyone have any luck with the Denon iOS app? It's very hit-or-miss...more miss than anything else. I've deleted and reinstalled it multiple times...used static IPs and manually input them into the app...still tells me no receivers found. Then a day or two later, it decides to work...then again later in the day, it can't find the receiver. It has a mind of its own and almost always doesn't work when I need it to. I'm beginning to think it's not the app but my Denon X3300.

Any clue how to get the app and receiver to work together consistently?
I had these exact same problems with my S720W and the Android app for the past six months or so.

Just recently, the Android app was changed to version 2.0.1 and required the AVR firmware to be upgraded.

Now it works flawlessly and much faster to initially connect.

Perhaps there is an iOS version update coming soon?
post #4925 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
I had these exact same problems with my S720W and the Android app for the past six months or so.

Just recently, the Android app was changed to version 2.0.1 and required the AVR firmware to be upgraded.

Now it works flawlessly and much faster to initially connect.

Perhaps there is an iOS version update coming soon?
as far as I know, 2.0.1 on iOS is the latest version. I don't have multiple networks so that's not it. I'm hardwired to my X3300 with a static address. Like I noted, sometimes the app/receiver play fairly...most often, they don't.
post #4926 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rn865 View Post
Looking at the setup instructions, for Ultra and iOS it mentions using a bluetooth connection as an alternate for setup. Maybe you could try that?https://support.google.com/chromecas..._topic=7215248
CCU working fine on my iPhone, iPad, laptop and TV. So, after you installed on your Android device it was just unplug CC from that device and Plug & Play into your X3300?
post #4927 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-man_man View Post
Good luck with your purchase. I should have bought mine from Crutchfield or Best Buy, bought mine last week at Amazon and they no longer offer refunds on price drops - lesson learned, no more expensive purchases from Amazon.
Damn, that's nonsense. You are within your 30 day return policy, I would tell a customer service agent that you want to return the receiver and then rebuy it at the lower price. Amazon has great customer service, I can't imagine they wouldn't refund the difference. That's $200 bucks, worth the effort.

Regarding Crutchfield if they are priced the same as Amazon I buy through Crutch. They have tremendous tech support if needed, and free returns without question. Plus you build up points on purchased items to redeem towards future purchases.
post #4928 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kematt View Post
Quote:
Looking at the setup instructions, for Ultra and iOS it mentions using a bluetooth connection as an alternate for setup. Maybe you could try that?https://support.google.com/chromecas..._topic=7215248
CCU working fine on my iPhone, iPad, laptop and TV. So, after you installed on your Android device it was just unplug CC from that device and Plug & Play into your X3300?
The CC is plugged in to the receiver for setup and playback . It was never connected directly to the Android tablet. The android tablet communicated with it wirelessly for setup while it was plugged in to the receiver.

See my follow up post about possible wifi issue.
post #4929 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm running a 7.1 setup on a newly purchased X6300H (set it up only a day ago and recently switched from a Pioneer SC-LX76 AVR).
I want the Denon to output sound matching the input (i.e. if the input is playing a DTS 5.1 track I don't want the Denon to expand the sound mode to a 7.1 mode).
I'm currently going through the manual and am looking at pages 142 and beyond (selecting a sound mode) but I'm not quite sure what mode to select here?
Currently when I play content from various (HDMI connected) sources (used 2 different BD players but also content from a KODI install running on an Intel NUC) the info screen on the X6300H is showing all channels/speakers active.
When I set the front display on the X6300H to show the received input instead of the output it's using I see for example 5 channel DTS so that particular input is not doing anything with the original sound track.

cheers

LG 65EF950V (ISF Calibrated) : Pioneer KURO LX5090H : Denon X6300H : Panny UB700 : Pioneer LX55 : Kef R700 : Kef KHT3005SE (5.1) : KODI NUC : Audio Technica ATH-M50 : PS4 Pro (scarcry): Google Pixel XL : Harmony One
Attic: Samsung UE55MU7000
post #4930 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrx View Post
I'm running a 7.1 setup on a newly purchased X6300H (set it up only a day ago and recently switched from a Pioneer SC-LX76 AVR).
I want the Denon to output sound matching the input (i.e. if the input is playing a DTS 5.1 track I don't want the Denon to expand the sound mode to a 7.1 mode).
I'm currently going through the manual and am looking at pages 142 and beyond (selecting a sound mode) but I'm not quite sure what mode to select here?
Currently when I play content from various (HDMI connected) sources (used 2 different BD players but also content from a KODI install running on an Intel NUC) the info screen on the X6300H is showing all channels/speakers active.
When I set the front display on the X6300H to show the received input instead of the output it's using I see for example 5 channel DTS so that particular input is not doing anything with the original sound track.

cheers
Not possible with DTS audio as DTS changed their decoders about 5 years ago such that when 5.1 DTS audio is played on a 7.1 setup, the side surround audio is automatically copied to the rear surrounds. However, with DD 5.1 audio, simply select "Dolby Digital."
post #4931 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Not possible with DTS audio as DTS changed their decoders about 5 years ago such that when 5.1 DTS audio is played on a 7.1 setup, the side surround audio is automatically copied to the rear surrounds. However, with DD 5.1 audio, simply select "Dolby Digital."
Interesting JD and thanks for the quick reply
I take it this also goes for DTS HD-MA tracks ?
I was playing the Omaha beach scene from Saving Private Ryan to give the Denon a little workout and the info also showed all channels active.
How about Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio? Is that a possibility to listen to the original format or have Dolby done a similar thing as DTS audio?

BTW I'm a long time lurker and new to the Denon family but so far already happy I switched to Denon.
Love how simple the input assign is designed and implemented.

LG 65EF950V (ISF Calibrated) : Pioneer KURO LX5090H : Denon X6300H : Panny UB700 : Pioneer LX55 : Kef R700 : Kef KHT3005SE (5.1) : KODI NUC : Audio Technica ATH-M50 : PS4 Pro (scarcry): Google Pixel XL : Harmony One
Attic: Samsung UE55MU7000
post #4932 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2410 Post(s)
Liked: 2674
Quote:
Originally Posted by liffie420 View Post
Like the difference between 1 watt and 100 watts might get you 2 additional DB of perceived volume.
I believe this parts incorrect. Doubling watts starting from 1 would add 21dB to the levels at 128 watts and depending on frequency it takes around 6 to 10 dB to perceive a doubling of the sound levels which would be achieved at around 10 watts from a starting point of 1 watt not 100. "10 times the power for a perceived doubling of sound." Pretty sure that's right.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #4933 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrx View Post
Interesting JD and thanks for the quick reply
I take it this also goes for DTS HD-MA tracks ?
I was playing the Omaha beach scene from Saving Private Ryan to give the Denon a little workout and the info also showed all channels active.
How about Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio? Is that a possibility to listen to the original format or have Dolby done a similar thing as DTS audio?

BTW I'm a long time lurker and new to the Denon family but so far already happy I switched to Denon.
Love how simple the input assign is designed and implemented.
Yup. DD or DD TrueHD .. either one.
razrx likes this.
post #4934 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
I believe this parts incorrect. Doubling watts starting from 1 would add 21dB to the levels at 128 watts and depending on frequency it takes around 6 to 10 dB to perceive a doubling of the sound levels which would be achieved at around 10 watts from a starting point of 1 watt not 100. "10 times the power for a perceived doubling of sound." Pretty sure that's right.
Yup.
post #4935 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2410 Post(s)
Liked: 2674
Quote:
Yup.
Just helping pay my way for all the knowledge dropping you and others do here every day. Back to taking notes now😏.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #4936 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 01:32 PM

Red face

Quote:
Thinking on it some more, it doesn't sound like you have a problem with setup. If you can set it up on the TV you should be able to plug it in to the receiver and it should work with the same settings. Agreed..it should

I notice the Ultra uses 5g only? Mine uses 2.4g and is about 2 feet away from the wifi router behind the equipment cabinet.

Wondering how far away your setup is from your wifi router/access point? Also, 5g is not as good at penetrating walls and other objects. Maybe the AVR itself is shielding it, and using it on the tv gets it more out in the open where it can better see the wifi signal? Router is 1ft over, 2ft down...shouldn't be a problem

If that's the problem, maybe you could use a short HDMI extender cable of some sort to get the CCU positioned better? Or somehow boost your wifi signal by repositioning the router or putting in a wifi repeater/range extender.

Maybe as a test, you could plug it in to the front HDMI port? Tried that...HDMI6, HDMI7 & Front
Quote:
Originally Posted by seggers View Post
I have the Ultra and the 6300. I don't remember the HDMI port number, but we have ours plugged into the Media Player one. We also had the Series 2 plugged in there as well.
So, your connections are CCU--->Media Player<--->X6300<--->TV? Why not connect the CCU directly to your X6300? Please let me know outcome if you do.

For us it was as simple as plugging it in, powering it up, selecting that port and following the on screen steps to connect it to the wifi in the house and away we went.

I have since switched it to be hardwired. Didn't seem to make much difference.

There is a CCU thread, which I've put below. Just beware the children that had a back and forth for a while on there...

Just one thought though, would plugging it into an audio only port (CD) kind of preclude it being able to pass visuals as well? Just wondering. All HDMI input ports on the X6300 accept audio and video inputs
With the CCU connected to TV, the CCU is working fine with iPhone, iPad, laptop and TV . I'll just take what I got for now until I have need to cast to another device besides main TV. EDIT: I lied...asked for JD's help. Would be nice to cast to my BR TV

@jdsmoothie ...since purchase of my X6300 I have read every page of this thread (I'm retired with plenty of time) :-) and don't recall your expertise being called upon or you responding to issues relating to problems associated with the Chromecast Ultra and the X6300. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the CCU connected to my X6300

Has anyone successfully connected a Chromecast Ultra directly to their X6300?

Last edited by kematt; 03-13-2017 at 02:48 PM.
post #4937 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
The CC is plugged in to the receiver for setup and playback . It was never connected directly to the Android tablet. The android tablet communicated with it wirelessly for setup while it was plugged in to the receiver.
My bad, I knew that

Last edited by kematt; 03-13-2017 at 02:36 PM.
post #4938 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Ensure the client has the Zone 2 amp set to at least 80% of maximum volume. Also another check would be whether an AM/FM signal will pass to Zone 2. If yes, then it's most likely a Roku setting issue.
We still don't know why digital audio from the Roku does not work on the clients X3300W; but just for my education I tried it on my X4000 and all I need is the PCM setting in its Zone 2 setup. I set the Roku to deliver PCM, then legacy stereo, and finally Automatic; and while playing Netflix there was audio out from the Denon Z2 preamp outputs for all three cases.

Thanks again.

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
post #4939 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
I have the Ultra and the 6300. I don't remember the HDMI port number, but we have ours plugged into the Media Player one. We also had the Series 2 plugged in there as well.

For us it was as simple as plugging it in, powering it up, selecting that port and following the on screen steps to connect it to the wifi in the house and away we went.

I have since switched it to be hardwired. Didn't seem to make much difference.

There is a CCU thread, which I've put below. Just beware the children that had a back and forth for a while on there...

Just one thought though, would plugging it into an audio only port (CD) kind of preclude it being able to pass visuals as well? Just wondering.

Seggers

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...-s-thread.html
Quote:
With the CCU connected to TV, the CCU is working fine with iPhone, iPad, laptop and TV . I'll just take what I got for now until I have need to cast to another device besides main TV. EDIT: I lied...asked for JD's help. Would be nice to cast to my BR TV

@jdsmoothie ...since purchase of my X6300 I have read every page of this thread (I'm retired with plenty of time) :-) and don't recall your expertise being called upon or you responding to issues relating to problems associated with the Chromecast Ultra and the X6300. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the CCU connected to my X6300

I said it was plugged into the port that I use Media Player for on the remote for and that I didn't know the HDMI number for it. So it goes like this:

CCU --> 6300 (MP port) --> Vizo

I didn't know that the CD labeled port did both. Make sense though.

Seggers

Sony XBR-85X900F, Oppo 203 UHD, Denon X6300H, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, PC DX12 sub, Def Tech A60 Atmos tops, the internet and a Nvidia Shield. There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #4940 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

As I don't own a Chomecast Ultra, I'll defer to those that do.
post #4941 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I said it was plugged into the port that I use Media Player for on the remote for and that I didn't know the HDMI number for it.
Please let me know port number next time you're in back of your X6300

Thanx
post #4942 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Quote:
I said it was plugged into the port that I use Media Player for on the remote for and that I didn't know the HDMI number for it.

Thanx
Don't think Denon does anything different based on HDMI port number, labling, etc. The can all have the same or different settings.
Terminader likes this.
post #4943 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

Thanx
Looking at the PDF of the manual, it has it as port 5. I put it there as it seemed most logical at the time...

Seggers

Sony XBR-85X900F, Oppo 203 UHD, Denon X6300H, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, PC DX12 sub, Def Tech A60 Atmos tops, the internet and a Nvidia Shield. There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #4944 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
X3300 - VCR Intermittant Video issues

Hi Guys,

I am connecting a legacy Panasonic VCR via composite video and audio cables through "Game" inputs.

My symptoms are when playing a VHS home video it will play briefly then video goes off and audio stays on. If I change to to another input - Blu-ray or Cbl/Sat and switch back to "Game" (VCR), the video comes back on until a break in the video occurs and new segment starts - no video again until I switch inputs again.

Weird, must occur when it is negotiating the signal or something.

All other inputs work perfectly.

Anybody run into this on their Denon receivers?

Thank you.
post #4945 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 132
I just bought a load of gear recently, including the Denon AVR-S920W. I am running 7.1, and I spent a few hours with tech support to resolve some issues. However, one thing that I was not able to fix was something the tech support told me was simply a limitation of my receiver. I can accept that if its the case, but I wanted to check with you folks here who know these devices very well.

The problem is have not been able to get the various Denon menus (I think they are called GUI?) to overlay on my picture while using my XBox One S and PS4 Pro. But I was FINALLY able to get my cable box working with audio through my receiver, thanks to tech support. Anyway, I also cannot get the receiver volume to overlay on the screen while using my Xbox One S or PS4 Pro. But, again, that works fine with the cable box.

After troubleshooting for a while, the only thing that worked to get the menus and volume to overlay on the TV's picture, while using my XBone and PS4 was to disable 4K.

After checking with a supervisor and researching further, the tech support gentleman informed me that there is a problem with this receiver's ability to have these overlays while in 4K because of some sort of bandwidth limitations. The way he phrased it made it sound like this might be something addressed in a future Firmware Update, but he could obviously not give me any details.

So the only thing I guess I am really asking you folks is, is this true? If so, I can live with it, but it would be nice to at least have volume visible, even if the menus on the Denon completely disable the video while navigating them. Though the audio stays on. Oh, and also, I forgot to mention that there is a very prominent delay/lag when I press any menu button on the Denon remote while watching any content or playing a game on either the XBone S or PS4 Pro.
post #4946 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiroVette View Post
I just bought a load of gear recently, including the Denon AVR-S920W. I am running 7.1, and I spent a few hours with tech support to resolve some issues. However, one thing that I was not able to fix was something the tech support told me was simply a limitation of my receiver. I can accept that if its the case, but I wanted to check with you folks here who know these devices very well.

The problem is have not been able to get the various Denon menus (I think they are called GUI?) to overlay on my picture while using my XBox One S and PS4 Pro. But I was FINALLY able to get my cable box working with audio through my receiver, thanks to tech support. Anyway, I also cannot get the receiver volume to overlay on the screen while using my Xbox One S or PS4 Pro. But, again, that works fine with the cable box.

After troubleshooting for a while, the only thing that worked to get the menus and volume to overlay on the TV's picture, while using my XBone and PS4 was to disable 4K.

After checking with a supervisor and researching further, the tech support gentleman informed me that there is a problem with this receiver's ability to have these overlays while in 4K because of some sort of bandwidth limitations. The way he phrased it made it sound like this might be something addressed in a future Firmware Update, but he could obviously not give me any details.

So the only thing I guess I am really asking you folks is, is this true? If so, I can live with it, but it would be nice to at least have volume visible, even if the menus on the Denon completely disable the video while navigating them. Though the audio stays on. Oh, and also, I forgot to mention that there is a very prominent delay/lag when I press any menu button on the Denon remote while watching any content or playing a game on either the XBone S or PS4 Pro.

I have the 920, it doesn't have the ability to display the volume overlay or any menus over 4k. When you hit setup or info, it will temporarily drop the resolution down to 1080p to show you the menu, but then you won't have video if your source is 4K. You have to upgrade to the X3300 or higher I believe to overlay over 4K.
muzz likes this.

AVR-S940H | AVR-S920W | B&W Matrix 803 L/R | B&W Matrix HTM center | Fluance Signature Series surrounds | LG 65" OLED65B6P | Samsung 82" Q6FN QLED | 2x Nvidia Shield | HDHomeRun Prime
post #4947 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscoppa View Post
I have the 920, it doesn't have the ability to display the volume overlay or any menus over 4k. When you hit setup or info, it will temporarily drop the resolution down to 1080p to show you the menu, but then you won't have video if your source is 4K. You have to upgrade to the X3300 or higher I believe to overlay over 4K.
I wish I would have even know about this before buying my 920. I would have seriously considered buying the X3300. I had no idea that an inability to display menus in 4K was something I should even be looking at, as this was completely off my radar when I was receiver shopping.

Seems a little ridiculous to me that this is the case, to be honest. I would also assume that for the $200.00ish price difference that the X3300 would be an overall better receiver, and not just have things like menu superiority?

If so, maybe I should at least consider returning or selling this receiver and getting the X3300. Something to think about as the receiver was only delivered to me a little over 2 weeks ago, and Amazon has a great return policy.
post #4948 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
To stream to the AVR using the HEOS app, yes, otherwise, you can also stream HEOS app audio directly to the HEOS speakers as well.
Is there a way to stream to the X4300 using an iPhone or iPad?
post #4949 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiroVette View Post
I wish I would have even know about this before buying my 920. I would have seriously considered buying the X3300. I had no idea that an inability to display menus in 4K was something I should even be looking at, as this was completely off my radar when I was receiver shopping.

Seems a little ridiculous to me that this is the case, to be honest. I would also assume that for the $200.00ish price difference that the X3300 would be an overall better receiver, and not just have things like menu superiority?

If so, maybe I should at least consider returning or selling this receiver and getting the X3300. Something to think about as the receiver was only delivered to me a little over 2 weeks ago, and Amazon has a great return policy.

These are all the things they do to annoy us into stepping up into higher models. My big one is I'm used to having the front panel icons that show how many channels the input signal has (2.0, 5.1, etc.) For some reason Denon makes you step up really high just to see that. (you can get it in the app or in a menu, but the front panel is just faster to glance at)

AVR-S940H | AVR-S920W | B&W Matrix 803 L/R | B&W Matrix HTM center | Fluance Signature Series surrounds | LG 65" OLED65B6P | Samsung 82" Q6FN QLED | 2x Nvidia Shield | HDHomeRun Prime
post #4950 of 17745 Old 03-13-2017, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Talk with JD here about a 4300! I was very happy with my quote. So just FYI
muzz and Ted99 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page