The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 195 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281229Likes

post #5821 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'm not getting album art when playing FLAC files from a USB drive. I tagged the files using MP3Tag on a PC and they show correctly in Foobar and on my Pioneer AVIC head unit.

Can someone try a tagged FLAC file and let me know if it works? I'm using an X1300w.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5822 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbd View Post
Even though I have my X6300H configured to auto-update, I saw the reports of a new release here and checked my firmware version number -- it was the same as yours, meaning it hadn't updated on it's own yet. A forced check came back saying that new firmware was available. I updated and now have the same version as blairy reported earlier in this thread (0330-2926-2391-7493). The DTS Version doesn't change. You should probably just keep trying every so often.
Thanks much for the feedback.

Still no joy. Just did a manual check and still saying I have the most up to date firmware.

Is there some order, like serial number, that these things are updated by?

As suggested, will keep trying.

Best Regards.

Spoiler!
post #5823 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVDoug View Post
Well, could be I suppose. @disneyfun1 , @Milenkod , Do you guys have the 4K genie?
i do have the 4K genie. i didnt have any issues with the onkyo i replaced for this one. when i bought it a couple weeks ago, i immediately checked for and installed the denon update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5824 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 573
[QUOTE=Methodical_1;52022121]Well that's some crap on Denon's part. Oh well, I'll just keep on truck'n.

Well it is annoying but on the other hand you can't expect them to make a version for every phone ESPECIALLY on Android side. While I am not an Apple user there is a reason why so many apps work better on the iPhone vs Android, there are generally speaking at most 4 maybe 5 models total on the Apple side at any given time, with the oldest phased out when the new ones come out. However on Android there are literally THOUSANDS of models with varying internal spec's, this has always been the problem with Android, so it is very difficult for an app maker regardless of size to make an app that will work on anything more than %10 to %30 of existing anroind phone models. That have different internal specs, like processor and gpu, and different versions of the Android phone OS.
post #5825 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift02 View Post
So I read that it's recommended to NOT use the sub level adjust (issue 4 / 4), but just wanted to make sure I understand the reason. It's not recommended because turning it on sets the level to 0, negating whatever Audyssey set (in my case -11.5), right? However, if I know that it does this, can I still use the feature correctly? For example, if I turn SLA on and set it to -11.5, that's the same as not having it on, right? The reason I ask, is that in my case it's easier to have a quick toggle for changing up the sub level -- I use a computer to play music AND watch movies, so I can't set level adjustments per device.

Thanks for the info!
I also read 4/4 but still have a couple of questions. There are two places to adjust the sub level. The first one from touching the setup button, scroll over Audio and click and then scroll over and click on Subwoofer Level Adjust. If I click on Subwoofer Level Adjustment the next screen shows Subwoofer Level Adjustment and subwoofer 1 level is grayed out.

1) If I select Subwoofer Level Adjust to ON, is it the turning this ON that resets the level to 0?

2) If returned Subwoofer Level Adjust to OFF will it return to the level set by Audyssey or do I have to run Audyssey again?

3) The other location to adjust Subwoofer level is click the Option button on the remote and on the Options dialogue box you have Channel Level Adjust. Does this Channel Level Adjust have the same impact as the Subwoofer Level Adjust above?

Update note: I have a 6300H with a wired internet connection. Received notice when I turned the system on. Clicked on update. Notice on screen said it would take 19 minutes. It took most of it. When done it went to a nonmoving screen that looked like an advertisement for ice cream. I clicked on the channel button and it returned to the Cable/TV that was there before the update started.

In reviewing the menus I don't see any new features. All my menu selection appear to have been retained.

The update did clear my HEOS name and password. I clicked on the button to send the password to my email account. You about 15 seconds and you get a message says that the password has been sent (past tense). I performed this function three times spread over an hour. Never received the email. The firmware and DTS numbers match the ones in this thread that have been mentioned in the last day.

Other than the thing with HEOS the update was smooth.

Sherman

Last edited by duworm; 04-12-2017 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling
post #5826 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 12:29 PM

Don't know if it was coincidence or not, but just checked for firmware with no luck. Decided to do a network chip only reset. When that was finished and I went back to CBL/SAT input and then checked for new firmware. This time it was there! So I am in the process of downloading the update. Four minutes to go and counting ......

and still counting!

Screen has shown Download > 100%
4min

for over 5 minutes now. Starting to get worried. Going to the first page and check on what if anything I can do if there is a problem.

Spoiler!

Last edited by RetiredandLovingIt; 04-12-2017 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Addition comment.
post #5827 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 741 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22600 Post(s)
Liked: 12296
Quote:
Originally Posted by duworm View Post
I also read 4/4 but still have a couple of questions. There are two places to adjust the sub level. The first one from touching the setup button, scroll over Audio and click and then scroll over and click on Subwoofer Level Adjust. If I click on Subwoofer Level Adjustment the next screen shows Subwoofer Level Adjustment and subwoofer 1 level is grayed out.

1) If I select Subwoofer Level Adjust to ON, is it the turning this ON that resets the level to 0?

2) If returned Subwoofer Level Adjust to OFF will it return to the level set by Audyssey or do I have to run Audyssey again?

3) The other location to adjust Subwoofer level is click the Option button on the remote and on the Options dialogue box you have Channel Level Adjust. Does this Channel Level Adjust have the same impact as the Subwoofer Level Adjust above?

Update note: I have a 6300H with a wired internet connection. Received notice when I turned the system on. Clicked on update. Notice on screen said it would take 19 minutes. It took most of it. When done it went to a nonmoving screen that looked like an advertisement for ice cream. I clicked on the channel button and it returned to the Cable/TV that was there before the update started.

In reviewing the menus I don't see any new features. All my menu selection appear to have been retained.

The update did clear my HEOS name and password. I clicked on the button to send the password to my email account. You about 15 seconds and you get a message says that the password has been sent (past tense). I performed this function three times spread over an hour. Never received the email. The firmware and DTS numbers match the ones in this thread that have been mentioned in the last day.

Other than the thing with HEOS the update was smooth.

Sherman
1. Correct.
2. No, rather returns to the level set in Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer, although if this value has never been adjusted since originally running Audyssey, then this will be the same value as set in Audyssey Setup.
3. No, rather it only adjusts the volume for that current source selected +/- the value set in Manual Setup.
post #5828 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfun1 View Post
i do have the 4K genie. i didnt have any issues with the onkyo i replaced for this one. when i bought it a couple weeks ago, i immediately checked for and installed the denon update.

So the two of us have that in common. I did not pickup on whether @Milenkod had a 4K genie or not.
post #5829 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 792
is there an x3300w update too?
post #5830 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVDoug View Post
So the two of us have that in common. I did not pickup on whether @Milenkod had a 4K genie or not.
yes....I have a 4k Genie
post #5831 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
is there an x3300w update too?
Yes...came out a few weeks ago. Fixed the iOS app issues at least. Not sure what else
post #5832 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredandLovingIt View Post
Don't know if it was coincidence or not, but just checked for firmware with no luck. Decided to do a network chip only reset. When that was finished and I went back to CBL/SAT input and then checked for new firmware. This time it was there! So I am in the process of downloading the update. Four minutes to go and counting ......

and still counting!

Screen has shown Download > 100%
4min

for over 5 minutes now. Starting to get worried. Going to the first page and check on what if anything I can do if there is a problem.
It looks like my 6300 has given up the ghost.

I turned the power of and unplugged the unit for a good 10 minutes. Plugged back in and said Download, etc. on the screen for a few seconds then changed to show it was updating. That seemed to finish ok but now the unit has no video output and will not respond to the Setup button. I can change inputs but that is about the only response I get. Have changed to Output 2 but no help.

Have done every reset possible with no response. I am at a total loss as to what has happened. Will turn off and unplug power over night and try again in the morning. It seems like I have been having issues more and more with this unit lately and I believe it may have finally given up.

Will advise of any change in status unless someone has an idea about what is going on.

Thanks to all.

Spoiler!
post #5833 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

^^
Try doing at least 4-5 microprocessor resets in a row.
RetiredandLovingIt likes this.
post #5834 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 01:57 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
3. No, rather it only adjusts the volume for that current source selected +/- the value set in Manual Setup.
Thanks for such a quick response. To clarify your answer to 3 above, I don't want to use the manual setup, I have setup audyssey, so does this part of the channel volume adjustment adjust the audyssey levels or does it only adjust the manual levels?

Is there a way to adjust the channels in Audyessy levels independently?

Sherman
post #5835 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duworm View Post
Thanks for such a quick response. To clarify your answer to 3 above, I don't want to use the manual setup, I have setup audyssey, so does this part of the channel volume adjustment adjust the audyssey levels or does it only adjust the manual levels?

Is there a way to adjust the channels in Audyessy levels independently?

Sherman
You are confusing "Manual Setup" (Audyssey enabled) with "Graphic EQ" (Audyssey disabled). You cannot change any of the values stored in the Audyssey Setup as a way to more easily return to them if you have made changes in Manual Setup. However, these settings are passed over to the Manual Setup settings which then become the active settings used by the AVR and which you can edit to suit your preference without impacting the actual Audyssey EQ.
post #5836 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Don't know if it was coincidence or not, but just checked for firmware with no luck. Decided to do a network chip only reset. When that was finished and I went back to CBL/SAT input and then checked for new firmware. This time it was there!
I can't really speak to the subsequent issues you had after doing your resets, but your post reminded me that a couple of weeks ago I discovered that my X6300H had lost all of its network config info. All I needed to do was re-enable DHCP after which it retrieved all IP address, gateway, and DNS info from my router. Weird, but may this is what happened to you too.

Last edited by bsbd; 04-12-2017 at 02:21 PM.
post #5837 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
^^
Still no output. Changed the input on the TV with no luck. Some things appear to have been initialized. The Input names are back to default but since I cannot get into the setup menu not able to check anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbd View Post
I can't really speak to the subsequent issues you had after doing your resets, but your post reminded me that a couple of weeks ago I discovered that my X6300H had lost all of its network config info. All I needed to do was re-enable DHCP after which it retrieved all IP address, gateway, and DNS info from my router. Weird, but may this is what happened to you too.
Since I cannot get into the setup menu, not able to do this unless there is another way to access this setting without going through setup.

Thanks for trying guys.

Spoiler!
post #5838 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 02:27 PM

Liked: 0
Advice

Hi everyone..
This is my first time here and my first time buying AV Recv..
So I would really be greatful for all the help i can get..

A: Im betwen Denon X2300 and Pionner Elite LX301 and as i Live in Brasil everything is expinsive.
So the Denon x2300 coast 800 US $ and the Pionner LX301 around 950 US $ so i really want to buy and make sure the $ is well spent. I have 4 Polk TSI 200 that bought them used froma freind of mine and what i love most is watching movies and little music so any advice plz
post #5839 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
^^
Tried another 5 resets for a total of 9 or 10 with no change. Have powered down and unplugged the unit. Will try again later this evening or tomorrow morning.

Appreciate the assistance.
Ronman79 likes this.

Spoiler!
post #5840 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question 2ch playback in AVRX3300

Hi,

Could any forum member owner or user of the Denon AVR-X3300 confirm whether "2ch playback" custom settings for speakers is supported or not (custom settings for main speakers when playing stereo or direct)? I'm moving from a AVR-1912 to the X3300 and I think it's non-sense to drop support for such useful feature in a newer and upper tier (from the 19XX) model. I can tell X4300 and X5200 both support this setting.

Cheers!
post #5841 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 4887 Post(s)
Liked: 7189
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfast247 View Post
Anytime you bring up the osd while watching 4k content it goes goofy and switches to a lower resolution. Then the entire background is black with the osd displayed. It is rather annoying. But luckily the Android app allows you to change most of the settings.
Define "goes goofy". It inexplicably changes to 720p, which forces a tiresome HDMI re-negotiation and gives you a black screen for 1-2 seconds. But there's no goofiness.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #5842 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Quote:
Tried another 5 resets for a total of 9 or 10 with no change. Have powered down and unplugged the unit. Will try again later this evening or tomorrow morning.

Stay in touch...

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Panasonic 820 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite UPS Backup / Furman Conditioner / App and Tap controlled Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
post #5843 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

Try unplugging all your hdmi cables as well, a small amount of power is Sent though those as well, I thought my x4200w was dead a while back, unplugged everything and let it sit for a while, then it was fine once I powered it up. Good luck

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
post #5844 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 5
For a 5.2 or 7.2 set up (not upgrading to Atmos for the next 3 years or so, and I'll just buy a new receiver at that point) does the 4300H offer a ton more than the 3300? I know it's a different amp design and power capacity (710 vs 600 operating watts) and the multi channel processing, etc, but feature-wise, is it worth the $350 difference? I can get the 4300H new for $1050 (authorized seller, new) or $700 for the 3300W (also authorized, new)
post #5845 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvinhaes2 View Post
Hi,

Could any forum member owner or user of the Denon AVR-X3300 confirm whether "2ch playback" custom settings for speakers is supported or not (custom settings for main speakers when playing stereo or direct)? I'm moving from a AVR-1912 to the X3300 and I think it's non-sense to drop support for such useful feature in a newer and upper tier (from the 19XX) model. I can tell X4300 and X5200 both support this setting.

Cheers!
Not supported on the X3300W which you can confirm yourself reviewing the Owner's manual.
cvinhaes2 likes this.
post #5846 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopthemadness View Post
For a 5.2 or 7.2 set up (not upgrading to Atmos for the next 3 years or so, and I'll just buy a new receiver at that point) does the 4300H offer a ton more than the 3300? I know it's a different amp design and power capacity (710 vs 600 operating watts) and the multi channel processing, etc, but feature-wise, is it worth the $350 difference? I can get the 4300H new for $1050 (authorized seller, new) or $700 for the 3300W (also authorized, new)
You can review post 1 of this thread to determine feature differences.
post #5847 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjmc99 View Post
Try unplugging all your hdmi cables as well, a small amount of power is Sent though those as well, I thought my x4200w was dead a while back, unplugged everything and let it sit for a while, then it was fine once I powered it up. Good luck

Will give it a try. Willing to try anything at this point.

Spoiler!
post #5848 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 792
I'm on Directv and an oled e6. Lately espn and discovery has been out of sync with audio and video. Auto sync hasn't done anything to help. Anyone else seen issues?

I'm on an x3300w.
post #5849 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Define "goes goofy". It inexplicably changes to 720p, which forces a tiresome HDMI re-negotiation and gives you a black screen for 1-2 seconds. But there's no goofiness.
Yes, goofy! Sometimes it's much longer than a few seconds.
post #5850 of 17254 Old 04-12-2017, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Will give it a try. Willing to try anything at this point.
Well my x4300h died during the firmware update, it got stuck did multiple resets but no luck. I was able to still see the avr on the network, so just for sh**s and giggles I launched the heos app to see if I could still stream to the avr, interestingly it asked me if I wanted to do a software update, I said yes, and what do you know, it did the firmware update on my avr and now everything is back to normal.

I would say go ahead and plug your avr back in, hard wire it to the network and turn it on, wait a minute then open the heos app, see if you are as lucky as me.

muzz and Dr. Spankenstein like this.

Last edited by Mrjmc99; 04-12-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page