The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 262 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281229Likes

post #7831 of 17254 Old 07-08-2017, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.exe View Post
So with Dolby Vision releases now featured in all upcoming Netflix distributed movies and the first 4K Blu-rays with it rolling out now, do we still need to wait until the end of the year or early next year to get Dolby Vision passthrough capability on the 2016 models?
That's the latest info that Denon has shared publicly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7832 of 17254 Old 07-08-2017, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughan View Post
That's the latest info that Denon has shared publicly.

Is that the question to Denon you cited, or that was Denon's response?
post #7833 of 17254 Old 07-08-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertL View Post

Is that the question to Denon you cited, or that was Denon's response?
It's what's posted on their website: http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/ans...-compatibility
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7834 of 17254 Old 07-08-2017, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 2459 Post(s)
Liked: 3402
Guys, I need some help or an explanation what's going on with my Audyssey calibration with my 4300. I ran the full calibration and when I checked the results I was satisfied. I have three subs, 2 on the #1 preout and the third on preout #2 . My levels came beack at -10.5 dB for subs 1 and -10.5 dB for sub 2. I was happy with this as this gave me a lot of room to adjust the levels up, I like to run my subs about 5-6dB hot, so that would put the levels at -6.5 dB.

I manually checked the levels that Audy set for my speakers and subs with the test tones and MV at 0 dB with a SPL meter. The speaker levels were maybe 2 dB low, that's not a problem. The problem is when I checked the sub levels at MV 0 dB they were 8-9 dB low for the front pair #1 preout and the same for the single #2 preout. At MV 0 dB I had to set the sub levels from -10.5 dB to 0 dB to get 75 dB at the MLP. Could someone tell me what's up with this. Do I have to have a certain setting set for the subs prior to running Audy, I didn't think this would matter because all setting will change once I run the XT32 calibration.

Question: Can I just raise the gains on my subs leaving the -10.5 dB levels set by Audy until my SPL meter reads 75 dB at the MLP for the front two (sub 1) and the single (sub 2) with the MV at 0 dB? Should I just rerun the full calibration again, I'm just concerned that the same problem will occur again. Thanks and looking forward to your replies?
post #7835 of 17254 Old 07-08-2017, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Qs on the x4300h

1- how's the network streaming on this avr ? does it freeze/crash/disconnect ? (playing FLAC files from my network windows server) . I have a Marantz 1506 that frequently disconnects from playing off the network and i have to do network reset...
2- streaming FLAC off the network server or maybe even bluetooth - can that be then delivered to all other HEOS speakers thruout the house ?
post #7836 of 17254 Old 07-08-2017, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Guys, I need some help or an explanation what's going on with my Audyssey calibration with my 4300. I ran the full calibration and when I checked the results I was satisfied. I have three subs, 2 on the #1 preout and the third on preout #2 . My levels came beack at -10.5 dB for subs 1 and -10.5 dB for sub 2. I was happy with this as this gave me a lot of room to adjust the levels up, I like to run my subs about 5-6dB hot, so that would put the levels at -6.5 dB.

I manually checked the levels that Audy set for my speakers and subs with the test tones and MV at 0 dB with a SPL meter. The speaker levels were maybe 2 dB low, that's not a problem. The problem is when I checked the sub levels at MV 0 dB they were 8-9 dB low for the front pair #1 preout and the same for the single #2 preout. At MV 0 dB I had to set the sub levels from -10.5 dB to 0 dB to get 75 dB at the MLP. Could someone tell me what's up with this. Do I have to have a certain setting set for the subs prior to running Audy, I didn't think this would matter because all setting will change once I run the XT32 calibration.

Question: Can I just raise the gains on my subs leaving the -10.5 dB levels set by Audy until my SPL meter reads 75 dB at the MLP for the front two (sub 1) and the single (sub 2) with the MV at 0 dB? Should I just rerun the full calibration again, I'm just concerned that the same problem will occur again. Thanks and looking forward to your replies?
Regarding the above post, I think I'm forgetting the combined output for all three subs has to be 75 dB at the MLP, this is the first time I had to calibrate more than two subs. I'll get my REW gear out and verify the trim levels for speakers and subs are set correctly, I can get a signal from all three subs at once and verify the levels are set correctly to give me a combined sub out of 75 dB at the MLP.....my bad I think.
post #7837 of 17254 Old 07-08-2017, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm having an issue with my AVR-X6300H Receiver. My speaker configuration is 7.1.4. When I use the "Multi Ch Stereo" feature to up-mix my stereo audio to all of my speakers, sound does not go to the sub-woofer and sound does not go to the 4 ceiling speakers.
The receiver shows that sound should be going to the sub-woofer, but it doesn't and for some reason the 4 ceiling speakers are grayed out.
When playing ATMOS content everything works fine. Up-mixing is where I'm having issues.

Has anyone ran into this issue?

Multi-Projector Edge-Blending & Geometry correction for games and simulations.
http://www.youtube.com/VanFS3K
post #7838 of 17254 Old 07-08-2017, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe3000 View Post
I'm having an issue with my AVR-X6300H Receiver. My speaker configuration is 7.1.4. When I use the "Multi Ch Stereo" feature to up-mix my stereo audio to all of my speakers, sound does not go to the sub-woofer and sound does not go to the 4 ceiling speakers.
The receiver shows that sound should be going to the sub-woofer, but it doesn't and for some reason the 4 ceiling speakers are grayed out.
When playing ATMOS content everything works fine. Up-mixing is where I'm having issues.

Has anyone ran into this issue?
With the Multi CH Stereo mode selected, you'll need to go to AUDIO - SURROUND PARAMETER - SPEAKER SELECT and change the default from "Floor" to "Floor & Height." If all of your speakers are set to SMALL (as suggested) then audio should always go to the Sub when the Multi CH Stereo surround mode is selected.
post #7839 of 17254 Old 07-08-2017, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.exe View Post
So with Dolby Vision releases now featured in all upcoming Netflix distributed movies and the first 4K Blu-rays with it rolling out now, do we still need to wait until the end of the year or early next year to get Dolby Vision passthrough capability on the 2016 models?
As I have noted in post 1 of this thread for a few months now, the DV+HLG firmware update is expected to be released by the end of 2017 or early 2018. Until this update is installed, neither DV nor HLG will pass through a 2016 model (unlike the newer 2017 models which will pass DV out of the box but will still need the HLG firmware update).
post #7840 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
With the Multi CH Stereo mode selected, you'll need to go to AUDIO - SURROUND PARAMETER - SPEAKER SELECT and change the default from "Floor" to "Floor & Height." If all of your speakers are set to SMALL (as suggested) then audio should always go to the Sub when the Multi CH Stereo surround mode is selected.
Using the information you gave me, I was able to get the ceiling speakers to work in Multi CH Stereo Mode, but changing the speakers to Small did not fix the Sub issue. I even tried changing the sub woofer option to LFE + Main, but that didn't have an effect either.
Is there anything else I'm missing that would prevent the sub from working in Multi CH Stereo Mode?

Thanks

post #7841 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Using the information you gave me, I was able to get the ceiling speakers to work in Multi CH Stereo Mode, but changing the speakers to Small did not fix the Sub issue. I even tried changing the sub woofer option to LFE + Main, but that didn't have an effect either.
Is there anything else I'm missing that would prevent the sub from working in Multi CH Stereo Mode?

Thanks
When all speakers are set to SMALL, there is no difference regarding the effect of the Subwoofer = LFE vs. LFE+MAIN, as the LFE+MAIN setting is only in effect when the FL/FR speakers are set to LARGE.

Regarding no subwoofer .... does the subwoofer play when using just STEREO mode? Are you not seeing the SW icon for speaker output when the INFO button is pressed or are you just not hearing any audio from the sub when using Multi CH Stereo? If the former, try doing a "soft reset" of the AVR by powering it to Standby and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes to see if that resolves your issue.
post #7842 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 01:56 AM

Quote:
When all speakers are set to SMALL, there is no difference regarding the effect of the Subwoofer = LFE vs. LFE+MAIN, as the LFE+MAIN setting is only in effect when the FL/FR speakers are set to LARGE.

Regarding no subwoofer .... does the subwoofer play when using just STEREO mode? Are you not seeing the SW icon for speaker output when the INFO button is pressed or are you just not hearing any audio from the sub when using Multi CH Stereo? If the former, try doing a "soft reset" of the AVR by powering it to Standby and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes to see if that resolves your issue.
The sub does Not play in Stereo either. The Info shows that SW is an active speaker, but no audio goes to it. My sub goes into standBy mode when no signal is detected. Perhaps its sending over an extremely week signal to the sub in stereo mode. Not sure why it would do that or how to fix it.

I tried unplugging the receiver for 10 minutes, but that didn't fix it.

post #7843 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The sub does Not play in Stereo either. The Info shows that SW is an active speaker, but no audio goes to it. My sub goes into standBy mode when no signal is detected. Perhaps its sending over an extremely week signal to the sub in stereo mode. Not sure why it would do that or how to fix it.

I tried unplugging the receiver for 10 minutes, but that didn't fix it.
As the sub icon is displayed, a signal is being sent to the sub when available. Either set the sub to ON (rather than AUTO) or if using AUTO, ensure the sub level is set somewhere between -5db and 0db using Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer.
post #7844 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
As the sub icon is displayed, a signal is being sent to the sub when available. Either set the sub to ON (rather than AUTO) or if using AUTO, ensure the sub level is set somewhere between -5db and 0db using Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer.
I using a Velodyne VX-10 sub, on is the only option I have. Its set to -4.5 in the manual setup. In the dolby-test-tones_7_1_4.mp4 it sounds perfect through the ATMOS signal. Just an issue in stereo/ multi CH mode.

I noticed, when its set to stereo, if I crank up the volume loud enough I can get the Sub to turn on, but its still to low to hear, sounds the same as if it was off. I can do the same for Multi CH, but I have to crank it up even further, but its never audible.

post #7845 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I using a Velodyne VX-10 sub, on is the only option I have. Its set to -4.5 in the manual setup. In the dolby-test-tones_7_1_4.mp4 it sounds perfect through the ATMOS signal. Just an issue in stereo/ multi CH mode.

I noticed, when its set to stereo, if I crank up the volume loud enough I can get the Sub to turn on, but its still to low to hear, sounds the same as if it was off. I can do the same for Multi CH, but I have to crank it up even further, but its never audible.
What are the crossover levels of the speakers set to? The minimum should be SMALL/80Hz. Also try boosting the sub level closer to 0db.
post #7846 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
What are the crossover levels of the speakers set to? The minimum should be SMALL/80Hz. Also try boosting the sub level closer to 0db.
In the speaker config all are set to small, in the crossover all are set to 40 except the ceiling speakers, those are 110 and 150.
I change the sub level to 0db, but that didn't fix it.

post #7847 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
In the speaker config all are set to small, in the crossover all are set to 40 except the ceiling speakers, those are 110 and 150.
set your fromt LCR to 80Hz and surround LR Surround Back LR to 90Hz and set your sub to LFE 120Hz.I have the same Denon 6300H.
post #7848 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2216 Post(s)
Liked: 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls View Post
...1- how's the network streaming on this avr ? does it freeze/crash/disconnect ? (playing FLAC files from my network windows server) . I have a Marantz 1506 that frequently disconnects from playing off the network and i have to do network reset...
My 4300 plays flacs stored on a disc, both wired to a router, without drops or other issues.
post #7849 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls View Post
Qs on the x4300h

1- how's the network streaming on this avr ? does it freeze/crash/disconnect ? (playing FLAC files from my network windows server) . I have a Marantz 1506 that frequently disconnects from playing off the network and i have to do network reset...
2- streaming FLAC off the network server or maybe even bluetooth - can that be then delivered to all other HEOS speakers thruout the house ?
I only use AirPlay but it's been rock solid there. If you play FLAC content via Bluetooth you'll lose a lot of audio quality. A2DP doesn't allow a ton of bandwidth.
post #7850 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
If your crossovers are that low, it's possible that the stereo music you're playing just doesn't have a very strong signal below 40 Hz. I have 80 Hz or higher on all of my crossovers and I can hear my subwoofer on the music where you'd expect to even when I use regular Stereo mode.
post #7851 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is there a specific reason your speakers are all set with a 40Hz crossover, that's a lot of responsibility for your LCRs when the sub can handle those frequencies below 80 Hz just fine. Regardless of your speaker's extension and authority at producing those low end notes you're limiting the sub's range considerably and taxing the mains, just a suggestion raise your LCRs to 80 Hz and see what you think?
post #7852 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Then bump up the ones set to 40Hz up to 80Hz.
post #7853 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughan View Post
If your crossovers are that low, it's possible that the stereo music you're playing just doesn't have a very strong signal below 40 Hz. I have 80 Hz or higher on all of my crossovers and I can hear my subwoofer on the music where you'd expect to even when I use regular Stereo mode.
I'm definitely not getting similar results. I changed all crossover for the speakers to 80hz, but that didn't change it much. Is there a way to boost the sub only when in stereo and multi CH stereo? cause out side of those two modes, it works perfectly.

post #7854 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbgator View Post
Hi All-

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but on my Denon 720w, I'm noticing an issue when I simultaneously play Spotify and select a video source to watch. For example, if I'm playing Spotify music through the AVR, and select a video source to watch (so that the video is playing (ex: cable sports) simultaneously with the Spotify audio), the video comes on for a few seconds and then disappears. If I press the volume button on the AVR remote, the picture comes back on briefly for a few seconds but then disappears again. The Spotify music plays normal without any problems.

Has anyone else experienced this issue when playing Spotify and simultaneously selecting a video source?
Quote:
Does the issue present when using other networking services and/or other video sources?
I have tried this with other networking sources (ex: Spotify, Airplay) and video sources (Cable, PS4, UHD Blu Ray) and the same issue persists. The video source will play for a few seconds and then black out. The audio source (like Spotify) plays continuously without issues. All video sources are connected via HDMI.

I have the latest firmware update in the s720. Anyone else having this problem?
post #7855 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Am i correct that there does not seem to be any real feature updates on the 4400 model over the 4300?
post #7856 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
Am i correct that there does not seem to be any real feature updates on the 4400 model over the 4300?
Difficult to say as the X4400H specs haven't even been released yet.
post #7857 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbgator View Post
I have tried this with other networking sources (ex: Spotify, Airplay) and video sources (Cable, PS4, UHD Blu Ray) and the same issue persists. The video source will play for a few seconds and then black out. The audio source (like Spotify) plays continuously without issues. All video sources are connected via HDMI.

I have the latest firmware update in the s720. Anyone else having this problem?

Isn't there an option under the video setting with options like auto, always on, and always off to control this stuff I can't remember the name of the option but I know it is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7858 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Guys, I'm selling my new 4300 and was wondering how I could offer a warranty as Denon does not transfer warranty even though I purchased from an Authorized Dealer, any suggestions, besides giving it away which I'm almost doing at the asking price for a unit with an hour of use, if that, thanks?
post #7859 of 17254 Old 07-09-2017, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Analog audio on HDMI?

Just picked up a x4300H from fry's... They had their $700 off promo code so it was a decent deal at $799 + tax. This is replacing a Yamaha HTR-7065 that was also connected through the second HDMI output to an Onkyo AVR in the kitchen area.

The previous setup would allow the kitchen/Onkyo setup to watch or listen to what was playing on the Yamaha through the HDMI connection whether it was analog CD, Phono, Pandora streaming, DVD or directv.

Once the Denon was hooked up, I am having trouble getting the kitchen/Onkyo setup to produce audio. The video is fine, however only setting up the zone 2 has worked for audio on some inputs (HDMI) however the analog inputs will produce no sound unless I set the HDMI audio out to TV. The problem then is no sound from the Denon as it thinks the TV speakers are being used.

Hopefully there is something I am missing here otherwise I will return the Denon.

As a note, the current Yamaha was being used as a preamp for an Emotiva XPA-5 gen3, with the Denon used to power some atmos front speakers, however I haven't purchased those yet.

Tried searching, however I can't seem to find this issue addressed.
post #7860 of 17254 Old 07-10-2017, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

For those of you purchasing a 2016 model and using the Setup Assistant, as indicated by the note below, you can safely follow the speaker/sub/source connection instructions while the AVR is powered ON.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page