The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 312 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281256Likes

post #9331 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Yep. I agree and defer. So it's possibly room modes in his space that Audyssey tried to correct causing either 60/120HZ to resonate? This would explain when Audyssey equipped receivers are out of the loop that it went away.
Certainly. But if hum is enough to be annoying when Audyssey is active, it must be entering the receiver from somewhere. We have a couple of dozen Denon installations around St. Louis in various sized rooms, some with massive subwoofers, and have not heard the hum.

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9332 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2249 Post(s)
Liked: 2546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
Certainly. But if hum is enough to be annoying when Audyssey is active, it must be entering the receiver from somewhere. We have a couple of dozen Denon installations around St. Louis in various sized rooms, some with massive subwoofers, and have not heard the hum.
Got it. I have the exact same subwoofer x 2 and the X4300H and it's the same thing. I use the line inputs though over the LFE but really that shouldn't matter. If anything the potential for noise is higher using the line inputs. Least he got it to go away using the same.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #9333 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi0gre View Post
@Tedd99 thanks for chiming in! My head is starting to spin from all the searching and I'm not seeming to find a black and white answer. Or I'm not seeing the forest from the trees
And yes I'm using 4 subs
Have you tried just using Audyssey XT32 to flatten the FR for the 4 ? If they are set mirrored in all 4 corners you would just hook the front 2 up to the 1st sub pre out using splitters and the same for the back pair to the 2nd. The output voltage on the unbalanced 2x4 miniDSP might be an issue. You can contact the sub manufacture directly to find out from them.

I'd personally see how just XT32 handles things and go from there as several users have been selling their MiniDSP's after getting a receiver with Audyssey XT32/Sub EQ HT. Just a thought.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9334 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1544 Post(s)
Liked: 524
X4300H > Can you access Pandora without using "Heos Favorites" to add your Pandora stations as Favorites? When I called Denon they said you could using the remote but that I would have to call back when I was home with remote in hand..?? Maybe @jdsmoothie can answer as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * Def Tech BP8080st front L/R * Def Tech CLR2002 center * Def Tech ProMonitor 800 surrounds (x4) * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HP sub * Outlaw OAW4 wireless sub kit * Vizio 60" 4K HDRtv * Sony UBP-X800 Bluray * PS4 * AC Infinity S9 AVR fan
post #9335 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 2471 Post(s)
Liked: 3458
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneg View Post
Again, My feeling is these AVR's are very weak as far as music goes. They may sound great for movies and mine does, but am I missing something here? Music seems to have no volume or punch unless I crank the volume way higher than it is on video. Any help on this?
Do you mind me asking what speakers you have, I only ask because if movies sound great with the Denon I see no reason why this would not also be the case with music, you're still using the same speakers in either case. If the internal amps can drive your speakers with the dynamics it takes to enjoy home theater sound (movies) I don't see why listening to music would change any thing. Could you be a bit more specific than "weak" as in aren't as loud, distorted or muddy sound and less clear? Thanks.

I've used the 4300 as a stand alone AV processor with all external amplification and it's an ideal preamp component used for this purpose. I've also used the 4300 and it's internal amp stages and was very pleased with all channels driven with just the 4300. I don't know if you've seen Gene's bench test review of the 3300 on the AH site, it was very favorable, I think the 2300 would and should be very good as well. So please explain weak and the speakers used, if you don't mind...... Thanks again.....
Madmax67 and Falconsfan71 like this.
post #9336 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordvest22 View Post
I guess we'll just use DTS X then, it's probably just as good (or better, given that it includes the back speaker).
I think you mean DTS Neural:X? I think DTS X only applies when a DTS X signal is input.

Anyway, hello again all! I see (as I have a few times I've popped into the owner's threads over the years) that batpig and jdsmoothie and still at it. I know jd does, but for anyone that doesn't know/remember, I'm the Denon Audyssey MultEQ bug finder. Still using that 1909 they sent as a replacement with Pioneer Kuro (5080HD, so non-1080p)...

Hopefully have a refurb 65" 3D LG OLED on the way and will be looking to finally upgrade the AVR (been waiting to have OSD display over HDMI, hehe!). Saw the closeout deals on the X4300H, so figure it'll be that one.

I have been using a 6.1 setup since adding a single back speaker shortly after getting the 1909. Definitely like how the PL IIx (or EX) fills in the sound with 2 (or 5.1) channel sources. So as @Nordvest22 mentions, I was like "WHAT?!" when I was looking over parts of the manual a few days ago. And this was just after getting up to speed on DSU replacing PL IIx, etc. and how well it seems to work! (I was considering adding Front Height speakers, but that's independent really.)

Other than Neural:X, it seems a single back speaker will only get sound with > 5.1 signals (6.1, 7.1, Atmos, DTS X), correct?

With the same 6.1 setup, I wonder how Neural:X does compared to PL IIx/EX processing? (I guess there's nothing to do except extract back content.) But if I add Front Heights, I'm not sure I'd like what Neural:X does for height processing compared to DSU, from what I read... So heights OR back. Oh BTW, is it possible to disable/opt-out of heights with Neural:X (or per input), without digging into the global Speaker Config stuff?

In light of that, I was thinking about modifying the setup to do 5.1.4 (or 5.1.2 if not Front Heights, but that's independent like I said) and had some setup questions.

The mostly-open room is 15' W x 16' L (ceiling is 8' at front and back, 10' middle, so ~14 degree slope) as far as speaker placement. So surround speakers are 15' apart, 6' off the floor (I know these days that's about 2 feet too high, but they can't change, hence config questions), and 42" from back. 1-2' behind seating positions.

Couldn't put 2 back speakers because the wall is barely half the room (8') and the single speaker is at the corner.

So would it be OK to put 2 speakers in the slightly-angled ceiling instead?? Pretty close to the wall?

And because of the Surround placement, would it be better to use them as Rear Height instead of Top Rear?

Finally, I'm wondering when they're not specifically Surr. Back speakers (and SB's are not present), will DSU still fill in stuff for the "back area" similar to what I'm used to or would have with 7.1? Just slightly more "height-oriented?"

Thanks guys! Sorry for the long return post.
Nordvest22 likes this.
post #9337 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 8
denon x3300 zone 2 questions

hooked up an extra pair and there doesnt seem to be much options for zone 2. couldnt get my subwoofer to work with the speakers even on stereo setting.
wondering if im missing something.

also, i had to turn off main or zone 2 vice versa to get the other to work, and sometimes both were workign at the same time.
hoping there isnt a problem there
post #9338 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone having any problems with the newest firmware update? I updated my S720W last night to version 3600-5946-8072. Seemed to work fine...kept it on during the update and then watched a movie. Today none of my HD sources are working. I have an old Wii(480i) that works fine in all of the HDMI inputs, and the AVR works fine with the TVs streaming apps via ARC, but my 4K DirecTV box and Xbox One S won't pass audio or video through any HDMI input. The DVR displays a message on the TV that there is no input signal. Are there new settings that need to be changed, or could the update have messed up the compatibility with my HDMI cables or something else weird? Any ideas?
post #9339 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Miller View Post
Anyone having any problems with the newest firmware update? I updated my S720W last night to version 3600-5946-8072. Seemed to work fine...kept it on during the update and then watched a movie. Today none of my HD sources are working. I have an old Wii(480i) that works fine in all of the HDMI inputs, and the AVR works fine with the TVs streaming apps via ARC, but my 4K DirecTV box and Xbox One S won't pass audio or video through any HDMI input. The DVR displays a message on the TV that there is no input signal. Are there new settings that need to be changed, or could the update have messed up the compatibility with my HDMI cables or something else weird? Any ideas?
Try unplugging the receiver for about 10mins and then try it again.
Terminader and JT Miller like this.
post #9340 of 17339 Old 09-03-2017, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post
X4300H > Can you access Pandora without using "Heos Favorites" to add your Pandora stations as Favorites? When I called Denon they said you could using the remote but that I would have to call back when I was home with remote in hand..?? Maybe @jdsmoothie can answer as well...

I can't see a way to do that without first setting up the favorites list using the HEOS app. Tunein is the only streaming service still left on the receiver as far as I know. HEOS has the rest and that's on the mobile app.
Falconsfan71 likes this.

post #9341 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr...Love View Post
denon x3300 zone 2 questions

hooked up an extra pair and there doesnt seem to be much options for zone 2. couldnt get my subwoofer to work with the speakers even on stereo setting.
wondering if im missing something.

also, i had to turn off main or zone 2 vice versa to get the other to work, and sometimes both were workign at the same time.
hoping there isnt a problem there
1. The sub only works in the main zone.
2. No reason you shouldn't be able to use one or both at a time noting the limitation that you can't pass a multi ch source to Zone 2.
post #9342 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR View Post
Other than Neural:X, it seems a single back speaker will only get sound with > 5.1 signals (6.1, 7.1, Atmos, DTS X), correct?

With the same 6.1 setup, I wonder how Neural:X does compared to PL IIx/EX processing? (I guess there's nothing to do except extract back content.) But if I add Front Heights, I'm not sure I'd like what Neural:X does for height processing compared to DSU, from what I read... So heights OR back. Oh BTW, is it possible to disable/opt-out of heights with Neural:X (or per input), without digging into the global Speaker Config stuff?

In light of that, I was thinking about modifying the setup to do 5.1.4 (or 5.1.2 if not Front Heights, but that's independent like I said) and had some setup questions.

The mostly-open room is 15' W x 16' L (ceiling is 8' at front and back, 10' middle, so ~14 degree slope) as far as speaker placement. So surround speakers are 15' apart, 6' off the floor (I know these days that's about 2 feet too high, but they can't change, hence config questions), and 42" from back. 1-2' behind seating positions.

Couldn't put 2 back speakers because the wall is barely half the room (8') and the single speaker is at the corner.

So would it be OK to put 2 speakers in the slightly-angled ceiling instead?? Pretty close to the wall?

And because of the Surround placement, would it be better to use them as Rear Height instead of Top Rear?

Finally, I'm wondering when they're not specifically Surr. Back speakers (and SB's are not present), will DSU still fill in stuff for the "back area" similar to what I'm used to or would have with 7.1? Just slightly more "height-oriented?"

Thanks guys! Sorry for the long return post.
1. Correct.
2. Regardless of where physically placed (ie. wall or ceiling), Atmos/Dolby Surround modes will work better with speakers "configured" as "Top Front + Top Rear" whereas DTS:X/DTS Neural:X modes will work better with speakers configured as "Front Height + Rear Height." Not possible to opt out without changing configuration or selecting a different surround mode.
3. No, but you wouldn't want them close to the wall if in the ceiling, rather on the same line as the FL/FR speakers. Personal preference whether configured as Rear Height or Top Rear (see 2 above).
4. 7.1 audio would be down mixed to your Surround speakers just as is the case now.
post #9343 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan71 View Post

Not using the OEM remote, AFAIK; however, possibly via the 2016 Denon Remote app.
post #9344 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 3
We have a X3300 and we have 7 speakers available (in addition to two subwoofers) and I'm wondering what the best setup is for us.

Is it recommended to go for traditional 7.2 or is a setup of 5.2.2 (with two height speakers) better if the goal is to get the best sound quality and surround effects out of the available speakers?

The room is a living room with a width of about 4,5 meters and a length of about 7 meters. The ceiling height is 2.4 meters and the ceiling is flat. The ordinary surround speakers (not back) have to be mounted high up on the (side)walls due to windows on one side and a fireplace on the other.
The height speakers, if that's the best choice, will probably be mounted high in the corner of the front width of the room (or they can be mounted along the length of the room between the front speakers and the surrounds if that's better)

(I understand that these placements probably aren't ideal, but since this is our living room that's the way it's got to be and I seek advice out from these placements and not the ideal one)

I hope my questions are understandable, English is just a second language for me

Last edited by Nordvest22; 09-04-2017 at 05:27 AM.
post #9345 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
X3000W series and higher

Not true. I have a Roku connected to my X3200W playing Pandora, and no audio via zone 2 output
post #9346 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hey guys,
Just got a new X1300W and got everything up and running.
My monitor is a simple 39" Hisense HDTV - very bare bones model, without ARC or any smart features.
I'm experiencing a strange issue where no sound comes out of the receiver/speakers (from ANY source) until I turn on the TV. Oddly though, if I then turn the TV off again, the sound will continue playing with no issues. Once I turn off the AVR though, this issue will reappear. Not very convenient when I want to start playing something from my iPhone while still in bed.....

Any ideas here? Is this normal? Is there any workaround?

Thanks!
post #9347 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi0gre View Post
@Tedd99 thanks for chiming in! My head is starting to spin from all the searching and I'm not seeming to find a black and white answer. Or I'm not seeing the forest from the trees
And yes I'm using 4 subs
There is a wealth of information pertinent to the miniDSP in the thread miniDSP DDRC-88A in this forum.

@Madmax67 offers a good suggestion. I am currently using the XT32 to balance 4 subs that are symetrically placed in the room by using Y connectors for each pair, each feeding from one of the two LFE outputs on the Receiver. Works just fine. BUT, I'm going to go to one of the new 16 ch processors due to be released in 2018. The Emotiva, at least, is reported to have the capability to do 9.1.6. To integrate my 4 subs with that configuration, I'm going to need the miniDSP to feed them from only one LFE.

His concern with the input sensitivity of the sub amps is a valid one. Klipsh, the maker of mine will not release the input sensitivity of their amps. In your research, you will find that if the input sensitivity of the sub amps exceeds 1.9v RMS, you will need to use the Balanced MiniDSP 2x4. The good news is that the typical consumer-grade amp has a sensitivity of 1.4v RMS. If so, the balancing technique you will find in your research will work just fine.
Madmax67 likes this.

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, FXiA4 Bi-pole sides,
LSiC CH, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.

Last edited by Ted99; 09-04-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: attribution
post #9348 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Liked: 2331
I and hooking up a Denon 4300H today and running a mono price monolith amp to power the LCR. There is a fitting called "signal ground" on both the amp and the recover. Do I need to hook this up and, if so, what kind of wire? Thanks in advance.
post #9349 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a X-1300W with a 2.1 setup. Currently, it is setup from Xbox One S to uncompressed stereo. What are the best settings on the Denon to get the most out of a 2.1 setup? (DTS:X vs. stereo vs. pure direct, etc.)??

Thanks!
post #9350 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn001d View Post
Not true. I have a Roku connected to my X3200W playing Pandora, and no audio via zone 2 output
Sorry, but you must have a bum AVR.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 09-04-2017 at 01:07 PM.
post #9351 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guycarmeli View Post
Hey guys,
Just got a new X1300W and got everything up and running.
My monitor is a simple 39" Hisense HDTV - very bare bones model, without ARC or any smart features.
I'm experiencing a strange issue where no sound comes out of the receiver/speakers (from ANY source) until I turn on the TV. Oddly though, if I then turn the TV off again, the sound will continue playing with no issues. Once I turn off the AVR though, this issue will reappear. Not very convenient when I want to start playing something from my iPhone while still in bed.....

Any ideas here? Is this normal? Is there any workaround?

Thanks!
This issue is known to present with some TV models which can generally be resolved by placing an HDMI switch/splitter between the AVR and TV. You can also use an HDMI Detective as well.

https://www.amazon.com/GEFEN-EXT-HD-.../dp/B00MN3KKK2
guycarmeli likes this.
post #9352 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
We have a X3300 and we have 7 speakers available (in addition to two subwoofers) and I'm wondering what the best setup is for us.

Is it recommended to go for traditional 7.2 or is a setup of 5.2.2 (with two height speakers) better if the goal is to get the best sound quality and surround effects out of the available speakers?

The room is a living room with a width of about 4,5 meters and a length of about 7 meters. The ceiling height is 2.4 meters and the ceiling is flat. The ordinary surround speakers (not back) have to be mounted high up on the (side)walls due to windows on one side and a fireplace on the other.
The height speakers, if that's the best choice, will probably be mounted high in the corner of the front width of the room (or they can be mounted along the length of the room between the front speakers and the surrounds if that's better)

(I understand that these placements probably aren't ideal, but since this is our living room that's the way it's got to be and I seek advice out from these placements and not the ideal one)

I hope my questions are understandable, English is just a second language for me
Only you can decide which configuration you prefer the best so try it both ways and choose which you prefer.
Nordvest22 likes this.
post #9353 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Only you can decide which configuration you prefer the best so try it both ways and choose which you prefer.
Thanks for the answer!

I hoped there was some kind of consensus about what was the best

I would be interested in hearing what others have concluded with though
post #9354 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post
I and hooking up a Denon 4300H today and running a mono price monolith amp to power the LCR. There is a fitting called "signal ground" on both the amp and the recover. Do I need to hook this up and, if so, what kind of wire? Thanks in advance.

No those connections are not required and are not designed to be connected together.

If you were to connect a turntable then you would use one or possibly both of those connections (depending upon if any hum were present after connecting only the AVR).

- Jason
jjackkrash likes this.

HT = Epson HC3800 - BenQ HT3550 - Sony HW45ES @133" / Marantz SR6013 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" x2 / CV 15" / Panasonic UB820
Media Room = Sony 65x930e / Denon x3300 /Klipsch speakers /Velodyne subs /Sony x700 /PS4 Pro + PSVR/WiiU/PS3/360/Wii/ 2080 TI - 9900K PC / Multi-Arcade / Virtual Pinball TRE45ON
post #9355 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks for the answer!

I hoped there was some kind of consensus about what was the best

I would be interested in hearing what others have concluded with though

I think most would conclude that even a .2 overhead Atmos set-up is more immersive but you have consider how much Atmos content you'll be using before making the choice (vs 7.1).

Along with that it's also very possible that one of the two set-ups will have greater functionality regarding the room layout (proper location of the extra 2 speakers beyond 5.1).

As jd stated, only you can conclude what works best for your taste and your room.

- Jason
Nordvest22 likes this.

HT = Epson HC3800 - BenQ HT3550 - Sony HW45ES @133" / Marantz SR6013 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" x2 / CV 15" / Panasonic UB820
Media Room = Sony 65x930e / Denon x3300 /Klipsch speakers /Velodyne subs /Sony x700 /PS4 Pro + PSVR/WiiU/PS3/360/Wii/ 2080 TI - 9900K PC / Multi-Arcade / Virtual Pinball TRE45ON
post #9356 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
I think most would conclude that even a .2 overhead Atmos set-up is more immersive but you have consider how much Atmos content you'll be using before making the choice (vs 7.1).

Along with that it's also very possible that one of the two set-ups will have greater functionality regarding the room layout (proper location of the extra 2 speakers beyond 5.1).

As jd stated, only you can conclude what works best for your taste and your room.

- Jason
Thanks for the answer!

That sounds good, I'll try a Atmos setup if for nothing else to see what it's all about

We'll have to go for front height speakers, is Dolby Surround or DTS Neural X considered the best upmixer for 5.1 and music in such cases? Or are they more or less the same?
post #9357 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Liked: 2331
Ok, the new system is up and running!

Quick question, I have everything running through the receiver, but I use the apps in the TV for Netflix. I have the HDMI cable attached in ARC slot (audio return channel). How do I get the sound back through the receiver when I use the TV's apps? Do I really need to run an optical cable back to the receiver even with the ARC/HDMI cable?
post #9358 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Ted99 Yep, I think you were one of the original people who I read about regarding your 4 sub setup.

See you're in or around Houston. Hope your high and dry and safe. Us North Texas folks are thinking about you all down there and there's lots of organizing going on up here that's coming your way soon. My niece just left heading back to Conroe and they are helping out through their church as well. Just wanted to send some well wishes Houston's way.
Gary Bechtold and ahblaza like this.

post #9359 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Not if you don't hear anything after it's hooked up. 18AWG wire I believe is sufficient but I wouldn't mess with it unless again you hear something coming from either one. Mine are quiet as can be with no grounding wire.
bigapp and jjackkrash like this.

post #9360 of 17339 Old 09-04-2017, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Ok, the new system is up and running!

Quick question, I have everything running through the receiver, but I use the apps in the TV for Netflix. I have the HDMI cable attached in ARC slot (audio return channel). How do I get the sound back through the receiver when I use the TV's apps? Do I really need to run an optical cable back to the receiver even with the ARC/HDMI cable?
No, you just need to set your receiver to its TV Audio input, and then possibly enable ARC manually in the TV's setup interface.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page