The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 398 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281267Likes

post #11911 of 17361 Old 12-03-2017, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_M View Post
If you know your way through the menus you can see them on the front display of the receiver. I had to do this when I set one of the parameters to something that wouldn't display. It's much easier the first time to do the setup with a display. Another you can try is grab a spare computer monitor and plug the hdmi cable into that, then you can see the menus and do the setup then switch to the cable to the tv.
Thanks Bob. I am really getting lost with the setup menu on the receiver display, so based on your brilliant idea I tried connecting a Dell 2415 Monitor via my existing HDMI cables - again, there is no signal I was hoping that changing the device would solve this issue. What I am confounded about is that none of my HDMI cables are producing any image. These are good quality HDMI cables however they are all about 2+ years old, so I am not sure if they meet the current 4K standard.

When I shut off and restart the the Receiver, it cycles through the display of all current input modes etc briefly. For HDMI the msg reads D=None. On the other hand the displays are able to detect that HDMI is connected but display "No Signal"

I will try to get hold of a Premium cable and test again. I hope everything will be fine. My only (and greatest) concern is that this if this new receiver is defective then I should be able to ascertain that quickly as its going to be a long and painful process to return/exchange via Newegg's marketplace (reputable) seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
@starlights At 50ft you'll definitely want to give this a read.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/168-hd...topics/2834097
Thanks Madmax, I certainly will. I appreciate your posting the link.
Although my previous receiver works just fine, I bought this new 3300W with the hopes of setting up my projection system that used to work fine over a regular 50' HDMI connected directly from source with my previous receiver - the intention was to reduce excessive wire clutter via the new "HDMI" receivers - its turning out to be a more painful experience to adopt these new 4K standards than I ever anticipated, especially when I am not even using 4K displays.

Last edited by starlights; 12-03-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11912 of 17361 Old 12-03-2017, 08:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2173 Post(s)
Liked: 1708
Quote:
...In other words testing can't take into account all possible factors.
My point is only that an AVR is an active device just like an active cable. Attenuation losses happen in passive cables. So of course a marginal cable can be a problem and if the input signal is too far from nominal the HDMI receiver won't sync or sync reliably. If it does sync then any active device (AVR, cable, TV, Oppo 205) should produce a "perfect" regenerated/retimed output signal -- which then suffers attenuation in the next (passive) cable.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500H/LG C8
post #11913 of 17361 Old 12-03-2017, 08:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2264 Post(s)
Liked: 2568
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlights View Post
Although my previous receiver works just fine, I bought this new 3300W with the hopes of setting up my projection system that used to work fine over a regular 50' HDMI connected directly from source with my previous receiver - the intention was to reduce excessive wire clutter via the new "HDMI" receivers - its turning out to be a more painful experience to adopt these new 4K standards than I ever anticipated, especially when I am not even using 4K displays.
No problem buddy. Sorry you're having to deal with this and it is odd that you're not running anything 4K and your run is short like that and you're still having this problem. Makes me think something else is up but hopefully Monoprice gets those cables to you fairly quickly. You can definitely get a bad receiver out of the box but it's very low odds. Many times returns are checked for issues and passed on with no problem found so that's where this troubleshooting comes in before returning a working unit not working for some other external reason. I hope it's the cable but if not I'm sure your seller will make things right.
starlights likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11914 of 17361 Old 12-03-2017, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Bob. I am really getting lost with the setup menu on the receiver display, so based on your brilliant idea I tried connecting a Dell 2415 Monitor via my existing HDMI cables - again, there is no signal
I don't think your problem is related to 4K unless you have a 4K display. Since you tried shorter cables I don't think the problem is your cabling (although you shouldn't be trying to use a passive 50' cable for any HDMI connection).

So we're left with a hardware failure in a new AVR (which can happen) or a configuration error. I'd check the configuration first. Step one is: with no input connected (not inputs are off, not connected) and short (2-5m) cable between the AVR and the TV do you see the word DENON on your display. If not change the HDMI output port. Again for this step there should only be one cable connected to your Denon, the one to the TV.

It would also help to have the Denon app if the AVR is connected to your network and it can get an address.

post #11915 of 17361 Old 12-03-2017, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
My point is only that an AVR is an active device just like an active cable. Attenuation losses happen in passive cables. So of course a marginal cable can be a problem and if the input signal is too far from nominal the HDMI receiver won't sync or sync reliably. If it does sync then any active device (AVR, cable, TV, Oppo 205) should produce a "perfect" regenerated/retimed output signal -- which then suffers attenuation in the next (passive) cable.
Which is why I said thanks for the clarification. I used those 2 terms incorrectly but that doesn't show just because something "should" work a certain way that it "is" working that way. HDMI was always a solution to a problem that didn't exist. It got implemented mostly on the basis of the major film studios wanting tighter control over their physical media library using DRM not for added bandwidth. It has and always will be a flawed technology and the web is full of HDMI repeaters that do more than just passthrough.

https://nerdtechy.com/best-hdmi-sign...ifier-boosters

Your case would make better sense if not for the fact that most every poster who has had pass-through issues and then removed the AV receiver from the loop to troubleshoot has gotten the signal back. Then only by either adding active, PC cables or a repeater of some sort have they gotten the signal back WITH the receiver back in the loop. I'm not the smartest guy in the world but I did go to college and to me it doesn't take a scientist to figure things out from there. These same sentiments have come from both JD and Selden(our resident AV receiver guru's) as well. I don't personally have a degree in anything technical but I've been around enough technical people in my 22 year sales career to know that they don't even agree among themselves how things are supposed to work. You want to see a real cluster F ! Get 10 EE's in a room together and watch the sparks fly. Mine were mostly in telecom in my part of the country but the analogy still stands. I'm not knocking engineers by the way. Some of the best people I know and best customers I had over the years were engineers but brother... They couldn't agree on the color of the sky let alone the "pure" passthrough abilities of an AV receivers HDMI chipset.

I want to thank you for the conversation here and I genuinely appreciate your feedback on this but I am getting behind in what I enjoy doing which is helping people troubleshoot their AV gear. I did custom ROM support for Android devices on XDA developers for a few years for fun but the folks here are more appreciative and helpful at the same time and I love to learn as I teach. Appreciate the lesson and stay warm up there. I miss the food but not the weather.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #11916 of 17361 Old 12-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Thanks Bob. I am really getting lost with the setup menu on the receiver display, so based on your brilliant idea I tried connecting a Dell 2415 Monitor via my existing HDMI cables - again, there is no signal

When I shut off and restart the the Receiver, it cycles through the display of all current input modes etc briefly. For HDMI the msg reads D=None. On the other hand the displays are able to detect that HDMI is connected but display "No Signal"

Have you tried resetting the AVR; instructions in the first few posts of this thread.
post #11917 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon 2.1 Netflix sound mode

Hi,

I recently got a Denon X1300 with a 2.1 setup. I had some questions about the sound mode settings and the manual wasn't clear. If I'm streaming from Netflix via chromecast there are several different options such as Stereo, Dolby Surround, Multi Ch Stereo, Matrix, Virtual etc. If I only have a 2.1 setup is simple Stereo the best choice?

Additionally, Netflix defaults to sending audio as 5.1, however I can switch the audio to stereo. I noticed that dialogue is much louder and more clear if I select stereo rather than 5.1 from Netflix. I'm guessing this is because the dialogue should be going to a center speaker that I don't have. I thought the receiver would recognize that I only have a 2.1 setup and convert the 5.1 to 2.1, is this not correct or it just isn't doing a good job compared to just selecting stereo in the Netflix app?

Thanks
post #11918 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 02:46 AM

Quote:
I don't think your problem is related to 4K unless you have a 4K display. Since you tried shorter cables I don't think the problem is your cabling (although you shouldn't be trying to use a passive 50' cable for any HDMI connection).

So we're left with a hardware failure in a new AVR (which can happen) or a configuration error. I'd check the configuration first. Step one is: with no input connected (not inputs are off, not connected) and short (2-5m) cable between the AVR and the TV do you see the word DENON on your display. If not change the HDMI output port. Again for this step there should only be one cable connected to your Denon, the one to the TV.

It would also help to have the Denon app if the AVR is connected to your network and it can get an address.
@bodosom : I concur. Using a short (6') top quality HDMI cable to test/and setup the AVR should have produced a picture on a 1080P TV. I cannot imagine that everyone who bought one of these had to go through so much trouble to set it up.

When I was unsuccessfully trying to set up the AVR, I did try removing all inputs to the AVR with just the HDMI output - first from Z1 and then Z2. There was no display at all ("No Signal" on TV / "HDMI D = None" on AVR). Additionally I tried multiple HDMI cables all of which worked when connected directly to the source and TV. Furthermore, I ran the Audessey setup via front panel and could see the receiver only finding FR/C/FL speakers and skipping the RR/RL/SW. However it was very difficult to figure out why without the onscreen (TV) display so I didn't press forward.

As suggested, I will try to connect the App, however at this time I strongly suspect AVR problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairy View Post
Have you tried resetting the AVR; instructions in the first few posts of this thread.
@blairy :I did. I reset the AVR even before asking for help here and then again a couple of times afterwards. Didn't help at all - No signal whatsoever on the TV or the Dell monitor. Not even the DENON splash screen...

Quote:
No problem buddy. Sorry you're having to deal with this and it is odd that you're not running anything 4K and your run is short like that and you're still having this problem. Makes me think something else is up but hopefully Monoprice gets those cables to you fairly quickly. You can definitely get a bad receiver out of the box but it's very low odds. Many times returns are checked for issues and passed on with no problem found so that's where this troubleshooting comes in before returning a working unit not working for some other external reason. I hope it's the cable but if not I'm sure your seller will make things right.
@Madmax67 : Thank you! I considered myself as reasonably advanced with AV stuff but this glitch has me completely stumped. I have a feeling in the end it will turn out to be a bad AVR and nothing else. I routinely setup/configure/troubleshoot advanced firewall and IDPS devices following a logical step-by-step approach and I followed the same process here multiple times to no avail...

I haven't yet ordered the monoprice premium HDMI because they don't have the length I need. But I don't see why I should need a premium 6' cable just to connect to a non 4K display - surely AVR Video signal cannot be so weak that it doesn't display over 6' good/properly working HDMI cable(s). Not only will it add additional 4-5 days delay in reporting a bad AVR but also wasted money on something I dont need. I already have good quality (not specifically premium certified) HDMI cables in 25' & 35' that I wanted to test with the AVR before outlaying additional money on yet another HDMI cable...... Is there any specific setting that enables/disables HDMI output on the AVR?

Guys - thank you all for stepping in to help. I appreciate it very much. If you have any additional suggestions then feel free to advise.

Last edited by starlights; 12-04-2017 at 03:00 AM.
post #11919 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Thanks Bob. I am really getting lost with the setup menu on the receiver display, so based on your brilliant idea I tried connecting a Dell 2415 Monitor via my existing HDMI cables - again, there is no signal I was hoping that changing the device would solve this issue. What I am confounded about is that none of my HDMI cables are producing any image. These are good quality HDMI cables however they are all about 2+ years old, so I am not sure if they meet the current 4K standard.

I will try to get hold of a Premium cable and test again. I hope everything will be fine. My only (and greatest) concern is that this if this new receiver is defective then I should be able to ascertain that quickly as its going to be a long and painful process to return/exchange via Newegg's marketplace (reputable) seller.

Try putting an hdmi splitter between the avr and display, many have had to do that to get around hdcp handshake issues. You can find them on amazon for $25-50 depending on if you need 4k or not.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
Madmax67 likes this.
post #11920 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjmc99 View Post
Try putting an hdmi splitter between the avr and display, many have had to do that to get around hdcp handshake issues. You can find them on amazon for $25-50 depending on if you need 4k or not.

Thanks for the idea!
thats an option I can try as I have one laying around from my previous setup.

However, if that is required to run this AVR in my setup then I think I will simply return it back for a refund....
post #11921 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
@bodosom : I concur. Using a short (6') top quality HDMI cable to test/and setup the AVR should have produced a picture on a 1080P TV. I cannot imagine that everyone who bought one of these had to go through so much trouble to set it up.

When I was unsuccessfully trying to set up the AVR, I did try removing all inputs to the AVR with just the HDMI output - first from Z1 and then Z2. There was no display at all ("No Signal" on TV / "HDMI D = None" on AVR). Additionally I tried multiple HDMI cables all of which worked when connected directly to the source and TV. Furthermore, I ran the Audessey setup via front panel and could see the receiver only finding FR/C/FL speakers and skipping the RR/RL/SW. However it was very difficult to figure out why without the onscreen (TV) display so I didn't press forward.

As suggested, I will try to connect the App, however at this time I strongly suspect AVR problems.

@blairy :I did. I reset the AVR even before asking for help here and then again a couple of times afterwards. Didn't help at all - No signal whatsoever on the TV or the Dell monitor. Not even the DENON splash screen...

@Madmax67 : Thank you! I considered myself as reasonably advanced with AV stuff but this glitch has me completely stumped. I have a feeling in the end it will turn out to be a bad AVR and nothing else. I routinely setup/configure/troubleshoot advanced firewall and IDPS devices following a logical step-by-step approach and I followed the same process here multiple times to no avail...

I haven't yet ordered the monoprice premium HDMI because they don't have the length I need. But I don't see why I should need a premium 6' cable just to connect to a non 4K display - surely AVR Video signal cannot be so weak that it doesn't display over 6' good/properly working HDMI cable(s). Not only will it add additional 4-5 days delay in reporting a bad AVR but also wasted money on something I dont need. I already have good quality (not specifically premium certified) HDMI cables in 25' & 35' that I wanted to test with the AVR before outlaying additional money on yet another HDMI cable...... Is there any specific setting that enables/disables HDMI output on the AVR?

Guys - thank you all for stepping in to help. I appreciate it very much. If you have any additional suggestions then feel free to advise.
I agree, your problems are probably not due to your cables. I recently upgraded my AVR to an X4300 and am using my 7 year old HDMI cables no problem. I have no 4k sources or displays. I just set the new receiver on top of the old receiver, moved each cable to the new plug, turned it on and everything worked. Sorry you are having so much difficulty, I'd look at shipping that turkey back.
post #11922 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Your case would make better sense
Obviously I've been unclear. Sorry about that.

post #11923 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If things are as you describe it's a hardware fault. The point of running with no connected inputs is to check HDMI without any input device complications. If you don't get the logo or setup screen with nothing connected after a reset then there are no external source EDID/HDCP problems. I'd also advise a return.
starlights likes this.

post #11924 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2081 Post(s)
Liked: 4209
Quote:
Thanks for the idea!

However, if that is required to run this AVR in my setup then I think I will simply return it back for a refund....
Yes, make sure you make a decision while you're in the return window, I'm pretty sure Newegg is not an authorized dealer for Denon, and Denon will not honor the warranty.
starlights likes this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #11925 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22770 Post(s)
Liked: 12419
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Yes, make sure you make a decision while you're in the return window, I'm pretty sure Newegg is not an authorized dealer for Denon, and Denon will not honor the warranty.
Correct, which is why a few years back, instead of selling direct to the customer, Newegg started using "authorized" dealers acting only as the middle man just as Amazon does when not direct selling the units.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #11926 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post

I bought it through Electronics Expo, a NE marketplace seller that claims to be Denon Authorized.

Anyway, I just got done speaking with both NE & EE. EE is sending me a Return Label to ship it back, however they do not currently have a replacement unit in stock and are not sure if they will get anymore so it may just be a return for refund. Not complaining but I just hope it doesn't take months before I see my refund (or a replacement). What a nightmare!

Now it appears I will be back to square one with regards to receivers and may have to shelve building my Projection Theater for a while...... Any other good, comparable receivers you guys think I should look at (apart from 3400)?
I don't really care about any fancy features, just need decent sound for 5.1 & HDMI passthrough to make wiring simpler. Convenience features such as Audessey are great to have but don't really care about the other connectivity and online stuff..... Will be driving my good old B&W 602s3 / 601s3 along with BW Center and PB12+2 sub.
drh3b likes this.

Last edited by starlights; 12-04-2017 at 11:05 AM.
post #11927 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Obviously I've been unclear. Sorry about that.
No, you've been more than clear sir. I just don't necessarily agree with the conclusion. My father was an electrician in the Navy and I followed him around the house as a kid helping him rewire our rental apt and home over the years and I do most all of my homes electrical wiring currently so I've got a basic working knowledge of electrical. I've also disassembled about every computer and mobile device I've owned over the years and replaced CPU's, motherboards, crashed hard drives etc.. and I like to read incessantly as ignorance isn't a look I like wearing. Don't beat yourself up about not being clear as you've been crystal.

post #11928 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@starlights No,I don't believe it's your cable either. The link was for your long run in the future. Setup-> inputs-> input assign on your remote to change which input goes to which source. Sounds like you're troubleshooting the patient well. At some point you'll need to stop CPR though.

post #11929 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 12:23 PM

You are right - there is only so much CPR one can do "I Give Up"
I appreciate the link to the HDMI Cable Tests, I have saved a copy on my computer and will be sure to refer to it before I decide to move forward with any more HDMI cables.

Thanks very much to everyone who stepped in to help. I will be back once this issue is resolved to ask more setup questions. Its just a pity that I couldn't even listen to this receiver in action.
post #11930 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You are right - there is only so much CPR one can do "I Give Up"
I appreciate the link to the HDMI Cable Tests, I have saved a copy on my computer and will be sure to refer to it before I decide to move forward with any more HDMI cables.

Thanks very much to everyone who stepped in to help. I will be back once this issue is resolved to ask more setup questions. Its just a pity that I couldn't even listen to this receiver in action.
Man, I hate that. That was my biggest fear when ordering my Denon X4300H was getting a defective model. It was fine and I've never had a bad receiver yet but it does happen. Just sucks it had to happen to you. I'd go for another X3400H personally. It has the best version of Audyssey, low frequency contain, 32 bit DAC ,HEOS(which I love) plus some added features for troubleshooting along with user selectable HDMI modes(standard and enhanced.) The 2016 models make that switch automatically. My last Denon went for 12 years before I looked to replace it and it still works perfect. No HDMI on it though.

post #11931 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Man, I hate that. That was my biggest fear when ordering my Denon X4300H was getting a defective model. It was fine and I've never had a bad receiver yet but it does happen. Just sucks it had to happen to you. I'd go for another X3400H personally. It has the best version of Audyssey, low frequency contain, 32 bit DAC ,HEOS(which I love) plus some added features for troubleshooting along with user selectable HDMI modes(standard and enhanced.) The 2016 models make that switch automatically. My last Denon went for 12 years before I looked to replace it and it still works perfect. No HDMI on it though.
As I had suspected, they don't have any more in stock (discontinued) so they can only process a refund not replacement. They did however offer me the 3400 for some additional money (cheaper than Amazons current price) but I suspect I can do better (price wise) if I wait bit longer... we still have Christmas ahead of us. Or, maybe its not time yet and I should reinstall my older Denon with no HDMI (2005 model) that continues to work fine....and crawl back under my rock

Last edited by starlights; 12-04-2017 at 04:03 PM.
post #11932 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 04:24 PM

One other question - Is 2400H too much of a step down from 3300/3400?
My needs are simple, Just for watching movies once or twice in a week in the basement - all i need is multi input HDMI passthrough to connect different components without excessive wiring. Running 5.1 with B&W 602s. Heavy lifting for bass will be done by my SVS PB12 Plus2. Nearly no music.

I have Rotel Separates as my main music system, although there is almost no time to listen to music nowadays.
post #11933 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
As I had suspected, they don't have any more in stock (discontinued) so they can only process a refund not replacement. They did however offer me the 3400 for some additional money (cheaper than Amazons current price) but I suspect I can do better (price wise) if I wait bit longer... we still have Christmas ahead of us. Or, maybe its not time yet and I should reinstall my older Denon with no HDMI (2005 model) that continues to work fine....and crawl back under my rock
Yeah, sorry I forgot you had the X3300 model. You might give JD a call as he's an authorized Denon dealer. I just put my old Denon 2805 up in my attic. I like all the modern features on the newer receivers though but it is more that can go wrong as well. Least we have JD to help us through it all. I would have bought mine from him but they ran out of that model by the time I made my mind up to buy. Bummer because he gives even more personal support to his own buyers as well he should. Good luck with your setup.
starlights likes this.

post #11934 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
You might give JD a call as he's an authorized Denon dealer. At Least we have JD to help us through it all.
Thanks! I was not aware. I just sent him a PM requesting for advice and quotes on 3300/3400/2400 & 930H.
post #11935 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks! I was not aware. I just sent him a PM requesting for advice and quotes on 3300/3400/2400 & 930H.
Good deal. JD's the man.
muzz and jjackkrash like this.

post #11936 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Hello, All,

I just got an AVR-X1300w for a killer price on Black Friday and was researching the unit and am confused as to whether or not the late August 2017 FW update included DV passthrough or not...

I randomly ran through the thread; however, was hoping someone might know as i can't find anything from Denon that says what was in the update, which I am getting ready to do.

Thanks, in advance, for any replies.

Ptree:

Sometimes, it's only afterwards, I find that I'm not there.
post #11937 of 17361 Old 12-04-2017, 11:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsis View Post
Hello, All,

I just got an AVR-X1300w for a killer price on Black Friday and was researching the unit and am confused as to whether or not the late August 2017 FW update included DV passthrough or not...

I randomly ran through the thread; however, was hoping someone might know as i can't find anything from Denon that says what was in the update, which I am getting ready to do.

Thanks, in advance, for any replies.
Post six on the first page addresses firmware
robsis and Madmax67 like this.
post #11938 of 17361 Old 12-05-2017, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What would be the lowest 2016 Atmos enabled model that can show GUI over 4k signal from PC?
post #11939 of 17361 Old 12-05-2017, 03:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairy View Post
Post six on the first page addresses firmware
@blairy : Thank you. I read the first few posts, then started skipping forward. Thanks, again, for the education/information.

Ptree:

Sometimes, it's only afterwards, I find that I'm not there.
post #11940 of 17361 Old 12-05-2017, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Thanks for the idea!

It's too bad you have to send the unit back, I would say that the majority of this thread is filled with hdcp / hdmi handshake issues. HDCP just needs to go away, it can be defeated by a $20 device and is pointless for the most part. If somebody wants to record and hdmi stream they will be able to do so with little effort. Removing HDCP from the hdmi spec would remove many issues for quite a large user base.

Madmax67 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page