The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 472 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281176Likes

post #14131 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
I suppose the salient phrase is 'decent surge protector'. It's difficult to get past the marketing hype to find those.
Tripp-Lite Isobar. Read the specs.
ahblaza and red_dobe like this.

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14132 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlocc View Post
1. Yep that cannot happen, so that rules that out. I cannot cut the back out of the shelf.
You could still fit the 3300 but you would have to skip banana plugs and connect the speaker wires directly to the binding posts. Or use a "right-angle" banana plug?
Madmax67 likes this.

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
post #14133 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Changing countries

hi,

i took my denon x3300w from canada to america.
it seems to be setup for canadian online stations etc.

how do i change the country to america without doing a full factory reset?

i tried doing a network reset, but that didn't allow me to change the country.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14134 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 50
So I haven't posted here in a while, but I just ran into a problem with my receiver.

I have a Denon X3300, and everything had worked great since I set it up. I've been watching a lot of Netflix from the TV, so it had been a while since I went to my Cable source which is connected to AT&T Uverse. But I went to that source the other day, and for some reason I'm not getting any audio from it, but I get video. All of my other sources work fine. My Xbox 1S works fine for movies and games, and the TV source works fine with audio and video for my TV apps and using USB drives and stuff.

So basically, I don't have a clue why all of a sudden I don't have any audio just for that one source. I have a 2016 LG C6 Oled if that helps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Television -- 65" LG Oled C6
Multimedia -- Xbox One S
Receiver -- Denon X3300
Front Speakers -- Pioneer Elite Atmos SP-EBS73, Pioneer Elite Center SP=EC73
Surrounds -- Pioneer SP-BS22
post #14135 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Nope. You're good changing individual speaker levels without affecting Audyssey's EQ.
Thanks for the help. When I first tried checking my level I didn't even hear the subs and the other speakers sounded quiet. Then I remember reading or seeing in a video that when setting levels the volume should be around 75db. I turned it up and finally heard the subs. Now to adjust the subs so that I can finally hear them but not annoy my parents at night when we watch a movie.
post #14136 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymerkramer View Post
From the X800 manual. “To enjoy Bitstream (Dolby/DTS) signals, set [BD Audio MIX Setting] to [Off] and [Digital Audio Output] to [Auto”
This should fix it for you.
This did the trick. I appreciate the help.

Def Tech BP7001SC mains; Def Tech CLR3000 Center; Def Tech BPX Side Surrounds; Def Tech SR9040 Back Surrounds; SVS SB-2000 sub; Def Tech PM1000 Atmos Heights; Denon AVR-X4300H Receiver; Sony STR-DA2ES utilized as external amplifier for atmos heights; Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma; Sony UBP-X800 Bluray Player; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Premiere+
post #14137 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
You could still fit the 3300 but you would have to skip banana plugs and connect the speaker wires directly to the binding posts. Or use a "right-angle" banana plug?
Those right angle Bannaplugs look much larger than the Deadbolts I mentioned though.
post #14138 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Those right angle Bannaplugs look much larger than the Deadbolts I mentioned though.
To me the Deadbolts look like they would protrude behind the jacks on the receiver by a distance about three times the diameter of their body or about 0.75". The Monoprice right-angles look like they turn the corner in about the same distance as their width, maybe 0.25".

What we need is someone who can tell us how far they extend behind the jacks. If less than 0.5" you should be able to use them. Does anybody have these in actual use (jd?)

Alternate: extend the speaker jacks with wire inserted inside the existing jacks and reaching elsewhere inside the cabinet, and put banana jacks on the ends of that. Then you could plug in any banana plug you want and still be able to move the cabinet when needed.

Alternate 2: solder the speaker wire to a short piece of bare #14 solid copper and put the #14 inside the cross-hole in the existing jacks. Very secure connection and no chance of stranded wire wandering around and causing a short, no added plugs to come loose.
Madmax67 likes this.

post #14139 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
Quote:
To me the Deadbolts look like they would protrude behind the jacks on the receiver by a distance about three times the diameter of their body or about 0.75". (snip)
I checked. From the front shoulder to the rear of the plug, it's nearly 1".

Alternatives to banana plugs:

Sewell Deadbolt spade lugs: https://sewelldirect.com/sewell-dead...-plugs-6-pack-

pin plugs: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-109...ords=pin+plugs
Madmax67 likes this.

Last edited by bobknavs; 03-19-2018 at 02:41 PM.
post #14140 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 2449 Post(s)
Liked: 3384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
I own a Denon X6300H. My previous receiver was an Onkyo and it had a feature that let me listen to a test tone for an individual speaker. Worked great if I wanted to make my subs sound louder. With my Denon I don't see something like that. Is there a way for me to play a test tone just to my subs so that I know what level they are now and what I want to raise the level too? I would like to increase the bass but would like to not just blindly choose a volume.
If you've already run room REQ, in order to get each speaker at the output level of 75 dB at the LP, the MV needs to be at 0dB. This applies if you want to calibrate your speakers manually as well. Onkyo's played the test tones at 75 dB regardless of the MV setting.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #14141 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
I checked. From the front shoulder to the rear of the plug, it's nearly 1".

Alternatives to banana plugs:

Sewell Deadbolt spade lugs: https://sewelldirect.com/sewell-dead...-plugs-6-pack-

pin plugs: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-109...ords=pin+plugs
Thanks for measuring .

Quote:
To me the Deadbolts look like they would protrude behind the jacks on the receiver by a distance about three times the diameter of their body or about 0.75". The Monoprice right-angles look like they turn the corner in about the same distance as their width, maybe 0.25".

What we need is someone who can tell us how far they extend behind the jacks. If less than 0.5" you should be able to use them. Does anybody have these in actual use (jd?)

Alternate: extend the speaker jacks with wire inserted inside the existing jacks and reaching elsewhere inside the cabinet, and put banana jacks on the ends of that. Then you could plug in any banana plug you want and still be able to move the cabinet when needed.

Alternate 2: solder the speaker wire to a short piece of bare #14 solid copper and put the #14 inside the cross-hole in the existing jacks. Very secure connection and no chance of stranded wire wandering around and causing a short, no added plugs to come loose.
Looks like Right angle it is, I looked at the monoprices, would rather metal plugs, But I found some!

However that leads us to a new issue. Do you have a x3300? I am now curious about the actual metal cabinet length. If I go flush with the doors on the sides (so longer than the shelf is above it) I can go 16.5 inches I still have to fit HDMI cables back there.
post #14142 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1977 Post(s)
Liked: 2291
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.s View Post
Not what Denon says:Linky

There are also remote commands to control the trigger(s), both IR and IP. If you have a Linux box, this should do it (use the address for your's, obviously):
Code:
echo "TR1 ON" | telnet 172.31.31.31
echo "TR1 OFF" | telnet 172.31.31.31
Good to know. Thanks.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #14143 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
Quote:
Thanks for measuring .

Looks like Right angle it is, I looked at the monoprices, would rather metal plugs, But I found some!

However that leads us to a new issue. Do you have a x3300? I am now curious about the actual metal cabinet length. If I go flush with the doors on the sides (so longer than the shelf is above it) I can go 16.5 inches I still have to fit HDMI cables back there.
Not me. The downloadable manual gives some specs.

I've attached an excerpt. Hope that it's what you need.

There are also right-angled HDMI connectors. Not sure whether you can get premium certified cables that way, though. Maybe getting right angled adapters would be safer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3300w.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	2377756  

Last edited by bobknavs; 03-19-2018 at 09:43 PM.
post #14144 of 16993 Old 03-19-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
Quote:
Thanks for measuring [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG].

Not me. The downloadable manual gives some specs.

I've attached an excerpt. Hope that it's what you need.

There are also right-angled HDMI connectors. Not sure whether you can get premium certified cables that way, though. Maybe getting right angled adapters would be safer.
I actually seen that a few hours ago. It's very helpful.

I was talking about measuring of the plugs, you said they were 1"?
post #14145 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 692 Post(s)
Quoted: 21884 Post(s)
Liked: 11863
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalermo View Post
So I haven't posted here in a while, but I just ran into a problem with my receiver.

I have a Denon X3300, and everything had worked great since I set it up. I've been watching a lot of Netflix from the TV, so it had been a while since I went to my Cable source which is connected to AT&T Uverse. But I went to that source the other day, and for some reason I'm not getting any audio from it, but I get video. All of my other sources work fine. My Xbox 1S works fine for movies and games, and the TV source works fine with audio and video for my TV apps and using USB drives and stuff.

So basically, I don't have a clue why all of a sudden I don't have any audio just for that one source. I have a 2016 LG C6 Oled if that helps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Could just be an HDMI handshake issue. Power off the AVR and Uverse and unplug their respective power cords and HDMI cable that connects them for 10 minutes. Reconnect and power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, Uverse.
post #14146 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 04:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I just hooked up a 4300 and I am trying to get the video pass through to work. On my onkyo the sat video and audio would pass through when it was off. Then when I turned the receiver on the video would pass through and the receiver would play the sound. Playing with the Denon, I can’t get it to work like that. I got the video side to work but, The sound either passes through all the time, weather on or off, or will not pass through when the receiver is on. So just asking if this is possible and what settings to do it.
Thanks
Allen
post #14147 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekPM19 View Post
I just hooked up a 4300 and I am trying to get the video pass through to work. On my onkyo the sat video and audio would pass through when it was off. Then when I turned the receiver on the video would pass through and the receiver would play the sound. Playing with the Denon, I can’t get it to work like that. I got the video side to work but, The sound either passes through all the time, weather on or off, or will not pass through when the receiver is on. So just asking if this is possible and what settings to do it.
Thanks
Allen
The factory default setting for Standby Pass through is the CBL/SAT source (p. 190 Owner's manual).
ahblaza likes this.
post #14148 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Actually the Monoprice plugs are metal. The plastic you see is just an insulating cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MonopriceRightAngleBanana.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	2377952  

post #14149 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Anyone know what the max temperature in a cabinet should be for the reciever? I have a fan with a temperature controller that has an alarm, and am trying to figure out what I should set it at.

Denon X4300H; Sony XBR75 900E; Definitive Technology RLS-II/DI 5.5LCR/DI 5.5R; NHT SW12
post #14150 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The factory default setting for Standby Pass through is the CBL/SAT source (p. 190 Owner's manual).
Yea I saw that and I set it up to where the video and audio passed through to my projector speakers. Then when I fired up the system to watch a movie the next night the sound from a different input was coming through my tv and not my receiver. I had to go back in and select avr under cable/sat input to get it to play through the receiver. So I thought maybe I am missing a setting I need to do.
Thanks
Allen
post #14151 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yea I saw that and I set it up to where the video and audio passed through to my projector speakers. Then when I fired up the system to watch a movie the next night the sound from a different input was coming through my tv and not my receiver. I had to go back in and select avr under cable/sat input to get it to play through the receiver. So I thought maybe I am missing a setting I need to do.
Thanks
Allen
There is no reason to change the <HDMI Audio Out> setting from the factory default of "AVR" (unless there are no speakers connected to the AVR) as that only applies when the AVR is powered ON.
ahblaza likes this.
post #14152 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 51
What are the best "night mode" settings to use on the x4300h? Should I just drop the sound to 2 channel stereo when I want to avoid annoying the other folks in my building?

LG B7 65", PS4 Pro, Switch, Roku Premiere+, Samsung K8500, Sennheiser RS185
Denon X4400H, RSL CG23+CG3, Onkyo SKH-410, Emotiva BasX8 (5.1.4)
post #14153 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil of OLED View Post
What are the best "night mode" settings to use on the x4300h? Should I just drop the sound to 2 channel stereo when I want to avoid annoying the other folks in my building?
As you can see I am far from the expert here but I think dynamic EQ is suppose to help with low volume.
Allen
post #14154 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
There is no reason to change the <HDMI Audio Out> setting from the factory default of "AVR" (unless there are no speakers connected to the AVR) as that only applies when the AVR is powered ON.
Thanks that is what I thought too. I will look at it again tonight it may have been a handshake issue where I powered off the receiver which is in between the to. I think the other night I powered everything off and then turned the pro/sat back on and it worked.
Allen
post #14155 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil of OLED View Post
Dynamic EQ "boosts" the bass/surround audio so is not the mode you want to use, rather instead use Dynamic Volume (start with Medium) which will boost the lower level dialog and compress the louder explosions. The X4300H also features Audyssey LFC which will help to compress the lower frequencies passed to the sub without impacting the higher frequencies passed to the sub.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #14156 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Dynamic EQ "boosts" the bass/surround audio so is not the mode you want to use, rather instead use Dynamic Volume (start with Medium) which will boost the lower level dialog and compress the louder explosions. The X4300H also features Audyssey LFC which will help to compress the lower frequencies passed to the sub without impacting the higher frequencies passed to the sub.
Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know. I had a blast watching Interstellar on a 4K disc with DTS-HD + Neural:X, but I had to keep shifting the volume around to the balance the dialogue with the huge sound effects.
post #14157 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone tell me the model number of the microphone for the X1300? ours was tossed I guess. thanks
post #14158 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Denon 4300h owner here...I was having trouble getting airplay and mirroring to work.

When I would check the internet connection (hardwired) the Denon just shows a spinning “loading” symbol on the screen. Same thing happened when using Wi-Fi.

I read about network reset, I couldn’t get the technique to work that is in my owners manual (holding the dimmer button and right arrow).

I came across a post where someone said to turn off the receiver, hold the up arrow and the down arrow while turning the receiver back on.

This did nothing, even worse, the stereo would not turn on. Just a steady red light from the receiver power light, other than that it was completely dead.

I pulled the plug from the wall, waited a while and plugged it back in.

Airplay and mirroring worked after I turned the receiver back on.

However, the receiver kept displaying“No Network Connection,” even though everything was working as it should...??

I unplugged the Ethernet cord and connected it to via Wi-Fi, finally got “no network connection” to disappear and things seems to be working for.....now.

I am nearing the end of my warranty and would rather, obviously have this issue fixed while it is covered by Denon.

Do you think the issue is resolved? Any recommendations?

Can u put a claim in with Denon documenting the issue to protect if it reoccurs down the line?

Thanks in advance.
post #14159 of 16993 Old 03-20-2018, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
If you've already run room REQ, in order to get each speaker at the output level of 75 dB at the LP, the MV needs to be at 0dB. This applies if you want to calibrate your speakers manually as well. Onkyo's played the test tones at 75 dB regardless of the MV setting.
Yeah I realized that I made a mistake after I posted that. I found the article and read it again and it said 0db, OOPS. I had already run Audyssey when I first set it up. My issue was when running Audyssey it said my subs were initially too loud and to turn them down. Then after I ran it they seemed to be a little weak to me. My old Onkyo would let me listen to a test tone to each individual speaker and I didn't know how to do that with the Denon. I didn't realize that with Denon you had to set the master volume before checking the speakers manually. Now that I know my mistake I can fix this and my subs will finally sound better.
ahblaza and blatz8 like this.
post #14160 of 16993 Old 03-21-2018, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks
Allen
Quote:
Thanks
Allen

Quote:
As you can see I am far from the expert here but I think dynamic EQ is suppose to help with low volume.
Allen

My problem is a hand shake problem, when I turn the receiver off the projector and the direct tv will pass the video but want pass the sound. If I power the projector and direct tv off and back on, no problems. I just never had this with the Onkyo receiver. No big deal though I really like the sound from the 4300.

Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page