The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 511 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281256Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #15301 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
Johnny Angell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 15
How hot should the X4300H get on the top of the receiver? Mine gets quite hot. I can leave my hand on it, but it’s uncomfortable.
Johnny Angell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15302 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 27,701
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2200 Post(s)
Liked: 1457
Put it in ECO mode and look at getting an AC Infinity cooling fan.

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-R...ac+infinity+s8
mike1sc and Madmax67 like this.

Afro GT
afrogt is online now  
post #15303 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SBuger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,375
Mentioned: 376 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Liked: 4212
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmd1 View Post
I have the X6300H and Updated last night and now my atmos and DTSX files won't play in dolby atmos and I get no sound from the DTSX files.I did test an Atmos UHD Disc and atmos played fine,So did the DTSX UHD Disc,So I guess I can't get Atmos or DTSX from files on a usb drive.
Yuk, that sucks! I guess I’ll be avoiding this update then, as I’ve got the 6300H as well and have a lot of my movie collection for Atmos and DTS:X in MKV format that I play on an external USB drive through my Oppo player.

I almost installed the update the other day but decided to do it later. Glad I didn't do it. Thanks for the heads up!

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room on Suspended Floor | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.7.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB | Eyes 6.5' to 120" 16:9 AT Seymour Screen | Oppo 203 | Xbox 1X | Apple TV4K | 6x 18" Sealed Subs w/3x VNF | Subwoofer Riser w/6x JBL-12s | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | MiniDSP 10x10HD
SBuger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15304 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Member
 
gambler52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Chatham, Illinois
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
Put it in ECO mode and look at getting an AC Infinity cooling fan.

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-R...ac+infinity+s8
Got one of these about a month ago, works great.

LG OLED 55C7
Denon AVR-X2300
Apple TV 4K
Channel Master OTA DVR
DirectTv Now Streaming Box (Beta), Phillips Blu-Ray 7502
gambler52 is offline  
post #15305 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 
JackReilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseburg, Oregon
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post
How hot should the X4300H get on the top of the receiver? Mine gets quite hot. I can leave my hand on it, but it’s uncomfortable.

I have a very restricted "rack", as in 1/4" on the sides and 1/2" on the top and bottom. I decided to test the temp on top of the
Denon during a high volume movie(running 7.1.4 setup). At a volume setting of mid seventy's, I got a constant 118 degrees during
the whole movie.
I'm going to get an Airplate T7 to mount in the back and pull some room air through just to help bring down the temp, but 118 is not
a super high number.

Vizio P75-F1, Denon AVR X4300H 7.1.4, Oppo 203, Panasonic UB820
Atlantic Technology THX speakers: System 20 LCR, System 20 SR,
IW-155SR's, IC-6 OBA, 272 PBM Sub, Kordz and PixelGen cables
JackReilly is offline  
post #15306 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Senior Member
 
dvdmd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Yuk, that sucks! I guess I’ll be avoiding this update then, as I’ve got the 6300H as well and have a lot of my movie collection for Atmos and DTS:X in MKV format that I play on an external USB drive through my Oppo player.

I almost installed the update the other day but decided to do it later. Glad I didn't do it. Thanks for the heads up!
I tried my Atmos and DTSX files on my usb Drive and now everything works fine again.Got my DTSX and Atmos working again.I just had to shut down the receiver and turn it back on.Thank god !!! The upmixers work as well,Dolby and dts
SBuger and ahblaza like this.
dvdmd1 is online now  
post #15307 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bommai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 5,420
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by blatz8 View Post
I agree. I recently removed my Emotiva XPA-3 from my setup and I let my AVRX4300H run everything. Honestly, I think it sounds better without the Emotiva. Strange I know, but I now have the Emotiva up for sale. Cheers.

I don’t know. Music is so subjective. I recently compared my 4300 direct to my JBL 590s vs sending it through my old nad t763 (used as just a power amp) and found the nad to be slightly better. So I left it like that. It will also come in handy when I install the atmos speakers soon. I can assign the denon amps to the atmos speakers instead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bommai is offline  
post #15308 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
Johnny Angell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
Put it in ECO mode and look at getting an AC Infinity cooling fan.

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-R...ac+infinity+s8
That’s kind of pricy, I was thinking of this set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ6VNII...v_ov_lig_dp_it

What does eco mode do? Does it effect performance?
Johnny Angell is offline  
post #15309 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Johnny Angell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
Put it in ECO mode and look at getting an AC Infinity cooling fan.

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-R...ac+infinity+s8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackReilly View Post
I have a very restricted "rack", as in 1/4" on the sides and 1/2" on the top and bottom. I decided to test the temp on top of the
Denon during a high volume movie(running 7.1.4 setup). At a volume setting of mid seventy's, I got a constant 118 degrees during
the whole movie.
I'm going to get an Airplate T7 to mount in the back and pull some room air through just to help bring down the temp, but 118 is not
a super high number.
It would appear my receiver isn’t abnormally hot, which is good to know. Thanks for the info.
Johnny Angell is offline  
post #15310 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,000
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2249 Post(s)
Liked: 2546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post
That’s kind of pricy, I was thinking of this set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ6VNII...v_ov_lig_dp_it

What does eco mode do? Does it effect performance?
Not in Auto mode. It current limits the receiver at lower listening levels or locks that into all levels when set to On. Best thing to do is try it for yourself and let your ears decide if things sound the same. To me they did.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is online now  
post #15311 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,630
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post
Top fans are fine if the hot air they're removing has someplace to go. If your space is tight and they serve to raise the ambient temperature in the enclosure, less OK. The great thing about places like Amazon is you have 30 days to grow to hate the thing and return it.

Quote:
What does eco mode do? Does it effect performance?
ECO mode lowers the power supply voltage to the amplifier stage, as far as I can tell. If you listen with normal to high levels, it doesn't really affect the sound. But if you absolutely blast the thing, it might have an effect on your dynamic range, lowering the peak volume because the amps are starved when driven hard. This is pretty much conjecture on my part, based on empirical observation, not anything Denon has said.
ahblaza likes this.
DougDingle is offline  
post #15312 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post
That’s kind of pricy, I was thinking of this set
Those are the fans that I ended up getting. My rack is also restricted above and behind the receiver so I drilled four 1” holes above the receiver and installed two of the fans above the receiver on the top shelf of my entertainment unit behind my centre speaker so you can’t see them.

I plugged the USB into the TV so they come on with the TV. They are on rubber feet and run very quiet, you can also adjust the fan speed as required (Low/Med/High).
Mazdaman007 is offline  
post #15313 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SBuger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,375
Mentioned: 376 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Liked: 4212
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmd1 View Post
I tried my Atmos and DTSX files on my usb Drive and now everything works fine again.Got my DTSX and Atmos working again.I just had to shut down the receiver and turn it back on.Thank god !!! The upmixers work as well,Dolby and dts
Awesome, so glad to hear that!! Thanks for letting me know!!
ahblaza and blatz8 like this.

My 'Blacked Out' Home Theater | Tactile Response for BASS | BassEQ for Filtered Movies
1400cuft Sealed Room on Suspended Floor | SY Triple Black Velvet Blackout | GIK Treatments | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.7.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | Epson 5040UB | Eyes 6.5' to 120" 16:9 AT Seymour Screen | Oppo 203 | Xbox 1X | Apple TV4K | 6x 18" Sealed Subs w/3x VNF | Subwoofer Riser w/6x JBL-12s | 6x Crowson MAs | 4x BK LFEs | MiniDSP 10x10HD
SBuger is offline  
post #15314 of 17339 Old 07-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Senior Member
 
dvdmd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Awesome, so glad to hear that!! Thanks for letting me know!!
No problem !! I figure I let it be known just in case this update messed things up.
dvdmd1 is online now  
post #15315 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Member
 
myxylplyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
4300 Apple Airplay issue

I'm hopeful someone can provide some insight/assistance with an issue with my Denon 4300:

So, like a proper dork I had put together a playlist for the 4th of July for our block party and was all set to play my carefully curated selections for the unsuspecting gathering when I went to play from my desktop PC and received an error message from iTunes to the effect that it could not stream to my Denon receiver because it was not compatible with the current version of iTunes. I tried work arounds, but for various reasons had to give up and simply played some internet radio classic rock station... total fail.

Googling the issue I read something about Apple putting out an update for iTunes that included a new AirPlay2 ( I guess with added functionality for multi room playback and such), but that not all manufacturers have updated their firmware to accommodate?


myxylplyx is offline  
post #15316 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
patoberli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxylplyx View Post
I'm hopeful someone can provide some insight/assistance with an issue with my Denon 4300:

...

Which firmware is running on your Denon? If I remember right, an update beginning this year fixed some apple streaming issues.
Not having any apple products here, so I can't test.
patoberli is offline  
post #15317 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post
How hot should the X4300H get on the top of the receiver? Mine gets quite hot. I can leave my hand on it, but it’s uncomfortable.
Very hot is normal. I will never get used to this hot. I come from an Onkyo that run frozen in comparison.
asabrag is online now  
post #15318 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 05:06 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 19
denon x3300


when watching netflix via arc i get 2 choices for surround


one is dolby digital + and i think dolby surround.


which one should i choose? i dont want the one that simulates surround sound.
NewtoAVBob is offline  
post #15319 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,630
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoAVBob View Post
denon x3300
when watching netflix via arc i get 2 choices for surround

one is dolby digital + and i think dolby surround.

which one should i choose? i dont want the one that simulates surround sound.

Dolby Surround is the 'upmixer' that sends audio to all your speakers regardless of source. Dolby Digital is Dolby 5.1 'unenhanced' audio. Some here have lots of speakers (I have 11 speakers and 2 subs), and spend much of their time viewing stuff that comes with 5.1 audio, and enable the Dolby Surrround upmixer for a more immersive aural experience. To each his or her own.
ahblaza and Madmax67 like this.
DougDingle is offline  
post #15320 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 05:23 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
Dolby Surround is the 'upmixer' that sends audio to all your speakers regardless of source. Dolby Digital is Dolby 5.1 'unenhanced' audio. Some here have lots of speakers (I have 11 speakers and 2 subs), and spend much of their time viewing stuff that comes with 5.1 audio, and enable the Dolby Surrround upmixer for a more immersive aural experience. To each his or her own.

so if i have only 5.1 i should be choosing dolby digital +
NewtoAVBob is offline  
post #15321 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Johnny Angell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by asabrag View Post
Very hot is normal. I will never get used to this hot. I come from an Onkyo that run frozen in comparison.
Years ago with my previous Denon, I had a leftover computer fan, went to radio shack and got what I needed to wire it up to an ac plug, plugged it into the back of the receiver and that single small fan helped some and made me feel better. My X4300H has no exterior ac output, so I’m getting some fans designed for the purpose and I’ll plug them into a wall socket.

I agree, even if it’s normal, it’s too hot. Heat is the enemy of electronics.
Johnny Angell is offline  
post #15322 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 4,025
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2471 Post(s)
Liked: 3457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post
Years ago with my previous Denon, I had a leftover computer fan, went to radio shack and got what I needed to wire it up to an ac plug, plugged it into the back of the receiver and that single small fan helped some and made me feel better. My X4300H has no exterior ac output, so I’m getting some fans designed for the purpose and I’ll plug them into a wall socket.

I agree, even if it’s normal, it’s too hot. Heat is the enemy of electronics.
I use these 200mm fans with a 12 volt PS for all my electronics, I've found the bigger fan(s) are much more efficient and a lot quieter than several smaller fans. I have Panny Plasmas that are going on 12 years old and I attribute that to these fans. My receivers and amps really benefit from them.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master...ng%2Bfans&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...K758WMXQ&psc=1
ahblaza is online now  
post #15323 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
X1300W here. Anyone have any luck with lip sync issues on Dolby vision content? I though the last update fixed, but no luck.

This is content from an Apple TV - using arc to the receiver fixes it but it’s not ideal with Atmos incoming. All other sources (Xbox one X for games, Netflix, and UHD Blu-ray’s) seem to work great. Apple TV is latest software. Lip sync delay doesn’t work as it just messes up audio on other content.

I’m using blue jeans cables. TV is TCL 6 series. Folks on Apple TV forums we blaming the receiver.
Patrick Corrado is offline  
post #15324 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 08:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsonnens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Corrado View Post
X1300W here. Anyone have any luck with lip sync issues on Dolby vision content? I though the last update fixed, but no luck.



This is content from an Apple TV - using arc to the receiver fixes it but it’s not ideal with Atmos incoming. All other sources (Xbox one X for games, Netflix, and UHD Blu-ray’s) seem to work great. Apple TV is latest software. Lip sync delay doesn’t work as it just messes up audio on other content.



I’m using blue jeans cables. TV is TCL 6 series. Folks on Apple TV forums we blaming the receiver.


Likely an issue with your TV and not the Denon. You can fix by having the appletv going thru the receiver and then to the tv, then you can adjust the audio delay for that hdmi input and not the others.

Alternatively you tv might be able to delay the audio for the appletv hdmi input and not your other devices.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rsonnens is offline  
post #15325 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,630
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoAVBob View Post
so if i have only 5.1 i should be choosing dolby digital +

Yes, that seems the reasonable choice.

Be aware that if you play or stream something that's 7.1, enabling Dolby Surround will map the two additional channels surprisingly well to your 5.1 setup. In fact, I am often surprised by how well DS figures out what sounds best where and then does it. I've grown to like it quite a bit more than I anticipated.

Like adding salt, this is all to taste. You may hate it.
DougDingle is offline  
post #15326 of 17339 Old 07-05-2018, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,630
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Corrado View Post
X1300W here. Anyone have any luck with lip sync issues on Dolby vision content? I though the last update fixed, but no luck.

This is content from an Apple TV - using arc to the receiver fixes it but it’s not ideal with Atmos incoming. All other sources (Xbox one X for games, Netflix, and UHD Blu-ray’s) seem to work great. Apple TV is latest software. Lip sync delay doesn’t work as it just messes up audio on other content.

I’m using blue jeans cables. TV is TCL 6 series.

Folks on Apple TV forums we blaming the receiver.

Of course they are. And yet, none of your other sources have the sync problem. The only hardware with sync issue is the Apple TV. Logically, what does that tell you?
tpro8, ahblaza and Madmax67 like this.
DougDingle is offline  
post #15327 of 17339 Old 07-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
 
tpro8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I'm getting my Denon AVR-X3400H tomorrow (along with a pair of Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73 Atmos speakers)

Any tips or pitfalls to avoid on the initial setup?

LG OLED65B6P
Denon X3400H, KEF LS50. KEF Kube8b, KEF R200c, KEF R50
tpro8 is offline  
post #15328 of 17339 Old 07-06-2018, 10:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsonnens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpro8 View Post
I'm getting my Denon AVR-X3400H tomorrow (along with a pair of Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73 Atmos speakers)



Any tips or pitfalls to avoid on the initial setup?


First tip would be to post in the 2017 thread for the X#400H series receivers. ;-)
rsonnens is offline  
post #15329 of 17339 Old 07-06-2018, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drh3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 3,824
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2056 Post(s)
Liked: 4147
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpro8 View Post
I'm getting my Denon AVR-X3400H tomorrow (along with a pair of Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73 Atmos speakers)

Any tips or pitfalls to avoid on the initial setup?
Try asking here:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...sts-1-8-a.html

Read the first several posts, they are very informative.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
drh3b is offline  
post #15330 of 17339 Old 07-06-2018, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
tpro8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Thanks.

LG OLED65B6P
Denon X3400H, KEF LS50. KEF Kube8b, KEF R200c, KEF R50
tpro8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off