The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 512 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281229Likes

post #15331 of 17254 Old 07-06-2018, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2459 Post(s)
Liked: 3402
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsonnens View Post
first tip would be to post in the 2017 thread for the x#400h series receivers. ;-)
lmao............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15332 of 17254 Old 07-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post
That’s kind of pricy, I was thinking of this set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ6VNII...v_ov_lig_dp_it

What does eco mode do? Does it effect performance?
I have installed these fans. Very easy. My receiver is in a cabinet open on the front and rear (and the top of the receiver still got hot).

I’ve got them on medium speed and they are super quiet. They are doing a great job of cooling the AVR. Highly recommended.
post #15333 of 17254 Old 07-08-2018, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post
I have installed these fans. Very easy. My receiver is in a cabinet open on the front and rear (and the top of the receiver still got hot).

I’ve got them on medium speed and they are super quiet. They are doing a great job of cooling the AVR. Highly recommended.
I use these also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15334 of 17254 Old 07-09-2018, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Anyone else unable to get Atmos audio out to a 6300 via Apple TV, via consumer beta? I see reports online that others are getting it but my 3 are all connected to Denons and they can’t see Atmos data coming from the ATV on content I know that has it. Like Blade runner 2049

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
post #15335 of 17254 Old 07-09-2018, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Likely an issue with your TV and not the Denon. You can fix by having the appletv going thru the receiver and then to the tv, then you can adjust the audio delay for that hdmi input and not the others.

Alternatively you tv might be able to delay the audio for the appletv hdmi input and not your other devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
Of course they are. And yet, none of your other sources have the sync problem. The only hardware with sync issue is the Apple TV. Logically, what does that tell you?
Thank you for the replies.

rsonnens - I am having the issue when connecting directly through the receiver (ARC is fine). Audio Delay is not a good fix. The delay only occurs with dolby vision material - so if I set a delay to fix that - everything else gets off. I am fine using ARC except that I miss out on Atmos. That said, the Atmos material I have tested, while on beta, does not have this issue so it may resolve itself with the Atmos release.

DougDingle - I do not doubt that the Apple TV is part of the problem (unfortunately I do not have any other DV player to test). Since I can fix the problem by sending a bitstream (whether DD+ via ARC, forcing DD through Apple TV or Atmos on Apple TV), I am guessing the issue is the delivery of PCM audio with DV to the receiver that is causing the problem. So the Apple TV's handling of Audio is a trigger to the problem but the Denon's seems to be the weak point.

I also note, having the Denon upmix the multi-channel PCM sent by the ATV to multi-channel plus dolby surround improves the lip sync - its not perfect but ok on a temp basis.

Last edited by Patrick Corrado; 07-09-2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: word choice
post #15336 of 17254 Old 07-09-2018, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Corrado View Post
Thank you for the replies.

rsonnens - I am having the issue when connecting directly through the receiver (ARC is fine). Audio Delay is not a good fix. The delay only occurs with dolby vision material - so if I set a delay to fix that - everything else gets off. I am fine using ARC except that I miss out on Atmos. That said, the Atmos material I have tested, while on beta, does not have this issue so it may resolve itself with the Atmos release.

I also note, having the Denon upconvert the multi-channel PCM sent by the ATV to multi-channel plus dolby surround improves the lip sync - its not perfect but ok on a temp basis.

Humm, I don’t see this, I have an LG7oled tv, ATV4, and a Denon x4300h. I don’t have an audio delay set on the Denon but do have lipsync turned on. To me it sounds like the TV is not reporting lipsync properly to the AVR or you have extra processing on the tv associated with Dolby Vision (when playing DV check your motion flow settings, are they different?)

I am also not using the ATV beta software. Did the issue exist before you installed the Beta software? It just may be a bug with beta firmware and you may get more help in the ATV beta forum.

The second comment about the Denon changing it to DD surround sound is even more confusing to me.
ahblaza likes this.
post #15337 of 17254 Old 07-09-2018, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Anyone having Atmos traks displayed as True HD after the last update? 4300H here.
post #15338 of 17254 Old 07-09-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Humm, I don’t see this, I have an LG7oled tv, ATV4, and a Denon x4300h. I don’t have an audio delay set on the Denon but do have lipsync turned on. To me it sounds like the TV is not reporting lipsync properly to the AVR or you have extra processing on the tv associated with Dolby Vision (when playing DV check your motion flow settings, are they different?)

I am also not using the ATV beta software. Did the issue exist before you installed the Beta software? It just may be a bug with beta firmware and you may get more help in the ATV beta forum.

The second comment about the Denon changing it to DD surround sound is even more confusing to me.
You know i had ruled out the TV because there were no issues with ARC, however, the lip sync data being off could an issue worth exploring - although I am not sure how to test that.

DD Surround makes no sense to me either, unless the extra processing somehow shifts the audio track in the right direction (although I would expect it to make the delay worse).

And I have every motion setting turned off for DV on the tv (that I can turn off).
post #15339 of 17254 Old 07-09-2018, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You know i had ruled out the TV because there were no issues with ARC, however, the lip sync data being off could an issue worth exploring - although I am not sure how to test that.

DD Surround makes no sense to me either, unless the extra processing somehow shifts the audio track in the right direction (although I would expect it to make the delay worse).

And I have every motion setting turned off for DV on the tv (that I can turn off).

I would not assume that because ARC works that hdmi works too. Whenever the TV renegotiated over hdmi when the source syncs for DV/SDR/HDR10.... it should be sending updated lib-sync values to the AVR which can differ (depending upon your TV) to the AVR. You might check in a forum for your TV if others see an issue. Also as I mentioned it might just be an issue with ATV4 Beta.

(I can’t see your signature in Tapatalk to see if you list your tv. )

post #15340 of 17254 Old 07-10-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I would not assume that because ARC works that hdmi works too. Whenever the TV renegotiated over hdmi when the source syncs for DV/SDR/HDR10.... it should be sending updated lib-sync values to the AVR which can differ (depending upon your TV) to the AVR. You might check in a forum for your TV if others see an issue. Also as I mentioned it might just be an issue with ATV4 Beta.

(I can’t see your signature in Tapatalk to see if you list your tv. )

TV is a TCL 65R617 and I have just posted in that forum for thoughts. A user on Reddit with the same issues (different TV but Denon receiver) indicates success in resolving the issue by switching HDMI ports on the receiver. A little research led me to a support article from Denon suggesting using the three closest ports to the TV Output for 4K material. I will try that later.

At this point, it can be anything and everything. Thanks again for your help!
post #15341 of 17254 Old 07-10-2018, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have an unusual problem with ARC.
My setup: LG OLED55B7V connected via HDMI-ARC to Denon X1300W HDMI-ARC. Another HDMI cable is connected to the PC (for audio).

In principle, everything works. But I can't watch something on TV via YouTube or Plex App (via the internal speakers) and listen to something on my PC (via AVR) at the same time. The PC sound is not being output (when TV audio output is set to internal speakers). If I set the TV audio output to HDMI, PC sound is played, but I can't hear the sound of the apps this way.

Is that supposed to be like this?

Below are my HDMI settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage01.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	2426682  
post #15342 of 17254 Old 07-10-2018, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
TV is a TCL 65R617 and I have just posted in that forum for thoughts. A user on Reddit with the same issues (different TV but Denon receiver) indicates success in resolving the issue by switching HDMI ports on the receiver. A little research led me to a support article from Denon suggesting using the three closest ports to the TV Output for 4K material. I will try that later.

At this point, it can be anything and everything. Thanks again for your help!

One thing to note is that when you have a DV signal that it is passing thru unprocessed by the receiver. Otherwise depending upon the receiver settings (and if the in screen volume control is showing) then the Denon is processing the video (again which never happens with DV. )

You might turn off the video processing on the Denon and see if you get more consistent video delay issues across formats.

post #15343 of 17254 Old 07-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hey guys,

This happened to my denon x2300 today, dunno if anyone else has gone through this issue, i just attached a new subwoofer today to my setup, so went & enabled Subwoofer"on" in the settings. Then went to Speaker level to adjust the volume of the subwoofer level, while going through all the speaker levels my center speaker was all of a sudden mute(no level sound) Was surprised so i switched off the avr & checked the speaker connection behind were fine. Started it again & the center channel was now alive in the speaker level setup. So strange..

Thanks.
post #15344 of 17254 Old 07-10-2018, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 741 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22597 Post(s)
Liked: 12296
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraDiXson View Post
I have an unusual problem with ARC.
My setup: LG OLED55B7V connected via HDMI-ARC to Denon X1300W HDMI-ARC. Another HDMI cable is connected to the PC (for audio).

In principle, everything works. But I can't watch something on TV via YouTube or Plex App (via the internal speakers) and listen to something on my PC (via AVR) at the same time. The PC sound is not being output (when TV audio output is set to internal speakers). If I set the TV audio output to HDMI, PC sound is played, but I can't hear the sound of the apps this way.

Is that supposed to be like this?

Below are my HDMI settings.
Yup. You can't have the TV as a source and the PC as a source at the same time unless you disconnect the HDMI cable from the AVR to the TV.
post #15345 of 17254 Old 07-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Question for people with a Denon AVRX4300H and a 4 speaker atmos setup. Does the AVR make a "click" sound while running Audyssey calibration when it switches between front heights and back heights? I always thought this was odd but sound came out the speakers so I wasn't too worried.

However, I'm starting to wonder if my front heights aren't getting sound. I've tried the Dolby Access program on my LG TV and I only hear audio out of my back heights. I tried downloading some of the Atmos demo files and I'm not hearing anything in my front heights with those either. If I change the AVR to 2 channel front I hear sound in the front heights so they are hooked up correctly and are working. All of my cases have been using ARC (so only getting DD+ audio although it shows up on the denon as Atmos and I get sound in my rear heights). I dunno... I'm stumped.

If someone has a good movie demo I could try that to see if my front heights are firing alright... the click during Audyssey setup makes me wonder if something is wrong though!

TV: Sony A9G 77" Oled & LG B7A 65" Oled
AVR: Denon AVRX4300H
F/L: Emotiva Airmotiv T2, Center: Emotiva Airmotiv C2, Surround: Emotiva Airmotiv B1 x4, Atmos: Elac A4 x4, Subwoofer: PSA V1811, Actuator: Crowson x2
4k Player: Panasonic UB 820
post #15346 of 17254 Old 07-10-2018, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Hey guys,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked - but I couldn't find a straight answer anywhere - so asking.

I have a Denon AVR X-3400H set up with my 5.1 speaker system in my den. If I get one or a pair of Heos 1 wireless speaker, Can I play the same music simultaneous in my den as well as in my living room (which will have the HEOS speakers)? Just to clarify, I am not looking to use the HEOS speakers to make my system a 7.1 rig. Im looking for the same stereo music playing in my den via my wired setup to play on my HEOS speakers. Its one the main reasons I would by HEOS over say Sonos.
post #15347 of 17254 Old 07-10-2018, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppgu View Post
Question for people with a Denon AVRX4300H and a 4 speaker atmos setup. Does the AVR make a "click" sound while running Audyssey calibration when it switches between front heights and back heights? I always thought this was odd but sound came out the speakers so I wasn't too worried.

However, I'm starting to wonder if my front heights aren't getting sound. I've tried the Dolby Access program on my LG TV and I only hear audio out of my back heights. I tried downloading some of the Atmos demo files and I'm not hearing anything in my front heights with those either. If I change the AVR to 2 channel front I hear sound in the front heights so they are hooked up correctly and are working. All of my cases have been using ARC (so only getting DD+ audio although it shows up on the denon as Atmos and I get sound in my rear heights). I dunno... I'm stumped.

If someone has a good movie demo I could try that to see if my front heights are firing alright... the click during Audyssey setup makes me wonder if something is wrong though!
I am no expert, but did you set up the correct amp assign?

LG OLED 55C7
Denon AVR-X2300
Apple TV 4K
Channel Master OTA DVR
DirectTv Now Streaming Box (Beta), Phillips Blu-Ray 7502
post #15348 of 17254 Old 07-10-2018, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:

I have owned the 4300 for a year now and just 2 days ago installed atmos speakers in the ceiling. I assigned the amp to the height 2 channels in denon as I have hooked up the LCR from denon to a NAD amp. I also had the same relay clicking sound while running audyssey. But the sound came out of all 4 ceiling speakers during calibration. The calibration results looked reasonable as well. I have not actually played any content other than Hans Zimmer live in Prague. It sounded like I was getting atmos but I need to check closely since you are saying there might be an issue. I will have to report back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #15349 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ghtcrawl3r View Post
Hey guys,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked - but I couldn't find a straight answer anywhere - so asking.

I have a Denon AVR X-3400H set up with my 5.1 speaker system in my den. If I get one or a pair of Heos 1 wireless speaker, Can I play the same music simultaneous in my den as well as in my living room (which will have the HEOS speakers)? Just to clarify, I am not looking to use the HEOS speakers to make my system a 7.1 rig. Im looking for the same stereo music playing in my den via my wired setup to play on my HEOS speakers. Its one the main reasons I would by HEOS over say Sonos.
Oops! Wrong thread. Please repost in the 2017 Denon AVR Owner's thread.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post51748441

That said, for those 2016 X4300H/X6300H model owners wondering the same thing ...

Passing audio from the AVR to up to 32 HEOS speakers (ie. they become additional zones beyond the Zone 2/3 capability of the AVR) set up around the house is limited to the same requirement when passing audio to Zone 2 ... ie. the source can be HDMI/digital/analog but must be 2CH (which is already the case with networking, TUNER, USB).
ahblaza likes this.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 07-11-2018 at 02:23 AM.
post #15350 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

If you can play a test tone to the Front Height using MANUAL SETUP - LEVELS - TEST TONE - FRONT HEIGHT, then if the Atmos movie mixer has audio going to the Front Height speakers, then most likely that is what is happening. As a test, you can also simply raise the volume level of the Front Height and reduce the volume level of the Rear Height.
post #15351 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 06:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If you can play a test tone to the Front Height using MANUAL SETUP - LEVELS - TEST TONE - FRONT HEIGHT, then if the Atmos movie mixer has audio going to the Front Height speakers, then most likely that is what is happening. As a test, you can also simply raise the volume level of the Front Height and reduce the volume level of the Rear Height.
Yeah, I can play a test tone just fine. I even tried a movie really quick last night and I did at some point hear sound coming from the front height speakers (although it was very very rare compared to the backs). For the dolby demo tracks I get 0 sound from them but that is VIA ARC which is different than my normal movie watching HDMI standard. I have my ear to the speaker, it's not that they're too quiet, it's that it gets 0 sound. I tried the demo dolby track Helicopter which I was able to find on the kodi samples page (from their wiki).

Glad to hear others hear the click during setup as well. That makes me think the AVR is fine. I may try another actual movie. That's why I was hoping to hear about a movie that uses the fronts a lot so I can be confident sound is going through them as expected. It's a bit of a bummer if I can't get the demo tracks to work though... I was hoping to tweak the DB on them using the demo tracks.
post #15352 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
One thing to note is that when you have a DV signal that it is passing thru unprocessed by the receiver. Otherwise depending upon the receiver settings (and if the in screen volume control is showing) then the Denon is processing the video (again which never happens with DV. )

You might turn off the video processing on the Denon and see if you get more consistent video delay issues across formats.

Thanks again for your help.

I believe the X1300W just passes video without processing - at least there are no processing settings in the menu. I experiment with a few things last night:

(1) Moved the Apple TV to the Blu Ray Port, which was empty and second closest to HDMI output (this is based on a user recommendation and a support article provided by Denon)

(2) Bypassing and/or turning off ARC support completely (i was using it to get audio from the onbaord Roku Apps

(3) Soft Reset of the Denon, followed by complete reboots of all connected devices.

(4) Turning off Dynamic EQ

(5) Increasing dialogue volume +2 db

The ARC changes made no difference whatsoever. However, some combo of the others has helped a lot. I still have a delay, but I can set a 80ms delay which improves DV material good amount but has an almost imperceptible difference on the other content I watch. I note, there is still a delay as DV material needs an additional delay to be perfect. The actual amount of the delay adversely affects the other material way too much to be permanently set.

My next efforts are to replace the cable with the Apple recommended cables. I do not think this will change anything since I am using good cables over a short distance already, but at least I can try. I am also considering either re-running audyssey - any chance that would make a difference?
post #15353 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Denon x4300H and Vizio P series and ARC Sound dropouts

Hi,
I have posted this in the Vizio thread as well but thought I would see if there are any answers here as well.

I got the New firmware v4.1.2.3 a couple of days ago and so far all seems good.

But it does bring up an old issue I have seen with ARC and my Denon receivers.
I currently have a Denon AVR-x4300h but before was a Denon AVR-x5200w.
Both receivers have or had some issues with ARC from the P75-c1.

Using SmartCast I get periodic ARC sound dropouts with Netflix and Vudu.
I checked and double checked settings and all seem correct and I do get all sound formats DD, ATMOS etc. Just sound dropouts.

You may ask, Why I have not pursued it until now. Well I have a Shield ATV which I used for most streaming services, which works well.

Anyone else have ARC problems with Denon receivers and Vizio P series??

I also have a 150mbs internet connection.

Thanks

On the latest Denon firmware - 6440-2017-8482-4554

Rew
Vizio PX75-G1 | Vizio P75-C1 | Denon AVR-X4300H | OPPO UDP-203 | Tivo Bolt+| Nvidia Shield Android TV | Roku Ultra | Apple TV 4k | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS8 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 | Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
post #15354 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1016 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
Yeah, I can play a test tone just fine. I even tried a movie really quick last night and I did at some point hear sound coming from the front height speakers (although it was very very rare compared to the backs). For the dolby demo tracks I get 0 sound from them but that is VIA ARC which is different than my normal movie watching HDMI standard. I have my ear to the speaker, it's not that they're too quiet, it's that it gets 0 sound. I tried the demo dolby track Helicopter which I was able to find on the kodi samples page (from their wiki).

Glad to hear others hear the click during setup as well. That makes me think the AVR is fine. I may try another actual movie. That's why I was hoping to hear about a movie that uses the fronts a lot so I can be confident sound is going through them as expected. It's a bit of a bummer if I can't get the demo tracks to work though... I was hoping to tweak the DB on them using the demo tracks.

I have a 7.2.4 setup, and hear clicks during setup. I don't believe ARC on the 4300 supports anything past 5.1 or 7.1 at best. No ATMOS as far as I know. If you want to hear sound from your front heights on 5.1 material, turn on the Dolby Surround processor by using the Movie button on your remote and selecting it.
ahblaza likes this.

Last edited by DougDingle; 07-11-2018 at 08:33 AM.
post #15355 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks again for your help.

I believe the X1300W just passes video without processing - at least there are no processing settings in the menu.

If you have ANY kind of on-screen display from the AVR, including the volume bar, there is some video processing happening whether you have it turned on or not.
post #15356 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
If you have ANY kind of on-screen display from the AVR, including the volume bar, there is some video processing happening whether you have it turned on or not.
No OSD from AVR while 4K source is playing. No volume bar and the set-up menu actually take you away from the source.

1080P and lower sources do have some OSD. There remains no option to adjust or change these.
post #15357 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2308 Post(s)
Liked: 3165
Quote:
I have a 7.2.4 setup, and hear clicks during setup. I don't believe ARC on the 4300 supports anything past 5.1 or 7.1 at best. No ATMOS as far as I know. If you want to hear sound from your front heights on 5.1 material, turn on the Dolby Surround processor by using the Movie button on your remote and selecting it.

Incorrect. ARC supports DD+ which acts as a container for the Atmos with content currently available via streaming - Netflix and Vudu being the primary 2 sources. FYI, this has been around for a few years, not something new. While this is not a lossless format like you get on a shiny disk, it can sound pretty darn good. With Apple's release of iOS 12.0, the ATV4k will offer Atmos content via the iTunes store. Those of us with a significant number of titles acquired via purchase or those codes you get when you buy a disk, will be getting content redeemed or purchase via iTunes upgraded to Atmos (again DD+, not lossless) for free. Streaming continues to improve on the video and audio fronts, not that I plan to quite buying disks anytime soon.
Ruppgu, blatz8 and mrtickleuk like this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #15358 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yup. You can't have the TV as a source and the PC as a source at the same time unless you disconnect the HDMI cable from the AVR to the TV.
Well, I can. If I disable ARC I can play sound from my PC to the AVR and listen to Apps on my TV. This is my workaround right now without the need to fiddle with my cables. It's still unsatisfying though. But if that's what ARC does, then I'll have to accept this I guess.
post #15359 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraDiXson View Post
Well, I can. If I disable ARC I can play sound from my PC to the AVR and listen to Apps on my TV. This is my workaround right now without the need to fiddle with my cables. It's still unsatisfying though. But if that's what ARC does, then I'll have to accept this I guess.

It is very confusing about what your issue is and what you are disappointed or sad about. If you don’t want the audio from the TV to go to the AVR then “on your TV” you can specify to use the internal speakers rather than ARC. ARC stands for “audio return channel” that is only used as a “simplifying” cabling alternative to get audio from the TV to the AVR. It is simplifying in that you only need to use a single cable rather than all the other alternatives.
smurraybhm, ahblaza and blatz8 like this.
post #15360 of 17254 Old 07-11-2018, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Incorrect. ARC supports DD+ which acts as a container for the Atmos with content currently available via streaming - Netflix and Vudu being the primary 2 sources. FYI, this has been around for a few years, not something new. While this is not a lossless format like you get on a shiny disk, it can sound pretty darn good. With Apple's release of iOS 12.0, the ATV4k will offer Atmos content via the iTunes store. Those of us with a significant number of titles acquired via purchase or those codes you get when you buy a disk, will be getting content redeemed or purchase via iTunes upgraded to Atmos (again DD+, not lossless) for free. Streaming continues to improve on the video and audio fronts, not that I plan to quite buying disks anytime soon.

I've never seen my 4300's ATMOS front panel indicator light up when using ARC, although I've seen it often on UHD disk playback.

What Netflix titles have you seen that have Atmos and make the AVR signal and play Atmos? I'd like to try it again. TV is LG 65E6 OLED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page