The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 514 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281216Likes

post #15391 of 17149 Old 07-13-2018, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
With my X2300W, I've recently found that when playing a multi-channel uncompressed audio track from an earlier Blu-ray disc (I'm using Sony UHP-H1 player), the receiver outputs the audio to the speakers faster than if it's decoding a bitstreamed track (such as Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD etc). What this means is that I have a video/audio sync issue with those uncompressed tracks specifically that requires me to add a delay. Unfortunatly I then have to turn the delay back off when I switch back to encoded audio tracks as they then become out of sync. I'm guessing the extra decoding time the receiver takes to output Dolby tracks (etc) is absent with unencoded/uncompressed tracks and thus a delay difference occurs with the audio, where the time taken to display the video on the tv is consistent. Has anyone else noticed this?. Luckily I don't have many uncompressed (LPCM) tracks in my Blu-ray collection as the majority are encoded so it's not a big deal but annoying none the less. If I send both the video and audio to the tv for testing then uncompressed tracks are in sync with the image without a delay required (which makes sense).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15392 of 17149 Old 07-13-2018, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Quoted: 4520 Post(s)
Liked: 6816
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspider View Post
Very interesting info. I never knew "Direct" mode will by pass Bass Management. So i guess i have to rerun audyssey again now with the subwoofer.

Thanks..
Cool. It took a lot of posts but glad it's clear now.

No idea why anyone would think "Direct" didn't bypass everything though? The clue is in the word!

As stated above, both Direct and Pure Direct bypass everything - hence "Direct".

The only difference between them is that the "Pure" version also turns off video circuitry and front panel display, to appease anyone crazy who thinks that that video circuitry and front panel display in any way affects the quality of the sound. And/or as an added bonus, people who are of sound mind who just want to save heat and power by turning off the video circuitry and front panel are happy too. HTH
ccotenj, ahblaza, Madmax67 and 1 others like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 07-13-2018 at 01:08 PM.
post #15393 of 17149 Old 07-13-2018, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
The only difference between them is that the "Pure" version also turns off video circuitry and front panel display, to appease anyone crazy who thinks that that video circuitry and front panel display in any way affects the quality of the sound. HTH

WHAT? Are you saying that you've never bought a $2,000 turntable with a $900 cartridge?????
mrtickleuk likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15394 of 17149 Old 07-13-2018, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2107 Post(s)
Liked: 2419
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. I wouldn't pass on it, rather instead download it and try it for yourself, otherwise, you are doing yourself a disservice as the remote app can be quite helpful especially if you're not in the same room as the AVR.
If I didn't download an app because of bad reviews I wouldn't have anything but pre loaded bloatware on my mobile devices.
ccotenj and mrtickleuk like this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #15395 of 17149 Old 07-14-2018, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So the problem that I had previously where my iPhone X Heos app would not find my x4300H is back. If I stand 1 foot away from the receiver it will connect. However after I've wandered away the app no longer has control. The music is playing, but I can't change the music or the volume with the app.

Resetting the phone fixed it previously, but no longer. So I thought I'd setup the receiver in the app again. For that, the app tells me I have to connect the phone to the aux-in using a 3.5mm cable. But what is the aux-in? On the front panel there's a headphone jack, but I would think this is output only and not expecting input. There is the Setup Mic jack. This takes input from the calibration microphone. Maybe this is aux-in? On the back panel I don't see anything to use.

Ideas?

Frankly I don't remember physically connecting my iPhone to the receiver as the app is no instructing me. I'm also wondering if this isn't an issue with the receiver wifi efficiency decreasing over time. I have checked and it is connected to my wifi.
post #15396 of 17149 Old 07-14-2018, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post
So the problem that I had previously where my iPhone X Heos app would not find my x4300H is back. If I stand 1 foot away from the receiver it will connect. However after I've wandered away the app no longer has control. The music is playing, but I can't change the music or the volume with the app.

Resetting the phone fixed it previously, but no longer. So I thought I'd setup the receiver in the app again. For that, the app tells me I have to connect the phone to the aux-in using a 3.5mm cable. But what is the aux-in? On the front panel there's a headphone jack, but I would think this is output only and not expecting input. There is the Setup Mic jack. This takes input from the calibration microphone. Maybe this is aux-in? On the back panel I don't see anything to use.

Ideas?

Frankly I don't remember physically connecting my iPhone to the receiver as the app is no instructing me. I'm also wondering if this isn't an issue with the receiver wifi efficiency decreasing over time. I have checked and it is connected to my wifi.

I thought heos works over Ethernet and not Bluetooth. So as long as the receiver and the phone have a good wifi signal it should work. If it does not connect, it might be the receiver as well as the phone issue. Cycle power on both and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #15397 of 17149 Old 07-14-2018, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post
I thought heos works over Ethernet and not Bluetooth. So as long as the receiver and the phone have a good wifi signal it should work. If it does not connect, it might be the receiver as well as the phone issue. Cycle power on both and try again.

I agree it uses WiFi and the settings on the receiver say it’s connected. My phone is connected. But when I want to add a device in the app, it wants me to plug via cable the phone into the aux-in and I’m not sure what that is. The instructions are somewhat generic as the illustration of the device shows the back of a HEOS speaker.

I tried powering off both and that did not fix it. The receiver is where it’s always been. I’ve always been able to run the HEOS app from a distance with no problem. This is something that just started about 2 months ago.

Thanks for the suggestions.
post #15398 of 17149 Old 07-14-2018, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
I agree it uses WiFi and the settings on the receiver say it’s connected. My phone is connected. But when I want to add a device in the app, it wants me to plug via cable the phone into the aux-in and I’m not sure what that is. The instructions are somewhat generic as the illustration of the device shows the back of a HEOS speaker.

I tried powering off both and that did not fix it. The receiver is where it’s always been. I’ve always been able to run the HEOS app from a distance with no problem. This is something that just started about 2 months ago.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Does not sound right? Do you see the receiver in your heos app? What content are you trying to play? I use music server as I have a computer with music and I share the folder and let heos grab it.

post #15399 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22173 Post(s)
Liked: 12040
Quote:

Ideas?

This procedure is only required when connecting to a HEOS 1/3/5/7 "speaker" (ie. connecting to the "AUX IN" on the back of the speaker) not the AVR.

Refer to post 5 and do a "Network Reset."
post #15400 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
This procedure is only required when connecting to a HEOS 1/3/5/7 "speaker" (ie. connecting to the "AUX IN" on the back of the speaker) not the AVR.

Refer to post 5 and do a "Network Reset."
I just unplugged the receiver and am in the 10’ Wait period. I had to setup the receiver the first time, how was that done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post
Does not sound right? Do you see the receiver in your heos app? What content are you trying to play? I use music server as I have a computer with music and I share the folder and let heos grab it.

The content I’m trying to play is Amazon Prime thru the HEOS app. I don’t thank Amazon is the problem it’s the fact the HEOS app can’t find the receiver. The selection for HEOS devices is grayed out when the app can’t find the receiver, since it’s my only HEOS device.
post #15401 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

The first suggestion in post 5 is a soft reset, unplug, wait 10’ And power up again. Sadly it did not work.
post #15402 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon 6300H Dual Monitor output HDMI woes

This is my first post on here and I apologize for the possible rather complicated question. Quick rundown, I have a Denon 6300H receiver fed with a fiber optic HDMI cable to an Epson 5040UB projector connected to mon 2 output. I have an LG 4k tv connected via cat5 balun AV pro connect AC-EX70-UHD(This company has phenomenal support) of course their gear is not cheap. So here is my issue. If I use my 4k apple tv with netflix ap and try to play a movie on the TV with output settings to dual, if I change it to mon 1 output only for tv it works just fine. I also get a hdcp 2.2 error when I try to watch uverse tv(that is only a 1080i) feed, when set to dual output. Again if I change the output setting to mon 1 the picture will work. What is more peculiar and I found out by accident while on the phone with Denon support is if I set to dual and turn on the projector I will get the proper video in all cases. Obviously that is not how I want to use it. So my question is can I just set up my harmony remote to set output settings accordingly or do they make a switch to physically disconnect the projector hdmi connection? Also when the Denon displays the specs of each unit, ie Tv and Projector they have identical capabilities with the exception that the projector also does 3D. This has been driving me NUTS. Sorry for the rant. I always avoided HDMI for issues like these but with 4K no more component video for me. Thanks.
post #15403 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2081 Post(s)
Liked: 774
I have an x3300. Currently everything into receiver and output to hdmi1 on tv.

I want to have my game consoles go into a separate hdmi from the AVR. I think I can use the zone2 hdmi output but it would only be in stereo...which is okay since I use headphones.

Question is do I have to do anything to enable that? Does hdr still work in this 2nd zone?
post #15404 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post

I want to have my game consoles go into a separate hdmi from the AVR. I think I can use the zone2 hdmi output but it would only be in stereo...which is okay since I use headphones.

Question is do I have to do anything to enable that? Does hdr still work in this 2nd zone?
The Zone 2 HDMI monitor output will pass whatever the HDMI display it's connected to can accept.
post #15405 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by venetrex View Post
This is my first post on here and I apologize for the possible rather complicated question. Quick rundown, I have a Denon 6300H receiver fed with a fiber optic HDMI cable to an Epson 5040UB projector connected to mon 2 output. I have an LG 4k tv connected via cat5 balun AV pro connect AC-EX70-UHD(This company has phenomenal support) of course their gear is not cheap. So here is my issue. If I use my 4k apple tv with netflix ap and try to play a movie on the TV with output settings to dual, if I change it to mon 1 output only for tv it works just fine. I also get a hdcp 2.2 error when I try to watch uverse tv(that is only a 1080i) feed, when set to dual output. Again if I change the output setting to mon 1 the picture will work. What is more peculiar and I found out by accident while on the phone with Denon support is if I set to dual and turn on the projector I will get the proper video in all cases. Obviously that is not how I want to use it. So my question is can I just set up my harmony remote to set output settings accordingly or do they make a switch to physically disconnect the projector hdmi connection? Also when the Denon displays the specs of each unit, ie Tv and Projector they have identical capabilities with the exception that the projector also does 3D. This has been driving me NUTS. Sorry for the rant. I always avoided HDMI for issues like these but with 4K no more component video for me. Thanks.
Set each source to either Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 depending on what resolution the source is passing.
post #15406 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by venetrex View Post

Several reports of similar problems with similar setups to yours in this thread over the last couple of years.

In general (an this may or may not apply to you) there are two separate issues: One, your projector and TV are not capable of the same resolution. The projector is natively HD with "4K enhancement" which, as far as I can tell, is an internal upscaler that duplicates pixels diagonally, while the 4K LG is natively 4K; Denon AVRs don't do well with that scenario when both are connected (I have no idea if other manufacturers do better). The other problem sometimes cited here with your type of setup is with active cables like your fiber optic one.

You may want to do a search on "projector" and/or "active HDMI". I don't remember how (or even if) the problems were resolved. Setting up your Harmony to set the Denon so one output is active when that's what's needed may be the simplest way to deal with this.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #15407 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The first suggestion in post 5 is a soft reset, unplug, wait 10’ And power up again. Sadly it did not work.
I suggested a "Network Reset" not a "soft reset."
Madmax67 likes this.
post #15408 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Hi Guys,

Here is my basic setup- Comcast cable box HDMI out to Oppo 103D in, Oppo HDMI out to Denon X3300W in.Denon HDMI out to TV for video.

Can anyone help me figure out why the sound cuts out? Doesn't do it consistently or evenly.

Seems some channels do it more than others, or even some shows more than others. Doesn't seem to care if it is broadcast, netflix, no real rhyme or reason.

Thanks.
post #15409 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdubs View Post
Hi Guys,

Here is my basic setup- Comcast cable box HDMI out to Oppo 103D in, Oppo HDMI out to Denon X3300W in.Denon HDMI out to TV for video.

Can anyone help me figure out why the sound cuts out? Doesn't do it consistently or evenly.

Seems some channels do it more than others, or even some shows more than others. Doesn't seem to care if it is broadcast, netflix, no real rhyme or reason.

Thanks.
Are you passing 1080p or 4k video? If the latter, then are you using "Premium" certified 4k/18gbps HDMI cables?
post #15410 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Are you passing 1080p or 4k video? If the latter, then are you using "Premium" certified 4k/18gbps HDMI cables?
1080 to a Panny plasma
post #15411 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
1080 to a Panny plasma
Try powering off all devices. Unplug their respective power cables and HDMI cables for 10 minutes. Reconnect ensuring all HDMI cables are securely fitted into their respective jacks. Power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, source device. If still no joy, replace your HDMI cables with "Premium" certified cables.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #15412 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post

The Zone 2 HDMI monitor output will pass whatever the HDMI display it's connected to can accept.
And it’s the same as hdmi output 1? Meaning I could have output1 to hdmi1 and only gaming consoles go to hdmi2 by using a cable out from zone2? The purpose is so that I don’t have to keep switching to game mode or hdr game for gaming while using isf modes for Blu-ray and tv.
post #15413 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I suggested a "Network Reset" not a "soft reset."
I know, but I’m lazy. I could hope the easiest way would work. I hope I’ll have the time for a network reset tomorrow.
post #15414 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My x2300 has been running great for a year, however today when I power up my Epson 5040 projector I get an error that the signal is not supported from the Denon. I've bypassed my receiver and hooked my apple tv straight up to the projector and it works, so the issue is definitely with the signal coming out of the denon. I've tried a factory reset and have removed all inputs from the Denon and still get a signal not supported error when it looks like the denon is just displaying the setup window. Anyone have any other things I could try?
post #15415 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 3723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbarnz View Post
My x2300 has been running great for a year, however today when I power up my Epson 5040 projector I get an error that the signal is not supported from the Denon. I've bypassed my receiver and hooked my apple tv straight up to the projector and it works, so the issue is definitely with the signal coming out of the denon. I've tried a factory reset and have removed all inputs from the Denon and still get a signal not supported error when it looks like the denon is just displaying the setup window. Anyone have any other things I could try?
Try unplugging the receiver overnight. Soft Reset. Supposedly, you just need to wait 10 minutes, but sometimes that doesn't work, and longer does.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #15416 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Try unplugging the receiver overnight. Soft Reset. Supposedly, you just need to wait 10 minutes, but sometimes that doesn't work, and longer does.
Ok, thanks. Yeah, I just tried the 10 minutes unplugged and still has the issue. I’ll give it a shot by leaving it off overnight.
post #15417 of 17149 Old 07-15-2018, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2107 Post(s)
Liked: 2419
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Take the OPPO 103D out of the loop and just cable box directly to the receiver as a troubleshoot.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #15418 of 17149 Old 07-16-2018, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Dear Friends, I have noticed a strange behavior with my AVR-X4300h related to Zone 2/3 operation. I want my receiver to send to Zone 2/3 always the present listened source, and then I set Zone 2/3 to "Source". It works weel except when listening the Online source, when it forces Zone 2/3 to change to Online option. If I select any other input, Zone 2/3 keeps Online and I'm obliged to set manualy Zone 2/3 to Source. In my opinion it is a bug. Anyone noticed this behavior? Thanks.
post #15419 of 17149 Old 07-16-2018, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
so i went into speakers and the "zone2" is actually set to "top middle" since i'm running 5.1.2 atmos. does that mean i can't use the zone2 hdmi output? i just want to use it for video only to hdmi2 on tv for when i'm gaming with headphones (i.e. don't need audio from the AVR).
post #15420 of 17149 Old 07-16-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh3b View Post
Thanks again for the suggestion. I just powered it back up after leaving it unplugged for roughly 20 hours and it still has the issue. Any other suggestions you might have? I'm going to open a ticket up with Denon as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page