The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 515 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281267Likes

post #15421 of 17361 Old 07-16-2018, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I noticed after the last upgrade that once I turn the 4300 on, no sound is heard from whatever input signal was pre-selected.
Example: Turn On: Cabl/Sat: no sound. I have to switch to other input and go back to Cabl/Sat to hear that input.
Anyone noticed this behavior after the last update? Or this behavior at all?
Thks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15422 of 17361 Old 07-16-2018, 10:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2209 Post(s)
Liked: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
so i went into speakers and the "zone2" is actually set to "top middle" since i'm running 5.1.2 atmos. does that mean i can't use the zone2 hdmi output? i just want to use it for video only to hdmi2 on tv for when i'm gaming with headphones (i.e. don't need audio from the AVR).
That's has nothing to do with it. I have an Atmos 5.2.2 setup and can still watch a second HDMI source in zone 2. Just press the Zone 2 button on the remote and then select your HDMI source. Video should come thru with no problem.

If often watch 2 HDMI sources at the same time on two different TV's.

Afro GT
post #15423 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Setup advice for PC Games/Home theater X1300

I've had the X1300 for about 6 months and like it but I certainly haven't touched much beyond the basics. I've learned a ton reading this forum so had I asked this half a year ago I would have 20 questions. But, I'd love some advice on the best way to wire and configure the Denon. I watch movies with a 5.1.2 setup, primarily through Plex. I play PC video games, and listen to stereo music by casting google play music via wifi (chromecast audio) to the denon. My setup is as follows:

Windows 10 PC (HTPC) connected to X1300 via HDMI, HDMI from X1300 connected to 60" Samsung TV. X1300 is connected to the 5.1.2 speakers (3 across, 2 heights, 2 sides and 1 sub).

It works well enough but I do have a few problems:

1. When I watch a movie or play games on the PC, I always get the source audio. I have it setup as passthrough so if I have an atmos track I do see atmos on my receiver. But I was told this will upconvert lower audio signals automatically i.e. stereo to false surround sound. How do I set this up?

2. If I'm using the PC I can't listen to music through the stereo because I have to change to a different input, and when I do that, I lose video signal. I do not use the 2nd zone and I'm wondering if that's the key? Not sure how to set it up though.

3. In general, atmos is a PIA on a windows 10 machine. Whenever there is an update I have to reconfigure it. Someone on another forum said I should not have atmos activated on windows 10 but when it's not activated I do not see atmos on the denon. What is the best way to setup windows?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15424 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 10:11 AM

1. if you press the Movie sound mode button on the remote and select Dolby Surround it will upmix the two channel or other source audio to all of your speakers.

2. When you select your music source, then press the Option button on the remote. Choose Video Select and then toggle to whatever input you're using to play games. Then you can listen to music and play games at the same time. I use this feature to listen to music and watch sports at the same time.

3. Don't know, don't use a computer with my AVR.
rizorith likes this.

Afro GT
post #15425 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcor_NZ View Post
With my X2300W, I've recently found that when playing a multi-channel uncompressed audio track from an earlier Blu-ray disc (I'm using Sony UHP-H1 player), the receiver outputs the audio to the speakers faster than if it's decoding a bitstreamed track (such as Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD etc). What this means is that I have a video/audio sync issue with those uncompressed tracks specifically that requires me to add a delay. Unfortunatly I then have to turn the delay back off when I switch back to encoded audio tracks as they then become out of sync. I'm guessing the extra decoding time the receiver takes to output Dolby tracks (etc) is absent with unencoded/uncompressed tracks and thus a delay difference occurs with the audio, where the time taken to display the video on the tv is consistent. Has anyone else noticed this?. Luckily I don't have many uncompressed (LPCM) tracks in my Blu-ray collection as the majority are encoded so it's not a big deal but annoying none the less. If I send both the video and audio to the tv for testing then uncompressed tracks are in sync with the image without a delay required (which makes sense).
I've been able to measure the difference between playing an uncompressed multi-channel blu-ray track vs an encoded multi-channel track and can confirm on my X2300W that the difference is around 40ms. I have to add an additional 40ms to the receiver audio delay setting when playing an uncompressed multi-channel blu-ray track vs an encoded (think DolbyTrueHD, DTS-HD Master etc) to get perfect audio sync with the image displaying on my TV, as the uncompressed track is heard from the speakers faster (The actual total delay I use for getting perfect audio sync with my model tv Sony x850c is 60ms delay for encoded and 100ms for unencoded). This suggests that Denon send the video signal down the HDMI cable to the TV before decoding the encoded audio tracks when outputting the audio to the speakers. If they decoded the audio first and then sent the audio to the speakers and the video to the tv at the same time then there would be no need for a different delay between the two types of audio tracks.
post #15426 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22761 Post(s)
Liked: 12417
Quote:
Originally Posted by asabrag View Post
I noticed after the last upgrade that once I turn the 4300 on, no sound is heard from whatever input signal was pre-selected.
Example: Turn On: Cabl/Sat: no sound. I have to switch to other input and go back to Cabl/Sat to hear that input.
Anyone noticed this behavior after the last update? Or this behavior at all?
Thks in advance!
When something unusual like this occurs ... the first troubleshooting step is to do a "soft reset" by simply powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes.
post #15427 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
so i went into speakers and the "zone2" is actually set to "top middle" since i'm running 5.1.2 atmos. does that mean i can't use the zone2 hdmi output? i just want to use it for video only to hdmi2 on tv for when i'm gaming with headphones (i.e. don't need audio from the AVR).
As noted in post 8, the Manual Setup - Speakers - AMP ASSIGN setting is set to "Zone 2" when the Surround Back speaker posts are being used for Zone 2. As you are using them for "Top Middle" it is set to "Top Middle.
post #15428 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
1. if you press the Movie sound mode button on the remote and select Dolby Surround it will upmix the two channel or other source audio to all of your speakers.

2. When you select your music source, then press the Option button on the remote. Choose Video Select and then toggle to whatever input you're using to play games. Then you can listen to music and play games at the same time. I use this feature to listen to music and watch sports at the same time.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm having difficulty in finding "video select" on the remote. When i push the option button on screen I see chanel level select and all zone stereo.
post #15429 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizorith View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm having difficulty in finding "video select" on the remote. When i push the option button on screen I see chanel level select and all zone stereo.
Note what he said in "red."

Also review p. 117 in your Owner's manual.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	249
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	2429590  
post #15430 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
When something unusual like this occurs ... the first troubleshooting step is to do a "soft reset" by simply powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cord for 10 minutes.
Thanks! Just arrived home.
Wife watching cab/sat with the Denon off (=audio through TV speakers).
-I turned on the Denon.
-Cab/Sat lits up--> no sound via TV Speaker nor Denon.
-Turned off Denon --> audio through TV speakers
-Turned on Denon --> no sound (via TV Speaker nor Denon).
-Turned off Denon.
-Denon Unplugged
Waiting 10 mins
Wife hates me, the forum and the Denon...she missed the TV show she was watching

Will update in 10'

Edit Update:
Solved. Not just that, now it works better than before the upgrade. Before all the times turned the Denon On it went to the Stream Box Input (Chrome Cast Ultra). Now it stays where it was before turbing it off! 🤩

Last edited by asabrag; 07-17-2018 at 04:45 PM.
post #15431 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just bought the Denon avr s530bt to replace my old Denon avr 591 due to the Dolby digital plus issue with Netflix. Anyone know if this avr s530bt has the same issue??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
post #15432 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asabrag View Post
Thanks! Just arrived home.
Wife watching cab/sat with the Denon off (=audio through TV speakers).
-I turned on the Denon.
-Cab/Sat lits up--> no sound via TV Speaker nor Denon.
-Turned off Denon --> audio through TV speakers
-Turned on Denon --> no sound (via TV Speaker nor Denon).
-Turned off Denon.
-Denon Unplugged
Waiting 10 mins
Wife hates me, the forum and the Denon...she missed the TV show she was watching

Will update in 10'
Yeh ... bad timing on your part. Guessing you missed the training on "A Happy Wife is a Happy Life".
mrtickleuk and asabrag like this.
post #15433 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Yeh ... bad timing on your part. Guessing you missed the training on "A Happy Wife is a Happy Life".
LOL Thanks man:
Edit Update:
Solved. Not just that, now it works better than before the upgrade. Before the update: all the times I turned the Denon On it went to the Stream Box Input (Chrome Cast Ultra). Now it stays where it was before turning it off! 🤩

Last edited by asabrag; 07-17-2018 at 05:24 PM.
post #15434 of 17361 Old 07-17-2018, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
If still no joy, replace your HDMI cables with "Premium" certified cables.

Just ordered 3 blue jean cables. Hope it works. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ahblaza likes this.
post #15435 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
AVR-X4300h Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunz View Post
Dear Friends, I have noticed a strange behavior with my AVR-X4300h related to Zone 2/3 operation. I want my receiver to send to Zone 2/3 always the present listened source, and then I set Zone 2/3 to "Source". It works weel except when listening the Online source, when it forces Zone 2/3 to change to Online option. If I select any other input, Zone 2/3 keeps Online and I'm obliged to set manualy Zone 2/3 to Source. In my opinion it is a bug. Anyone noticed this behavior? Thanks.
Confirmed, it's a bug in the AVR-X4300h software.
post #15436 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2117 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
That's has nothing to do with it. I have an Atmos 5.2.2 setup and can still watch a second HDMI source in zone 2. Just press the Zone 2 button on the remote and then select your HDMI source. Video should come thru with no problem.

If often watch 2 HDMI sources at the same time on two different TV's.
hmm, i plugged in a 2nd cable from zone2 hdmi output on the AVR into HDMI2 on my tv and got no video. you referenced pressing zone2 button...do you have to press that every time to allow hdmi output to zone2 or can you just turn it on permanently? i'm using an x3300 btw
post #15437 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 07:41 AM

I have the x3300. you have to press Zone 2, then the desired input you want to use. it will stay on that input until you change it again.

you have to press the Main button to go back to normal use of the remote.

Afro GT
post #15438 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Volume change speed

I have a Denon AVRX4300H. When I change the volume with either the remote or the dial, at first it changes slowly and then after a second or two it changes so fast I always go way past where I want to go. The only way I have found to be able to control it with the remote is to just hit the up/down buttons with many very short pushes. This changes the Zone 1 in 0.5 dB increments so going up 10 dB takes 20 pushes. Is there anyway to adjust the rate of change in the volume control? I would like a nice linear change rather than the exponential response I get now. The same thing goes for the knob, turn it a little and I get a small change, turn some more and it's off the charts.

I don't have this problem when I am watching TV sourced from the cable box. The cable box remote will change the volume on the Denon in a nice linear fashion so it can be done.
Greg TB likes this.
post #15439 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 176
x4300H sound cuts out after a couple of hours

Hi guys,

my less than a year old x4300H (running 7.2.4 with additional external amps to power two additional speakers) recently developed an issue, where after about an hour or two of watching or listening content, sound would stop playing.. we can watch a movie (and volume is fairly low too), and all of a sudden we realize that sound is gone, but movie keeps playing. Switching to different source doesn't help - we get video there too but no sound. The only way to get sound back is to power cycle the unit. Anyone experienced anything like this? I'm on the latest firmware. Any ideas on how to possibly fix it?

LG OLED 55C6P | LG OLED 65B7A | Denon AVR X6200W | Denon AVR X4300H | Parasound 2125 and ATI 1506 Amps | Definitive Technology Speakers /w Earthquake SuperNova MKV-12 with 7.1.4 Atmos | LG UP970 and Oppo 203 UHD Players | Nvidia Shield | ATV4K | Roku Ultra | Amazon FireTV
post #15440 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_gallup View Post
I have a Denon AVRX4300H. When I change the volume with either the remote or the dial, at first it changes slowly and then after a second or two it changes so fast I always go way past where I want to go. The only way I have found to be able to control it with the remote is to just hit the up/down buttons with many very short pushes. This changes the Zone 1 in 0.5 dB increments so going up 10 dB takes 20 pushes. Is there anyway to adjust the rate of change in the volume control? I would like a nice linear change rather than the exponential response I get now. The same thing goes for the knob, turn it a little and I get a small change, turn some more and it's off the charts.

I don't have this problem when I am watching TV sourced from the cable box. The cable box remote will change the volume on the Denon in a nice linear fashion so it can be done.

ALL Denon and Marantz AVRs I've owned behave this way, whether I use the OEM remote or the one for my TiVo. It's kind of annoying.
ccotenj likes this.
post #15441 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohaLA View Post
Hi guys,

my less than a year old x4300H (running 7.2.4 with additional external amps to power two additional speakers) recently developed an issue, where after about an hour or two of watching or listening content, sound would stop playing.. we can watch a movie (and volume is fairly low too), and all of a sudden we realize that sound is gone, but movie keeps playing. Switching to different source doesn't help - we get video there too but no sound. The only way to get sound back is to power cycle the unit. Anyone experienced anything like this? I'm on the latest firmware. Any ideas on how to possibly fix it?

If you touch the top of the cabinet, does the unit feel very hot when it shuts down? "After an hour or two" seems to indicate a thermal problem. Or maybe not.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #15442 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
ALL Denon and Marantz AVRs I've owned behave this way, whether I use the OEM remote or the one for my TiVo. It's kind of annoying.
yup. the only way around this is to use rs-232.

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

https://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #15443 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Use the Denon Remote App.
ccotenj likes this.

Denon X4300H
post #15444 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Nope. This is the way Denon remotes have always worked. You'll get used to it.
post #15445 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi guys,

Could be a ventilation issue. Do you have at least 3-4" clearance on the top and sides with open front/back?
post #15446 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
Liked: 2568
Quote:

Every remote I've used for my Denon X4300H(factory remote, Harmony home Companion, DirecTV) for every source works the same annoying way. I just practiced using it and I've adapted. Wish I had a fix for it but I don't.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #15447 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
If you touch the top of the cabinet, does the unit feel very hot when it shuts down? "After an hour or two" seems to indicate a thermal problem. Or maybe not.
Not hot at all.. just warm. It sits in open cabinet with room all around.

LG OLED 55C6P | LG OLED 65B7A | Denon AVR X6200W | Denon AVR X4300H | Parasound 2125 and ATI 1506 Amps | Definitive Technology Speakers /w Earthquake SuperNova MKV-12 with 7.1.4 Atmos | LG UP970 and Oppo 203 UHD Players | Nvidia Shield | ATV4K | Roku Ultra | Amazon FireTV
post #15448 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Could be a ventilation issue. Do you have at least 3-4" clearance on the top and sides with open front/back?
Yes, it's in the open cabinet and there is plenty of room all around.

post #15449 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, it's in the open cabinet and there is plenty of room all around.
Then refer to post 5 and do a "soft reset" first and if no joy, a "microprocessor reset."
post #15450 of 17361 Old 07-18-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Then refer to post 5 and do a "soft reset" first and if no joy, a "microprocessor reset."
Thanks! I'm going to try it tonight...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page