The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 536 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281282Likes

post #16051 of 17395 Old 11-03-2018, 12:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2316 Post(s)
Liked: 2608
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGERIC View Post
I have a x2300. Is there a way to make a remote shortcut to turn the dynamic volume on and off without having to go manually through all the menus? If possible I would like use the original remote. I have a couple harmony remotes not in use right now from the past I could setup for the denon if it would get me what I need.
You'll need to set it up using one of the Quick select buttons.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16052 of 17395 Old 11-03-2018, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 758 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22913 Post(s)
Liked: 12535
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGERIC View Post
I have a x2300. Is there a way to make a remote shortcut to turn the dynamic volume on and off without having to go manually through all the menus? If possible I would like use the original remote. I have a couple harmony remotes not in use right now from the past I could setup for the denon if it would get me what I need.
Although there are (4) QUICK SELECT buttons on the Denon remote which can save the following settings (as noted on p. 140 of your Owner's manual) to include the various Audyssey settings for the same source or multiple sources, you would be better served using your Harmony remote as jconjason suggested whereby you would be able to turn it ON/OFF for any source when desired.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	425
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	2477332  
post #16053 of 17395 Old 11-03-2018, 04:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Thanks guys. I set up the quick buttons 1 is on and 2 is off. I only need it for every day or nighttime tv watching. I think I might dig out the harmony and see what I can put together. Mabey there are other shortcuts I could use that I don't realize yet...

65" Sony X900E, Denon X2300, SVS Prime LCR, Polk TSI100 surround, 2X 18" RSS460HO sealed 3.5ft3, Inuke 6KDSP, minidsp 2x4 revA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16054 of 17395 Old 11-03-2018, 09:38 PM
JJ7
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyyour View Post
thanks thats good news. i was just about to ask if the Dolby Surround "sound issue" had been fixed. i assumed it was fixed with the last update but it wasn't so hopefully this update will work on my X4300h as well.
In my testing thus far it seems to be fixed
post #16055 of 17395 Old 11-04-2018, 02:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ7 View Post
In my testing thus far it seems to be fixed
i did the update last night and it seems fixed for me as well. Thanks

Theater:JVC RS440, Elite 120". 7.1.4:RTi8, CSi5, FXiA4, RTiA3, 620-RT(4) & SVS PB12-NSD. Denon X4300H, UPA-700, Crown XLS1502 & XLS1000(2). Sony UBP-X800, Panasonic DP-UB424, Shield & ATV 4K. Lounge:Vizio M70-D3, Benq HT1075, & Elite 106". 7.1.4:RTi12, CSi5, RTiA1, TSx110, MC60(4), & RBH I-12. Marantz AV7702, Crown XLS1500, XLS1000(2) & Amp 100v2(2). Samsung UBD-K8500, LG BP440, Shield & ATV
post #16056 of 17395 Old 11-05-2018, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 239
There definitely is an issue with 2 monitors hooked up, the projector is fine but the monitor2 TV is not, I swapped out a few 1080p tv’s to see if its my toshiba, they all flash on and off, i think the Auto feature is the issue.
Anyone have a clue what could be a fix other than constantly hitting the Output screen to change outputs.

Kg

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **

DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction

Last edited by kgveteran; 11-05-2018 at 07:58 PM.
post #16057 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post
There definitely is an issue with 2 monitors hooked up, the projector is fine but the monitor2 TV is not, I swapped out a few 1080p tv’s to see if its my toshiba, they all flash on and off, i think the Auto feature is the issue.
Anyone have a clue what could be a fix other than constantly hitting the Output screen to change outputs.

Kg
Use a QUICK SELECT for each of the "Monitor 1" and "Monitor 2" settings.
JJ7 likes this.
post #16058 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
AVR x6300H Auto Shut Down with Atmos only

Hello all,

Have had the 6300H for 18 months....it shuts down within just a few minutes of playing Atmos using 9 channels and the top is very, very hot. It shuts down every time...and I'm playing at a good volume but not a really loud volume. This is not a problem for watching regular tv or playing surround music.

I have a professional audio-visual installer who made all my connections. He thinks the unit just can't handle using all 9 channels and that its simply too much for it..saying the footprint is too small...curious for others' opinions. We double checked my paradigm monitor speaker wires, etc. I even bought a new set of monitor audio speakers after I took it in for repair to ensure speakers were not the problem. The Denon certified repair shop contacted Denon who told them to adjust the bias for each speaker channel....but they never ran the unit using all nine channels which annoyed me. I spent a total of 6 hours in my driving it to and from the repair shop. Their adjustment didn't solve the problem. I then mailed the unit to a place Denon recommended in New Jersey. I don't know what they did to it but they recommended Denon send me a x6500H which is on its way.

Has anyone had this problem with the 6300H and do you think the 6300/6500 can actually handle that much power draw required for Atmos 9 channel?

thanks in advance for any thoughts on this!

Sid
post #16059 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Question Center channel weirdness

I've had my x4300h for over a year now and it's been great. I'm on the latest firmware. I have a 5.1 speaker setup and have HDMI connections (with HDMI 1.4a cables) with a Fire TV, AppleTV, an Xbox One X, and an HTPC all outputting to a 4K (LG EF9500) TV. Everything's been working great for a long time, and I haven't changed anything, but in the last few days the center channel has been dropping out when watching 4k content from both Netflix and Prime Video on both the AppleTV and Fire TV. If I only had those two devices, I would have to conclude it was an issue with the center channel speaker and/or wiring, but if I switch over to the Xbox or HTPC, the center channel is totally stable - no dropouts at all, so I don't see how this could be a physical issue - the chances that two devices' HDMI cables failed at the exact same time seem incredibly small, and obviously the wiring to the center channel must be fine since it plays fine whenever I switch over to Xbox or HTPC.

Two shows I had trouble with were Brainchild (watching with the kids) on Netflix and Homecoming on Prime. Last night, Homecoming wouldn't play the center channel at all on either Fire TV or AppleTV for over an hour while I fiddled with settings, but this morning it played fine.

I haven't done a factory reset yet, but I guess that's my next step. Before I did that, I was curious if anyone else had seen this issue. Thanks!
post #16060 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbinks View Post
Hello all,

Have had the 6300H for 18 months....it shuts down within just a few minutes of playing Atmos using 9 channels and the top is very, very hot. It shuts down every time...and I'm playing at a good volume but not a really loud volume. This is not a problem for watching regular tv or playing surround music.

I have a professional audio-visual installer who made all my connections. He thinks the unit just can't handle using all 9 channels and that its simply too much for it..saying the footprint is too small...curious for others' opinions. We double checked my paradigm monitor speaker wires, etc. I even bought a new set of monitor audio speakers after I took it in for repair to ensure speakers were not the problem. The Denon certified repair shop contacted Denon who told them to adjust the bias for each speaker channel....but they never ran the unit using all nine channels which annoyed me. I spent a total of 6 hours in my driving it to and from the repair shop. Their adjustment didn't solve the problem. I then mailed the unit to a place Denon recommended in New Jersey. I don't know what they did to it but they recommended Denon send me a x6500H which is on its way.

Has anyone had this problem with the 6300H and do you think the 6300/6500 can actually handle that much power draw required for Atmos 9 channel?

Sid
With at least one dedicated sub and all speakers set to at least SMALL/80Hz, there should be no reason the X6300H cannot power a 9 speaker Paradigm setup. More than likely a loose speaker wire from one post touching another post is causing the problem. Visually check each post to confirm. Also if there is any in-wall wiring it's possible a speaker wire casing has been opened via a nail or other sharp object.
post #16061 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Pass thru not working ???

I have a Denon AVR-X3300W. Until recently, yesterday, the pass through in standby function worked perfectly.
I had Comcast/Xfinity until I switched to AT&T/U-verse yesterday. After 3hrs. of setup by the tech., I asked why the avr was on. He told me there was a loose audio cable behind the TV, and it must have came loose when I moved the TV. So since I have the STB running through the AVR he just turned it on to get the sound. OK fine, I said. Later, after dinner, I turned on the TV with AVR off. Picture but no sound (maybe a bit every other second or two). No loose audio cable!
There was however a free optical coming from the STB. (protective cap still on, probably an option from Comcast).

I have now spent over 2hrs. going over menus from Denon, Sharp (tv), & AT&T. Result = Same.
Since sound works with AVR on I took the HDMI from STB and moved it directly to the TV. Audio and video work!
Pass through on the AVR still the same. Also tried different HDMI inputs on TV.

I would like to hear any relevant comments, suggestions, and/or questions.

Thank You very much for your Answers!
post #16062 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Its been a while since i read my pre manual but i think you might need to choose which input to pass through when reciever is off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #16063 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZAK61 View Post
I have a Denon AVR-X3300W. Until recently, yesterday, the pass through in standby function worked perfectly.
I had Comcast/Xfinity until I switched to AT&T/U-verse yesterday. After 3hrs. of setup by the tech., I asked why the avr was on. He told me there was a loose audio cable behind the TV, and it must have came loose when I moved the TV. So since I have the STB running through the AVR he just turned it on to get the sound. OK fine, I said. Later, after dinner, I turned on the TV with AVR off. Picture but no sound (maybe a bit every other second or two). No loose audio cable!
There was however a free optical coming from the STB. (protective cap still on, probably an option from Comcast).

I have now spent over 2hrs. going over menus from Denon, Sharp (tv), & AT&T. Result = Same.
Since sound works with AVR on I took the HDMI from STB and moved it directly to the TV. Audio and video work!
Pass through on the AVR still the same. Also tried different HDMI inputs on TV.

I would like to hear any relevant comments, suggestions, and/or questions.

Thank You very much for your Answers!

If there were no settings changed on the X3300W, the <HDMI Pass Through> setting defaults to ON and the <Pass through source> defaults to CBL/SAT. Check to confirm though. Then do a "soft reset" of the AVR by powering it OFF and disconnecting the power cable and HDMI cable that connects it to the TV for 10 minutes. Connect both cables and power on the TV first, pause 5 seconds, then the AT&T box.
post #16064 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 387
I have a denon 6300h

I have 7.1.4

My atmos (inceiling canton 880) speakers were configured as front and rear height but after reading on the atmos thread I went to switch them to top front and top rear.

Audyssey is now greyed out and the 4 atmos speakers are 0's in the level adjust. Is this normal? Do I have to re-run audyssey if I switch from height to top speakers? I believe I did that before and I don't remember having to re-run audyssey

Thanks!

65" 900E Tee Vee | Denon 6300H AVR | PSA MTM-210s | PSA MTM-210c | PSA MTM-110s | Canton 880 InCeilings | Rythmik FV25HP
post #16065 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by javan robinson View Post
I have a denon 6300h

I have 7.1.4

My atmos (inceiling canton 880) speakers were configured as front and rear height but after reading on the atmos thread I went to switch them to top front and top rear.

Audyssey is now greyed out and the 4 atmos speakers are 0's in the level adjust. Is this normal? Do I have to re-run audyssey if I switch from height to top speakers? I believe I did that before and I don't remember having to re-run audyssey

Thanks!
Yes.
DVDMike likes this.
post #16066 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hello all,

Sid
Either a loose speaker wire or no bass management ( running speakers full range) would be my 2 guesses.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #16067 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by kematt View Post
I have a X6300H that a couple months ago started having unlistenable audio filled with static on the Dolby Surround setting. I was having to use DTS Neutal:X. I have been putting off taking the unit to the local factory authorized repair center. My warranty expires this coming December.

I am delighted to post that the recent update FIXED THE PROBLEM ! What a plesant surprise!

I noticed that same issue watching cable TV when using Dolby Surround for upmixing on my 6300, and had to use Neural X. I guess I'll have to turn on the auto update and let it happen.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
post #16068 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yes.
Thank you! And dammit! Lol

While I have you here...another question - Isnt there a setting in the video settings that will let you see the currently selected source while having the setup menu up? So instead of the black background of the settings menu, it would show the current source or tv app.

Thanks!

65" 900E Tee Vee | Denon 6300H AVR | PSA MTM-210s | PSA MTM-210c | PSA MTM-110s | Canton 880 InCeilings | Rythmik FV25HP
post #16069 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 705
Quote:
Hello all,

Sid
How much top and side clearance do you have around the AVR? Is it in a sealed cabinet, or in the open?

I'm running 9 channels on my X4300, sometimes at what my wife diplomatically refers to as obnoxiously loud levels, and I haven't had any issues of the sort you're having.
post #16070 of 17395 Old 11-06-2018, 11:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Liked: 2157
Quote:
.... I don't know what they did to it but they recommended Denon send me a x6500H which is on its way.....

Sid
Wow, they're sending you a 6500?! Lucky you.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
post #16071 of 17395 Old 11-07-2018, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by javan robinson View Post
Thank you! And dammit! Lol

While I have you here...another question - Isnt there a setting in the video settings that will let you see the currently selected source while having the setup menu up? So instead of the black background of the settings menu, it would show the current source or tv app.

Thanks!
Perhaps you are referring to the INFO button?
post #16072 of 17395 Old 11-07-2018, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Will playing music (spotify Pandora)through my denon give me a better bitrate than an android device w/app

Or would casting to the shieldTV be a higher bitrate

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **

DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction

Last edited by kgveteran; 11-08-2018 at 11:02 AM.
post #16073 of 17395 Old 11-09-2018, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 23
DS static problem also fixed for me with the new update!

LG OLED 65E6P, Aperion (Verus II Grnd Towers/Center, Intimus 4B S/R surrounds, 4xL6-IC Ceiling), HSU STF-2 + VTF2 Mk5 subs, SVS Sub Isolation, Denon X4300H, PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/S300 Amp, PSA Detect Pwr Center, PSA AC3, AC5, Pangea AC 9SE MKII Signature Pwr Cables, AC Infinity Aircom S6+T8, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB TT w/ Nagaoka MP-150 Cart, Schiit Mani, Panasonic UB820 BR, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB DVR, Apple TV 4K, Harmony Elite Remote
post #16074 of 17395 Old 11-09-2018, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Do we know what changes/fixes are in the new update people are getting? I don’t see anything listed in post #4 and I haven’t received anything on my x4300h.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #16075 of 17395 Old 11-09-2018, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsonnens View Post
Do we know what changes/fixes are in the new update people are getting? I don’t see anything listed in post #4 and I haven’t received anything on my x4300h.

Sorry I mean post 6.

for some reason tapatalk errors out if I try to edit the above post.

post #16076 of 17395 Old 11-09-2018, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4815 Post(s)
Liked: 2851
Quote:

Firmware updates are spread out over time to keep the servers from being overloaded,so not everyone gets them at the same time.

My understanding is that the 2016 (like yours) and lesser 2017 models are getting only some bug fixes. Higher end 2017 models are getting bug fixes + eARC, while hgther end 2018 models are also getting IMAX Enhanced. Sorry, I don't recall the exact model breakdown. I'm sure JD does, though

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #16077 of 17395 Old 11-09-2018, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
Firmware updates are spread out over time to keep the servers from being overloaded,so not everyone gets them at the same time.

My understanding is that the 2016 (like yours) and lesser 2017 models are getting only some bug fixes. Higher end 2017 models are getting bug fixes + eARC, while hgther end 2018 models are also getting IMAX Enhanced. Sorry, I don't recall the exact model breakdown. I'm sure JD does, though

I did see the AVS post on the front page that listed models newer than 2016 getting an update yet I see people posting here that they are getting updates on their 2016 models. JD did not post anything about this newer firmware in his post 6 that he keeps up to date.
WynsWrld98 likes this.
post #16078 of 17395 Old 11-09-2018, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I did see the AVS post on the front page that listed models newer than 2016 getting an update yet I see people posting here that they are getting updates on their 2016 models. JD did not post anything about this newer firmware in his post 6 that he keeps up to date.
He has to get it from his Denon contacts first and Denon slow walks their firmware fix lists so its hurry up and wait time like always.

post #16079 of 17395 Old 11-11-2018, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the avrx3300w. I recently started messing with zone2 and have a couple issues that I need to figure out if it's normal or a problem.

1/ I have no menu or gui output out zone2.
2/ I can't seem to navigate the online music by ways of the remote or the front panel. I can't get to Pandora, iheart, server, or anything. Just the main online input.

Are these things Normal? Thanks.
post #16080 of 17395 Old 11-12-2018, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdot View Post
I have the avrx3300w. I recently started messing with zone2 and have a couple issues that I need to figure out if it's normal or a problem.

1/ I have no menu or gui output out zone2.
2/ I can't seem to navigate the online music by ways of the remote or the front panel. I can't get to Pandora, iheart, server, or anything. Just the main online input.

Are these things Normal? Thanks.
1. Normal.
2. You should still be able to make Zone 2 selections with the remote once Zone 2 is selected, you just won't see it on a GUI/menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page