The "OFFICIAL" 2016 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ - Page 562 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281176Likes

post #16831 of 16993 Old 04-22-2019, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTrance View Post
I'm having a problem with my X3300. It's been working for about a year with no issues. After a few hours of intermittent use throughout the day, the receiver will cycle the picture and sound on and off. It doesn't matter which source the media is coming through. Once it starts, this problem will recur every 3 minutes or so. For example, I'm watching TV on Fios and all the sudden, the sound and picture will go black and then it will cycle back on within about 10 seconds. 3 minutes later, it will happen again. It will continue to happen until I turn it off and leave it off overnight or for several hours. This happens about two weeks after the warranty runs out of my refurbished unit from accessories4less. I'm kicking myself for not buying a new unit or getting some sort of extended warranty.

Here are the components that I use:
- Denon X3300
- Samsung PND7000 (One of the last Samsung Plasma TV's)
- Apple TV 4K
- PS4
- Fios wireless box (this is about a month new in our household)
- EMP Tek fronts and surrounds
- HSU VTF3 MK4 sub
- Orb satellite rear surrounds

All sound goes out to the speakers and the all components connect into the AVR. Only cable that goes to the TV is the HDMI out from the receiver.

Things I've done to fix the problem:
- replace all the HDMI cables
- recheck all the cables and banana plugs for the speakers to ensure that there isn't any issue or cross connection
- I've unplugged each HDMI source one at a time to see if I can isolate if any specific component is causing the error and I've found nothing that makes a change.
- I've made sure that the eco mode isn't activated
Sorry to say it sounds like the 3300 is experiencing thermal shutdown. Is the top really hot while it's running?

You could try some of the CPU reset procedures in the first few posts in this thread, maybe one of them will help.
SJTrance likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16832 of 16993 Old 04-22-2019, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
Bob, your idea of using a spreadsheet intrigued me. I fiddled one up the includes both the loss at low frequencies from the resistive voltage divider and the added high-frequency loss from the shunt capacitance. I know I could not distinguish a dB or two loss at 20kHz

Have a look and see what I left out. Thanks! (Can't attach an XLSX file so unZIP before opening.)
I'm no EE, and I am having trouble following the method behind your calculation. I see that it uses no explicit complex numbers.

I include my version that just uses high school level voltage divider arithmetic (modified by using complex impedances). I adjusted my parameters to equal yours.

As you can see, the final value is identical.

I'll have to study the link you provided. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip my_take.zip (7.2 KB, 4 views)
post #16833 of 16993 Old 04-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
I'm no EE, and I am having trouble following the method behind your calculation. I see that it uses no explicit complex numbers.
The formula I used takes advantage of the fact that j^2 = -1, and the reactance of the capacitor is denoted as -jX(C),
so -(j^2) comes to 1 which falls out. All that is really needed in that denominator is the magnitude of the hypotenuse of a right triangle whose short sides are R and X(C).

See also {link}

Fortunately the designers at Denon have all of this worked out for us, so we can just "plug and play." And not run 500' RCA cables

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16834 of 16993 Old 04-22-2019, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TV ARC and Optical Audio vs. Cable box audio through Receiver

I’ve just purchased a new tv and am trying to make use of the smart tv functions (Netflix, plex etc…) that are native to the tv vs. the use of an external roku (which I’d like to repurpose and use on a different tv in my house.

In my family room, I have a new tv (Sony Bravia X830F) and an existing receiver (Denon s910w). They both have ARC capabilities. I have purchased a new HDMI cable from Amazon (their own private label brand). I have my cable box (Rogers SA) connected to my receiver via hdmi, I have my receiver HDMI arc out connected to my tv hdmi arc in. When I watch the cable box, the audio plays through my receiver. This is as it should be. However, when I switch to one of the apps on the tv (Netflix, Plex), the audio does not play through my receiver. I continue to hear the audio from my cable box. If I were to turn off the cable box, the audio will begin to play through the receiver. This seems odd to me that I would have to turn off the cable box in order for the audio from the tv to supercede what is already passing through to the receiver from the cable box. I would expect the user experience to be one where the receiver would sense that there is audio coming from the hdmi from the tv and know that it should supercede the audio coming from the cable box. I know that the arc works and that the tv sends the audio signal because when the receiver is off, I hear the sound from the apps being used.

I have also connected an optical audio cable and turned off arc on my receiver and even plugged the hdmi coming from my receiver into a different hdmi port on the tv. Same experience. The audio from the tv apps now coming over optical cable doesn’t cause the audio from the cable box which is directly connected to the receiver to stop being heard through my speaker. Only when I turn off the cable box o I hear the audio from the tv.

I conclude that this is an issue with my receiver and not the tv. Any ideas what to try. I can’t imagine that the only solution is that the cable box has to be turned off. That is a horrible user experience and can’t be what the rest of the world has to do.

Thoughts on what I am missing?
post #16835 of 16993 Old 04-22-2019, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 650
I don't know if this still applies, but there was a time when certain cable boxes sent the CEC "Select my input!" command full time, so that their input on an AVR or TV was always selected no matter what.

If that is your problem, pin 13 (the CEC command conduit) on the HDMI cable needs to be disconnected. Amazon sells a (pricey) device to do that:

https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Ad.../dp/B00DL48KVI

You can use Google to search for other devices.

You can also try bending pin 13 back on a cheap HDMI cable (pictures of where pin 13 is available online as well).
fill35U and Madmax67 like this.
post #16836 of 16993 Old 04-22-2019, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 692 Post(s)
Quoted: 21882 Post(s)
Liked: 11863
Quote:
Originally Posted by arg07 View Post
I’ve just purchased a new tv and am trying to make use of the smart tv functions (Netflix, plex etc…) that are native to the tv vs. the use of an external roku (which I’d like to repurpose and use on a different tv in my house.

In my family room, I have a new tv (Sony Bravia X830F) and an existing receiver (Denon s910w). They both have ARC capabilities. I have purchased a new HDMI cable from Amazon (their own private label brand). I have my cable box (Rogers SA) connected to my receiver via hdmi, I have my receiver HDMI arc out connected to my tv hdmi arc in. When I watch the cable box, the audio plays through my receiver. This is as it should be. However, when I switch to one of the apps on the tv (Netflix, Plex), the audio does not play through my receiver. I continue to hear the audio from my cable box. If I were to turn off the cable box, the audio will begin to play through the receiver. This seems odd to me that I would have to turn off the cable box in order for the audio from the tv to supercede what is already passing through to the receiver from the cable box. I would expect the user experience to be one where the receiver would sense that there is audio coming from the hdmi from the tv and know that it should supercede the audio coming from the cable box. I know that the arc works and that the tv sends the audio signal because when the receiver is off, I hear the sound from the apps being used.

I have also connected an optical audio cable and turned off arc on my receiver and even plugged the hdmi coming from my receiver into a different hdmi port on the tv. Same experience. The audio from the tv apps now coming over optical cable doesn’t cause the audio from the cable box which is directly connected to the receiver to stop being heard through my speaker. Only when I turn off the cable box o I hear the audio from the tv.

I conclude that this is an issue with my receiver and not the tv. Any ideas what to try. I can’t imagine that the only solution is that the cable box has to be turned off. That is a horrible user experience and can’t be what the rest of the world has to do.

Oops! Wrong thread. Please repost in the 2015 Denon AVR Owner's thread.
post #16837 of 16993 Old 04-22-2019, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2024 Post(s)
Liked: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by arg07 View Post

Try turning off CEC on your x3300 as well as your cable box. You don't need CEC enabled on the Denon for ARC to work. I have the x3300 and CEC is disabled and I use ARC from my OLED to the TV for Smart apps.

Afro GT
post #16838 of 16993 Old 04-22-2019, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
The formula I used takes advantage of the fact that j^2 = -1, and the reactance of the capacitor is denoted as -jX(C),
so -(j^2) comes to 1 which falls out. All that is really needed in that denominator is the magnitude of the hypotenuse of a right triangle whose short sides are R and X(C).

See also {link}

Fortunately the designers at Denon have all of this worked out for us, so we can just "plug and play." And not run 500' RCA cables
I can manage basic complex arithmetic. (Haven't done contour integrals for a while.)

As I said in a private message, what confused me was the application of the Thevenin theorem. Had to think about that for a bit; haven't used it in decades. It made for a tidier calculation, I see.

I used a more brute-force approach using the complex arithmetic in Excel. It's a clumsy implementation, but it works. No subtlety for me.
post #16839 of 16993 Old 04-24-2019, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Is it just me or after one of the latest updates, dynamic eq sounds more balanced with the height channels?

I haven't used it in a while. But testing right now at a volume of 50 I can hear the heights just as clearly and at the same (perceived) volume level.

If they fixed that it would be awesome

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
post #16840 of 16993 Old 04-24-2019, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjmc99 View Post
Is it just me or after one of the latest updates, dynamic eq sounds more balanced with the height channels?

I haven't used it in a while. But testing right now at a volume of 50 I can hear the heights just as clearly and at the same (perceived) volume level.

If they fixed that it would be awesome

confirm what "sound mode" you are in... is it in "multi ch stereo"? Because, for whatever benefits or negatives that come in that mode, one thing it does is play the heights at the same level as the other speakers...
For what it's worth, I also employ "heights" (well, it's set up and marked as "top middle", but that just means it's considered in-ceiling...) so I do have experience in the different modes...

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
post #16841 of 16993 Old 04-25-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
confirm what "sound mode" you are in... is it in "multi ch stereo"? Because, for whatever benefits or negatives that come in that mode, one thing it does is play the heights at the same level as the other speakers...

For what it's worth, I also employ "heights" (well, it's set up and marked as "top middle", but that just means it's considered in-ceiling...) so I do have experience in the different modes...
Sorry should have put that in my post, I was watching a clip from the hunger games in truehd atmos. I have an x4300h with 7.2.4 tf+tr

post #16842 of 16993 Old 04-25-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjmc99 View Post
Sorry should have put that in my post, I was watching a clip from the hunger games in truehd atmos. I have an x4300h with 7.2.4 tf+tr

if that's the case....nice! I can't wait to update my firmware and try/see it out for myself! thanks!

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
post #16843 of 16993 Old 04-26-2019, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 320
I haven't used DynEQ in quite a while. I think I ditched it about the time I switched to Atmos and also got a miniDSP to make my own house curve (among other things). I think reduced height channel levels were one of the things I didn't like about DynEQ. If a recent firmware update now has the height channels with a better/stronger level, is there any change in regards to surround speaker levels? Most say that the surround channels are too loud with DynEQ engaged.
post #16844 of 16993 Old 04-26-2019, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I need some help with 7.1.4 connections with 2 amps.

Hi,
I'm setting up 7.1.4 in the next few weeks.

I have a Denon x4300h, which allows for 11.2, but only powers 9 speakers. I have another amp with external inputs, Denon AVR-1906.

The amp options in the 4300h allow you to select a single pair to offload to another amp.

The two options are FR and FL or SR and SL. ***I believe all pre-outs are active at all times, but I'm not sure of this***

What is the best way to split the power? Should I do LCR on the AVR-1906, and everything else on the x4300h? Would you offload only 1 pair, or more than one using the pre-outs on the x4300?

I think this is correct, but need help.

For the x4300h:
Set amp to 11.1 ch setting: http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX4300H/E...DRDZMLfhtkhddn

In that diagram, it only offloads the TRR and TRL speakers.

For that pre-out on the x4300h, does it plug into the AVR-1906 on any external input?

If so, does that mean I can also send the other 2 Atmos channels?

This would have the x4300 powering the 7 speakers and the AVR-1906 powering the 4 Atmos speakers.
----------------

Will that work, or am I missing something important?

From the manual:
Pre-out
When “Assign Mode” is set to “11.1ch”, selects the PRE OUT
connector the external power amplifier used in MAIN ZONE.
The PRE OUT connectors that can be selected differ depending on the
combination of “Floor” - “Layout” and “Height” - “Layout” settings
configured in the menu.
post #16845 of 16993 Old 04-26-2019, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbodude99 View Post
Hi,
I'm setting up 7.1.4 in the next few weeks.

I have a Denon x4300h, which allows for 11.2, but only powers 9 speakers. I have another amp with external inputs, Denon AVR-1906.

The amp options in the 4300h allow you to select a single pair to offload to another amp.

The two options are FR and FL or SR and SL. ***I believe all pre-outs are active at all times, but I'm not sure of this***

What is the best way to split the power? Should I do LCR on the AVR-1906, and everything else on the x4300h? Would you offload only 1 pair, or more than one using the pre-outs on the x4300?

I think this is correct, but need help.

For the x4300h:
Set amp to 11.1 ch setting: http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX4300H/E...DRDZMLfhtkhddn

In that diagram, it only offloads the TRR and TRL speakers.

For that pre-out on the x4300h, does it plug into the AVR-1906 on any external input?

If so, does that mean I can also send the other 2 Atmos channels?

This would have the x4300 powering the 7 speakers and the AVR-1906 powering the 4 Atmos speakers.
----------------

Will that work, or am I missing something important?

From the manual:
Pre-out
When “Assign Mode” is set to “11.1ch”, selects the PRE OUT
connector the external power amplifier used in MAIN ZONE.
The PRE OUT connectors that can be selected differ depending on the
combination of “Floor” - “Layout” and “Height” - “Layout” settings
configured in the menu.

There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread, to include a link in post 1 under the X4300H heading on how to expand the X4300H from 9CH --> 11CH.
post #16846 of 16993 Old 04-26-2019, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidacat View Post
I haven't used DynEQ in quite a while. I think I ditched it about the time I switched to Atmos and also got a miniDSP to make my own house curve (among other things). I think reduced height channel levels were one of the things I didn't like about DynEQ. If a recent firmware update now has the height channels with a better/stronger level, is there any change in regards to surround speaker levels? Most say that the surround channels are too loud with DynEQ engaged.
You have a couple different options to include using one of three Audyssey Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset settings (5, 10, 15) that will reduce the impact of surround audio bump as well as simply reducing the surround speaker levels or increasing the height channel levels in Manual Setup - Test Tones.
post #16847 of 16993 Old 04-26-2019, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread, to include a link in post 1 under the X4300H heading on how to expand the X4300H from 9CH --> 11CH.
Yes there is! I think my post was moved, but I found exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks for that
post #16848 of 16993 Old 04-26-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidacat View Post
If I get a chance I'll measure it tonight to see if it's truly the same. I did some more listening tests this morning and I'm not 100% convinced it's even. I'm doing 10db offset

post #16849 of 16993 Old 04-29-2019, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
I'm having a problem with my X3300. It's been working for about a year with no issues. After a few hours of intermittent use throughout the day, the receiver will cycle the picture and sound on and off. It doesn't matter which source the media is coming through. Once it starts, this problem will recur every 3 minutes or so. For example, I'm watching TV on Fios and all the sudden, the sound and picture will go black and then it will cycle back on within about 10 seconds. 3 minutes later, it will happen again. It will continue to happen until I turn it off and leave it off overnight or for several hours. This happens about two weeks after the warranty runs out of my refurbished unit from accessories4less. I'm kicking myself for not buying a new unit or getting some sort of extended warranty.

Here are the components that I use:
- Denon X3300
- Samsung PND7000 (One of the last Samsung Plasma TV's)
- Apple TV 4K
- PS4
- Fios wireless box (this is about a month new in our household)
- EMP Tek fronts and surrounds
- HSU VTF3 MK4 sub
- Orb satellite rear surrounds

All sound goes out to the speakers and the all components connect into the AVR. Only cable that goes to the TV is the HDMI out from the receiver.

Things I've done to fix the problem:
- replace all the HDMI cables
- recheck all the cables and banana plugs for the speakers to ensure that there isn't any issue or cross connection
- I've unplugged each HDMI source one at a time to see if I can isolate if any specific component is causing the error and I've found nothing that makes a change.
- I've made sure that the eco mode isn't activated

your "symptoms" aren't exactly what my X4300 used to display, but for whatever it's worth, here's my problem and solutions:

My x4300 is setup to push 9 speakers for Atmos, by itself, no external power amp to off the load. It got hot, or HOT very quickly. About half a year after owning it and running 9 speakers, it started to "flip out" on me randomly: I'd be watching BR from a player via X4300's "Blu-Ray" hdmi channel, suddenly it'd switch over to “Media" hdmi channel, or "CSL" channel, when no input switch command was given.

I employed 2 remedies to fix that problem, though I cannot say which 1 of them actually solved the problem or were both required, or if the problem went away by itself and all I had was placebo effect: 1. I followed the front-page instruction to factory-reset my x4300; 2. I purchased 2 cooling fans designed for AVR and placed them on top of my x4300. After I applied these 2 remedies, my x4300 has not been hot-to-the-touch ever since (it may or may not be the culprit to your problem), and it has not "flipped out" on me ever since.

Hope it helps.
simplepinoi177 likes this.

LG OLED C6
Denon X4300h 5.1.4 setup
Sony UBP-X700 (no longer waiting for DV)
post #16850 of 16993 Old 04-30-2019, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'm a 6300 owner and recently upgraded my front three speakers to the Paradigm 95Fs and the 55c. I'm also running a pair of in ceiling speakers and a pair of Aperion 533 towers for the rears off the Denon. I'm starting to wonder if this is just too many large speakers for the Denon to handle. I'm considering buying a separate amp, maybe a 3 or 5 channel to take some of the load off the Denon. I haven't run into any problems just yet, but the Denon does seem to be pretty hot. Any thoughts?
post #16851 of 16993 Old 04-30-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouty View Post
I'm a 6300 owner and recently upgraded my front three speakers to the Paradigm 95Fs and the 55c. I'm also running a pair of in ceiling speakers and a pair of Aperion 533 towers for the rears off the Denon. I'm starting to wonder if this is just too many large speakers for the Denon to handle. I'm considering buying a separate amp, maybe a 3 or 5 channel to take some of the load off the Denon. I haven't run into any problems just yet, but the Denon does seem to be pretty hot. Any thoughts?
Your suspicions might be right in the end, but I would advise/suggest running it as is for now -- since you're saying you haven't run into any problems yet -- and see if your Denon doesn't act up by suddenly turning off, blinking various colored lights, or what not. Supposedly, those safeguards are in place to act before it gets bad and gets to a point that causes any damage (so, I wouldn't worry too much about any potential damage via this testing method). If it, in the end, never runs into any problems, then that just means that (to your surprise or anyone else's) the Denon is able to handle it; which ends up answering your question and might save you considerable amount of time and money...

Last edited by simplepinoi177; 04-30-2019 at 09:58 AM.
post #16852 of 16993 Old 04-30-2019, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Update: I’m just gonna ditch this receiver and get a 3400. I’m sad that I didn’t get the extended warranty and they would have fixed it. I’ll also get the cooler we recommended above.
post #16853 of 16993 Old 04-30-2019, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
A fan on the 6300 should help with the heat. You only need the extra amp if it currently sounds bad or as stated above if the unit is shutting down.

I put my center channel on it's own amp (an old AVR) just to see if there was any difference. I don't notice anything.
post #16854 of 16993 Old 04-30-2019, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
In all likelihood, simply adding an external fan (eg. AC Infinity T8 (rear exhaust) or T10 (front exhaust)) should do the trick.
simplepinoi177 likes this.
post #16855 of 16993 Old 04-30-2019, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 218
I currently have a 7.1.4 rig, should i be getting sound out of the back ch. when listening to music in surround modes, i like DTS neuralX

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **

DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction
post #16856 of 16993 Old 04-30-2019, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post
I currently have a 7.1.4 rig, should i be getting sound out of the back ch. when listening to music in surround modes, i like DTS neuralX
Yes, providing of course you're using a 2CH external amp to expand the X4300H from 9CH --> 11CH and AMP ASSIGN = 11.1 and Audyssey was run again after adding the additional speakers.
post #16857 of 16993 Old 05-01-2019, 03:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Quote:
Yes, providing of course you're using a 2CH external amp to expand the X4300H from 9CH --> 11CH and AMP ASSIGN = 11.1 and Audyssey was run again after adding the additional speakers.
I use 7 mono amps for the 7 surround channels, and internal amps for the 4 Atmos channels...... i get all the channels working with Atmos 4K discs

As of Feb 20th still looking for a Marantz SR7010
**HT Build https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...-door-0-a.html **

DIY HT builds, are 90%planning, 10%construction
post #16858 of 16993 Old 05-01-2019, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I use 7 mono amps for the 7 surround channels, and internal amps for the 4 Atmos channels...... i get all the channels working with Atmos 4K discs
Then no reason they shouldn't all be playing using DTS Neural:X as well.
ahblaza likes this.
post #16859 of 16993 Old 05-01-2019, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 24
denon x3300
vizio p quantum
roku ultra

my vizio had a firmware update yesterday.

for some reason my roku ultra is not recognized by the denon after the update. no signal detected or something
the 4k bluray player connected to the denon is fine

wondering if this is a denon issue or the tv firmware issue?
post #16860 of 16993 Old 05-02-2019, 04:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Update: I’m just gonna ditch this receiver and get a 3400. I’m sad that I didn’t get the extended warranty and they would have fixed it. I’ll also get the cooler we recommended above.

Did you buy with a credit card that adds another year to the warranty? I never buy extended warranty but have used credit card extensions. Some Citi cards have two year extra warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ahblaza likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
6300h , 6400h , 6500h , arc , atmos , avr , avr-3300 , AVR-x2300W , avr-x3300w , connection , Denon , denon 3300 , denon avr x2300w , denon avr-x1300w , dlna , hdmi , issue , JS8500 , media player input , multi-zone , network , nexus player , OLED65E6P , pass-through , preamp , receiver problem , slingbox m1 , smart tv arc , spdif , speaker setup , video/audio , x4300h , x6300h , xbr-65x900e , zone 2 , zone 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page