Denon X4300H - chirping from speakers
This problem has been going on for awhile. Over a year now. Maybe longer. I’ve owned the receiver for 2 years. There is a chirping sound coming from 1 speaker at a time when watching anything from cable TV to PS4 movies.
It only happens when the volume is about 59. So louder volumes. And only from great sound quality movies, shows, etc. At first I thought it was my ceiling speaker & related to Dolby Atmos since the sound usually comes from the left ceiling speaker. But then I noticed it on different sound fields & with different sources.
Then I unplugged that speaker from the receiver during a scene with the chirping & it moved to another random speaker. I unplugged that speaker & it jumped to another speaker. It’s a weird chirping noise that seems to be the receiver passing on a signal it cannot handle properly. Maybe an issue with the sound processing board. The closest thing I can describe the sound as is the chirping that is output during Audyssey set up. But not exactly like that.
A few things to note:
- I’ve done factory resets & it comes back every time.
- Some movies are worse than others. Most newer blu rays are terrible with the chirping noise. Most notably Spider-Man Multiverse animated movie. Anything with a good sound track.
- It only happens at higher volumes (59+). I usually watch movies around 75.
- It happens in any sound field (Atmos, Dolby X, Pure Direct); doesn’t matter
- Does not happen with older movies or TV shows that have poor sound quality or older blu ray movies.
- Happens no matter if I’m using the PS4 for games, blu rays or watching cable TV.
I am running 7.2 surround with a fan on top of the Denon amp & I also have the front 2 speakers hooked up to an external amp.
Some speakers: Klipsch R5650 in wall, Klipsch Ref RP 450CA (center), Klipsch surround, Def Tech Di 6.5R in ceiling, towers are EmpTek 55's, 2 subs are 12". I forget the brands but common. No nicks in speaker wires.
Am I overpowering this amp? I would have never thought so.
I sent in this in to United Radio & they currently have it but cannot duplicate the issue & are ready to send it back. This is so frustrating!
Your help is so appreciated!