*Official* Marantz 2016 NR-1607, SR-5011/6011/7011 owner's thread - Page 141 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7308Likes

post #4201 of 5005 Old 04-21-2018, 04:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi friends,
One of my friend bought brand new Marantz SR6011 from Europe and bring to India. It has European warranty not worldwide warranty. After opening the receiver out of box and plugged it in india its powered on but not giving sounds or any signals from output connectors. So he tried to firmware update to this receiver but it stucks in retriving firmware option. So guys can you tell me how to solve this problem? I ask this because he offered me this faulty receiver at very less price and I really like to have this but only in complete working condition.

Following youtube video was uploaded by user.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4202 of 5005 Old 04-21-2018, 05:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 731 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22446 Post(s)
Liked: 12204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish_Solanki View Post
Hi friends,
One of my friend bought brand new Marantz SR6011 from Europe and bring to India. It has European warranty not worldwide warranty. After opening the receiver out of box and plugged it in india its powered on but not giving sounds or any signals from output connectors. So he tried to firmware update to this receiver but it stucks in retriving firmware option. So guys can you tell me how to solve this problem? I ask this because he offered me this faulty receiver at very less price and I really like to have this but only in complete working condition.
Is the AVR connected to your modem or router either wired or wirelessly? Refer to post 5 of this thread and do a Network Reset.
post #4203 of 5005 Old 04-22-2018, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hello everyone

I am new to the forums but have been a long time lurker. I just recently bought the SR7011 and had few questions. I’m probably sure it’s been answered however going through 400 pages on the iPhone can be hard ( I did go back a couple pages though before I posted).

So far I like the unit however a few questions on the settings. I ran Audyssey and I see the results in the speaker section under Audyssey setup. I did not agree with some of the settings so I went to the manual settings and changed them. My question is how do I know those manual settings are applied and not the Audyssey settings? I changed the crossovers and levels but I’m not sure if it is using the Audyssey settings or my input.

Also when I hit the options button while watching a movie it brings up another menu where I can adjust the level for each channel again. They are all at 0 db and I can then adjust them? I am confused now as to what settings are being applied now? If I adjust the levels now in the options do they over ride my manual settings or the Audyssey settings?

There is also another setting in the audio section just for the subwoofers to adjust the bass but again is it on top of the manual settings or is it another level? I leave that off because I figure the other settings should be enough. Seems a little confusing to me to add so many adjustments when you have no idea what is being applied.

I am coming from an Integra reciever for about 10 years now (I wanted to upgrade to 4K pss through and most importantly Atmos) and it was pretty much straight forward. Once the Audyssey was done on that unit you just adjust it and done. It would apply to all speakers.

I guess I’m just confused with all the options that I don’t know what is being used and what levels? Again sorry for the long post and apologize if this has been addressed before. Thank you for all you input and time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4204 of 5005 Old 04-23-2018, 03:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najib Husain View Post
Hello everyone

I am new to the forums but have been a long time lurker. I just recently bought the SR7011 and had few questions. I’m probably sure it’s been answered however going through 400 pages on the iPhone can be hard ( I did go back a couple pages though before I posted).

So far I like the unit however a few questions on the settings. I ran Audyssey and I see the results in the speaker section under Audyssey setup. I did not agree with some of the settings so I went to the manual settings and changed them. My question is how do I know those manual settings are applied and not the Audyssey settings? I changed the crossovers and levels but I’m not sure if it is using the Audyssey settings or my input.

Also when I hit the options button while watching a movie it brings up another menu where I can adjust the level for each channel again. They are all at 0 db and I can then adjust them? I am confused now as to what settings are being applied now? If I adjust the levels now in the options do they over ride my manual settings or the Audyssey settings?

There is also another setting in the audio section just for the subwoofers to adjust the bass but again is it on top of the manual settings or is it another level? I leave that off because I figure the other settings should be enough. Seems a little confusing to me to add so many adjustments when you have no idea what is being applied.

I am coming from an Integra reciever for about 10 years now (I wanted to upgrade to 4K pss through and most importantly Atmos) and it was pretty much straight forward. Once the Audyssey was done on that unit you just adjust it and done. It would apply to all speakers.

I guess I’m just confused with all the options that I don’t know what is being used and what levels? Again sorry for the long post and apologize if this has been addressed before. Thank you for all you input and time.
For the Audyssey - Speakers-audyssey-manual setup. After making the individual changes (crossover, distance, etc.) just hit the back button and the settings are saved. Return to main settings menu and Audio-Audyssey - These are the controls for various other audyssey options (dynamic volume, Dynamic EQ, etc.) You can either google Audyssey for answer and recommendations about settings for different sources (movies, internet radio, etc.) or call Marantz and ask for the assistance. Also look here
http://www.willowville.net/ht/Audyss...up%20Guide.pdf and here
http://manuals.marantz.com/SR7011/EU...SYphwaueoj.php

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #4205 of 5005 Old 04-23-2018, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Hello everyone

1. Any changes in Manual Setup override the settings stored in the Audyssey Setup and become the new Audyssey setting; however, the original settings remain in Audyssey Setup so you can return to them should you decide to do so at a later date.
2. Yes. They are either added/subtracted (+/- 12dB) from the settings in Manual Setup.
3. Which is still true today; however, now you have additional settings to apply for each specific source should you choose to do so.
post #4206 of 5005 Old 04-23-2018, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for the answers JD. I did not know that it adds in the options section. Pretty cool because not all movies are recorded that same so it’s nice to change on the fly and not mess up your original settings.

I followed your other instructions of also increasing the sub settings by +5db over Audyssey and it does make a huge difference. I’m not hurting the subs in the long run of I push it that hot? Also do you recommend the air cool fans for the receivers because it does seem to run very hot at times.

Thanks again for the help.
post #4207 of 5005 Old 04-23-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the answers JD. I did not know that it adds in the options section. Pretty cool because not all movies are recorded that same so it’s nice to change on the fly and not mess up your original settings.

I followed your other instructions of also increasing the sub settings by +5db over Audyssey and it does make a huge difference. I’m not hurting the subs in the long run of I push it that hot? Also do you recommend the air cool fans for the receivers because it does seem to run very hot at times.

Thanks again for the help.
Adding an AC Infinity Aircom cooler certainly wouldn't hurt, but if the top of the AVR isn't really hot to the touch, then not likely required.
post #4208 of 5005 Old 04-23-2018, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So apparently any time a Bluetooth device that has been paired with the 7011 starts playing audio/video, the receiver automatically switches over to the Bluetooth input and streams it, even if it was playing something else through a different input previously. Is there a way to disable this "feature"?
post #4209 of 5005 Old 04-23-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgates View Post
So apparently any time a Bluetooth device that has been paired with the 7011 starts playing audio/video, the receiver automatically switches over to the Bluetooth input and streams it, even if it was playing something else through a different input previously. Is there a way to disable this "feature"?
Yup. Unpair the streaming device from the AVR.
post #4210 of 5005 Old 04-23-2018, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yup. Unpair the streaming device from the AVR.
Yeah, I knew I could do that. It just doesn't seem like much of a solution, having to pair and unpair constantly (actually, just turning off Bluetooth on the device works, don't have to completely unapair). It seems like there should be a way for the receiver to start streaming only it it's already set to the Bluetooth input without it jumping to it automatically. Oh well, nitpicking I suppose.
post #4211 of 5005 Old 04-24-2018, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 41
SR6011 remote is it able to control
Sony tv? Sony blu-ray?
Can it be programmed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4212 of 5005 Old 04-25-2018, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anybody using the SR7011 for a 7.1.4 system? I'm probably going to get one in the next few days but the official site is saying I would need a secondary amp to power a 7.1.4 system. I currently have a 7.1 Aperion Audio Intimus and will be adding 4 ceiling speakers shortly for Dolby Atmos system. What would happen to the sound quality if I didn't have a second amp?

Thanks!

Xbox LIVE Tag: D O N K E R
Vizio M75-E1
Denon AVRX6300H
Aperion Audio Intimus 6C Center, 6C Surrounds, 6C Bookshelf, 6C In ceiling
Yamaha Sub
post #4213 of 5005 Old 04-25-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankir View Post
Is anybody using the SR7011 for a 7.1.4 system? I'm probably going to get one in the next few days but the official site is saying I would need a secondary amp to power a 7.1.4 system. I currently have a 7.1 Aperion Audio Intimus and will be adding 4 ceiling speakers shortly for Dolby Atmos system. What would happen to the sound quality if I didn't have a second amp?

Thanks!
The SR7011 is only a 9CH model so on it's own can only do a 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 setup. In order to expand to a 11CH setup (ie. 7.1.4) you would need an external amp to power either the FL/FR or Height 2 L/R speakers.
post #4214 of 5005 Old 04-25-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowx800 View Post
SR6011 remote is it able to control
Sony tv? Sony blu-ray?
Can it be programmed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, rather the SR7011 is the lowest model who's remote can control other devices as well as learn commands from other device remotes. You could however simply use a Harmony remote to control all devices when using the SR6011.
snowx800 likes this.
post #4215 of 5005 Old 04-25-2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
The SR7011 is only a 9CH model so on it's own can only do a 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 setup. In order to expand to a 11CH setup (ie. 7.1.4) you would need an external amp to power either the FL/FR or Height 2 L/R speakers.
Ah the Bestbuy descriptions list it as a 9.2 model. So what happens if you use up all the Left H1 & H2 and Right H1 & H2 connectors? On top of the existing 7 speakers? It has the connections for it, so no sound out of 2 ceiling speakers then?

Vizio M75-E1
Denon AVRX6300H
Yamaha Sub
post #4216 of 5005 Old 04-25-2018, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Ah the Bestbuy descriptions list it as a 9.2 model. So what happens if you use up all the Left H1 & H2 and Right H1 & H2 connectors? On top of the existing 7 speakers? It has the connections for it, so no sound out of 2 ceiling speakers then?
Correct.
post #4217 of 5005 Old 04-25-2018, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 870
Quote:
You can connect all those, but in the AVR settings there's am amp assign, so you can switch between 5.2.4 or 7.2.2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
post #4218 of 5005 Old 04-25-2018, 08:46 AM

Thanks guys, I ended up buying a Denon AVRX6300H instead.

Vizio M75-E1
Denon AVRX6300H
Yamaha Sub
post #4219 of 5005 Old 05-01-2018, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 39
My 6011 is showing faint red horizontal lines on the front display. Does this mean it's running too hot? I did a search both here and on Google and couldn't find anything. It's not shutting down but it is definitely hot to the touch. I have a single AC Infinity fan blowing on it now but I ordered a second one too.

From what I have read, having the fans pulling air should work better but for me having it flipped around and pushing air across the top from the back seems to keep it cooler. Is there a consensus on this? The front of my entertainment center is open, no door or anything.
post #4220 of 5005 Old 05-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaded21 View Post
My 6011 is showing faint red horizontal lines on the front display. Does this mean it's running too hot? I did a search both here and on Google and couldn't find anything. It's not shutting down but it is definitely hot to the touch. I have a single AC Infinity fan blowing on it now but I ordered a second one too.

From what I have read, having the fans pulling air should work better but for me having it flipped around and pushing air across the top from the back seems to keep it cooler. Is there a consensus on this? The front of my entertainment center is open, no door or anything.
You're also pushing dust on to the components.
post #4221 of 5005 Old 05-01-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
You're also pushing dust on to the components.
Wouldn't I be pulling dust onto the components if I flip it around?
post #4222 of 5005 Old 05-02-2018, 01:08 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Of course, it would seem cooler to you because you are not allowing the heat to get out. Your receiver will cook inside but cool outside.

Hot air is lighter that cooler air so the natural thing to do is to help the heat (hot air) get out of you receiver faster by pulling them out from the top upwards or push in colder air from the bottom.
Your receiver already has two (2) fans at the bottom to pull colder air and push heated air upwards.
post #4223 of 5005 Old 05-02-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit View Post
Of course, it would seem cooler to you because you are not allowing the heat to get out. Your receiver will cook inside but cool outside.

Hot air is lighter that cooler air so the natural thing to do is to help the heat (hot air) get out of you receiver faster by pulling them out from the top upwards or push in colder air from the bottom.
Your receiver already has two (2) fans at the bottom to pull colder air and push heated air upwards.
It was my understanding that the SR6011 doesn't have internal fans and for the models that do have them, they only come on above 150F. Regardless, I ordered 2 of these to put on top. I am also running in ECO mode for the time being.
post #4224 of 5005 Old 05-02-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
It was my understanding that the SR6011 doesn't have internal fans and for the models that do have them, they only come on above 150F. Regardless, I ordered 2 of these to put on top. I am also running in ECO mode for the time being.
Although the SR6011 does indeed have 2 internal fans, you are correct in that they are only going to come on at 158F (ie. unlikely to ever power on) so you are much better served using your own external fans to draw the warm air out of the AVR. Running in ECO mode also should drop the temp by 10F as well.
post #4225 of 5005 Old 05-02-2018, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 754
Quote:
Wise move as 150F is too hot! I dare anyone on here go stand in a room that is 150F for 5 minutes and tell me that it was not hot. I use the AC Infinity fans and they work great. The receiver runs cooler and stable.
post #4226 of 5005 Old 05-02-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Although the SR6011 does indeed have 2 internal fans, you are correct in that they are only going to come on at 158F (ie. unlikely to ever power on) so you are much better served using your own external fans to draw the warm air out of the AVR. Running in ECO mode also should drop the temp by 10F as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
Wise move as 150F is too hot! I dare anyone on here go stand in a room that is 150F for 5 minutes and tell me that it was not hot. I use the AC Infinity fans and they work great. The receiver runs cooler and stable.
Yes, 150F (65.6C) is hot for most animals and plants, but that's not hot at all for electronic components rated at 221F (105C) to 279F (155C).

I am not worried about my receiver's temperature as long as it does not go beyond 185F or 85C. It never did, so far.
I think it never will because of its bottom fans that start at 158F or 70C, as @jdsmoothie mentioned. That gives a lot of safety margin for me to worry. I am happy with the built-in thermal protection.

Some even claim to notice that SS audio equipment sound best near their breaking point, temperature-wise, but I wouldn't say that myself, because I think the improvement is caused not by the rise in temperature but the change of mode to class-A during a thermal runaway situation.

That's just my 2 cents worth of opinion anyway.

Last edited by Fruit; 05-02-2018 at 03:05 PM.
post #4227 of 5005 Old 05-02-2018, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Hey guys, so I just tried connecting a turntable to the 'phono' jacks on the back of my AVR, but the sound was awful (distorted and bassy). I'm guessing I did something wrong? I connected to the DVD inputs instead, and things are fine.

Also, the volume is way low. I normally listen around -21 to -16 or so, but the turntable is quiet at these settings. I raised the input level to +10, and gets me in the ballpark of what I'm used to. There's no danger to doing this, is there? I normally don't like boosting things that much, but if I didn't, I'd be listening at 0 or higher. Thanks for the help!
post #4228 of 5005 Old 05-02-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overrid3 View Post
Hey guys, so I just tried connecting a turntable to the 'phono' jacks on the back of my AVR, but the sound was awful (distorted and bassy). I'm guessing I did something wrong? I connected to the DVD inputs instead, and things are fine.

Also, the volume is way low. I normally listen around -21 to -16 or so, but the turntable is quiet at these settings. I raised the input level to +10, and gets me in the ballpark of what I'm used to. There's no danger to doing this, is there? I normally don't like boosting things that much, but if I didn't, I'd be listening at 0 or higher. Thanks for the help!
Does your turntable come with own equalization preamp?
If so, then yes you'll get bassy distorted sound from the phono input because the phono input is for signals coming from turntables without preamps using "moving magnet cartridges".

The output of typical moving magnet preamps are 10db lower than other sources so DO NOT WORRY. Adjusting your input level to +10 would achieve what you want without detrimental effects.

Last edited by Fruit; 05-02-2018 at 07:58 PM.
post #4229 of 5005 Old 05-02-2018, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit View Post
Does your turntable come with own equalization preamp?
If so, then yes you'll get bassy distorted sound from the phono input because the phono input is for signals coming from turntables without preamps using "moving magnet cartridges".

The output of typical moving magnet preamps are 10db lower than other sources so DO NOT WORRY. Adjusting your input level to +10 would achieve what you want without detrimental effects.
Thanks. I'm not sure, but I think it probably does have its own preamp. It's one of those Crosley retro-looking numbers with built-in speakers. They actually sound pretty bad (hardly any bass), so I used the RCA outs and hooked them up to the Marantz. Huge improvement (not counting my little blunder with the phono jacks).

Also, this is probably a more appropriate question for the Audyssey thread, but do you all notice that the imaging (for stereo music) is a lot better with Audyssey on than with it off (in pure direct mode)? Pure Direct isn't bad, but when I switch back to Audyssey, the vocals are very clearly coming from the center. In fact, for a minute I thought it was playing in 3.1, but nope, just my 2 mains and sub.
post #4230 of 5005 Old 05-04-2018, 02:45 PM

Is it any point having external cooling for a 7011? It gets very hot and have problems with network on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
analog or toslink headphones sr6011 , audio outputs , marantz receiver ethernet playback noise , NR-1607

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page